The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"SOTS - Episode 7"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

idiotcowboy 1135 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

04-10-02, 01:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail idiotcowboy Click to send private message to idiotcowboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"SOTS - Episode 7"
Ok spoiler boys and girls, since our distinguished blue men group has been otherwise occupied, and I finally have a little time... I have decided we will not go another week without our SOTS spoiling tool! Gather round one and all for the SB State of the Spoiling where we like to pull it all together and hopefully make it all make some sense.

First off this is NOT the vote thread, however discussion of "theories" put on the vote thread are encouraged to take place here. In fact I would like to make the humble suggestion that we post the competing analysis theories on this thread and future SOTS threads so that we can stimulate conversation on the various competing theories (as that is NOT appropriate on the vote threads). We will likely have two vote threads from here on out, the boot vote and the immunity vote (do we need an RC one too?), and we would love to have your participation in all of them of course (free DAW's who can pass that up!).

Now that we have gotten the business portion out of the way, what DO we have for E7? Well on the spoiler side we have our usual visual and text based clues carefully screened by MB and his merry band of misleaders. This week on visual side we have Bungler vidcaps from the initial preview, some paratrooper caps krautboy found on the SurvivorFeaver site web preview, and finally some clearer (Bungler) caps from the same preview. Next we have text spoilage in the form of CBS web text, tv guide title, and zap2it text (along with a fair amount of speculation on each). Finally we have Gina spoilage that may or may not mean anything in the form of Early Show, EW, Rosie, and one from the radio. The Early Show included the follow quote that has received more than it's fair share of attention (and for that reason and because it has bee misquoted I present it here):

Clayson asked Crews to talk about her old tribe mates and new tribe mates. "First thing that comes to your mind -- Rob?" she asked?

Crews was blunt. "A little stupid on the island but a great person. He's -- you know, it's the way he played the game. I just -- I think he could have strategized a lot better and things could have been a lot differently if he would have made one, you know, crucial decision early in the game and he didn't. He chose to go another way and even talked about it and I think that was a stupid decision on his part, but he still is in the game and I'm not so I guess he's smarter than I am."

Unfortunately that is about it on the "hard" spoilage front. We do have a few of what I would term "soft" spoilers, as they could be accurate, but the supporting facts are not available to give it overwhelming credence. In particular we have the Kathy goes April 11 from SS and the so-called Cruise Ship "spoilers" that have gotten a fair amount of attention.

From all of this several things have become clear. There is a merge (although that was not really up for debate). The color of the merge tribe is a bright purplish. Things will be getting real interesting as several of the primary characters this season are potentially on the chopping block this week. The general consensus thus far is that there will not be an RC this week, but that Rob and Kathy go on some quest that in some way determines either the site of the new camp or which of the former camps to relocate the merged tribe to. Much of that debate can be found on the 2nd set of Bungler vidcaps and on Nightscribe's Challenge Speculation thresd.

Several attempts have been made to either apply or revisit some of the primary spoiler theories that we have been developing over the past few seasons. Including post merge trends, the usefulness of the EyeMail as a spoiler, a review of various theories, and even a new one in the making (or an application to an existing perhaps)? Specific points of discussion have arisen out of storyline editing, tactical errors in voting off Gina, and the relevance of the promise. There has also been some serious discussion of precarious nature of John's Alliance and Vee's role. Finally there have been a couple of attempts at putting a bunch of pieces together (at various times during the week) here and here.

So what does it all mean? Well at this point the prevailing wind on the board is leaning slightly in the Rob direction many of the reasons laid out by krautboy on the vote thread. There is a small (but growing) groundswell for John though which is spelled out by FesterFan and by kokoro. The final "camp" if you will is in leaning in the "Kathy" direction but thus far none has clearly made the specific case as to why. Then there are those others that some people have focused on too like cowboyroo and his reasons why it is neleh's turn. What is your take? There is still time to decide, but not too much

Well that’s about it for now. Hope it helps!

-ICB

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 Thanks! weltek 04-10-02 1
   RE: Thanks! cowboyroo 04-10-02 5
       RE: Thanks! Teddy_Bear 04-11-02 17
 RE: SOTS - Episode 7 lazydazes 04-10-02 2
   RE: SOTS - Episode 7 true 04-10-02 11
       RE: SOTS - Episode 7 lazydazes 04-10-02 15
   RE: SOTS - Episode 7 Teddy_Bear 04-11-02 20
       RE: SOTS - Episode 7 diamond 04-11-02 21
 Thank You SOOOO Much!!!! MeToo 04-10-02 3
 Evil John theory PagongRatEater 04-10-02 4
 Thanks so much, ICB!!! sleeeve 04-10-02 6
 RE: SOTS - Episode 7 NightScribe 04-10-02 7
   RE: SOTS - Episode 7 VanQ 04-10-02 13
 RE: SOTS - Episode 7 samboohoo 04-10-02 8
 RE: SOTS - Episode 7 MakeItStop 04-10-02 9
   More on why Kathy could be next. ulalame 04-10-02 14
 RE: SOTS - Episode 7 DVK 04-10-02 10
 Great Work Cowboy... IceCat 04-10-02 12
 RE: SOTS - Episode 7 Outfrontgirl 04-11-02 16
   RE: SOTS - Episode 7 Mitrelleum 04-11-02 18
 RE: SOTS - Episode 7 SurvivaBear 04-11-02 19

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

weltek 16936 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-10-02, 02:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail weltek Click to send private message to weltek Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "Thanks!"
Thanks, Cowboyroo! This is very welcome back into the spoiling arena!

I was very interested in your arguments for Neleh going. Tough call. I just can't see why they'd choose Neleh over Kathy if they targeted someone in that group. The only reason I could think of was if Kathy won Immunity. I don't think they will be looking at "She'd win in a final 2 vote" yet. Contestants don't tend to be thinking that far ahead yet. They need to deal with more immediate obstacles (e.g. Rob).

I can't understand the logic of John wanting to keep Rob or Sean around in any situation over the old Rotu. I can't see John being that stupid. He knows that Rob has contempt for him (the gay comment) and doesn't trust him. I don't even think John is dumb enough to think Rob won't gang up on him given any chance he gets.

So my vote was for Rob. I know, the survivors don't always do the smart thing, but this week I'm hoping so, and it's logical given Kraut's explanation.

cowboyroo 590 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

04-10-02, 03:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cowboyroo Click to send private message to cowboyroo Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Thanks!"
YW weltek, and thanks idiot cowboy....

Weltek,

I think that Rob is the real manipulator in this game. John shows his cards. He right out told Rob they are in an alliance of 4. I don't see that many of these people are ACTIVELY playing the game. We have a few people playing the game, and a few that are pawns. Rob and John are playing the game. Kathy is somewhat playing the game, but is more just there for some type of personal gratification in my eyes.

I don't think Rob wants John gone YET. John is a loose cannon. He tells the truth and he blabs everything. For Rob, who is trying to strategize and mislead others, he needs a John around. We know he has learned Zoe will lie. As much as he respects this (because it mirrors himself), that is a threat to him winning the game.

In that John is so firm on telling the truth and showing his cards, he has already told R/J/V that they are Rotu and that N/K/P will go first before any of them. If he goes against that, he automatically loses 2 jury votes, and loses the trust of the rest of his alliance. He MUST vote against K/N/P at this point in time. Rob knows this and goes along with it ONCE to get the numbers closer...Right now it is 4-3-3....If he can get rid of a New Maraamy, its 4-3-2. The 3 and the 2 get rid of the 4, then the 3 gets rid of the 2, and he has himself into the Top 3. (I don't think it will work out this way, but will start out that way)....

Why get rid of Neleh instead of Kathy? One...Kathy peed on John...he has to feel somewhat obligated to her for that...Kathy gets food....Neleh is joined at the hip with Paschal....break up a two-people voting bloc, earn Paschal's loyalty....Paschal lost his "son" Gabe, now his "daughter" Neleh, he will be FURIOUS with his old tribemates and we may see Pappy have "son" Rob, and fosterchildren "Vee and Sean"...

Now saying that, maybe Paschal and Rob will become the two peas in a pod....NOW that would be scary!

But I would FAR more likely see Neleh get booted than Kathy....

Another small thing I noticed is Neleh leading the group prayer may not sit comfortably with control mongers John and Rob and be another thing on her belt...as well as potentially doing well in the challenge...

Teddy_Bear 1675 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

04-11-02, 03:24 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Teddy_Bear Click to send private message to Teddy_Bear Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Thanks!"
After reading your post, it started to make sense to me. I know that Rob detests John, but you're right cowyboyroo, John, ironically, is the weakest link. If the Robfather doesn't have stupid written on his forehead; he will whittle the remaining OLdRotu alliance of Z/T/V and save John for last. The smartest way to go about this IMHO, is Z/R/T/J. IF Rob really wants to get John; this would be the best way to do it, IMO.

lazydazes 28 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

04-10-02, 02:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail lazydazes Click to send private message to lazydazes Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: SOTS - Episode 7"
Thanks ic for this post!

One more thing to add - I posted on 4/6/02 a thread titled "Could John be the next to go" - (I would post the link here but I am not quite sure how?? It is now on page 2 if anyone wants to go read it!)

I thought I gave a pretty good argument for John being the next one to be booted - however only 3 people replied (thanks to TeamJoisey, Spidey and samboohoo for at least responding!). I thought the John boot discussion deserved its own thread instead of being under other threads - after all, it looks as though John has as a good chance of being booted (at least as good a chance as Rob or Kathy in my opinion!).

Anyway, I quess it just got lost as vaild posts sometimes do!

This week will be an interesting one for sure! It seems nothing is obvious this time around.

true 9689 desperate attention whore postings

04-10-02, 04:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail true Click to send private message to true Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: SOTS - Episode 7"
lazydazes,

Actually, a link to your thresd is included in the SOTS, under Johns Alliance.

Thanks ICB, for a very well organized SOTS. I'm not sure what to make of this weeks lack of concrete information. I'm kinda hoping for some last minute info, to help me decide. At this point, I will not write that man's name (ROB) on the vote thresd. Nightscribes post on this thresd is very convincing, but I just can't bring myself to do it! I am holding out hope, that he stays around and at least makes the jury. Otherwise, the rest of the show will turn into a big bore. *yawn*

I do find the Kathy goes on April 11, a pretty shakey spoiler. The one thing that makes me want to believe it, is the timing of it. If it was just posted this week, (or last) I would dismiss it completely. However, it's been around for awhile, and it makes me wonder, if it is a complete hoax, why pick April 11? If anything, it looked like Kathy would go much sooner. It does make me wonder. For this reason, and the fact that I can't bring myself to vote for Rob, I am leaning toward Kathy. The only other one that makes sense is Sean. (if Rob wins immunity)

Thanks again for all the hard work that went into this post, ICB. It's very much appreciated.

true

True friends stab you in the front -Oscar Wilde

lazydazes 28 desperate attention whore postings

04-10-02, 08:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail lazydazes Click to send private message to lazydazes Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: SOTS - Episode 7"
Thanks true! I did not look under John's Alliance b/c that was not what my original thread was titled ---- it threw me off ----my fault! Thanks for setting me straight - that's lack of experience for ya I guess!

Thanks icb for including my thread in your post - I did not realize you had done so!

Thanks again true!

Teddy_Bear 1675 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

04-11-02, 06:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Teddy_Bear Click to send private message to Teddy_Bear Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: SOTS - Episode 7"
>Thanks ic for this post!
>
>I posted on 4/6/02 a
>thread titled "Could John be
>the next to go" -
>It is
>now on page 2 if
>anyone wants to go read
>it!)
>
>I thought I gave a pretty
>good argument for John being
>the next one to be
>booted - however only 3
>people replied (thanks to TeamJoisey,
>Spidey and samboohoo for at
>least responding!). I THOUGHT THE
>JOHN BOOT DISSCUSSION DESERVED ITS
>OWN THREAD INSTEAD OF BEING
>UNDER OTHER THREADS - after
>all, it looks as though
>John has as a good
>chance of being booted.
>
>Anyway, I quess it just got
>lost as vaild posts sometimes
>do!

Since your post got "lost," and you made the wise decision to reply this one; why did you not re-state your original arguement?

In your reply:
#1: You refer to an argument not in the current forum.
#2: You thank the posters who responded.
#3: You intrigue us with your theory.
#4: You thank the poster responsible for this thread.

#5 You don't reveal anything about your "argument," and expect us to hunt for it?
#6 HINT: Although, I understand your frusration at not having more responses; it would do you no harm to check your attitide at the door .

diamond 2307 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

04-11-02, 07:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail diamond Click to send private message to diamond Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: SOTS - Episode 7"
LAST EDITED ON 04-11-02 AT 07:25 PM (EST)

Teddy Bear -

Before you make remarks about the "attitude" of others, you might want to keep the following things in mind. This message board has more than one page. At both the bottom and the top, there are convenient little number buttons that allow you to go to the other pages. lazydazes's thread is not in some other forum, as you seem to think, but is right there on the third page of this one. If you read some of the posts above yours, you'll see that ic did in fact link to it. While the SOTS is definitely a huge help to those of us who don't always have time to read everything, I believe, and I suspect that others will agree, that it is not unreasonable to expect you to "hunt" for something once in a while.

Speaking of hunting for threads, here's a great one I found on the fifth page: it's sleeeve's Guidelines thread!

MeToo 158 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

04-10-02, 02:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MeToo Click to send private message to MeToo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "Thank You SOOOO Much!!!!"
You're the best, IdiotCowboy!!!

Now that all the spoilers are under one roof, I can safely predict that it will be one of either John, Rob or Kathy. Failing that, the backups are Zoe, Sean and Neleh. Because these guys never do anything that makes sense, that means it will be Tammy, Vee or Pascal. Therefore, by process of elimination, it must be Robert. That is, if none of the other theories hold.

PagongRatEater 12996 desperate attention whore postings

04-10-02, 03:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PagongRatEater Click to send private message to PagongRatEater Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "Evil John theory"
I am so humbled by having one of my own thresds mentioned in SOTS. I can definitely now die happy. Great work on the SOTS, I think it is a great final review before finally casting the vote.

There really is very little spoiler help this week, but I am going to stick my neck out and suggest that MB has been setting John up as the new Rich (what is it about island Survivors that attracts the nude gay man?) and I don't think that we are going to lose him so soon. I think Rob has just about reached the end of his usefulness to the plot line and he will be the next to go. I think the biggest part of the sentiment for John getting support as the bootee is that lots of people WANT him to go. There has been a pattern of building antipathy for certain survivors before giving them the boot and I think that we are going to grow to loathe John before he goes.

My vote will be for Rob. I just don't see those seven being able to get together in time to get John voted off. Rob's story is almost done. Now it is time for John to move to center stage...

sleeeve 3456 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

04-10-02, 03:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sleeeve Click to send private message to sleeeve Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "Thanks so much, ICB!!!"
As ICB mentioned, the blue men are all really busy (something about keeping our real jobs by doing real work)... Anyway... I'll repeat a request from earlier this season... if there's anyone that would like to try a SOTS for a future Ep, please feel free to volunteer, because we can always use the help... Thanks!

... and thanks again, ICB!! This looks great!

You never know what might be up my sleeeve...

NightScribe 761 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

04-10-02, 04:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail NightScribe Click to send private message to NightScribe Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: SOTS - Episode 7"
Great work ICB! You and the beaked one sure are invaluable around these parts. I so enjoy perusing SOTS before I vote and have missed it the last few weeks, so, ICB "You complete me".

Now, as to who will get the boot. Well, I'm a writer, so I naturally follow storylines, and noticed the storyline being fed to us since the swap.

1. Rob asks the original Rotu members "do you consider those guys more Rotu than us?" Gabe, Tammy, and the General all reassure him that they are just as much Rotu as anyone else. (yeah, right! That's why you formed a four man alliance with your original Rotuians)

2. Maraamu: Gina narrates episode 6. We are a family, Gabe was like Pappy's son, family, family, family. Jiffy asks the tiny tribe "Hey, if you were to merge now, would you all ditch Gina and join with your original members?" Why no! We would go in together as a family of four. (Yeah right! That's why you booted Gina liars!)

3. John gets a "plan" to take out his old tribemates and keep the only people in this game who can fry his butt. (Yeah right! That's why you wanted to throw the challenge and vote out Rob).

Okay, I think you're getting my drift here, right? The story being told to us is that old tribal loyalties are gone. The switch worked! They're going to team up against each other and the Love Tribe will eat itself alive!!!!!!

Wrong.

Actions speak louder than words my dear, lost, pathetic survivor contestants. You can blah, blah, blah all you want about how "things have changed. We're different now," but the bottom line is that the seven original Rotu plan to vote out the 'Moos.

Rob gets waxed unless he wins immunity, then it's Sean.

VanQ 87 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

04-10-02, 05:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail VanQ Click to send private message to VanQ Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: SOTS - Episode 7"
Thank you Nightscribe! Those were my thoughts exactly. It makes perfect sense, throwing us off track and believing that the switch actually broke up the Rotu love tribe.
I think that the very heated arguement that John and Rob have in front of others will give John the excuse needed to break from Rob. As well as the fact that Rob keeps taunting Zoe and calling her a liar. I think that K/N/P will side with Zoe over Rob,especially given what they had heard from Gina.

samboohoo 17173 desperate attention whore postings

04-10-02, 04:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail samboohoo Click to send private message to samboohoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: SOTS - Episode 7"
Thanks for the thread, Cowboy.

I think that John is going to go this week based on my whole theory surrounding the circumstances of Gabe's ousting and a little bit of irony. John asked Gabe if he (Gabe) would lie to stay in the game. It was pretty much implied that John would. It looks like Tammy is really not fond of this alliance, Robert is in it because it appears safe and he doesn't want the crap, and Zoe -- well we're still trying to figure that one out. The irony part of it is that Tammy, Robert and Zoe lied to John about an alliance and will turn on him. (Yes John, I would lie to stay in the game.)

I also think that no one appreciated John's "leader" comment at the Rotu TC. Nor did they appreciate his new sense of "openess" with them. (Memo to John: It's okay to come out of the closet, just bring some clothes with you!!)

And speaking of John's revelation: Now that we know he's gay, we can pretty much assume he's aware of the physical threats Sean and Rob present. Don't think he won't take them out of immunity challenge competition the first chance he gets. Too late for ousting them. Rob or Sean will win immunity this week. (I give Sean a chance if it doesn't require too much physical activity.) Too many negative vibes surrounding John.

Unless, there is no fire at the merged camp -- that may be the start of Kathy's demise.

MakeItStop 1098 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

04-10-02, 04:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MakeItStop Click to send private message to MakeItStop Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: SOTS - Episode 7"
I'm still on the fence -- can't decide between Rob and Kathy. ICB you mentioned that some people have voted for Kathy but haven't explained why. So I thought I would list a few reasons why it might be Kathy's turn...

- Sarah said "Rob would fit in over there nicely" when talking about Rob being switched to Rotu. This isn't exactly the way that I see it -- so far. So does this mean that Rob stays a bit longer?

- Kathy visited Hunter. Maybe they became friends at loser lodge.

- ViewFromHere said that Rob, Sean and Vee were in the F6. I didn't actually read VFH's post (I think it was on EZ), so I'm not sure if this spoiler has mutated or not. Also, some have wondered if this was speculation on VFH's part.

- A friend of a friend (?) says that Kathy goes 7th.

ulalame 778 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

04-10-02, 06:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ulalame Click to send private message to ulalame Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "More on why Kathy could be next."
LAST EDITED ON 04-10-02 AT 06:54 PM (EST)

(1) The Kathy spoiler said she went on 4/11 (i.e. Episode 7).

(2) There is a weight loss spoiler of 25-30 lbs. As she has already lost a significant amount of weight, I think this spoiler could ring true even if she goes now rather than later (i.e. I don't think she needs to be in the game any longer to satisfy this spoiler).

(3) I think the preview showing Kathy in the shot by the waterfall, and her quote that "Zoe is lying to me, they're all lying to me . . ." is Kathy talking talking about the Rotu-4. It remains to be determined, though, what they are lying to her about. I think it is a denial of the 4 person alliance, and the reasons leading to the boot of Gabe. The fact that she's smiling in the shot means maybe they are also lying to her that Rotu is going to stick together, which would lead her to distrust Rob (this also due to Gina's badmouthing him) and stick with Rotu rather than joining up with the OldMoos. Unfortunately for Kathy, this will backfire, and she's a goner.

The rest of my reasons justifying a Kathy boot are more based on why I don't think the other likely candidates (Rob, John) will go until later. First, I don't think their story-arcs are completed. While I don't think Rob is going to last until the end, I think he WILL last long enough to "find a way to take out John." I do NOT think Rob is being edited like Silas, for instance, who was booted right after bragging that he was going to win it. Rob has given confessionals in which he admits he's in the minority and in a weak position, and admits that he doesn't have an angle or plan for how to remain in the game longer, but he's determined to keep trying to find one if he can. I just don't think MB would play up his strategizing ability, and his underdog status, if he was going to totally fail. I think Rob is being set up as sort of an anti-hero; even on the spoiler boards, after last week's episode, many people started to have begrudging admiration for his ability to endure despite it all. It could be that some Jerri-like redeeming is going on, but I don't think so. After all, Jerri wasn't really redeemed in the sense that we liked or admired or were rooting for her at the time she got the boot; MB merely "softened" her up and showed the viewers that she wasn't a total a$$, before she was booted. I think Rob is too much of a "star" of this season to go this soon.

Re. John, I think he has been exposed as a weak leader (i.e. Tammy didn't go with his suggestion to throw the challenge, Zoe contradicted his statement of alliance); plus, I think that the "Rotu4" is the strategy revealed that will probably not succeed. And, I think he will make the mistake of targeting a NewMoo in Episode 7, e.g. Kathy, and it will set in motion the events that lead to his own ouster--the targeting of an oldRotu (Kathy) by the Rotu 4 will be what it takes for N/P to overcome their Gina-created suspicion of Rob, and join him in the next episode, in which John goes. I think Episode 7 is too soon for Kathy, Neleh and Paschal to turn their backs on oldRotu, so John is safe for one more week.

Whew, that was a long post! Hope it helps.

DVK 33 desperate attention whore postings

04-10-02, 04:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail DVK Click to send private message to DVK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: SOTS - Episode 7"
It seems to me that no one on OLD ROTU or OLD MARAMU look at New MARAMU as anything but pawns to use as voting numbers until later in the game. They won't want to piss them off by voting one of them off because any two vote bloc is formidable but they won't look at them as an immunity threat either. Both stronger factions will attempt to use them to get rid of the real percieved threat Rob or John or in the case of an immunity, their 2nds Sean or Tammy. If John chooses to go after anyone from New Maramu he runs the risk of the others aligning and creating hard feeling (more hard feelings) with previous friends (He has never been friends with Rob, Sean)and I don't believe he will ever trust them where he could K/P/N.
I interpret the promo scene where John, Rob, and Sean are arguing and John walks away mad saying all bets are off and Rob says "it's on" as proof that they will go after Old Maramu without looking like they are going back on his word. Kathys reaction about lying is, I think, about the old Rotu alignment but not enough to vote with old maramu. I don't think that K/P/N will align with the remaining 2 of R/S/V they will still think they are part of the more powerful group that they know and once loved and anything can happen in the days ahead.

I voted for Sean to go because I think that Rob wins immunity and Sean is next in line or at least next most disliked by the other group. Vee is a wild card that will play later in the game. I didn't like Rob at all in early episodes but the boy has game and he is a silver tounged devil. I hope he finds a way to stay for awhile.

Dirk

IceCat 17415 desperate attention whore postings

04-10-02, 04:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail IceCat Click to send private message to IceCat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "Great Work Cowboy..."
This will be a great help to the spoilers.

Thanks for taking the time to do it.

OUTSPOIL! OUTSPOOF! OUTRAGEOUS!

Outfrontgirl 6830 desperate attention whore postings

04-11-02, 03:10 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Outfrontgirl Click to send private message to Outfrontgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: SOTS - Episode 7"
Just want to thank ICB for doing all this work and presenting everything so thoroughly. You definitely have a talent ICB, look out Hawkeye and the EITS (your biggest rival), because the SOTS is a contender.

Also want to say I love Nightscribe's story line and it makes perfect sense.

Speaking of story arcs: we all like a good story, but sometimes when we talk about how someone's story isn't finished yet we sound like we think Burnett can control how long he gets to have a character to work with. Sorry, I don't buy that.

He has to write the story after the fact, and sometimes he will lose a great character earlier than he would like, or a sexy girl won't last as long as he would like. Boots happen.

Jeff Varner was so entertaining that he was functioning as the main narrator for Kucha right up until his boot in Ep 7. We could have deduced from his status as narrator/star personality that he went far, but the merge did him in.

If the same thing happened to Rob, what could Burnett do? NOT use Rob as an underdog because he failed? NOT show John prating about being the leader even though John succeeded for awhile and didn't get the ironic kick in the pants he deserved from his allies?

I don't think so. Burnett has been going with what makes good TV, episode by episode.

Now, whatever story a character had in the game, whether Rob or John, Burnett will try to give it some closure, but that only takes one episode if there's been good prior face time.

If a character never does anything of entertainment value, then they may only get the episode before their boot in which they become cameraworthy, even though they are jury members. Personality counts for getting face time, IMO.

If someone who is not very flashy or a "sweetheart" and is UTR in the conflicts consistently gets some face time, then I think they probably have staying power. The only one I see who fits that profile right now would be Tammy. She is not really doing anything central, but she gets confessionals.

To conclude, Rob ran his tribe into the ground and got control--then lost control--then survived two unlikely more times due to the Gabe boot and the Mara loss. He's had a MAJOR impact on the game, and his story was key. He has shaped the whole game.

That doesn't mean he doesn't get booted when it comes down to the merge and he can't swing the votes. One of Rob's favorite hobbies listed is playing cards. Most card players accept the fact that they get a run of luck and then get a hand that they can't do anything with, no? Survivor is a game where one round with a bad hand can knock you out of the running.

Rob seems to have both persistence and a fatalism that eventually his luck will run out, since the swap. He will not go quietly, looks like, but he'll go, IMHO.

And then someone else's story will get pushed to the forefront.

Mitrelleum 257 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

04-11-02, 04:30 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Mitrelleum Click to send private message to Mitrelleum Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: SOTS - Episode 7"
Just wanted to throw in the idea of a possible tie vote in which Vee votes with the Rotu 4 for Kathy, and Rob and Sean convince Kathy and the New Mu's to vote for John.
Does that sound at all likely? It supports a Kathy or John boot, especially if Rob wins immunity.
Kathy might go for it if a)Rob and Kathy spend ambassador time together, and b)Kathy's disbelief of Zoe and "everybody's" lie causes her to seek revenge and staying power. Paschal and Neleh might easily agree after Kathy tells them Rob's story, and perhaps want to get John back for voting off Gabe.
Also the possible foreshadowing of Vee defecting from the Old Mu alliance may cause her to take her chances at Rotu 4. Vee's only good reason for voting with Rotu is if she knows that John's alliance members may possibly toss him out early, letting Vee at least into the final four. At this rate, this thing could go in so many directions, it's anybody's game.

SurvivaBear 2634 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

04-11-02, 12:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivaBear Click to send private message to SurvivaBear Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: SOTS - Episode 7"
First, Thanks ICB. I have really missed the SOTS. Of course, the spoiling has not been so good recently. I am leaning toward Rob getting the boot and Kathy winning the IC. However, Krautboy has led me astray before, so you never know.

Beware the Bear!

Thanks IceCat!

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •