The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Spoiler Forum Guidelines"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

SurvivorBlows 15230 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-11-02, 10:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorBlows Click to send private message to SurvivorBlows Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Spoiler Forum Guidelines"
LAST EDITED ON 04-12-02 AT 02:02 AM (EST)

Blatantly stolen from Sleeeve:

======================================================

For the S4 season, there are once again a few things that I'd like to make sure we're all aware of...
First:

The official vote thread will be started on Tuesday night by either SherpaDave or Superman. Any vote thread NOT started by one of those two will be locked and/or deleted... Starting it Tuesday night gives people a little less than 48 hours to cast their vote (which should be plenty of time).
The rules for the vote thread will be included each week in the initial post... it's easy... works the same as last season.

Second:

The official East Coast feed Thread will be started each week by IceCat.

All play-by-play comments should be placed in that thread. Everyone should feel free to add their comments/observations/analysis to that thread... New threads that contain information about the show that are posted before midnight EST may be locked or deleted at the moderator's disgression. This is to allow our West Coast members to use the spoiler board during the show, without having the actual episode ruined for them. It also allows spoiler access to any West Coasters that just can't wait another 3 hours (and keeps a summary in our archives, should we ever need one). West Coasters should be aware, however, that the mods can't be everywhere at once. Accessing the forum after 8pm EST should be done at your own risk.

After each episode, posts like "I told you that Lindsey was next to go" should be kept to a minimum... Bragging is natural, but our goal each week is to spoil the next episode, not feed our egos.

Finally:

I'd like to remind everyone that this is a threaded community. The board features allow us to keep related information under the same heading. While we allow our members to start any threads that they want, we ask that your thread contribute in some way to the effort of the board. In other words, if you wish to comment on a subject addressed in another thread, do it in that thread. If you have something new to share, a new thread is appropriate.

There is a lot of leeway on this, because it's hard to define what should be considered "related" and what should be considered "new" (since really every thread is striving to spoil the same aspects of the show)... obvious violations will be taken care of at the moderators' discretion, but our overall goal is to have fun.

Additionally, it should be noted that we have forums for fanatics (praising the contestants) and bashers (making fun of the contestants). There's a lot of fun to be had in this forum (check out fanatics for two contests that begin this week-- a PTTE contest, and the anti-bootee contest). Since these forums are readily available, if your post has nothing to do with spoiling the show, you should consider posting it in one of those two locations.

SB has traditionally been a community with minimal flaming and minimal policing by the moderators. The basic guideline should be to respect the members of the community and to try to spoil the show. If everyone strives for this, we'll have no problems at all in the coming season.

If anyone has any questions/comments about these guidelines, feel free to post to this thread... we're open to suggestions... this is just how it's worked in the past... Also, if you think I left anything out that our new members should be aware of, add it!!!

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 "EDIT" sleeeve 04-12-02 1
   RE: "EDIT" SurvivorBlows 04-12-02 2
 another minor typo Outfrontgirl 04-12-02 3
   BUMP sleeeve 04-12-02 6
       RE: BUMP CayoKanAttack 05-09-02 37
 RE: Spoiler Forum Guidelines TechNoir 04-12-02 4
 RE: Spoiler Forum Guidelines diamond 04-12-02 5
   RE: Spoiler Forum Guidelines SurvivorBlows 04-12-02 7
       RE: Spoiler Forum Guidelines George Tirebiter 04-13-02 8
           RE: Spoiler Forum Guidelines Outfrontgirl 04-14-02 9
           RE: Spoiler Forum Guidelines Kokoro 04-16-02 13
   RE: Spoiler Forum Guidelines Teddy_Bear 05-12-02 42
 Actually... IceCat 04-14-02 10
   RE: Actually... SurvivorBlows 04-16-02 11
       RE: Actually... shakes the clown 04-16-02 12
       OFG--I think we've been dissed! George Tirebiter 04-16-02 14
   Ignoring posts... sleeeve 04-20-02 16
       RE: Ignoring posts... Teddy_Bear 04-21-02 17
           RE: Ignoring posts... SurvivorBlows 04-22-02 20
   RE: Actually... Ra_8secs 08-24-02 54
   RE: Actually... MissSusan 10-10-02 68
 Bump dabo 04-20-02 15
   RE: Bump forehead 04-22-02 18
 RE: Spoiler Forum Guidelines Kokoro 04-22-02 19
 A Guide for New Posters: sleeeve 04-22-02 21
   New Posters, Please Read! SurvivaBear 04-26-02 22
 RE: Spoiler Forum Guidelines TechNoir 04-26-02 23
 RE: Spoiler Forum Guidelines MatineeIdol 04-26-02 24
   Hey MatineeIdol.... shakes the clown 04-26-02 25
       RE: Hey MatineeIdol.... George Tirebiter 04-27-02 26
       RE: Hey MatineeIdol.... MatineeIdol 04-29-02 29
 It looks like one of my TechNoir 04-28-02 27
 AyaK's Wisdom dabo 04-28-02 28
 RE: Spoiler Forum Guidelines SurvivaBear 04-30-02 30
 RE: Spoiler Forum Guidelines SurvivorBlows 05-02-02 31
   RE: Spoiler Forum Guidelines MissSusan 10-10-02 69
       RE: Spoiler Forum Guidelines dabo 10-11-02 71
 bump TechNoir 05-03-02 32
   RE: bump Bebo 05-03-02 33
 to bump, divine TechNoir 05-08-02 34
   RE: to bump, divine George Tirebiter 05-09-02 35
 RE: Spoiler Forum Guidelines lroy 05-09-02 36
 Bump Squarepants party of one 05-09-02 38
   Bump again Squarepants party of one 05-09-02 40
       RE: Bump again PepeLePew13 05-09-02 41
 Bump for kaycee bebekid 05-09-02 39
 A two-fer BUMP George Tirebiter 05-12-02 43
 RE: Spoiler Forum Guidelines mistofleas 05-14-02 44
   Bump for Sammy bebekid 05-15-02 45
       RE: Bump for Sammy dabo 05-15-02 46
 Almost Thursday TechNoir 05-15-02 47
   RE: Almost Thursday MC_Hampster 05-15-02 48
       RE: Almost Thursday SurvivorBlows 05-16-02 49
 Guidelines for Final Episode IceCat 05-16-02 50
   bump dabo 05-18-02 51
 What a pleasure TechNoir 08-22-02 52
   RE: Posting Rules smrtNsassybnkr 08-23-02 53
       RE: Posting Rules anotherkim 08-25-02 55
 Guidance is always welcome, right? TechNoir 09-04-02 56
 RE: Spoiler Forum Guidelines PepeLePew13 09-04-02 57
 Let's keep the threads tidy... PepeLePew13 09-17-02 58
   Calling TechNoir! dabo 09-17-02 59
       RE: Calling TechNoir! VerucaSalt 09-17-02 60
       Here I Am !!! TechNoir 09-18-02 61
 What the... lroy 09-19-02 62
 RE: Spoiler Forum Guidelines TechNoir 09-29-02 63
 RE: Spoiler Forum Guidelines TechNoir 10-02-02 64
 RE: Spoiler Forum Guidelines Jims02 10-02-02 65
 Bump... samiam 10-10-02 66
   RE: Bump... TechNoir 10-10-02 67
       RE: Bump... mistofleas 10-11-02 70
           RE: Bump... lroy 10-16-02 72
 RE: Spoiler Forum Guidelines TechNoir 10-16-02 73
 BUMP!!!!! SurvivaBear 10-18-02 74
 Tired of BUMPs Swami 10-18-02 75
   Grind dabo 10-22-02 76
 Same old, same old Bebo 10-30-02 77
 Bump for dobracura bebekid 11-15-02 78
 RE: Spoiler Forum Guidelines Red_Dobie 12-06-02 79
   RE: Spoiler Forum Guidelines Spidey 12-07-02 80
 RE: Spoiler Forum Guidelines TechNoir 01-15-03 81
   RE: Spoiler Forum Guidelines mistofleas 01-16-03 82
       RE: Spoiler Forum Guidelines TechNoir 01-16-03 83
           RE: Spoiler Forum Guidelines mistofleas 01-17-03 84
 BUMP for Survivor: Amazon PepeLePew13 02-20-03 85
 RE: Spoiler Forum Guidelines SurvivorBlows 02-27-03 86
 bump dabo 03-05-03 87
 Bump Bebo 03-14-03 88
 RE: Spoiler Forum Guidelines TechNoir 03-20-03 89
 Suggestion SurvivinDawg 03-20-03 90

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

sleeeve 3456 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

04-12-02, 01:39 AM (EST)
Click to EMail sleeeve Click to send private message to sleeeve Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. ""EDIT""
Okay... it's always bugged me that there's a few things that I forgot to go back and edit in, and I can't change the original post, so I might as well reply to this version.

Primarily, there's this incomplete sentence: "New threads that contain information about the show that are posted before ."

Yeah, yeah, yeah... so I forgot to e-mail the other blue men to see what our policy on this was gonna be for S4, and then posted w/o finishing the sentence... it should read:
"New threads that contain information about the show that are posted before midnight EST may be locked or deleted at the moderator's disgression"

The rest are all little minor typos, so... oops

You never know what might be up my sleeeve...

04-12-02, 03:03 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorBlows Click to send private message to SurvivorBlows Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: "EDIT""
Fixed (and bumped)

-sB

Outfrontgirl 6830 desperate attention whore postings

04-12-02, 04:12 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Outfrontgirl Click to send private message to Outfrontgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "another minor typo"
Not wishing to be the typo nazi (have many typos in my past) but I can't resist pointing out, not at all trying to embarrass our sleeeve:
"at the moderator's disgression"

Like a digression and diss combined?

*tiptoes out, saying 'thank you very much; the rules are very important and it's good they were bumped at the mods' discretion'*

04-12-02, 05:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sleeeve Click to send private message to sleeeve Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "BUMP"
>Like a digression and diss combined?

Yes... umm... that's clearly what I meant

CayoKanAttack 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

05-09-02, 12:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CayoKanAttack Click to send private message to CayoKanAttack Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
37. "RE: BUMP"
>>Like a digression and diss combined?
>

Actually, I think the original attempt was a stab at "discretion", but no reason to split hairs, right?

TechNoir 9741 desperate attention whore postings

04-12-02, 02:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TechNoir Click to send private message to TechNoir Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Spoiler Forum Guidelines"
At least bump gives me a daw on the side of the angels.

60 Pixel Series, No. 2

diamond 2307 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

04-12-02, 02:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail diamond Click to send private message to diamond Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Spoiler Forum Guidelines"
Webby -

I don't know if this has ever been discussed before (I don't recall seeing anything, although maybe the Blue Men have discussed it amongst yourselves), but I wonder if it might be useful to put a condensed version of the guidelines at the top of the Spoilers forum, kind of like the "disclaimer" that you put up in Bashers. It would be a lot harder for people to ignore if it was up there, rather than in a thread.

04-12-02, 07:15 PM (EST)
7. "RE: Spoiler Forum Guidelines"
I had the same thought last evening, but they tend to make ongoing administration of the boards that much more difficult. We'll see.

-SB

George Tirebiter 2982 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

04-13-02, 11:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail George%20Tirebiter Click to send private message to George%20Tirebiter Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Spoiler Forum Guidelines"
A huge <BUMP> in honor of our missing li'l skierdude, because this has already fallen to page 2--largely thanks to the already-huge number of irritating threads started up since this was posted!

I also wanted to ask if there couldn't be a permanent outline of this stuff at the top of each page--but I figured if I jumped right in here at post #1 to piss and moan, I might be dismissed as the Resident Whiner. . . Now that someone else has been kind enough to bring it up for me, I am adding my hearty "second!"

I just can't conceive of coming in as a new registrant and starting ANY threads without first taking the time to scope out the place and figure out the protocol--yet that is exactly what keeps happening. . . and these people aren't just starting ONE thread, their names are popping up ad nauseum at the top of the page! Especially irksome when it's to post extra graphics "just until Bungler can get his up" or some such drivel.

Bottom line is that things here need to be about something specific (and usually something that can be cited as a reference,) there are many regular "features" that certain people have accepted responsibility for and it's rude to try to usurp them, and if anyone wants to ramble about contestants, pat themselves on the back, or post countless meanderings just to see their name on a website, Fanatics or OT is the place to go. You want to tear your hair out, hurl insults, and get silly with it, come to Bashers! (We've had many great additions to our ranks there this year, and will ALWAYS make room for more acerbic wit!) Before posting a new thread on Spoilers, EVERYONE would do well to read through everything that's already here, to make sure they have something NEW to add--or that there isn't somewhere else it would make more sense to ADD to a discussion already in progress. It's nice to say "Please lock this if it's already been said," but not as an excuse for not making an effort to find out in the first place. . . REPLYING to existing threads helps keep things organized; POSTING every thought that pops into your head is just plain contrary to the intent of this forum--and anyone who insists on flaunting that is just begging for a scorching. . .

SB's Spoilers forum had a righteous reputation in the early days for being a taut ship--a place where anyone could come and skim through to get a concise view of what's what each week, with a minimum of time-wasting jabber--and I don't think it's a BAD thing to be a bit anal about it. The result, when it's done right, is that the crazy-brainy-obsessive people have a tidy place to pile up the evidence so that it's not necessary for everyone else to spend hours and hours gleaning through it to make sense! Sad fact is that many of our best Spoilers have become too discouraged by the free-for-all, and have moved elsewhere. . .

When sleeeve first tried to lay down some ground rules this season, I think the reply that said it the best was OFG's. Unfortunately, some of us are quick to get on the soapbox to try to make everyone see reason (I LIKE having rules, and don't understand why they would be so hard to live by!). . . but thankfully, we have considerably more tactful people like OFG, to smooth things over again.

Bottom line, I guess, is that SB has a place for everybody--and if it's DAWs you're after, Spoilers is NOT the place for it. A modicum of common sense will make you a most welcome addition to our ranks, trust me.

GT

Nothing is as terrible to see as ignorance in action. -Goethe 

Outfrontgirl 6830 desperate attention whore postings

04-14-02, 03:57 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Outfrontgirl Click to send private message to Outfrontgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Spoiler Forum Guidelines"
GT--
thanks for the plug for my post.
I'll try to say this more briefly this time:

Because so many threads are going, I have simply not had time or inclination to read them all. Now I am among the ones who replies according to what I think, and doesn't read everything in the forum to make sure no one else said it, because I can't and won't read everything. It's too much.

All I do now is look at the Vidcap, preview, interview, SOTS and vote threads, for the most part, although a known spoiler's name on a spec thread will get my attention. I have almost given up posting recently.

I'm not criticizing anyone in particular; it's just that the overall profusion of threads feels chaotic to me and I'm too busy to deal. I too look back at S2 as the Golden Age. Ah, nostalgia.

I should explain that I'm one of those poor dial-up people still struggling along in a DSL world, so threads load slowly. I can read/skim quickly, but the loading takes a long time. I need to have an inkling the thread is important reading before I click.

Kokoro 3899 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

04-16-02, 01:54 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Kokoro Click to send private message to Kokoro Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Spoiler Forum Guidelines"
<<I also wanted to ask if there couldn't be a permanent outline of this stuff at the top of each page--but I figured if I jumped right in here at post #1 to piss and moan, I might be dismissed as the Resident Whiner. . . Now that someone else has been kind enough to bring it up for me, I am adding my hearty "second!">>

While this is a good idea, I just have to ask something: keep it brief - Anyone ever seen the PlanetSucks FAQ (or was that only for SS)? Ugh. And hearing RTFFAQ being applied (among other things) to any new poster was just wrong IMO. I'm not saying we're going there (the situation and the people are much different ;) - but elitism was one of the contributing factors to the death of the original Survivor boards and all others should heed that as a warning. Okay that's all, thanks. ^_~

----------------------------------------
Now let us never speak of S3 again.

Don't worry y'all, Gina and Bob will be back just in time for the final 3.

Stop Discrimination Now

Teddy_Bear 1675 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

05-12-02, 02:49 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Teddy_Bear Click to send private message to Teddy_Bear Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
42. "RE: Spoiler Forum Guidelines"
I'm bumping this because I'm frustrated by the explosion of locked and duplicate threads.

B U M P !!!

The Cream rises to the top. So does the scum.
|
Light a Virtual Candle
Eleanor Roosevelt: No one can make YOU feel inferior without YOUR consent!

IceCat 17415 desperate attention whore postings

04-14-02, 08:14 AM (EST)
Click to EMail IceCat Click to send private message to IceCat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "Actually..."
LAST EDITED ON 04-14-02 AT 08:15 AM (EST)

... at the risk of being the one to point out the 'rose colored glasses', it was not uncommon in S2 to see 10 or 15 new threads created per day. In S4, we have sometimes seen less than 15 new threads per week.

If we were to shut down every thread that was started by a new person we wouldn't attract very many new members. If we were to limit the discussion to only a few threads, then those threads would become overly long and would take for ever to load.

I think what people are noticing is that there is very little hard evidence to work with this year. We rarely receive vid caps of challenges and what little evidence is contained within those vid caps is usually contradictory. I don't post on spoilers anymore because the only spoiling I do involves vid caps.

Without the hard evidence provided by vid caps (or photos of of contestants huddled in kitchens, etc) all spoilers boards are left with the less focused practice of speculation.

In a more speculative environment, there will be a wider range of ideas and there will be a more lax set of criteria for judging whether a post or a thread merits staying on the board or not.

Ultimately the best way to handle this less focused environment is let threads that are not obviously duplications of threads live or die on the basis of their ideas. If the idea is compelling it will attract posts. If people are not impressed, the thread will rocket off the front page in short order.

If spoilers are left to mere speculation, then there will more avenues for discussion than if there were specific examples of hard evidence to direct the conversation.

The apparent disparity between S4 and rose-hued glory days of S2 has more to do with what CBS puts in its previews and less to do with the spoiler boards themselves. If MB would be kind enough to put a little 'meat' into one of his previews, I'd be happy to start a thread chock full of graphics with 'twenty seven eight-by-ten colour glossy pictures with circles and arrows and a paragraph on the back of each one'.

Until then we speculate...

OUTSPOIL! OUTSPOOF! OUTRAGEOUS!

04-16-02, 01:41 AM (EST)
11. "RE: Actually..."
...ya, what he said

(seriously, all the mods are much more eloquent than I am, myself, I'd probably have babbled on about selective memory, walking ten miles barefoot through the snow to the bus stop when I was a kid, letting gravity work, mention how cream rises to the top, etc.)

Poor SuperIce... MB has taken his vidcap superpowers away this season

-SB

PS Bump.

shakes the clown 3366 desperate attention whore postings

04-16-02, 01:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail shakes%20the%20clown Click to send private message to shakes%20the%20clown Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Actually..."
>Poor SuperIce... MB has taken his
>vidcap superpowers away this season
>

...now I don't want anyone to get toooo excited and maybe I was just halucinating, but I swear I saw an IceCat post in spoilers earlier today complete with vidcap analysis that had little arrows drawn on it, blown up views of different aspects of the photo, and speculation based on the most minute of minute grainy details..

I swear I got so confused I started having flashbacks to S2 and almost went to Spoiler Island to vote for Amber to win the maze challenge unless someone cheated and removed their carabiner.

04-16-02, 02:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail George%20Tirebiter Click to send private message to George%20Tirebiter Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "OFG--I think we've been dissed!"
LMAO@the Swiss-cheese memory. . . Yes, dear Webby, I'm aware that I may have blocked out some of the more unpleasant things. . . But you have to admit that the dictator and the clown made a kick-ass team--and I MISS those football plays by IC; no one could obsess over those grainy pix like he could. *sigh* There are a lot worse things to have a reputation for!

GT

Nothing is as terrible to see as ignorance in action. -Goethe 

04-20-02, 03:49 AM (EST)
16. "Ignoring posts..."
I just wanted to make one more comment on this matter...

There are often speculative posts that I do not agree with... there have been for every season...

BUT... I believe in Ice's comment about allowing them to live and die by their validity.

For example, we had one post today that nearly 20 people responded to... all of those responses were to say something to the effect of "this theory does not deserve a thread".

Well... those people may not have agreed with the theory, but if they had simply ignored it, at the time of this post, it would have already dropped to page 2 (I checked).

Instead, the thread is still in the top half of page one.

While you have the right to believe anything you want, please allow others to speculate, as well... if you don't agree, and have nothing constructive to add, ignoring the post will do a lot more damage to the theory than continuing to bump it back up above all of the other valid theories.

Exceptions to this are:

1) People intentionally bumping their own post, with no additional information... this is usually innappropriate, and the moderators may choose to lock these threads.

2) Obvious duplicates of other threads will also probably be locked.

Teddy_Bear 1675 desperate attention whore postings

04-21-02, 04:09 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Teddy_Bear Click to send private message to Teddy_Bear Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Ignoring posts..."
LAST EDITED ON 04-21-02 AT 04:58 AM (EST)

I just want to say that I agree with you and IceCat.

I am also very happy that spoiling, guidelines have, finally, been posted, as well.

I'm also glad that honest and well-intentioned posters, are treated fairly, civillily and are no longer flamed for making the odd, occaisonal and innocous mistake .

However, I am very disturbed by that recent thread--now locked, forever, I hope; which you are referring to.

Although, I would not consider myself to be one of the self-described, "anal" posters in this forum;

I--and I'm sure that I'm not alone in this--am extremely upset to find out that the-poster-in-question, has been able to play us, and get away with it for as long as he did.

I know that there is no way that SB can distinguish between genuine attempts at spoiling and speculation, vs. deliberate hoaxes;

however, in one of the locked threads to which you are referring; a poster, George Tirebiter, quoted evidence from annother spoiler website: Surviiivor.com.

She quoted numerous posters on that forum as strongly objecting to these redundant theads; as well, she alluded to the fact
that--the now exposed charlatan--has perpertrated this nonsense on many other boards as well.

Maybe I'm being unrealistic here, but there MUST be a way to track liars with multple IDs, who have infected other forums,
with their depicable, evil-intentioned assaults.

I am referring to them as "assaults," because, I think that anyone, who would INTENTIONALLY mess with other people's minds, like this; is a "forum cancer," who is guilty of committing crimes against the spoiling communities.

While I agree with you that any one should be able to post well-reasoned spoilers and speculation (without being required to have obtained a Phd. in Spoiling), and anyone who objects, should ignore them;

if it weren't for posters like G.T. and Tech Noir, who exposed this clown (appologies to Shakes ), he would still be on this board.

This may seem like a far-out idea; I'm seriously, wondering if S.B. and other Reality TV Forums could somehow compare notes,
and set up, something like a, DELIBERATE HOAXES, SCAMS And LIES Registry.

When I read his last, mercifully, locked thread;
I was outraged !

This person is SURPRISE! ! !--lying to us again; by claiming to be Brandon and knowing, John:

In an RNO (Reality News Online) interview, "Survivor: Africa--An Interview with Brandon," by Charlie Reneke; he asks Brandon about lurking on Survivor Message Boards:

Q: I heard that you and Kelly(G.) frequent the spoiler boards around the internet. Without naming your user name, can you tell us what message boards you frequent?

A: Honestly I used to "lurk" a lot on all the boards. EZ (SurvivivorSucks - ed.) especially but I don't have to now. They have new people to rip. I'm pretty sure they've forgotten about me

. . . and I (Brandon, Caps' are mine) NEVER Had ANY USER NAMES.

Although I'm glad John was booted; he has way too much integrity, IMHO, to even speak to someone with such questionable ethics.

04-22-02, 06:25 PM (EST)
20. "RE: Ignoring posts..."
LAST EDITED ON 04-22-02 AT 06:28 PM (EST)

>I am also very happy that
>spoiling, guidelines have, finally, been
>posted, as well.

Um Teddy, they were posted in FEBRUARY... this was just a re-posting (there's a link to the original posting in my re-posting.)

>I'm also glad that honest and
>well-intentioned posters, are treated fairly,
>civillily and are no longer flamed for making the odd,
>occaisonal and innocous mistake

Um, where does it say that?

>I--and I'm sure that I'm not
>alone in this--am extremely upset
>to find out that the-poster-in-question,
>has been able to play us, and get away with
>it for as long as he did.

The poster didn't "get away" with anything that folks didn't allow him to get away with. Frankly, if folks want to be foolish enough to continiously keep replying to a theory that would have otherwise sunk like a stone, then maybe seeing how ultimately foolish the thing was is what it will take for folks to finally learn their lesson. If folks had just not kept replying to the post and letting the poster get under their skin, then nothing would have happened.

>however, in one of the locked threads to which you are
>referring; a poster, George Tirebiter,
>quoted evidence from annother spoiler website: Surviiivor.com.
>
>She quoted numerous posters on that forum as strongly objecting to
>these redundant theads; as well, she alluded to the fact
>that--the now exposed charlatan--has perpertrated this
>nonsense on many other boards as well.

Um, and that makes it a HOAX?!?!? Look around, probably 50% of the posters here post the same theories on 2-3 other forums -- does that mean they are all hoaxes as well?

All GT's postings proved was that poster's on other forums reacted just as foolishly to this user. ...and frankly, no matter how strongly you might disagree with another poster's theory, encouraging your fellow posters to threaten the other poster with physical bodily harm is NOT an acceptable reaction.

>if it weren't for posters like G.T. and Tech Noir, who
>exposed this clown (appologies to
>Shakes ), he would still be on this board.

Actually, let's be clear -- the user WAS NOT banned due to any quotes of other users bitching on other forums. I could care less what the users of other forums thought about this user. The user was banned for two reasons -- 1) posting an EXPOSED hoax (something that zero evidence of was provided through the quotes from other sites), 2) abuse of multiple ID's.

The "see, folks on other sites also think this theory is a joke" evidence had nothing to do with his banishment.

>This may seem like a far-out idea; I'm seriously, wondering if
>S.B. and other Reality TV Forums could somehow compare notes,
>and set up, something like a, DELIBERATE HOAXES, SCAMS And LIES
>Registry.

It's not going to happen. Unfortunately, while SB.com has (as far as I know) neutral relations with all the other major sites oout there, there generally are too many fevered rivalries or, in maybe even a few cases, open hostilities between the different Survivor communities.

Personally while it's a nice idea, I don't think there's a real need for it, most hoaxes and scams are pretty obvious, and those that aren't eventually expose themselves, and the hoaxes only work if the other users let them work.

>I was outraged !

>This person is SURPRISE! ! !--lying to us again;
>by claiming to be Brandon and knowing, John:

Geez, if you really believe EVERYONE online is really who they say they are, you really need to work on your gullibility. I think we've had about 6 different folks claiming to be Brandon on SB.com alone.

Btw, Brandon can make all the claims he wants about not having ID's, but on these boards alone, I know that's not true for at least one of his fellow S3 castmates that he is VERY close with.

The bottom line is you have to be a bit more critical on these or any boards -- don't blindly believe things at first glance. If you wouldn't believe something said from a stranger walking down the street, there's no reason to be anymore trusting of something posted by a new poster on a message board. Do you stop the person walking in the street, start debating with him and chasing him down the street to continue agruing your point?? No, you blow him off and keep walking.

Remember, the (pseudo-)anonyminity of the Internet can be it's greatest strength, but it can also be it's greatest pitfall.

-SB

Ra_8secs 1081 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

08-24-02, 06:21 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Ra_8secs Click to send private message to Ra_8secs Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
54. "RE: Actually..."
Well laid out, IceCat.

MB is getting smarter about controlling the information regarding the show.

So, we here at S'blows shall have to "Get out the shovels and rakes and other implements of destruction {and reconstruction, induction, deduction, introspection and delection}" to dig for the gold.

-- Ra, Spinning in geo/helio eccentric orbit

MissSusan 18 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

10-10-02, 12:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MissSusan Click to send private message to MissSusan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
68. "RE: Actually..."
Thanks for defending those of us who are new. (at least I think that's what you were doing.) I visited this site last year, and made the mistake of the virgins by posting a speculation, not an actual thread and was flamed beyond all recognition. It took a year of plastic surgery and therapy for me to come back. I hope that the more frequent of posters can have a little sympathy for us virgins. Also, you are right you won't get new members if you keep bashing those of us who made a simple mistake.

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings

04-20-02, 02:07 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "Bump"
LAST EDITED ON 04-20-02 AT 01:23 PM (EST)

Coz this was all the way on page 3 when it was obviously needed on page 1.

My own addition to the suggestions at this time: Theories which say anyone can go this week are essentially useless except in that they prove their own uselessness. Too bad Peter Sellers is dead, his version of that observation would have been priceless.

forehead 932 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

04-22-02, 05:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail forehead Click to send private message to forehead Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Bump"
Bump encore

Kokoro 3899 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

04-22-02, 05:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Kokoro Click to send private message to Kokoro Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Spoiler Forum Guidelines"
I don't want to seem b*tchy here, but why are there so many final 4 thresds popping up this week?

I mean, if you have to throw out predictions and spec - wouldn't it be better to keep it to one big thresd instead of 10 little ones with 2-5 replies each?

----------------------------------------
Now let us never speak of S3 again.

Don't worry y'all, Gina and Bob will be back just in time for the final 3.

Stop Discrimination Now

04-22-02, 09:02 PM (EST)
21. "A Guide for New Posters:"
Before you read this, I thought I should explain briefly the context that this was stolen from... During S2, the board had only one moderator, SurvivorBlows. At that time, the majority of the policing of the board was done by a combination of AyaK (who went by AyatollahKhomeini at the time) and shakes the clown. Since I consider this to be the absolute best guide for new posters ever written, I am copying the post here, as a reference. However, I would like to remind everyone that with the addition of three moderators to the board, we also added a zero tolerance policy... people that are caught flaming other board members are subject to immediate dismissal from the board at the sole discretion of Webby (aka SurvivorBlows), so I would recommend that you read and mentally substitute "lock" everywhere you see "flame"...

After taking a moment to read this, you should have a good idea of what it takes to fit in with this community, and for all of the veterans, it's a good reminder, because these are virtually identical to the guidelines that the moderators use to determine when a thread deserves to be locked.

Here's shakes the clown's post on his philosophy of flaming, from Survivor 2:

============================================

Now, I thought I would explain a little bit on my philosophy of who gets flamed and what constitutes flamable material...you had to figure a message board psychopath such as myself would actually have a philosophy on the subject

As far as the matter of Newbies, here goes.....

As has been stated several times on this thread, Newbies get flamed for a couple of reasons. First of all, there is the sin of posting a thread about a topic that has already been discussed in great length. Now, we all know that the danger of this is that we end up having multiple threads dedicated to the same subject which has two effects...first, it pushes other important threads off to the rarely seen second page where they are easily forgotten and thus we lose valuable ideas mid-stream. Second, by spreading out a subject onto more than one thread we end up with several disjointed arguments that are tough to follow and rarely get completed.

So, I think we will all agree that multiple threads is a big problem.

Now, there are two ways a Newbie will post in one of these situations, here is the worse of the two:

Title: HUGE SPOILER!!! CHECK THIS OUT

Text: Hi, this is my first post but I've been lurking for quite some time. Check out this huge spoiler about a glitch in the cbs.website I don't know if this means that X and Y are in the final two, but I sure hope not cause I really love V and want her to win.

Any thoughts???

Now, just for a second let's examine what this Newbie's motivation is.......they've been lurking for months, so what is so great about this topic that they feel the need to rush in an make a <HUGE SPOILER> post..are they that concerned about the SB community and their ability to spoil Survivor that they felt the need to deliver the good news right away for the good of the board. I don't think so. This type of Newbie post is for one reason and one reason only, so the Newbie can make a "big splash" on the board and be hailed by all as a Great spoiler who found an amazing bit of evidence and saved the day for all...these Newbies could care less about spoiling, all they want is credit for finding something.....they never offer up any analysis on existing evidence, no no no, that would actually take time effort and some intelligence.

Even if they weren't flamed, the only times they would ever post would be when they could deliver the big news, without concern for the fact that we already have heard the news from many sources before they showed up.

Contrast that with several of the other Newbies who have showed up recently, such as Ice Cat, Pepe, Krautboy and a handful of others... these people made their early posts under existing threads and started from day one with analysis...they never felt the need to make a huge splash on the board, and through a short string of consistent, well thought out posts, they have already been accepted along the same lines as any of the veterans...its not about the # of posts you have, its about the amount of thought you put into your posts...it doesn't take many posts to see who's got it, and who doesn't.

So, I don't mind flaming this type of Newbie at all cause for one, they could care less about what we do here and two, in the long run they have nothing to offer to this board.

That's one of the great things about this board, we are all interested in the same thing, and that is ruining this god-awful show.....no one here cares about being the person who found the big spoiler...don't get me wrong, we all try to give credit where credit is due, but in the big picture, that "Credit" is not what motivates us...and that is the BIG distinction b/w legitimate posters and posers. Note from sleeeve: This is clearly why shakes is so humble about his contributions to the board

Those types of Newbies are subect to the hottest of flames,and rightly so b/c they do the most damage.

The second type of Newbie post in this grouping is the post where a Newbie will post a theory that is already being discussed in a similar thread. This Newbie is not as bad as the first kind b/c he is not solely here to provide the big spoiler, but he is guilty of vanity in that he tried to make a big splash with his "original" theory...even though we already know the theory backwards and forwards.

A stern lecture is in order regarding the need to read through threads before posting identitcal theories and the danger of multiple threads. Hopefully this will be enough to get the Newbie to give up his vain pursuit and realize that if you have something intelligent and interesting to say, you will get noticed no matter where you post it.

The last group of Newbies is by far the least dangerous:

This Newbie posts theories or gives opinions w/o taking the time to back up those opinion with a logical reason. This flame is not as hot, but a small amount of Newbie hazing usually results in the person coming back with supportive evidence to back up their claims, or they go running to the hills which is perfectly fine b/c who needs someone who can't take even a small amount of criticism.

SurvivaBear 2634 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

04-26-02, 05:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivaBear Click to send private message to SurvivaBear Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "New Posters, Please Read!"
Bump! I truly hope we get at least a link to this thresd in the header bcause I have learned much reading it. Shakes, I am humbled by my Newbie 3 and, at times, Newbie 2 behavior. This post truly clarifies our common purpose.

Beware the Bear!

Thanks IceCat!

04-26-02, 05:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TechNoir Click to send private message to TechNoir Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: Spoiler Forum Guidelines"
bump

MatineeIdol 104 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

04-26-02, 06:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MatineeIdol Click to send private message to MatineeIdol Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: Spoiler Forum Guidelines"
If I may make a comment from a "newer" poster:

First off all the word you are looking for is "discretion"

Second, while I respect GT and his usually very to-the-point and valid posts, he himself started a thread on this spoilers board about Zoe being a dimwit - neither valid as a spoiler or speculation.

Third, while I may be a newer poster, I have read this board and many other Survivor boards from almost Day 1 of S1. As a matter of fact it is an almost obsessive habit I indulge in several times a day while Survivor is running. I may not be a long-time poster with an impressive number near my name, but that doesn't mean that I am not aware of the different posts, how the boards work, etc. I am saying this because I have noticed the very disturbing and UGLY trend around here of flaming anyone who says something remotely off-topic or irrelevant because they are a newer poster. I understand that it must be frustrating for experienced and serious posters to deal with people who either make no sense or have nothing valid to contribute, but instead of flaming this person and telling them how stupid they are, why don't you just ignore the post completely and have one of the official MODERATORS of this board send them a PRIVATE e-mail advising them where their posts may be better received. As it now stands, I can completely see why NO NEW PERSON would ever want to attempt to post anything on this board because they fear either being humiliated or blackballed. There is simply no excuse for treating people like that.

If there were a seperate board for Speculation I could also understand wanting to be rid of posters who just want to present their theories, but since there isn't, most people like myself who just want to voice an opinion don't really have anywhere to do it that fits - I am not wanting to go RAH RAH RAH on the fanatic board or BOO HISS on the bashers board.

Now I have added my $.02 Feel free to flame away - I'm a big girl and I can take it...

shakes the clown 3366 desperate attention whore postings

04-26-02, 07:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail shakes%20the%20clown Click to send private message to shakes%20the%20clown Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "Hey MatineeIdol...."
....please read Post #21 in this thresd, all your questions are answered there.

And one more thing, GT is a woman, and she'll probably be here momentarily to tell you that as well as a few more things as well....I wouldn't want to be in your shoes right about now ;)

As for GT's post about Zzzzzz, it did have spoiler value to it in that she pointed out that there was NOTHING of spoiler value in ZZzzzzzz's Early Show appearance. That in itself is of spoiler value because it helps us check off that appearance as a place to look for clues. Plus, there was the Sean comment that was touched upon in the thresd....would that comment be discused on the board if GT didn't start the thresd? I doubt it.

Also, we have an Early Show thresd every week on Friday so consider it about the same as Soop posting the vote thresd in that the initial post in itself may be low in spoiler value but it is an important part of the weekly maintenance of the site.

04-27-02, 02:36 AM (EST)
26. "RE: Hey MatineeIdol...."
Maybe I'm just all used up, after this Zoe farce--or maybe I'm just off-kilter because you've been such an unnaturally sweet Clown lately--but I think your chide will suffice.

I must say, I don't know if you or Dawg has been more unnerving, this season. . . Perhaps you both got switched to the right meds? Or maybe (now THIS would be bad. . .) we're all just suffering from some highly-contagious Rotu-Love-Tribe Fever around here. Certainly such an orgy of warm fuzzies would be detrimental to staying ever-vigilant on the Spoiling Front.

As for all you people who keep taking offense at the normally-rigorous standards some try to maintain here--trust me, this has never been a "kinder, gentler" (ack spit!) forum than it has this year. . . Before you raise your hackles, you might consider that there's been a system develop here because that's what WORKS. Try it, you may LIKE it!

GT

Sarcasm is just one more service we offer here.

MatineeIdol 104 desperate attention whore postings

04-29-02, 01:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MatineeIdol Click to send private message to MatineeIdol Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "RE: Hey MatineeIdol...."
Thank you for the suggestion, but I DID read everything in this thread. My comment was in relation to everything in this thread posted prior to mine. I am simply stating an opinion.

I am sorry to GT for assuming she was a male. With a name like George I am inclined to think of the male persuasion.

04-28-02, 02:53 AM (EST)
27. "It looks like one of my"
self-imposed missions is to keep bumping this thing.

I'm really trying very hard to keep from sniping from
the two really obvious retread "newbies" who keep
starting really stupid, non-spoiler threads. I know
they have been directed to these guidelines many times
and I also know they have been routinely ignored. In
fact they keep telling us how WE should behave.

Heh, I'm getting more and more irritated. Oh well, I
guess when I start flaming 'em, Webby will just have to
spank me. ;)

60 Pixel Series, No. 2

04-28-02, 03:00 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "AyaK's Wisdom"
LAST EDITED ON 04-28-02 AT 03:02 AM (EST)

The following words from AyaK (edited slightly for the context of this thresd) appeared on another board some time back in regard to a particular problem which arose. Not to rehash that particular problem, but let's just say that in the world of cyber there are a multitude of people with different worldviews, conflicts in comprehension are bound to arise. Anyway, here is (edited slightly) what AyaK had to say:

An open letter to {poster}, speaking as a moderator ...

It wasn't {hatred} that you ran into here at SBlows. Instead, a lot of us simply lost patience with your posts. Frankly, we thought a few gentle hints about the difference between bashing and spoiling (and what should go where) would suffice. But they didn't. When the gentle hints didn't work, we took more forceful action, including locking your threads. Yes, it was specifically directed at you -- but it had nothing to do with {you personally}. Instead, it was designed to force you to learn the difference between a spoiler post and a basher post.

We have worked hard to make this an easy-to-use site for casual spoilers who don't want to have to wade through all of the nonsense that sometimes can be found on other boards, and we want to keep it that way. As the old saying goes, if you aren't part of the solution, you're part of the problem. Frankly, we'd love you have you here, but only if you're part of the solution.

(If any permanent Guidelines link is ever created, those words or some variation on them should definitely be included. Thanks, AyaK, as always, for being a true source of strength and wisdom.)

SMILES ARE FREE

04-30-02, 06:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivaBear Click to send private message to SurvivaBear Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
30. "RE: Spoiler Forum Guidelines"
I simply wnated to BUMP this thresd to the top again, as I think others need reminding. (and I want a free DAW)

Beware the Bear!

Thanks IceCat!

05-02-02, 01:47 PM (EST)
31. "RE: Spoiler Forum Guidelines"
Just bumping because it's a Thursday

MissSusan 18 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

10-10-02, 12:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MissSusan Click to send private message to MissSusan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
69. "RE: Spoiler Forum Guidelines"
Ok, i'm new. What the hell is bumping??

10-11-02, 10:32 PM (EST)
71. "RE: Spoiler Forum Guidelines"
Hi, MissSusan, welcome to the wonderful hectic oft-times confusing world of Blows posting! Don't let a shakey start dissuade you from contributing your thoughts on things.

"Bumping" is making a post on a thread in order simply to get it back to the top of page one of the forum. This thread gets "bumped" routinely. There is a Help Forum also where a bunch of stuff like this is explained.

So, we've now lost Diane (John), Jessie (Tanya), Carl (Jed) and Linda (Ghandia), any ideas about which of the remaining 12 is Silas?

05-03-02, 12:33 PM (EST)
32. "bump"
I do so want to put all newcomers in one of those head harnesses that Alex was placed in in A Clockwork Orange and force them to read before they write. It seems like such a simple thing ....

I guess there are lots of folks whose parents told them they were cute, and they believed it. Too bad.

60 Pixel Series, No. 2

"Sweetie, if you're not living on the edge, then you're taking up space..." Flo Kennedy

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings

05-03-02, 12:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
33. "RE: bump"
You beat me to it. I was looking for these again...

fluent in Sarcastic, Blahblah, and Mockery

'Canes Rock! Beat Canada!

05-08-02, 08:57 PM (EST)
34. "to bump, divine"
I keep having these petit obsessions when I am compelled to bump this. Do you think there is a 12 step program?

60 Pixel Series, No. 2

"Sweetie, if you're not living on the edge, then you're taking up space..." Flo Kennedy

05-09-02, 08:40 AM (EST)
35. "RE: to bump, divine"
>Do you think there is a 12 step program?
First, you have to get them to admit they have a problem. . .

GT

Make it idiotproof and someone will make a better idiot.

lroy 536 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

05-09-02, 11:46 AM (EST)
Click to EMail lroy Click to send private message to lroy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
36. "RE: Spoiler Forum Guidelines"
BUMP, so i don't wast my precious work time (haha) reading crap.

Squarepants party of one 62 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

05-09-02, 02:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Squarepants%20party%20of%20one Click to send private message to Squarepants%20party%20of%20one Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
38. "Bump"
The freaks come out on Thursday afternoon. I think they all need to read this.

Good post Sleeeve.

Long live Sponge Bob

Squarepants party of one 62 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

05-09-02, 05:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Squarepants%20party%20of%20one Click to send private message to Squarepants%20party%20of%20one Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
40. "Bump again"
It's been a very busy day and this thread has sliped to number 16. We can't have this gem of a thread behind three locked threads. So here I go...BUMP!

Long live Sponge Bob

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings

05-09-02, 07:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
41. "RE: Bump again"
Yet another bump right before the show begins...

... and to remind everyone (i.e. certain persons earlier today) to check and be sure of your facts before flaming someone.

GO HABS!
"I'm the General and that's that."
Robert DeCanio, April 11/02

bebekid 1621 desperate attention whore postings

05-09-02, 02:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bebekid Click to send private message to bebekid Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
39. "Bump for kaycee"
Squarepants and I must think alike!

bebe

05-12-02, 01:41 PM (EST)
43. "A two-fer BUMP"
The number of highly questionable threads being started by the uninitiated leads me to believe this topic can never be bumped too often. . . and because I loved TechNoir's Simplified version so much, I don't think it's overkill to pimp that here, as well:

Read
Read more
Think
Think again
Post if no one else has

PLEEEEZE, people--can't you figure out how to lump all that lame speculative crap into ONE thread? (Not that it has a real place here, but at least the real spoiler topics won't get pushed off the page!)

GT

Predestination was doomed from the beginning.

mistofleas 8043 desperate attention whore postings

05-14-02, 04:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mistofleas Click to send private message to mistofleas Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
44. "RE: Spoiler Forum Guidelines"
Bump
These had fallen to page 2. *gasp* Just putting 'em back where they belong.

mistofleas --making the world a little more itchy

05-15-02, 02:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bebekid Click to send private message to bebekid Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
45. "Bump for Sammy"
I'm sure I speak for (almost) everyone when I say we appreciate "newbies" input. But PLEASE read and follow the spoiler forum guidelines!

bebe

05-15-02, 02:39 PM (EST)
46. "RE: Bump for Sammy"
Hi, Bebe! TY!
This is off-subject, but the thread is at the top of the page anyway, so I'd like to take this opportunity to say that "Bebe's Kids" is a worthwhile animated film everyone can enjoy. Love that you selected that poster id, bebekid.

On subject: Word about editing posts. Okay, sometimes it is a good idea to clean up a post, but if you have a post that you decide was a mistake (in the wrong forum, on the wrong thread, whyever) the simplest solution is simply to edit it to say: "nm, posted by mistake." If you want it deleted you can also edit it to simply ask that one of the mods delete the post, in time it will be taken care of.

05-15-02, 08:47 PM (EST)
47. "Almost Thursday"
and the folks who need this are beginning to emerge. Of course they already know but I've gotta try. I'm not sure why though. I'm even beginning to annoy myself.

60 Pixel Series, No. 2

MC_Hampster 105 desperate attention whore postings

05-15-02, 08:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MC_Hampster Click to send private message to MC_Hampster Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
48. "RE: Almost Thursday"
I've been wondering if the message board code can be modified to block those with less than X number of posts to start a new thread

I'm still short of 100 posts and I don't think I've ever started a thread. Well, maybe one

-MC

05-16-02, 01:59 PM (EST)
49. "RE: Almost Thursday"
Might as well bump this while I'm bumping

IceCat 17415 desperate attention whore postings

05-16-02, 11:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail IceCat Click to send private message to IceCat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
50. "Guidelines for Final Episode"
We are trying something different for the last episode because there is such a short time until the finale. There is an Official Discussion thread for each of the contestants. There is an Official Boot Order Prediction thread. There is an Official Immunity Prediction thread. There is also Bungler's vid cap thread. We are going to try and focus discussion onto these threads alone.

Links to these threads are located in the Final episode SOTS thread which is also already posted. The SOTS thread will be developed by all of us we notice patterns that are occuring in the other threads and as spoilers are dicovered.

We hope that this structured methodology will help us get around the time crunch issue.

OUTSPOIL! OUTSPOOF! OUTRAGEOUS!

05-18-02, 02:38 AM (EST)
51. "bump"
Just bumping this up from the bottom of the page so folks who arrive over the weekend can find it quickly and understand what's going on. See IceCat's post previous to this.

08-22-02, 05:28 PM (EST)
52. "What a pleasure"
it is to personally bump these yet again. I dream of .... nay live for ... the opportunity. This one is for you Heresy ... and what a great name you have.

Well I think they're pretty good, anyway.

smrtNsassybnkr 332 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

08-23-02, 04:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail smrtNsassybnkr Click to send private message to smrtNsassybnkr Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
53. "RE: Posting Rules"
I am a new poster...in fact, I had never seen any boards like this until I happened to fall upon this site. Thank you for the Rules listed above...I apologize for any rules I may have broken thus far (if any) Now that I know more about how this site works, I will be sure to keep my own posts connected to a current running thread unless it is something GREAT!

Hope I haven't pissed anyone off.....Thanks again!

anotherkim 14420 desperate attention whore postings

08-25-02, 04:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail anotherkim Click to send private message to anotherkim Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
55. "RE: Posting Rules"
only repeated, flagrant violations of the rules will actually piss anyone off around here. a totally laid back community on the whole.

welcome--glad to see you here!

09-04-02, 07:32 PM (EST)
56. "Guidance is always welcome, right?"
Please be kind...I am a newbie here. I have been following the message board since Survivor III but have never posted.

Apparently we have new folks posting who are insecure about doing so. We, of course, are always interested in the well reasoned contributions of newer members of our little community. So in the interest of increasing general awareness and making these available for the new folks

bump

I don't think I can help myself. Just repeat what GT said: First you have to get them to admit that they have a problem...

09-04-02, 08:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
57. "RE: Spoiler Forum Guidelines"
Thanks for bumping this, Tech... and yes, no need for "newbies" to feel apologetic or the need to ask us to be gentle -- if those of you have "been around since Survivor III" then you know that we've got a great bunch here and only a very few number of idiots.

Speaking of idiots... THIS is a perfect example of an idiot who, unfortunately, had his thread locked before some of us could get in to flame him to a crisp. This is the absolute worst kind of thread any person can possibly think of creating -- claiming to know who won, then not even bother explaining how or why and at the same time, trying to 'cutesy' it up by hiding it in capitalized mumbo-jumbo. Please... don't bother, idiots like this not need to bother -- we know people like that are stupid, already.

7and7, read this.... HJKDFDJgDFJDFJDoFDJGFGF
FGFFDaADFJK LDJFDwJKLJK aDFJDKFJD LJFyFDFKDJFJ!

09-17-02, 03:58 PM (EST)
58. "Let's keep the threads tidy..."
We've currently got several threads that are duplicates -- and it's not like they're only a few minutes apart, they were hours apart.

People, let's try to make sure that nobody else has that topic already covered before you post a new thread -- the thread titles might be different but there are some that talk about the SAME TOPIC even if you wouldn't know it from the title.

Please read first. Read some more. Think about what people are saying. Then if that topic HAS NOT been pounded into a pulp already, then go ahead and post a new thread as I know you all have some very valuable information to share! Having three threads on one topic will cause some of that valuable information to go by the wayside for people to ignore.

Thank you. Rant over.

09-17-02, 04:07 PM (EST)
59. "Calling TechNoir!"
A couple of them did come up within minutes of each other, but Pepe is dead right about checking the existing threads before starting a new one. I do think, however, that it might be helpful sometimes if monster threads are sometimes continued in a new thread with a link to the previous one. Speaking of which ...

Calling TechNoir, Calling TechNoir! It may be time for a condensed version of these guidelines. Naturally, Webby has first dibs, but I know you could do a good job of it if Webby or one of the blue men okayed it.

VerucaSalt 1580 desperate attention whore postings

09-17-02, 04:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail VerucaSalt Click to send private message to VerucaSalt Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
60. "RE: Calling TechNoir!"
That was mine and when I went back I said Oh ShiiAnn!! But, I did check the time and I posted it first so I do apologize cuz I did think there wasn't another thread with the information

09-18-02, 10:20 PM (EST)
61. "Here I Am !!!"
It is so nice to be called to do what I love. I have found my mission in life. Not only do I get to bump the thread, but I can reiterate my very own abbreviated guidelines. Here goes:

Read
Read more
Think
Think again
Post if no one else has

Now I understand your request for me to make these available, but I'm afraid I really can't start another thread in good conscience. After all I am often found asking -- no begging -- people to post to a single thread instead of proliferating them.

On the other hand, if Webby or somebody blue wants me to compose a new one, I would be proud to. Bumping should be sufficient IF FOLKS WILL JUST READ THIS. {Oops, it looks like I am beginning to lose it. Perhaps I should save my erupting tirade for another time. Something tells me I will get the opportunity.)

Just an anarchist who can't understand why all of you DAW's can't behave and take turns nicely. There is plenty attention to go around.

09-19-02, 04:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail lroy Click to send private message to lroy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
62. "What the..."
What are these rule like things way at the top of this thread...

This is only a guess...

09-29-02, 08:53 AM (EST)
63. "RE: Spoiler Forum Guidelines"
The board features allow us to keep related information under the same heading. While we allow our members to start any threads that they want, we ask that your thread contribute in some way to the effort of the board. In other words, if you wish to comment on a subject addressed in another thread, do it in that thread.

There seem to be several instances of folks starting a new thread instead of posting on the existing one. Please cease and desist. It is difficult enough to keep up with all of the information and to do things like SOTS without thread proliferation.

Thank you.

What always gets me is that folks appear in a community of folks who are ALL Desperate Attention Whores, many of whom are very experienced in that endeavor, and expect to start out at the front of the pack. Not bloody likely.

10-02-02, 05:35 PM (EST)
64. "RE: Spoiler Forum Guidelines"
Here I was thinking how good you all were doing, how I wasn't constantly being annoyed by pointless new threads by folks who either hadn't read the boards or just wanted their temporary handle at the top of a thread and ..... BAM !!!

So peeps, please be considerate of your neighbors. If it has been written about for weeks and is part of the SOTS thread you really don't have to start your very own thread. And if you can't be bothered to read what others have written, what makes you think that folks want to read what you have to say?

Me oh my, I seem to be having a moment. I'll go calm down now. It's just that I was SO disappointed.

Jims02 7407 desperate attention whore postings

10-02-02, 08:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Jims02 Click to send private message to Jims02 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
65. "RE: Spoiler Forum Guidelines"
First of all... Bump!!!

Second of all, as some know, this kind of thing really got out of hand on the Mole message boards. People were starting threads proclaiming "I'VE FOUND THE CLUE" and "YOU ARE SO STUPID FOR MISSING THIS!" Naturally, Webby locked these threads, with an eloquent remark about posting. (And we'd get NUMEROUS double threads)

I think Bebo (wasn't it?) said it very well regarding Newbies. Newbies should, as many have stated before, start out slow, and try to fit in with the crowd. Whether it's solely voting in the Voting Threads or adding a tidbit to an spoiler conversation. Then, the newbie figures out the "flow" of the board, they should start posting more.

Believe me, I was a newbie only a few months ago. (Well, I'm still a newbie compared to some of y'all)

That's just based on my own personal experience though

Quotes of the week
1. "You will NOT see my ta-ta's" -Shii Ann
2. "Do they think I'm too controlling?" -Helen (um, yeah)

samiam 5976 desperate attention whore postings

10-10-02, 11:23 AM (EST)
Click to EMail samiam Click to send private message to samiam Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
66. "Bump..."
Can't let this fall too far back, found it on page 3.

Come on, TechNoir, you're shirking your duties lol

"It has yet to be proven that intelligence has any survival value." -- Arthur C. Clarke

10-10-02, 11:44 AM (EST)
67. "RE: Bump..."
I should be ashamed but I don't actually bump it unless I'm pissed off. I wonder if I am mellow or there are fewer annoying peeps. It must be the latter because nobody I know thinks I am mellow

Of course I was focused on the TAR board earlier this week. So many jerks; so little time.

10-11-02, 12:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mistofleas Click to send private message to mistofleas Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
70. "RE: Bump..."
Bumping this up r to keep people aware of the guidelines and to encourage them to be followed.

--strongly believes that multiple threads are a waste of everyones time

10-16-02, 05:33 PM (EST)
72. "RE: Bump..."
Yeah, what she said.

This is only a guess...

10-16-02, 05:38 PM (EST)
73. "RE: Spoiler Forum Guidelines"
Yay, I love me some guidelines.

10-18-02, 01:19 PM (EST)
74. "BUMP!!!!!"
Do not forget to read, read some more, and then only post if you have something NEW!

Beware the Bear! An IceCat Original, © 2002

Swami 5885 desperate attention whore postings

10-18-02, 03:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Swami Click to send private message to Swami Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
75. "Tired of BUMPs"
I'm not going to open this thread anymore, because all it ever says is BUMP.

If the guidelines change, Webby, would you please make that a new post? I know this info is aimed mostly at newbies, but I'm probably not the only one who is giving up on looking at this old post.

Thanks a lot.

10-22-02, 09:51 PM (EST)
76. "Grind"

I agree, a new thread condensing all the good stuff in this thread would probably be a lot easier for newbies to read and comprehend.

Anyway, time for the midweek intensity to pick up, might as well have this for newbies to find on page one.

Blues and Webby, if a new thread for this material is ever to be started, it would probably be best to lock this one to keep it from getting bumped or grinded again. Just a thought.

10-30-02, 02:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
77. "Same old, same old"
Look what I found at the bottom of page 2...

11-15-02, 08:42 PM (EST)
78. "Bump for dobracura"
This had fallen to page 5! *gasp*

The last time this was bumped was 10/30. We must be doin good.

Until today.

bebe

Red_Dobie 731 desperate attention whore postings

12-06-02, 02:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Red_Dobie Click to send private message to Red_Dobie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
79. "RE: Spoiler Forum Guidelines"
Found this on page 5....newbies, please read!

Spidey 6259 desperate attention whore postings

12-07-02, 06:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Spidey Click to send private message to Spidey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
80. "RE: Spoiler Forum Guidelines"
Bump again. It's about to get knocked off page one. And yes, Red Dobie, it is clearly time, as we have a bunch of new (and welcome!) posters!

An IceCat Original,

01-15-03, 09:12 PM (EST)
81. "RE: Spoiler Forum Guidelines"
Gosh Tech, you're slacking off. Do your damn job, why don't ya?

Ok, ok. I'll bump 'em. It's way time for all of us to familiarize ourselves with -- nay, commit to memory -- some guidelines.

"Half of Tech's charm is that sometimes I have no idea what she's talking about" -- True

01-16-03, 11:54 AM (EST)
82. "RE: Spoiler Forum Guidelines"
Tech is psychic I swear it! Yesterday I actually "updated" the guidelines to fit this season since this particular thread has been going since S4. I didn't post it because I wasn't sure if there had been any changes or if it was appropriate for me to do so.

Tech dear, hows about you update the guidelines and start us a new thread...pretty please? *smiles sweetly*

Or I'll do it if you prefer.

--knows that Tech really that psychic guy from the SciFi channel John Edwards

01-16-03, 08:12 PM (EST)
83. "RE: Spoiler Forum Guidelines"
I'll take a shot at it.

And that would be Jill Edwards.

01-17-03, 10:25 AM (EST)
84. "RE: Spoiler Forum Guidelines"
And that would be Jill Edwards

Oh I know you're all woman Tech dear! I've been patterning my own femininity after you.

Do you have a handbook or should I just go on worshipping you from afar?

--realizes she just went way OT in the spoiler forum and runs for cover

02-20-03, 04:16 PM (EST)
85. "BUMP for Survivor: Amazon"
A bump to move this to the top of the page now that it's the second week and we've got some new faces here who may not be aware of how this place is run.

A big HOWDY to all newcomers and hope to see you all posting here and sharing your thoughts and spoiling skills here!

"When you get to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on."

02-27-03, 09:08 AM (EST)
86. "RE: Spoiler Forum Guidelines"
bump

03-05-03, 10:43 PM (EST)
87. "bump"

03-14-03, 01:51 PM (EST)
88. "Bump"

03-20-03, 03:17 PM (EST)
89. "RE: Spoiler Forum Guidelines"
Peeps, do I really have to come to your house and have these tattooed to your eyeballs? Please.

"Half of Tech's charm is that sometimes I have no idea what she's talking about" -- True

SurvivinDawg 6816 desperate attention whore postings

03-20-03, 03:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivinDawg Click to send private message to SurvivinDawg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
90. "Suggestion"
How about taking the first message and starting this thread afresh. Or erasing all the replies, accomplishing the same thing. It's getting pretty big...

Just an idea...

Contradictions don't exist. If you are faced with a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong. -- Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Unlock | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •