The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"IC Poll"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

BaquaR13 1336 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

04-09-02, 06:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail BaquaR13 Click to send private message to BaquaR13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"IC Poll"
I think that as spoilers, it is our duty to figure out who wins the immunity challenges. I know that during the Australia one someone had an immunity poll, but then stopped. So i thought i would bring it back. The rules are exactly the same as the Boot poll that Superman/Sherpa does. Do i need to copy and paste those rules in here? Uhhh, naw, everyone who is voting there is probably voting here too. Just remember to reply to this post only and to put the name of who you think will win the Immunity Challenge in the heading. If you want to include what it will be and why you think a certain person will win it, please do so. OK, LET'S VOTE!

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 Rob MeToo 04-09-02 1
 JOHN VanQ 04-09-02 2
 Kathy SurvivaBear 04-09-02 3
   RE: Kathy Ra_8secs 04-09-02 9
 Sean TechNoir 04-09-02 4
 Sean Naked 04-09-02 5
 Robert cowboyroo 04-09-02 6
   RE: Robert Ra_8secs 04-09-02 10
 Rob (Re: IC Poll) Teddy_Bear 04-09-02 7
 Rob soulSurvivor_23 04-09-02 8
 Rob Spidey 04-09-02 11
 Rob Cosmogirl 04-09-02 12
 Rob Granvil the 4th 04-09-02 13
 Kathy I_AM_HE 04-09-02 14
 Rob Mitrelleum 04-10-02 15
 Robert JeffGator 04-10-02 16
 Sean princesstan 04-10-02 17
 Rob bubsy 04-10-02 18
 Rob Cin 04-10-02 19
 John Bebo 04-10-02 20
 Rob Wacko Jacko 04-10-02 21
 Zoe Connie E 04-10-02 22
 Rob sorgee 04-10-02 23
   Zoe managerr 04-10-02 24
 Kathy lroy 04-10-02 25
 Tammy steppingrazor42 04-10-02 26
 Sean Tumbler 04-10-02 27
 Kathy MC_Hampster 04-10-02 28
 RE: IC Poll samboohoo 04-10-02 29
   Sean ycartdraw 04-11-02 53
 Rob DVK 04-10-02 30
 Sean smokedog 04-10-02 31
 Rob Mariano lazykid 04-10-02 32
 Sean katem 04-10-02 33
 Angry Sean strone 04-10-02 34
 John Seyz 04-10-02 35
 Sean jenbug 04-10-02 36
 Rob lazydazes 04-10-02 37
 Votes to Here.... Kokoro 04-10-02 38
 John BaquaR13 04-10-02 39
   Rules Violation samboohoo 04-11-02 50
 Rob jancan 04-10-02 40
 Rob VargasBros 04-10-02 41
 Zoe Kokoro 04-10-02 42
 Neleh bergdogg 04-10-02 43
 Tammy ShowMeTheWinner 04-11-02 44
 Kathy AyaK 04-11-02 45
 Kathy tribephyl 04-11-02 46
 Neleh SurvivinDawg 04-11-02 47
 Kathy hrc2u 04-11-02 48
 Kathy mindysue 04-11-02 49
 Pappy DeclaringJihadOnSurvivor 04-11-02 51
 The Robfather ejm92 04-11-02 52
 Sean 5Foot3 04-11-02 54
 Tammy sittem 04-11-02 55
 Sean AresMars 04-11-02 56
 John PagongRatEater 04-11-02 57
 Tammy idiotcowboy 04-11-02 58
 Vee Java 04-11-02 59
 Sean smiles 04-11-02 60
 RE: IC Poll SurvivaBear 04-11-02 61
 Kathy munson 04-11-02 62
 Kathy sleeeve 04-11-02 63
 Robert wepaxson 04-11-02 64
 Kathy. anotherkim 04-11-02 65
 Rob tjack 04-11-02 66
 Kathy bebekid 04-11-02 67
 RE: Rob janisella 04-11-02 68
 Rob IceCat 04-11-02 69
 Kathy survivorscott 04-11-02 70
 Kathy SurvivorBlows 04-11-02 71
 New Tally SurvivaBear 04-11-02 72
 ZOE..... Dalton 04-11-02 73
 FINAL VOTE TOTAL AyaK 04-11-02 74

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

MeToo 158 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

04-09-02, 07:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MeToo Click to send private message to MeToo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "Rob"
1) He has athletic ability for stamina based challenges

2) He seems to actually have some intelligence for mental challenges

3) Desperation factor - he needs it the most (of course, so did Jeff V and Clarence and look what they did!!!)

MeToo

P.S. Second choice is John for all the same reasons.

VanQ 87 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

04-09-02, 07:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail VanQ Click to send private message to VanQ Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "JOHN"
I think that as much as John may feel safe, I think that he has the physical stamina to take on an endurance test. I think that he definitely does have the advantage as he received a scholarship for Cross-country and track for University. And he lists swimming as a hobby, and has shown that he is strong there. He has definitely had practice in endurance racing with his cross country.... but will all depend on what type of endurance will be tested.

SurvivaBear 2634 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

04-09-02, 08:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivaBear Click to send private message to SurvivaBear Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "Kathy"
When she finds out she is targeted she gets desperate. Then she plays rock, paper, sissors with Rob and cheats.

"Destined for Greatness!"

Ra_8secs 1081 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

04-09-02, 08:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Ra_8secs Click to send private message to Ra_8secs Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Kathy"
LOL, survivabear! Shades of Theresa and Clarence

TechNoir 9741 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-09-02, 08:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TechNoir Click to send private message to TechNoir Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "Sean"
Has anybody noticed his abs?

Unless the challenge has something to do with water. Then it is Zoe.

60 Pixel Series, No. 2

Naked 887 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

04-09-02, 08:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Naked Click to send private message to Naked Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "Sean"
Even though he probably doesn't need it this week, I think that he will start an IC run starting this Thursday.

cowboyroo 590 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

04-09-02, 08:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cowboyroo Click to send private message to cowboyroo Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "Robert"

I think there are two clues to this in vidcaps:

1) In pic of Neleh and Robert hugging, this is in sequence with merge tribe pics, however in all the other clips, Survivors have OLD buffs on. In Neleh/Robert pic, they have NEW buffs on, leading me to believe that one is congratulating the other on an IC victory...Since my boot pic for the week is off in leftfield (Neleh) which I will explain on boot poll, I'm going with Robert for IC.

2) In praying shots, they are wearing their buffs again. I believe they get their new buffs at the IC. In meeting shots, once again they have old buffs. I think they sit down to pray RIGHT AFTER they get back from IC, meaning someone should have IC down. They show several angles of all but Robert, and the only time they show him he is leaning over so he can very well have that ugly necklace on...

If it is endurance (staying underwater, I think his mass will work to his favor as well)

Ra_8secs 1081 desperate attention whore postings

04-09-02, 08:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Ra_8secs Click to send private message to Ra_8secs Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Robert"
But fat floats

Teddy_Bear 1675 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

04-09-02, 08:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Teddy_Bear Click to send private message to Teddy_Bear Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "Rob (Re: IC Poll)"
I vote ROB. According to Jeff Varner's boot pick: Sean--'though I not willing to write off Kathy yet; I think that the Robfather is the one most likely to win the 1st individual IC.

soulSurvivor_23 84 desperate attention whore postings

04-09-02, 08:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail soulSurvivor_23 Click to send private message to soulSurvivor_23 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "Rob"
I believe that Rob will win Immunity, then Sean, being Rob right-hand-man, will go. The conflict between John and Rob will drive the Rotu Four to knock off his support, in Sean.

Spidey 6259 desperate attention whore postings

04-09-02, 08:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Spidey Click to send private message to Spidey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "Rob"
He needs it. He knows it. And he seems to have speed and strength and definitely has the determination.

Cosmogirl 16 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

04-09-02, 09:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Cosmogirl Click to send private message to Cosmogirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "Rob"
I wavered, because I think Kathy might take it. If it follows past Survivors, this will be the stand-on-a-stump endurance type of challenge, and both of these players understand how fragile thier positions are. I think ultimately, Rob will win this one.

Granvil the 4th 38 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

04-09-02, 09:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Granvil%20the%204th Click to send private message to Granvil%20the%204th Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "Rob"
Spoilers point to Sean sticking around, which could mean he wins immunity, as well as other spoilers saying he goes this week. That crosses him off of my list of top choices.

Other spoilers point to a Kathy boot - meaning she can't win immunity.

Cowboyroo has some good reasons for Robert above.

Desperation is often the best motivator for winning ICs. Kathy and Rob are both about equally desperate right now and I think Rob has a bit better chance at winning a physical challenge, unless it's water of course.

All in all, I have to go with a gut feeling that the cocky Robfather comes through with an IC win. Why haven't we seen any evidence of this in previews? Why haven't we seen that cockiness previewed? What if we had? We'd all immediately know who got IC and would be able to easily pick Kathy as the bootee. MB won't be having any of that! Therefore the Rob immunity win isn't promoted.

I_AM_HE 6123 desperate attention whore postings

04-09-02, 10:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail I_AM_HE Click to send private message to I_AM_HE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "Kathy"
My gut is telling me its either her or Rob that goes, and I'm leaning slightly towards Rob right now, therefore, I'll give Kathy immunity. alternate pick is Sean

i do think Kathy may well paint a target on her own back i she wins though, especially if she's over-the-top in celebrating a win (pretty likely imho)

Mitrelleum 257 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

04-10-02, 00:17 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Mitrelleum Click to send private message to Mitrelleum Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "Rob"
Going totally on instinct here, as I am voting for Kathy to get booted. It is the only reason I think Rob will survive this week, and possibly and probably next week. Besides, no one needs it more than him.

JeffGator 1401 desperate attention whore postings

04-10-02, 00:32 AM (EST)
Click to EMail JeffGator Click to send private message to JeffGator Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "Robert"
I'm just going on what some are saying about the vid caps that show Neleh congratulating him. I do think though that he would have an edge in any type of strength or endurance challenges. John is my alternate pick.

princesstan 20 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

04-10-02, 06:17 AM (EST)
Click to EMail princesstan Click to send private message to princesstan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "Sean"
This will be his only way of making the jury, then being booting next episode, after Rob gets the boot this week.

bubsy 246 desperate attention whore postings

04-10-02, 07:42 AM (EST)
Click to EMail bubsy Click to send private message to bubsy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "Rob"
He HAS to win or else everyone will vote him off!! aww... poor Rob.. :\

Cin 843 desperate attention whore postings

04-10-02, 07:43 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Cin Click to send private message to Cin Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "Rob"
Just cause i'm hoping he stays around longer

Cin

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings

04-10-02, 07:44 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "John"
Since there isn't any spoiler evidence on the challenge at this point, I'll go for storyline interest and editing.

In most episodes, the post-IC story follows a predictable line. We're given two potential bootees, and MB tries to lead us to believe that the bootee stays and the other one goes. I think that someone other than Rob or Kathy will win it, and we'll be left to wonder which one goes in TC. John winning could be what prompts Rob's outburst and demand for the truth, where he wants to know upfront whether or not he's leaving that night.

S.O.B.

Wacko Jacko 2438 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

04-10-02, 08:14 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Wacko%20Jacko Click to send private message to Wacko%20Jacko Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "Rob"
Funny, thing is I pick Ron to get booted too. He needs IC the most but is so obvisious of a boot to me that he needs IC real bad.

Connie E 117 desperate attention whore postings

04-10-02, 08:28 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Connie%20E Click to send private message to Connie%20E Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "Zoe"
And now, for someone totally different.......The first immunity challenge after the merge has always been endurance based...favoring the ladies, gents. T-Bird could have outlasted Clarence, Tina gave in for the good of her alliance to Keith, (didn't see SI, so I can't comment on that). Zoe's already pissed off Rob, she's going to piss off Kathy, and she's going to feel vulnerable. Running a fish boat is one of the dirtiest, hardest jobs in the world...this lady's got to be tough, and I'll bet she can pull this one out......

sorgee 1455 desperate attention whore postings

04-10-02, 09:25 AM (EST)
Click to EMail sorgee Click to send private message to sorgee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "Rob"

this kid seems to be able to do what he needs to when he has to.
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::on't do the action if you can't handle the reaction. ~deborah briggs

managerr 1959 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

04-10-02, 09:43 AM (EST)
Click to EMail managerr Click to send private message to managerr Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "Zoe"
I agree with Connie. Women are better in endurance based/willpower challenges than men are. Similarly younger people tend to do worse in these too. Rob or Sean don't strike me as patient enough to win an endurance challenge. When was the last time you've seen Sean give 100% if any challenge?

Zoe fits the challenge profile winner perfectly. Old woman with kids. Wouldn't be shocked to see Kathy do well too.

lroy 536 desperate attention whore postings

04-10-02, 09:50 AM (EST)
Click to EMail lroy Click to send private message to lroy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "Kathy"
I think that she is desperate at this point, and really feels like she needs it.

steppingrazor42 283 desperate attention whore postings

04-10-02, 09:55 AM (EST)
Click to EMail steppingrazor42 Click to send private message to steppingrazor42 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "Tammy"
More often than not someone who doesn't need it wins it.....I'd love Rob to win just to burn John, but I am thinking someone in the J/T/Z/R alliance....and Tammy seems to give 100% all of the time.

Tumbler 108 desperate attention whore postings

04-10-02, 11:53 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Tumbler Click to send private message to Tumbler Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "Sean"
His attitude will change when it comes to individual challenges.
although, John may be the most comfortable wearing that new pink buff!

Tumbler

MC_Hampster 105 desperate attention whore postings

04-10-02, 12:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MC_Hampster Click to send private message to MC_Hampster Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "Kathy"
I think if it is any type of endurance challenge, a woman will win it. It's pretty much a given that women win these (we all know Tina would have won if she hadn't given it to Keith).

If it is any other type of physical challenge, I think Rob will win it.

-MC

samboohoo 17173 desperate attention whore postings

04-10-02, 12:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail samboohoo Click to send private message to samboohoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "RE: IC Poll"
LAST EDITED ON 04-10-02 AT 12:30 PM (EST)

Rob

I saw a preview last night on CBS, and the last clip has Rob saying something about it "being a new game now."

Even without that, I still think John goes this week, and Rob will win one IC.

ycartdraw 46 desperate attention whore postings

04-11-02, 10:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ycartdraw Click to send private message to ycartdraw Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
53. "Sean"
Hope not, but seems likely.

DVK 33 desperate attention whore postings

04-10-02, 12:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail DVK Click to send private message to DVK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
30. "Rob"
If Jeff Varner is correct and it's Sean that gets the boot then I believe that Rob would have immunity or they would have voted for him.
It's as good of reason as any

Dirk

smokedog 1885 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

04-10-02, 12:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail smokedog Click to send private message to smokedog Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
31. "Sean"
In the preview for the next ep, John is seen talking to Sean. A little later, John says "Don't lie to my face" and then Rob appears beside Sean saying "Now it's on, man"

I doubt Rob would be so confrontational towards John if John won immunity. He is trying to get John to trust him. It looks to me that John is lobbying for as many votes as possible. I think Sean wins immunity, John tries to suck up and get on his good side, and then Rob steps in to stop any funny business.

lazykid 6 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

04-10-02, 12:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail lazykid Click to send private message to lazykid Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
32. "Rob Mariano"
Rob seems to be the most athletic to me, not counting Sean (but the others have said that Sean is terrible in the water). Also, as he proved last week, he wants immunity real bad and has shown that his desire to win is greater than most of his opponents. But since this challenge is usually endurance related, it could be anyone's win.

katem 3315 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

04-10-02, 02:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail katem Click to send private message to katem Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
33. "Sean"
I believe that Sean knows he is in a precarious position here, even if Rob is still around and drawing all the attention.

Also, I believe that there was a spoiler early this season that Sean got a visit from a family member. I do not remember if that spoiler was completely thrown out the window or not, I do not remember reading anything about for a while.

My point is that he starts a in IC run, that will last a few episodes, until he gets thrown out.

strone 70 desperate attention whore postings

04-10-02, 02:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail strone Click to send private message to strone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
34. "Angry Sean"
God will be by his side!

Seyz 198 desperate attention whore postings

04-10-02, 03:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Seyz Click to send private message to Seyz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
35. "John"
If it's an endurance test.. then it boils down to who's the most paranoid and fears leaving...

Paranoid= John
Alternate: Rob or Tammy (who seems to want to win everything)or Kathy

Who will lose an endurance test?
Definitely Sean (who doesn't seem to care too much about staying in the game), Pascal.. and possibly Robert due to his injuries.

jenbug 40 desperate attention whore postings

04-10-02, 03:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jenbug Click to send private message to jenbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
36. "Sean"
This is a wild guess..

lazydazes 28 desperate attention whore postings

04-10-02, 03:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail lazydazes Click to send private message to lazydazes Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
37. "Rob"
I think Rob will pull this one out. I think he is desperate to find out some answers on alliances and where he stands in the tribe. I don't think he is going to wait to get those answers from anyone. I think he is going to do everything he can possibly do to try to pull this IC win out so they can't vote him out.

I don't think anyone else is as afraid of getting booted as he is right now (Kathy might be a close second - in that she is coming in to a re-vamped Rotu tribe and she is worried she is now the one out numbered!)

I think John is competitive enough to win it but I think he has fooled himself in to thinking he is the untouchable leader.

Too, what if the argument with Rob and John is b/c Rob wins IC. I can see Rob totally playing with John after his IC win - after he has lied all of this time to John about not booting him - he will vote for him and he will try to get others to vote for him. John gets word of this and, in a desperate-my-plan-is-about-to-backfire-on-me way, accuses Rob of lying to him.

Just guessing!

Kokoro 3899 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

04-10-02, 03:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Kokoro Click to send private message to Kokoro Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
38. "Votes to Here...."
LAST EDITED ON 04-10-02 AT 03:53 PM (EST)

About time someone put one of these tallies together, eh?

This is post #38 counting 35 votes and 2 (violations? - lol well a lot more of them anyway if this is following the standard rules heh ;)

Rob ..... 15
Sean .... 8
Kathy ... 4
John .... 3
Robert .. 2
Zoe ..... 2
Tammy ... 1

Nobody has confidence in Vee, Neleh, or Paschal.

----------------------------------------
Now let us never speak of S3 again.

Gabriel: "Alright, John go straight! Straight!" - Um, Gabe?

Stop Discrimination Now

BaquaR13 1336 desperate attention whore postings

04-10-02, 06:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail BaquaR13 Click to send private message to BaquaR13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
39. "John"
Thanks Kokoro for the tally, and evidentally i DO NEED to copy and paste the rules, because i have seen some violators.

samboohoo 17173 desperate attention whore postings

04-11-02, 09:36 AM (EST)
Click to EMail samboohoo Click to send private message to samboohoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
50. "Rules Violation"
I'm sorry, I did goof, and then it was too late to fix it. Please accept my humble apologies!!

jancan 51 desperate attention whore postings

04-10-02, 07:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jancan Click to send private message to jancan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
40. "Rob"
He will find his angle...immunity.

VargasBros 32 desperate attention whore postings

04-10-02, 08:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail VargasBros Click to send private message to VargasBros Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
41. "Rob"
He is desperate. He knows without this win, he goes. For 2 reasons: 1. He's not well liked. 2. He's just athletic enough to keep winning these things, and that would put a crimp in everyone's plans. Except his, of course.

Kokoro 3899 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

04-10-02, 08:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Kokoro Click to send private message to Kokoro Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
42. "Zoe"
Alt: Robert - either way if you're a target don't expect to win immunity.

And I'd just like to give this thread a BuMp in honour of he that ~used~ to do the challenge vote threads. Yeah I know you know who I'm talking about =)

----------------------------------------
Now let us never speak of S3 again.

Gabriel: "Alright, John go straight! Straight!" - Um, Gabe?

Stop Discrimination Now

bergdogg 380 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

04-10-02, 09:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bergdogg Click to send private message to bergdogg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
43. "Neleh"
T-Bird shocked us with an immunity win at this point. Same with Keith in S2.

Neleh shall follow in their footsteps with an immunity win!!!

ShowMeTheWinner 962 desperate attention whore postings

04-11-02, 00:41 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ShowMeTheWinner Click to send private message to ShowMeTheWinner Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
44. "Tammy"
Judging from past episodes, this episode's IC seems to favor women. I'm going with either Tammy or Zoe this time round because I think Kathy's going this week (my reasoning in the Time to Vote thread). I'd probably give the edge to Tammy because Zoe probably didn't think that she would be vulnerable to the boot and would give up the challenge for food. Tammy, on the other hand, was so determined to win the last IC even when Rotu 4 will be better off without it.

AyaK 10426 desperate attention whore postings

04-11-02, 01:04 AM (EST)
Click to EMail AyaK Click to send private message to AyaK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
45. "Kathy"
LAST EDITED ON 04-11-02 AT 06:32 PM (EST)

Well, let's see here...

We've had four endurance challenges in Survivor so far.

S1 -- "Hands on the Immunity Idol" endurance challenge in E13 (#2): Kelly beats Rudy and Dicque (though Dicque quits on purpose).

S2 -- pole balancing endurance challenge in E7: Keith and Tina are final two after Alicia drops out; Tina lets Keith (who has a big red X on his forehead) win.

S3 -- "shower" endurance challenge in E7: Teresa and Clarence are final two and play 'rock-paper-scissors' for immunity; Teresa wins.

S3 -- "Hands on the Immunity Idol" endurance challenge in E13 (#2): Mama Kim beats Lex and Ethan (although each has a legitimate excuse for losing -- a cameraman barfs next to Ethan, and Lex has the trots).

I don't think we'll have another "hold your breath underwater" challenge, like we did in S1, because women simply have no chance in those ... and I still think MB would have liked to have had Gretchen make the jury and Greg get booted, which was supposedly Dicque's original plan.

Anyway, it looks like there have been six finalists in endurance challenges, of which four were women, and three of those were middle-aged women who weren't challenge threats otherwise. So ... as badly as Rob and Sean might want to win this, I'll predict that Kathy (who is every bit as worried about her future as they are) will p-ss on their chances for immunity, about the same way that she p-ssed on John's sting.

Edited to add that starting the IC thread in S2 was delegated by me to skierdude10, and no one picked it up during S3 because we were struggling so much with the boot picks. So, BaquaR13, if you want to start it from now on, be our guest. One rule -- don't start it until after the boot voting thread has been started (which happens on Tuesday). OK?

tribephyl 12393 desperate attention whore postings

04-11-02, 02:16 AM (EST)
Click to EMail tribephyl Click to send private message to tribephyl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
46. "Kathy"
There are stat's to back up the women's chance for a stamina based win at merge IC,in the past,and even from ladies who would not seem to need it. The ability to win such an IC coupled with the willpower,that of which Kathy has in spades, add in some paranoia(mix with some sweat and hunger)all leads to a dangerous combo.
Me thinks John, Robert, Paschel, and Neleh will fall (or jump) first, followed by Sean and Vee and maybe Tammy next, leaving Zoe Rob and Kathy to battle it out. Rob won't be able to do it. at which point Zoe will give it to Kathy.IMO

SurvivinDawg 6816 desperate attention whore postings

04-11-02, 08:35 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivinDawg Click to send private message to SurvivinDawg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
47. "Neleh"
This is going on that achy, shaky, breaky (footnote 1) limb waaaay out there in left field. But there was a pic of Robert hugging Neleh AFTER their buff turned purple. Some speculate that this is Neleh congratulating Robert.

But I think a woman wins this challenge, for the reasons AyaK posted. It could be any of the women, and Kathy winning would solve a lot of bootee problems. But with the next two titles being "Jury's Out" and "Two Peas In A Pod", which suggest Paschal and Neleh, I suspect that Neleh's win here puts a target on her back.

So Robert is congratulating Neleh!

Besides, if I'm wrong, so what? It's the bootee record that I care about...

*** Contradictions don't exist. If you are faced with a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong. -- Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

footnote 1: some one-hit-wonder country singer, "Achy, Breaky Heart".

hrc2u 146 desperate attention whore postings

04-11-02, 09:11 AM (EST)
Click to EMail hrc2u Click to send private message to hrc2u Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
48. "Kathy"
Thanks for the reasoning Ayak, totally agree with you.
hrc2u

mindysue 39 desperate attention whore postings

04-11-02, 09:34 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mindysue Click to send private message to mindysue Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
49. "Kathy"
If she doesn't there is no way that she will stay around. I don't think she gets voted off this week. Therefore, she must win IC.

DeclaringJihadOnSurvivor 60 desperate attention whore postings

04-11-02, 09:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail DeclaringJihadOnSurvivor Click to send private message to DeclaringJihadOnSurvivor Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
51. "Pappy"
I have no clue
unless I'm right..of course

ejm92 2221 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

04-11-02, 10:08 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ejm92 Click to send private message to ejm92 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
52. "The Robfather"
He'll outlast everyone.

5Foot3 81 desperate attention whore postings

04-11-02, 10:52 AM (EST)
Click to EMail 5Foot3 Click to send private message to 5Foot3 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
54. "Sean"
He hasn't been too involved with past challenges and giving one hundred percent. But now it matters and I think we'll see him trying harder. Someone else posted this somewhere and I am going to repeat it. "Has anyone else seen the abs on this guy"?

sittem 4186 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

04-11-02, 11:29 AM (EST)
Click to EMail sittem Click to send private message to sittem Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
55. "Tammy"
She's tough and she'll take it to anyone. My only pause here is that she doens't have to have immunity so she might give up early in an endurance test because of that. However, she might also stay to the end to beat someone who she wants to vote off.

AresMars 283 desperate attention whore postings

04-11-02, 11:38 AM (EST)
Click to EMail AresMars Click to send private message to AresMars Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
56. "Sean"

God Bless America

There are two types of people, predators and prey, and the sound you hear is the sharpening of my claws.

PagongRatEater 12996 desperate attention whore postings

04-11-02, 12:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PagongRatEater Click to send private message to PagongRatEater Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
57. "John"
No reason, just a guess to pile up DAW's.

idiotcowboy 1135 desperate attention whore postings

04-11-02, 12:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail idiotcowboy Click to send private message to idiotcowboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
58. "Tammy"
The merge IC challenge generally has been a strength/endurance combo. Since we haven't seen any clips that can be definatively identified as something else, I will go with the trend. Also since those tend to favor athletic females I will go with the most athletic one of them left... Tammy the push-up queen!

-ICB

Java 519 desperate attention whore postings

04-11-02, 01:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Java Click to send private message to Java Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
59. "Vee"
She fits the parameters of an endurance winner IMO. She is female, patient, and will be worried about her future since she is not in a quality alliance and a member of Old Mu.

J A V A
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons,
for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

smiles 675 desperate attention whore postings

04-11-02, 02:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail smiles Click to send private message to smiles Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
60. "Sean"
I think his attitude is going to change in individual immunity. I think he gives up (on challenges) when he sees that there is no way they can possibly win. He knows his team is in a bad spot and the only way to stay in the game is to win the IC.

Alternate IC winner: Rob - for the same reasons. Plus John sucks at challenges!! Even when he tries! Has anyone else noticed this?

04-11-02, 02:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivaBear Click to send private message to SurvivaBear Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
61. "RE: IC Poll"
This is post #61 summarizing 56 votes, 1 tally, and 3 comments not counted as votes (you bad rule violators ).

Rob - 18
Sean - 12
Kathy - 8
John - 5
Tammy - 4
Zoe - 4
Neleh - 2
Paschal - 1
Vee - 1
Robert - 1

Beware the Bear!

Thanks IceCat!

munson 1314 desperate attention whore postings

04-11-02, 02:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail munson Click to send private message to munson Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
62. "Kathy"
She came to play, plain and simple, and she wants to win as much as John and Rob. She may not understand how to play smart, but she sure can play hard. If she's feeling vulnerable at all, that's enough motivation.

sleeeve 3456 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

04-11-02, 03:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sleeeve Click to send private message to sleeeve Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
63. "Kathy"
Okay... the previews are making a big deal about how Kathy's time on the island is over... this means one of two things:

1) She wins immunity.
2) She somehow saves herself from the vote in another way.

(Note that I don't leave the possibility that she actually gets booted as an option, since we all know how MB thinks, by now)...

With a 50-50 shot, I think that she'll win immunity, forcing the rotu four to re-think their strategy, and vote out Rob (since there's no way that they're voting for Neleh or Paschal, yet).

My alternate pick is Sean, cause I'm sure that he could win an endurance test, if he puts his mind to it.

Might be interesting if Sean and Kathy (Clarence and Teresa???) are the final two in the IC, again... I wonder if Sean will start with scissors

You never know what might be up my sleeeve...

wepaxson 31 desperate attention whore postings

04-11-02, 03:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail wepaxson Click to send private message to wepaxson Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
64. "Robert"
No challenger

anotherkim 14420 desperate attention whore postings

04-11-02, 04:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail anotherkim Click to send private message to anotherkim Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
65. "Kathy. "

tjack 30 desperate attention whore postings

04-11-02, 04:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tjack Click to send private message to tjack Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
66. "Rob"
...kinda scared to vote this way but it fits with my boot pick...I think Rob would have been booted this EP except for the fact that he wins immunity.

Tjack

bebekid 1621 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

04-11-02, 04:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bebekid Click to send private message to bebekid Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
67. "Kathy"
See AyaK's reasoning.

bebe

janisella 698 desperate attention whore postings

04-11-02, 05:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail janisella Click to send private message to janisella Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
68. "RE: Rob"
he's young, he's strong, he's desperate

IceCat 17415 desperate attention whore postings

04-11-02, 05:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail IceCat Click to send private message to IceCat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
69. "Rob"

survivorscott 2191 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

04-11-02, 05:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail survivorscott Click to send private message to survivorscott Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
70. "Kathy"
With food in her belly and a point to prove, she goes the distance!

Paschal is swell

SurvivorBlows 15230 desperate attention whore postings

04-11-02, 06:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorBlows Click to send private message to SurvivorBlows Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
71. "Kathy"
Woops, missed this poll before

-SB

04-11-02, 07:10 PM (EST)
72. "New Tally"
Okay, okay I messed up too.

It looks like Rob is in the lead in this poll as well.

This is post #72 summarizing 66 votes, 2 tallies, and 3 comments (not counted as votes).
Rob - 21
Sean - 12
Kathy - 11
John - 5
Tammy - 4
Zoe - 4
Neleh - 2
Robert - 2
Paschal - 1
Vee - 1

Beware the Bear!

Thanks IceCat!

Dalton 1271 desperate attention whore postings

04-11-02, 07:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Dalton Click to send private message to Dalton Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
73. "ZOE....."
Just because she can. (See post in Shake's thread)

Dalton
Alternate: Dawg's pick of Neleh is second.

AyaK 10426 desperate attention whore postings

04-11-02, 10:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AyaK Click to send private message to AyaK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
74. "FINAL VOTE TOTAL"
This is post #74, which I'm adding solely because the previous subtotal is incorrect. There were 67 votes, 4 tallies and 3 rules violations on this thread. Every survivor received a vote, even lame old Pappy...

Rob.........21
Kathy......14
Sean.......12
John.........5
Tammy......4
Zoe..........4
Robert......3
Neleh........2
Paschal.....1
Vecepia.....1

Now, since over 50% of our members voted for Rob to be booted, I made the decision that our board's pick to win IC couldn't be Rob. So, as I said in the West Coast Spoilers thread, our #2 vote-getter, Kathy, had to be our official pick.

Next time, though, we need a few more votes, so that we don't end up with this kind of conflict!

Unlock | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •