The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Secret Alliance?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Teddy_Bear 1675 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

04-09-02, 08:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Teddy_Bear Click to send private message to Teddy_Bear Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
"Secret Alliance?"
According to a columnist named Paul@Survivorfire.com, the rumoured secret alliance could be between Rob and Neleh ! ! ! . According to this source, Sarah alledgedly went to Utah to visit Rob and his girlfriend, Neleh!!! A waitress at a resturant where Gabe worked--not Belly, told him that John would place 5th or 6th--he (the columnist)'s not too convinced about that, however. What do you guys think? Rob and Neleh . . . Could there possibly be a more implausible couple than that? It sounds kind of fishy to me. I just thought I'd throw it out there as this columnist feels pretty confident about the Rob/Neleh alliance?/romance?

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Secret Alliance? Naked 04-09-02 1
   RE: Secret Alliance? Teddy_Bear 04-09-02 3
 RE: Secret Alliance? tylermathers 04-09-02 2
   Pashal and Vee (RE: Secret Alliance... Teddy_Bear 04-09-02 4
 Please lock this crap shakes the clown 04-09-02 5
   RE: Why do you have to be such a bu... Teddy_Bear 04-09-02 6
       maybe you're new here, but..... shakes the clown 04-09-02 7
           RE: maybe you're new here, but..... Teddy_Bear 04-09-02 8
               RE: maybe you're new here, but..... sleeeve 04-10-02 9
                   RE: maybe you're new here, but..... Teddy_Bear 04-10-02 12
 RE: Secret Alliance? JeffGator 04-10-02 10
   RE: Secret Alliance? Teddy_Bear 04-10-02 11
       RE: Secret Alliance? JeffGator 04-10-02 13
           RE: Secret Alliance? Teddy_Bear 04-10-02 14
               RE: Secret Alliance? JeffGator 04-10-02 15
                   RE: Secret Alliance? Teddy_Bear 04-10-02 16
                       RE: Secret Alliance? JeffGator 04-10-02 17
 A brief history of SB sleeeve 04-10-02 18

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Naked 887 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

04-09-02, 08:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Naked Click to send private message to Naked Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Secret Alliance?"
I just read the article that you are refering to, and I find no validity to it. It is poorly written, and has no verifiable sources to back it up. The writer also contradicts himself in several places in it.

Thanks for pointing it out, it was an enjoyable read, but i don't think that there is anything to a Neleh/Rob romance.

04-09-02, 08:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Teddy_Bear Click to send private message to Teddy_Bear Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Secret Alliance?"
Yeah, I'm suspicious too but I thought I throw it out there anyway. The writer surmises--'though I don't know how--that since Gina said that she visited several people in California besides Hunter (AKA "The Early Show;" so ipsofacto (*exuse the incorrect spelling and/or terminology) she MUST, of course, then visit Vecepia. The writer then goes on to make the amusing asumption that there is no Gina/Hunter romance-duh, a poster on another board named Pamela (Again, I apoligise for the incorrect spelling) postes a picture that clearly showed Gina/Hunter cuddling in a definately unfrienship-like way! But wait: the best part is that Gina's so-called inexplicable absence in mentioning Vee's name *defacto leads the poor misguided writer to "logically"? conclude that Vee's time is up. LOL.

tylermathers 19 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

04-09-02, 08:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tylermathers Click to send private message to tylermathers Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Secret Alliance?"
For what it's worth, I think we are owed romance in the remaining episodes. Before Ep 1, there were a lot of articles/hype about how S4 would be the "sexiest one yet"... one article posted on this board (from San Jose, I think... San something) went so far as to suggest we'd be seeing people screw on camera. While I highly doubt that, was I the only one who found the whole Rob & Sarah thing a little... tame? Correct me if I'm wrong, but they never were shown so much as kissing!

My point is, the hype far exceeded what has played out on TV so far -- I guess Rob/Neleh is as good a guess as any to make up that deficit. (Except of course Paschal & Vee, whose animal lust for one another is really quite embarrassing.)

Back to lurking...

Tyler

04-09-02, 08:54 PM (EST)
4. "Pashal and Vee (RE: Secret Alliance?"
Hahahahaha ! "Pappy and Vee--animal lust? Whose next John/Robert? *Note: IF this wasn't a reply to a reply to a post, I'd take it to Bashers. LOL.

shakes the clown 3366 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

04-09-02, 09:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail shakes%20the%20clown Click to send private message to shakes%20the%20clown Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "Please lock this crap"
Bleu men, feel free to jump in and lock this crap. And TeddyBear, how about being a little more responsible with what you post on the spoiler board, especially if you are going to start an entirely new thresd.

In the future, if you want to post original spoilers, at least try and use some common sense to determine the validity of the spoiler, like for instance a big red flag is always if there is NO source listed. Another good clue is when the article in question is obviously the dumbest friggen thing ever written, and the idiocy of its author is only matched by any moron who would possibly believe it.

Anyone who has been paying attention to this season would know that Sara went to visit Neleh and her FAMILY in Utah. Rob lives in Boston, which is a city not located in Utah in case you didn't know.

Alright Bleu men, you may lock now.

04-09-02, 09:24 PM (EST)
6. "RE: Why do you have to be such a bully?"
LAST EDITED ON 04-09-02 AT 10:37 PM (EST)

Shakes, I knew it would be a matter of time before you flamed me; so I'm not surprised. I'm sceptical of this author too, but if you actually read the article in question; you would know that the authour claims--*Note--I said "claimed" to have credible sources. The author does claim to have credible sources? If you have a problem with this article, why don't don't send your complaints to survivorfire.com. I've surfed numerous Survivor sites and this one seems as legit as any other. If you are right and the author is not legit, you are flaming the wrong person. I strongly urge you to contact this website and voice your opinions. While the spoiler may be questionable, my posting of it is not. Would it kill you to employ a kindler, gentler aproach in the future? I know that I'm not the first and I'm damn sure I won't be the last !! Have some compassion, will ya man ?!?

shakes the clown 3366 desperate attention whore postings

04-09-02, 09:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail shakes%20the%20clown Click to send private message to shakes%20the%20clown Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "maybe you're new here, but....."
LAST EDITED ON 04-09-02 AT 09:34 PM (EST)

>Would it kill you to
>employ a kindler, gentler aproach
>in the future?

...this IS the kindler, gentler approach.

> Shakes, I knew
>it would be a matter
>of time before you flamed
>me; so I'm not surprised.

..what made you think that? Considering I only flame people who clearly deserve it sounds like you've been suffering from a guilty conscious for a long time.

> I don't give this
>source much credibility either, but
>if you actually read the
>article in question; you would
>know that the authour claims--*Note--I
>said "claimed" to have credible
>sources. While the spoiler
>may be questionable, my posting
>of it is not.

...sure it is. First of all, you admit that YOU don't even find this credible which is more than enough reason to NOT post it. Secondly, if you still felt the need to post this drivel, then why waste the space of the board by giving it its own thresd when there are already SEVERAL thresds on the first page alone where this could've easily been posted...such as Dawg's thresd about CBS misdirection and the "unlikely alliance" or one of the many thresds dedicated to compiling all the spoiling info we have on the players who might get booted this week.

Your first crime was in even posting this crap, but your biggest crime was in giving it its own thresd.

>Have some compassion, will ya
>man ?!?

no.

04-09-02, 09:47 PM (EST)
8. "RE: maybe you're new here, but....."
LAST EDITED ON 04-09-02 AT 10:45 PM (EST)

I did not post this as reply to another post because it did not relate to anyother post. Where does it state, anywhere on this forum that you must know--beyond a shadow of a doubt that an article is true. Please forgive me if I'm not as experienced as you purport to be. At least, I would try to help inexperienced spoilers who sincerely are trying to do the best job they can! Why don't you help us instead. I for one am eager to be guided by more experienced spoilers than myself. I don't know what you mean by " a guilty conscience?"--a little projection, perhaps. FYI, I felt this way weeks before I even got an account. To paraphrase Gertrude Stein, A bully is bully is a bully! I'm not surprised that you feel no remorse. I'm not that naive.

sleeeve 3456 desperate attention whore postings

04-10-02, 00:11 AM (EST)
Click to EMail sleeeve Click to send private message to sleeeve Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: maybe you're new here, but....."
>I for one am eager
>to be guided by more
>experienced spoilers than myself.

Well... in that case, my first suggestion is that when you post an article that you believe to not be true, to at least mention your doubt in your original post...

Yes... a lot of spoiling is finding information, but the majority of the work is analyzing it. If you wanted to post an article like this one, perhaps a few words about how you disbelieved the facts would go a long way to explain your intent in posting it (ie: here's a possibility reported on another site, although it doesn't appear to have much factual basis...)

Additionally, I agree with what shakes mentioned in his post: there are other threads discussing the unlikely alliance, so it might have been more appropriate to post this message on one of those threads if you indeed believed it to be as shakey (no pun intended) as it seems.

That said... I will not lock this thread, just in case it turns out that this article turns out to be true... stranger things have happened (although I doubt it).

You never know what might be up my sleeeve...

04-10-02, 00:33 AM (EST)
12. "RE: maybe you're new here, but....."
LAST EDITED ON 04-10-02 AT 00:40 AM (EST)

Thanks Sleeve, for giving me chance. Why couldn't he do the same? I didn't believe it to be shakey just higly implausable. The guy claimed he had sources and was very specific. I'm just learning. Now I'm afraid to post anything. Why doesn't somebody lock his posts? All he does is spread venom, anyhow.

JeffGator 1401 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

04-10-02, 00:25 AM (EST)
Click to EMail JeffGator Click to send private message to JeffGator Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Secret Alliance?"
Hey Teddy Bear, I would like to thank you for the post. I think it's great, and gives us a new idea to ponder.
Don't mind Shakes the Clown, he is just a bully and gets pleasure in making fun of others since he's so perfect and has never made any mistakes in his life.
It's people like him that make others feel uncomfortable on this board. Anyway, Congratulations on a great post Teddy Bear.

04-10-02, 00:31 AM (EST)
11. "RE: Secret Alliance?"
Thanks Jeff . You're right. Everyone seem to be afraid of this "clown". Why do they let him get away with it for so long?

04-10-02, 00:40 AM (EST)
Click to EMail JeffGator Click to send private message to JeffGator Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Secret Alliance?"
"Thanks Jeff. You're right. Everyone seem to be afraid of this "clown". Why do they let him get away with it for so long?"

You're welcome Teddy_Bear, it's about time someone stood up to him. Anyway he was a contestant on the reality show "Love Cruise," so that apparently makes him the authority on all other reality shows.

04-10-02, 00:43 AM (EST)
14. "RE: Secret Alliance?"
Really, I actually watched part of that thing. Do you know if he's Anthony? A columnist at RNOL mentioned a nasty guy named A. Just wondering?

04-10-02, 00:48 AM (EST)
15. "RE: Secret Alliance?"
No, not Anthony, he's Michael, the attorney.

04-10-02, 00:58 AM (EST)
16. "RE: Secret Alliance?"
Wow, I'm really surprised ! I read an interview about Lisa--another contestant. She said he was really sweet. I guess that's because she kissed him LOL. From what I can see, I'm on his bad side and he's probably going to try to get me booted off this board. Sigh. Hey Michael, I was rooting for you to win that thing. . Please don't get me kicked off like you did Lisa.

04-10-02, 01:03 AM (EST)
17. "RE: Secret Alliance?"
Haha, I liked Michael on the show too, but he's really mean on this board. What is Lisa's nickname on the board, ItzLisa?

sleeeve 3456 desperate attention whore postings

04-10-02, 01:26 AM (EST)
Click to EMail sleeeve Click to send private message to sleeeve Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "A brief history of SB"
There weren't always four mods here. Back in S2, there was in fact only one... SurvivorBlows (the webmaster of this site).

During S2, it was pretty much up to the members of this site to police it, and 99% of the policing was done by the combo of AyaK (now a moderator) and shakes the clown. It was a good cop, bad cop system... shakes came in and laid down the law, and AyaK provided the type of post that I just gave... offering advice and reassurance.

Now, between S2 and S3, Webby decided that it was time to bring on a team of moderators, so that the community would have people to police it, and there wouldn't be a necessity for flaming. As such, the spoiler board has become relatively flame free.

There are some that have actually complained that we've become *too* flame-free, believe it or not... but that's not the issue, here.

I think the biggest difference in shakes and my style is that, while shakes states his opinion on a thread that seems to be inappropriate, I tend to ignore them and hope that our intelligent spoilers (which 99% of you are) will ignore the post and allow it to drop off the page.

Why this approach? Well... unless the post is a blatant violation of the rules, or is an obvious duplicate (which this isn't, for example), then the thread *may* serve a purpose or eventually become useful... I've been in the spoiling game long enough to know two things:

1) If a post doesn't ring right, it probably is wrong.
2) For every 10 posts that follow rule #1, there's one that actually turns out to be right.

Thus... as long as a post isn't needlessly bumped... it will fall to page 2 or 3, and if it turns out to be factual, can be quickly bumped back to page one, where it can be re-examined.

Anyway... back to your comments about locking shakes' posts, Teddy_Bear... why don't you re-read shakes' original post to you:

In the future, if you want to post original spoilers, at least try and use some common sense to determine the validity of the spoiler, like for instance a big red flag is always if there is NO source listed. Another good clue is when the article in question is obviously the dumbest friggen thing ever written, and the idiocy of its author is only matched by any moron who would possibly believe it.

Anyone who has been paying attention to this season would know that Sara went to visit Neleh and her FAMILY in Utah. Rob lives in Boston, which is a city not located in Utah in case you didn't know.

And here's mine, a little later in the thread:

Well... in that case, my first suggestion is that when you post an article that you believe to not be true, to at least mention your doubt in your original post...

Yes... a lot of spoiling is finding information, but the majority of the work is analyzing it. If you wanted to post an article like this one, perhaps a few words about how you disbelieved the facts would go a long way to explain your intent in posting it (ie: here's a possibility reported on another site, although it doesn't appear to have much factual basis...)

Additionally, I agree with what shakes mentioned in his post: there are other threads discussing the unlikely alliance, so it might have been more appropriate to post this message on one of those threads if you indeed believed it to be as shakey (no pun intended) as it seems.

The only differences that I see between the content of our posts is that shakes wanted the thread locked (a valid argument) and I've chosen to let it remain unlocked... although not for long... he even offered you some advice on how to spoil, what to look for, and how to fit in...

While shakes may not have used flowery language and instead simply stated the facts, I would hardly view his post as "venom"... instead, shakes is doing what he was so good at back during S2... reminding people of the site guidelines when it appears that they need it... (something that should *not* be confused with flaming!!!)

That said... I hope that you (and any other relatively new members) won't be "afraid to post"... you'll find that we *do* want to hear your theories and what you have to say, but the best way to get us to listen is to share information in places where we're already looking for it, and to provide your insight where you think it will be helpful... you'd be surprised at how quickly you'll fit right in with our spoiler team.

...and now that this post has gone completely off topic, I'm locking it.

You never know what might be up my sleeeve...

Unlock | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •