The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Ep 8 Preview Vidcaps"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Bungler 497 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

04-11-02, 09:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bungler Click to send private message to Bungler Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Ep 8 Preview Vidcaps"
LAST EDITED ON 04-11-02 AT 10:03 PM (EST)

with a little placeholder text, just so our West Coasters won't be surprised by what happened in Ep 7.

Okay, now that the preliminaries are over, here's the preview with text.

{Jeff Probst} Next time on Survivor...

{JP} ...Kathy confronts Zoe about her lying ways.

{Zoe} There was never any intention of voting you off.

{Kathy} Zoe just lied to me point blank.

{JP} The Survivors reach new heights.

{Tammy} Fly! (laughs)

{JP} Neleh gets upset with the actions of some of her tribemates.

{Neleh -- to Pappy} I've been nothing but honest to everybody and following my heart...(cuts off)

{Neleh -- to camera} ...there's gotta be something changed here.

---------------------

Note: on the audio track, the two Neleh statements are run together as if they are one, but you can see that she says these things at two different times. The audio cuts off when she's talking to Pappy (which I've noted), then she's shown talking straight to the camera with the second part.

I hope that makes sense.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Ep 8 Preview Vidcaps AstroAlex 04-11-02 1
 Immunity Necklace? sweetpea 04-11-02 2
   RE: Immunity Necklace? Bungler 04-11-02 3
       Thanks Bungler sweetpea 04-11-02 5
           Or is it Reward Challenge? shakes the clown 04-11-02 8
               RE: Or is it Reward Challenge? dangerkitty 04-12-02 15
                   RE: Or is it Reward Challenge? galastarr 04-17-02 56
               RE: Or is it Reward Challenge? jenbug 04-12-02 29
                   RE: Or is it Reward Challenge? SurvivinDawg 04-12-02 34
                       Great point dawg shakes the clown 04-12-02 37
                       Tammy wins IC Krautboy 04-12-02 38
   RE: Immunity Necklace? lazydazes 04-11-02 4
       RE: Immunity Necklace? bebekid 04-11-02 6
           RE: Immunity Necklace? AstroAlex 04-11-02 7
               I doubt it shakes the clown 04-11-02 9
                   RE: I doubt it AstroAlex 04-11-02 10
                   RE: I doubt it lazydazes 04-11-02 11
                       Is Kathy also wearing a necklace in... ALT 04-12-02 21
                   RE: I doubt it Bebo 04-11-02 12
                       RE: I doubt it lazydazes 04-11-02 13
                       RE: I doubt it I_AM_HE 04-12-02 14
                           RE: I doubt it sweetpea 04-12-02 22
 RE: 2 additional pics Ogachu 04-12-02 16
   Mystical Place Rain Crow 04-12-02 26
   Good Eyes, Ogachu! Bungler 04-12-02 40
       RE: Good Eyes, Ogachu! Ogachu 04-17-02 54
 Red herring alert!!! shakes the clown 04-12-02 17
   RE: Red herring alert!!! I_AM_HE 04-12-02 18
       Sean spoilers? Kokoro 04-12-02 20
           RE: Sean spoilers vs. Tammy immunit... citygirl 04-12-02 30
               RE: Sean spoilers vs. Tammy immunit... stepol 04-12-02 33
                   RE: Sean spoilers vs. Tammy immunit... SurvivinDawg 04-12-02 35
                       RE: Sean spoilers vs. Tammy immunit... citygirl 04-12-02 36
                       RE: Sean spoilers vs. Tammy immunit... Kokoro 04-12-02 42
                           RE: Sean spoilers vs. Tammy immunit... SurvivinDawg 04-13-02 45
                               RE: Sean spoilers vs. Tammy immunit... Outfrontgirl 04-14-02 49
                   RE: Sean spoilers vs. Tammy immunit... Cin 04-17-02 55
   Further misdirection Kokoro 04-12-02 19
   RE: Red herring alert!!! Ogachu 04-12-02 27
       the necklaces are different Lisapooh 04-12-02 28
           RE: agreed Ogachu 04-12-02 32
       RE: Red herring alert!!! ycartdraw 04-12-02 31
 RE: Ep 8 Preview Vidcaps samboohoo 04-12-02 23
 Do my eyes deceive me... bigtomshouldhavewon 04-12-02 24
   RE: Do my eyes deceive me... Bebo 04-12-02 25
 The OFG Theory Krautboy 04-12-02 39
   RE: The OFG Theory Outfrontgirl 04-14-02 50
       RE: The OFG Theory Krautboy 04-14-02 51
 Neleh feels vulnerable? Krautboy 04-12-02 41
 Pappy Wins Reward Challenge sweetpea 04-13-02 43
   RE: Pappy Wins Reward Challenge TechNoir 04-13-02 44
   RE: Pappy Wins Reward Challenge Kokoro 04-13-02 46
   RE: Pappy Wins Reward Challenge Swami 04-13-02 48
   Did not shave BaquaR13 04-16-02 53
 Link to Fast Eddie's Thread IceCat 04-13-02 47
 just an observation... Cathy the Canadian 04-16-02 52

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

AstroAlex 17 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

04-11-02, 09:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AstroAlex Click to send private message to AstroAlex Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Ep 8 Preview Vidcaps"
I understand. I'm sure glad Neleh finally notices this. Maybe she'll make the right choice this time.

sweetpea 223 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

04-11-02, 09:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sweetpea Click to send private message to sweetpea Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "Immunity Necklace?"
Is that the immunity necklace on Tammy in #8 and #9?

04-11-02, 09:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bungler Click to send private message to Bungler Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Immunity Necklace?"
LAST EDITED ON 04-11-02 AT 09:51 PM (EST)

Yep, sweetpea. Good catch. I noticed that too, and went back to cap Kathy wearing it in E7. I'm uploading the pic now. Gimme a minute.

04-11-02, 09:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sweetpea Click to send private message to sweetpea Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "Thanks Bungler"
I can't believe that Burney is making it so easy for us!

Kite flying might be immunity as we've got Tammy saying Fly and holding her arms up.

shakes the clown 3366 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

04-11-02, 10:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail shakes%20the%20clown Click to send private message to shakes%20the%20clown Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "Or is it Reward Challenge?"
>Kite flying might be immunity as
>we've got Tammy saying Fly
>and holding her arms up.
>
>
>

But in the pic with her wearing the necklace she has a different shirt on. I'm not for certain, but isn't TC always the same day as the IC during the post-merge eps?

If it is, then why would she change shirts, especially when they are identical types of shirts (so its not as if a change in weather dictated the change) I know she could change her shirt if she got it wet, but kite flying is not exactly a water sport...and both pics are during the day so there isn't much time for her to find a reason to change from a red shirt to a blue shirt

Here is the cap again....

Plus, does Kite flying really sound like it is worthy of an IC?

dangerkitty 1913 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

04-12-02, 01:08 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dangerkitty Click to send private message to dangerkitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Or is it Reward Challenge?"
LAST EDITED ON 04-12-02 AT 01:11 AM (EST)

Kite flying reminds me of the S2 boomerang challenge - RC.

And I can't believe we have a cap of Tammy with the necklace! Unless MB is really juking us by using a clip from a future ep - which seems unlikely, I know we've had them from past eps - then he has handed it to us. Tammy isn't really someone that we see as a possible bootee next week, but still - anything can happen, plus it eliminates any of the other possible bootees from being immune.

Edited after reading more posts - I wasn't thinking about the immunity transference. Yes, that throws a wrench into it, someone who is vulnerable could still end up with immunity. All the more reason to show us the pic, to make us wonder about that. Tammy really isn't vulnerable, and although it's hard for me to picture her giving up the immunity - and also showing her hand as far as alliances - we do have to consider that possibility.

galastarr 16 desperate attention whore postings

04-17-02, 12:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail galastarr Click to send private message to galastarr Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
56. "RE: Or is it Reward Challenge?"
>And I can't believe we have a cap of Tammy with the necklace! Unless MB is really juking us by using a clip from a future ep - which seems unlikely, I know we've had them from past eps - then he has handed it to us.<

The only members not pictured with her wearing the IC necklace are V, Z, and the General. If this is a juke then either V gets voted out this week or the J/Z/R/T alliance gets broken.

jenbug 40 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

04-12-02, 01:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jenbug Click to send private message to jenbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "RE: Or is it Reward Challenge?"
>
>But in the pic with her
>wearing the necklace she has
>a different shirt on.
>I'm not for certain, but
>isn't TC always the same
>day as the IC during
>the post-merge eps?
>
>If it is, then why would
>she change shirts, especially when
>they are identical types of
>shirts (so its not as
>if a change in weather
>dictated the change) I
>know she could change her
>shirt if she got it
>wet, but kite flying is
>not exactly a water sport...and
>both pics are during the
>day so there isn't much
>time for her to find
>a reason to change from
>a red shirt to a
>blue shirt

For a little female perspective- the blue shirt pictured looks like a tight fitting lycra-like fabric, the kind of top that many women use as a sports bra in an athletic environment. The red shirt is a more loose fitting tank of tee shirt material. While I agree that a "kite flying" immunity sounds stupid, I don't think we can rule that out based on her clothing. She could have easily been wearing the blue under the red, and taken off the red for any number of logical reasons (sweaty, etc..)

SurvivinDawg 6816 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-12-02, 06:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivinDawg Click to send private message to SurvivinDawg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
34. "RE: Or is it Reward Challenge?"
A couple of things about Tammy's shirts and the IC necklace:

1) Tammy is shown eating as she wears the necklace. Kathy did NOT wear the necklace most of the day around camp... and most previous winners have not worn the IC necklace all day.

So I surmise that this shot of Tammy with the necklace is almost IMMEDIATELY after returning from IC.

So this means she was wearing this blue, athletic thing AT IC. This then extrapolates to the kite flying NOT being IC, but being RC (if even that).

2) I don't think there's much to think about with regard to Tammy changing shirts, even if it were the same day. I have noticed that most of the players tend to wear the same clothing to EVERY Tribal Council, and sometimes we don't see these clothes on them at any other time. So I don't think it's inconceivable that Tammy would change clothes. But I refer you back to No. 1 for my more actual analysis of this particular situation.

*** Contradictions don't exist. If you are faced with a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong. -- Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

04-12-02, 08:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail shakes%20the%20clown Click to send private message to shakes%20the%20clown Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
37. "Great point dawg"
>1) Tammy is shown eating as
>she wears the necklace.
>Kathy did NOT wear the
>necklace most of the day
>around camp... and most previous
>winners have not worn the
>IC necklace all day.
>
>So I surmise that this shot
>of Tammy with the necklace
>is almost IMMEDIATELY after returning
>from IC.

...your point made me realize something.....at Rotu they only eat once a day according to Kathy and it is always at night...so, this is obviously late in the afternoon or at dinner and since she is wearing the necklace and we all know that she wouldn't wear the thing all day it seems obvious that this is probably right after the IC.

Also, since it is most likely right after the iC we can safely assume that Tammy WON the IC and did not have it transfered to her...also I suspect all transfers will be announced AT TC.

Krautboy 2750 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

04-12-02, 10:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Krautboy Click to send private message to Krautboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
38. "Tammy wins IC"
Dawg and Shakes: I’m with you guys on this one. Definitely right after returning from the IC.

The tribe is pictured with all 9 present, still wearing their challenge buffs, having a snack/dinner after the IC. Tammy has still got the Immunity necklace on shortly after returning.

Six members of the tribe having a snack/dinner after returning from the IC…John, Neleh, Kathy, Paschal, Tammy, Sean… challenge buffs still in place. (This picture is shot from one direction across their table) Sean looks concerned walking away from the group…

The other three members of the tribe having their snack, also after returning from the IC…Robert, Vee and Zoe… challenge buffs still in place. (This picture is taken from the other direction, also across the table) Vee also looks unhappy, standing separate from the group…the last of the Maraamu look concerned. Robert and Zoe look down at the table avoiding eye contact. The air is thick with tension...

Shakes I agree that Tammy wins the IC.

MB would normally hide the IC winner and edit that person as a target (much like he did with Kathy last week), but he cannot control who wins immunity. This week Tammy wins the IC, but there is no drama or suspense, because Tammy is safe even before she wins the IC.

MB knows there is no supense with Tammy, so instead he has chosen to reveal the Immunity Transference rule and let us speculate whether she will keep the Immunity Necklace or give it to one of her alliance members who needs it more.

Tammy seems very competitive, as witnessed by her not wanting to throw the IC to boot off Rob; I don’t believe she will transfer immunity it anyone else.

So, I would recommend that we assume Tammy wins the IC, keeps the necklace and that someone else gets voted off this week…Kathy, Sean or Vee?

Krautboy

lazydazes 28 desperate attention whore postings

04-11-02, 09:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail lazydazes Click to send private message to lazydazes Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Immunity Necklace?"
I was thinking the same thing!!!

I think it is the immunity necklace!!! But, what if she was just playing around and decided to put it on - then, CBS just threw this shot in there to mess with everyone? It just seems like to big of a screw up!

bebekid 1621 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

04-11-02, 10:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bebekid Click to send private message to bebekid Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Immunity Necklace?"
Yes, I think she was likely just playing around and decided to put it on. Kathy may have let her wear it for good luck for the Reward Challenge. But now that immunity is transferable, even if Tammy does win it, doesn't mean she will keep it!

bebe

04-11-02, 10:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AstroAlex Click to send private message to AstroAlex Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Immunity Necklace?"
I think that was a very interesting choice to make it transferable. That could definately lead to some interesting turns down the line. ;)

But, I think that they are just trying to trick us. She probably just tried it on for size, and she just happened to have it on during that shot. I don't think MB is that stupid to ruin the whole "surprise" of next week already.

It's like in the 1st season where they had the shot of TC with only 4 (??) people including Gervace and they thought it was legitimate. It could be a fabricated ploy.

04-11-02, 10:28 PM (EST)
9. "I doubt it"
>But, I think that they are
>just trying to trick us.
> She probably just tried
>it on for size, and
>she just happened to have
>it on during that shot.

....I really doubt anyone would run around trying on the necklace just for the fun of it. That would be paramount to borrowing the Stanley Cup to skate it around the ice a few times at practice just to get the hang of it. Athletes want to earn their prizes and the immunity necklace is sacred in this game, i seriously doubt anyone would even dare put the thing around their neck before earning it.

> I don't think MB
>is that stupid to ruin
>the whole "surprise" of next
>week already.
>

...Burnett has given us the IC winner in clips more than once in the past....MamaKim walking to TC during the F4 ep, Kucha walking across the river with teh idol in Michael's hands.

>It's like in the 1st season
>where they had the shot
>of TC with only 4
>(??) people including Gervace and
>they thought it was legitimate.
> It could be a
>fabricated ploy.

...that was a doctored photo....I really doubt Burn-it would go to that lengths to throw us off as to something so trivial and inconsequential as who wins the immunity at the next ep.

04-11-02, 10:32 PM (EST)
10. "RE: I doubt it"
Good points. I think you're right.

04-11-02, 10:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail lazydazes Click to send private message to lazydazes Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: I doubt it"
After thinking about it - I would have to agree about trying on the necklace. Especially since it is Tammy especially! Given her personality, she doesn't seem like the type to take it and just try it on for fun (she seems all business about the game).

But, as bebekid and Dawg (in the East Coast Summary thread) mentioned, the immunity necklace is now transferable - so he could be giving us this clip b/c she is not ultimatly the one that wears it at TC. But if that is the case - who would she give it to?

ALT 28 desperate attention whore postings

04-12-02, 06:44 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ALT Click to send private message to ALT Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "Is Kathy also wearing a necklace in pic 8?"
Maybe someone can zoom in and see if Kathy is wearing one on her neck too? Cos I saw something round her neck.

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings

04-11-02, 10:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: I doubt it"
>...that was a doctored photo....I really
>doubt Burn-it would go to
>that lengths to throw us
>off as to something so
>trivial and inconsequential as who
>wins the immunity at the
>next ep.

MB doesn't need to cover up the immunity winner every week, because the transferrable immunity can bring up even more interesting discussions.

Tammy is shown wearing the immunity necklace...but will she keep it or transfer her immunity to someone else? There are two significant candidates running through my mind right now:
- John - He got 2 votes during the last TC, and even though 1 of the voters is gone, transferring immunity to him could be a message to Sean and the new 'Mus that he is off-limits, protecting the Rotu 4.
- Kathy - What a way to gain back Kathy's trust -- hand back the immunity necklace at a time when she is vulnerable. A public sign that she wasn't a target...or at least, that plan was abandoned and she no longer is. Kathy will either be final 2 or jury, so regaining her trust could secure her jury vote.

At the very least, transferring immunity at the last minute could disrupt the alliances -- they'll need to make sure they have a contingency boot agreed upon in case immunity gets transferred unexpectedly.

S.O.B.

04-11-02, 10:48 PM (EST)
13. "RE: I doubt it"
Is Zoe another option (along with the 2 you mentioned above bebo)? Could Tammy decide to give the necklace to her? Maybe that one vote against Zoe (from Kathy) worried Tammy a bit b/c she and Zoe have an alliance of their own.

Just a thought.

I_AM_HE 6123 desperate attention whore postings

04-12-02, 00:31 AM (EST)
Click to EMail I_AM_HE Click to send private message to I_AM_HE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: I doubt it"
i don't know that Tammy's the type that would give up immunity- remember she wouldn't throw the challenge in Ep6...but we'll see

04-12-02, 08:56 AM (EST)
22. "RE: I doubt it"
In Tammy's exclusive POV on CBS.com she states that her stratgey is to win the individual immunities so she can't be kicked off. I doubt she would give it up with that mindset.

Ogachu 58 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

04-12-02, 01:26 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Ogachu Click to send private message to Ogachu Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: 2 additional pics"
LAST EDITED ON 04-12-02 AT 01:28 AM (EST)

Did anyone else see two clips at the end of the show, not in the regular preview, but right at the very end? There was one of a piece of paper or something with writing on it in what looked like a bowl maybe and then a shot of a group hugging or huddled around each other doing some sort of jumping/dancing move all together. I know I did not dream this, but it went by so fast I'm not sure what they were exactly. I don't think it was pics we have seen before. Can someone check this so I'll know I'm not completely crazy???

Rain Crow 374 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

04-12-02, 09:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Rain%20Crow Click to send private message to Rain%20Crow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "Mystical Place"
Yes. I have it captured on video tape. I was hoping Bungler would vidcap it. I ran it through using pause-pause-pause-pause and it appears to be about 2/3 legible. I am at work right now (shhhhh!) and don't have the chance to quote it, but it talks about going to a "mystical place"...which is no doubt the underwater reward mentioned in other posts.

Hope you have this one Bungler. If not, perhaps someone else does. If all else fails, I will go back and copy as much of it as I can.

04-12-02, 11:18 PM (EST)
40. "Good Eyes, Ogachu!"
LAST EDITED ON 04-12-02 AT 11:44 PM (EST)

Here are your caps.

It looks like a RC "treemail" written inside a shell. I'll let other try to decipher it. I've been writing a final paper for grad school all evening, and my eyes are tired.

Edited to clarify that this is from Ep 6's Reward Challenge, the one Rotu won, then lost by DQ.

04-17-02, 10:08 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Ogachu Click to send private message to Ogachu Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
54. "RE: Good Eyes, Ogachu!"
Thank you Bungler. So, I guess the shot of the group jumping or whatever was in celebration of the RC win in EP6.

You truly are amazing.

04-12-02, 01:39 AM (EST)
17. "Red herring alert!!!"
>{JP} ...Kathy confronts Zoe about her
>lying ways.
>

>{Kathy} Zoe just lied to me
>point blank.
>

....okay, look at those caps...notice anything out of the ordinary, such as teh fact that Kathy is wearing completely different clothes from one to the next. Yet she says, "Zoe just lied to me".

So, on a hunch I tried to remember anotehr time where Kathy might have said something like this and I came up with the Rob/Kathy/Zoe threesome in the woods from tonight's ep. So, I went back and grabbed the caps from that conversation...here, take a look...

....now the shirt looks a litte different, but that might be the result of being in teh water...but it looks like the "Zoe just lied to me" most likely came from this conversation, after she got out of the water. There is a rip on her shirt in the caps from this ep, but I can't tell if the rip is present in the caps from last ep.

Also, the buff looks to be in teh same position, although it is slightly different in teh out of the water shot.

Maybe someone with better eyes for these things can make a more definite determination.

But, if I'm right I think we might be entering the phase of the show where MB tries his hardest to convince us there is NOT, I repeat NOT going to be a post merge pagonging. The heleN clip at the end seems to be further misdirection along the same lines.

I think at this point the only Rotu in danger of going before all of Mara is gone is John, and that might be as a sacrificial lamb by the alliance to show P/N that there is no suballiance in Rotu and thereby assure their loyalty till the end at which point they can easily be Rodgercized as poor IC threats who you most definitely don't want to face in the final two.

I_AM_HE 6123 desperate attention whore postings

04-12-02, 01:51 AM (EST)
Click to EMail I_AM_HE Click to send private message to I_AM_HE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Red herring alert!!!"
good find shakes! i think you're right on here. i don't know that Kathy and co are safe entirely, especially if Vee has become the 5th member of the Rotu 4...but the placing of that voice-over could easily lead us to think K/N/P/V/S might vote together if Kathy is feeling like Rotu can't be trusted, and intended to cover up a Sean vote

Kokoro 3899 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

04-12-02, 02:28 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Kokoro Click to send private message to Kokoro Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "Sean spoilers?"
Can someone post all the Sean spoilers we have and sources/links?
His chances for lasting as long as some spoilers say have just taken a major decrease (unless he wins the next 3-5 immunities).

After all of the recent fake spoilers and the fact that Sean is a very obvious target next episode I think it'd be a good thing to review any info we have (Spoilers for other contestants would be good as well). This is also the time where we can look back and see if anything has twisted through the Grapevine into general knowledge. ie. Liz kicks butt. or the "There will be 3 changes in this game" where the quote does not really imply only 3.

----------------------------------------
Now let us never speak of S3 again.

Don't worry y'all, Gina and Bob will be back just in time for the final 3.

Stop Discrimination Now

citygirl 35 desperate attention whore postings

04-12-02, 02:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail citygirl Click to send private message to citygirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
30. "RE: Sean spoilers vs. Tammy immunity"
There has been a lot of talk about Sean winning the family-oriented challenge. It seems next week's reward callenge isn't that -- it looks like some sort of trip somewhere in the islands. So that would mean that Sean sticks around another week. But TAMMY has the immunity necklace from the previews... how on earth does Sean stick aroun without immunity?

stepol 16 desperate attention whore postings

04-12-02, 03:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail stepol Click to send private message to stepol Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
33. "RE: Sean spoilers vs. Tammy immunity"
>But TAMMY has the
>immunity necklace from the previews...
>how on earth does Sean
>stick around without immunity?

It can only happen if Kathy, Neleh, and Paschal are smart ... which doesn't seem very likely. If they were smart they would band up with Sean and Vee and pick off John's Gang of Four. Then they could knock off Sean and Vee. Neleh and Pashal then pick off Kathy.

This would satisfy the spoilers saying Sean lasted longer than he would appear to be lasting as well as the spoiler that says that the last two remaining players are a man and a woman.

04-12-02, 07:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivinDawg Click to send private message to SurvivinDawg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
35. "RE: Sean spoilers vs. Tammy immunity"
One thing that has me absolutely thinking it WON'T be Sean getting the boot, even with a Tammy IC win, is the fact that he's mentioned on the See-BS site so prominently. The SeeBS site is notorious for its misdirection (so much so, that in the times I've posted it, I call it "SeeBS Misdirection for Ep. X").

From the previews, the titles (both Eps 8 & 9), and the misdirection, I personally suspect that Pappy is next to go. The Rotu's plan to wax the remaining NuMus, followed by the OldMus, will be in effect. There WILL be a Pagonging here, and shakestheclown was correct that this is MB's cool and desperate attempt to mislead up on that issue.

*** Contradictions don't exist. If you are faced with a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong. -- Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

citygirl 35 desperate attention whore postings

04-12-02, 08:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail citygirl Click to send private message to citygirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
36. "RE: Sean spoilers vs. Tammy immunity"
Why Pappy instead of Kathy, Neleh or Vee?

04-12-02, 11:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Kokoro Click to send private message to Kokoro Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
42. "RE: Sean spoilers vs. Tammy immunity"
But there is no reason to vote off K/P/N if they are thinking logically. The next vote should go to either Sean or Vee, lulling K/N/P into a secure state of mind, then they can take out Kathy at the next TC and it's too late for
P/N/3rd person to do anything about it except wait to be taken out.

Stop Discrimination Now

04-13-02, 01:58 PM (EST)
45. "RE: Sean spoilers vs. Tammy immunity"
But there is no reason to vote off K/P/N if they are thinking logically.

Vat ees thees "logic" ov wheech ye speeek?

Ich haf not seen thees, thees "logic" pheenomenon on thees program...

kokoru, my logical-thinking friend, regrettably I'm going to have to beat you severely about the face and shoulders for even suggesting that these players might act logically. Since it hasn't happened so far, I do not expect it to happen now.

More seriously: Kathy still has way to much of that old Rotu loyalty, and she has not seen that she is not a popular person, not to mention being on the outside looking in.

Paschal and Neleh are beginning to figure it out, but it would appear that they feel helpless. Paschal and Neleh showed that Gina's "brainwashing" was effective, because P/N were gleefully and eagerly pointing out when Rob touched his platform in the last IC (in fact, everyone was doing it "He touched it! Rob touched it, Jiffy!" they all cried out). SO I don't anticipate P/N allying with Sean, and probably not with Vee.

So while it's easy for us in our comfortable living room chairs to put this all together and think "logically", it would not be good spoiler practice to assume that these contestants will do the same.

Outfrontgirl 6830 desperate attention whore postings

04-14-02, 03:02 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Outfrontgirl Click to send private message to Outfrontgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
49. "RE: Sean spoilers vs. Tammy immunity"
>Vat ees thees "logic" ov wheech ye speeek?

>Ich haf not seen thees, thees "logic" pheenomenon on thees program...

ROFL laughing Dawg. Nope, I haven't seen this elusive quality either.

Original tribal bonds plus Gina talking trash will surely keep these five from getting together, even though it would save them.

Cin 843 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

04-17-02, 10:30 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Cin Click to send private message to Cin Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
55. "RE: Sean spoilers vs. Tammy immunity"
I'm not to sure about Vee hooking back up with a Sean alliance. Her speech voting Rob out has been bothering me. She said she was looking forward to buying all the original Maraamu's pizza and beer per their bet. (which I take to mean the last Mara in the game) That means she is all about voting off Sean.

Cin

04-12-02, 02:20 AM (EST)
19. "Further misdirection "
A. ~Sweetheart Misdirection~

"Sometimes, to stay in this game, you've got to get a little ruthless."

"I've been nothing but honest to everybody and following my heart....there's gotta be something changed here"

B. Kathy clips

Honestly, I think the "Zoe lied to me" clip would have to be from that episode....wait, that's not really what I mean. I'm saying it's not really all that important because "Zoe's lying ways" are one of the features for next week and whether Kathy's talking about another lie or if that is an old clip, the feature is focusing on Kathy-Zoe's relationship (Which is the only reason, IMO that Zoe has any focus at the moment whatsoever. If Kathy and Zoe weren't "close", she would still have no screentime and the "liar" title would be given to one of the other 3 members of the Rotu-4, most likely John). Yeah I know we had the "ooooooh it's a jam packed Night of Mysteries" thing that turned out to be a load of crap but when something is mentioned on the CBS "Next Episode" section, it'll make it onto the show. The Kathy-Zoe talk on the beach has to be about Zoe lying....the CBS site asks "Will they be friends?" (gawd that sounds like some 4 year old wrote it) And going with the misdirection and the way the questions like this one tend to lead, the answer is probably a big fat yes.

C.

Or it's possible that I've completely misunderstood you and spent time thinking all that out for no reason ;)

Stop Discrimination Now

04-12-02, 10:45 AM (EST)
27. "RE: Red herring alert!!!"
LAST EDITED ON 04-12-02 AT 10:56 AM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 04-12-02 AT 10:53 AM (EST)

>>
>
>>
>
>
>
>
>

One thing to compare could be the position of the "blue Ice Cat" on her buff. It's in the middle of her forehead in four, but not in any of the ones with her talking to Zoe. It's not there either in the one of her in the water, its more to the side. But her hair is wet in both pics where she's wearing the blue shirt and she has on the same necklace. I think they're both from the same day and the one of her and Zoe are on a different day.

Lisapooh 12664 desperate attention whore postings

04-12-02, 11:21 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Lisapooh Click to send private message to Lisapooh Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "the necklaces are different"
Kathy's necklace in the water ( #12 from last night) and the "Zoe just lied to me" (#4 from next week) are the same.

She's wearing a different one in the shot of her and Zoe together (#11) from last night's confrontation with Rob.

She also has earring on in the water (#12 and in #2), but it looks like she doesn't in the others. Although with her ratty hair it's hard to tell.

Accessories matter, dammit!

04-12-02, 03:07 PM (EST)
32. "RE: agreed"
LAST EDITED ON 04-12-02 AT 03:28 PM (EST)

You did a much better job of explaining the pics than I did...thanks. I forgot the pic numbers, which makes it alot more confusing. Won't do that again.

ycartdraw 46 desperate attention whore postings

04-12-02, 02:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ycartdraw Click to send private message to ycartdraw Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
31. "RE: Red herring alert!!!"
Isn't pic number 3 from when Rob confronted Zoe in front of Kathy, Kathy walked off and said that Zoe just lied, then she jumped in the water. The first pic is the only new one out of them all. Not really sure exactly what that means though.

samboohoo 17173 desperate attention whore postings

04-12-02, 09:38 AM (EST)
Click to EMail samboohoo Click to send private message to samboohoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: Ep 8 Preview Vidcaps"
Tammy is definately wearing the Immunity Necklace, but did she win immunity. Jeff said you could assign immunity to someone else to protect them or maybe swap it for favors, etc. I don't recall him saying the "immunity switch" had to take place at Tribal Council.

Is it possible that someone else won immunity and gave it to Tammy? I know this sounds a little far fetched, but I agree with the others that Tammy is not likely to give it to anyone else.

I think Kathy is safe this week no matter what, just to make her think that Rob was the liar and she really was never a target. Robert/Tammy/Zoe/John appear to have Vee on their side -- Vee thinks she's in with them. Maybe they dump Sean next week and then when Kathy feels a little better, they dump her. (Heck, she may even outlast John.)

bigtomshouldhavewon 20 desperate attention whore postings

04-12-02, 09:53 AM (EST)
Click to EMail bigtomshouldhavewon Click to send private message to bigtomshouldhavewon Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "Do my eyes deceive me..."
Or is someone eating a Ritz cracker?

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings

04-12-02, 09:58 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: Do my eyes deceive me..."
It's probably just some mango - Maraamu made sure they grabbed as many as possible before leaving camp

S.O.B.

04-12-02, 11:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Krautboy Click to send private message to Krautboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
39. "The OFG Theory"
Who's shown prominently (other than large group or challenge shots) in the Promo Vidcaps this week?

Candidates:
Kathy, Zoe, Tammy, Vee, Neleh, Paschal

Safe:
John, Robert, Sean

Remember the OFG Theory is not infallable, but it is a good tool when used in conjunction with other spoilers and analysis...

Krautboy

Outfrontgirl 6830 desperate attention whore postings

04-14-02, 03:11 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Outfrontgirl Click to send private message to Outfrontgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
50. "RE: The OFG Theory"
No one applies the "OFG" theory better than you Krautboy.
You took a little observation I posted on your thread back in S3 and ran it into a theory (and did a great job).

My long-forgotten original observation--made from keeping track in S2 and the first half or so of S3, included promos that popped up later in the week. I remember at least one week that the bootee didn't show up in the first promos--only in the one that came out later.

I certainly don't think I am infallible--but when you say the observation that the bootee would show up in a reasonable close-up in the previews hasn't always held up, I'm curious as to when it hasn't in S4. I know it held true through S3. Sarah and Gina were not in our faces, but they were definitely given close-ups of their expressions in the previews (as was Peter, I'm sure).

Patricia, Hunter, Gabe, and Rob were downright prominent. Am I missing someone who went missing on us?

04-14-02, 11:38 AM (EST)
51. "RE: The OFG Theory"
OFG: What do you mean? You HAVE been infallible! Seven in a row! Amazing!

It's me and my version of the OFG Theory that did not work for Sarah's Boot this season.

Since I'm the one who took your original observation and coined the name "The OFG Theory", it has a special place in my heart. I also do not hesitate to apply my own interpretation...

In my version of The OFG Theory, I only look at the original Episode trailer promo vidcaps for the following week. I have found that if you look at all the promos during the week, everyone is eventually featured in most episodes, and it waters down the usefulness of the theory.

Looking at just the first promo has proven very reliable over the past seasons, but not infallible, as the Sarah Boot episode illustrates.

Regardless, I will continue to be a vocal supporter of The OFG Theory and will continue to apply it the way that it works for me.

And I will continue to read everything you write, because I love your fresh insightfulness.

OFG: I'm rooting for you to go 16-0 this season!!

Krautboy

04-12-02, 11:22 PM (EST)
41. "Neleh feels vulnerable?"

The pictures of Paschal and Neleh talking...
"Neleh -- to Pappy} I've been nothing but honest to everybody and following my heart...(cuts off)"
"Neleh -- to camera} ...there's gotta be something changed here."
...are after the IC. Paschal and Neleh did not win and are feeling vulnerable, wondering what has changed, longing for the old "love shack" days...

Looking at the clothes, it seems that the Neleh/Paschal conversation is after the IC and before the TC. (The last 15 minutes of the show.)

If Neleh is still confused and hasn't figures out that her, Paschal and Kathy should have merged with Vee and Sean, then it seems apparent that this weeks bootee is coming from this group.

Is Neleh be one of the two "targets" that MB will edit as vulnerable leading into TC this week? Neleh vs. Kathy?

Is John's plan for Vee and Sean, to have them help him get rid of Kathy, Neleh and Paschal, before Sean and Vee?

Krautboy

04-13-02, 10:36 AM (EST)
43. "Pappy Wins Reward Challenge"
Notice how Pappy's hair is combed and it looks like he had a shave in these pic which were probably taken after the reward and immunity challenges:

And, from the cbs web promo for next week:

VO: Plus, a high flying challenge will give 1 castaway the
shock of their life.

I think Pappy wins the kite flying reward, gets an overnight visit from his wife, gets to shower and shave and they experience an underwater viewing of the reef in a submersible.

TechNoir 9741 desperate attention whore postings

04-13-02, 12:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TechNoir Click to send private message to TechNoir Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
44. "RE: Pappy Wins Reward Challenge"
Or someone else won it an took Pappy along ... it's been known to happen. And EPM loves misdirection.

60 Pixel Series, No. 2

04-13-02, 04:22 PM (EST)
46. "RE: Pappy Wins Reward Challenge"
<<VO: Plus, a high flying challenge will give 1 castaway the
shock of their life.>>

Shades of Ben Franklin....

Stop Discrimination Now

Swami 5885 desperate attention whore postings

04-13-02, 06:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Swami Click to send private message to Swami Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
48. "RE: Pappy Wins Reward Challenge"
LAST EDITED ON 04-13-02 AT 06:43 PM (EST)

Pappy does look trimmed, combed & clean right down to the creases. You may be right, sweetpea, that he wins the kite-flying RC. Kites were a very common play item years & years ago but not so much in recent years. He may still remember how to feel the kite through the string & work it into the air.

No one else, in the pictures shown looks cleaned up--certainly not Neleh whose hair is as ratty as ever. Doesn't look like any other Soliantu got to go.

I'm thinking he got an up in the air (just like the kite) helicoptor or plane tour of the island/s, and an over-night in a nice, touristy place, where he gets to do some diving or take a glass-bottom boat ride or something in a coral reef area. Seems early for a family visit but possible, I guess.

What might this mean for the game? Well, Pachal is not around during some of the crucial post-Rob who's on who's side planning. I don't think Kathy or Neleh can plan their way out of a paper bag, but I still have hopes the Judge might be smart enough to figure it out & come up with some kind of strategy to take on old Rotu. Maybe while he's out on his RC he can get a new perspective.

Edited to fix a typo & add coral reef stuff to fulfil 'underwater adventure' or however they phrased the reward.

Swami

BaquaR13 1336 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

04-16-02, 07:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail BaquaR13 Click to send private message to BaquaR13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
53. "Did not shave"
I think that maybe he got to fly high, but he obviously did not shave. It looks as if his hair were combed, but i dont know how that could have happened.

IceCat 17415 desperate attention whore postings

04-13-02, 05:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail IceCat Click to send private message to IceCat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
47. "Link to Fast Eddie's Thread"
http://community.realitytvworld.com/boards/DCForumID2/2608.shtml

This link contains commentary on the subject of the EP8 preview.

Cathy the Canadian 599 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

04-16-02, 11:29 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Cathy%20the%20Canadian Click to send private message to Cathy%20the%20Canadian Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
52. "just an observation..."
This has nothing to do with anything, but is that Pachcal taking a leak in the background of the second last still shot?

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •