The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Could John be the next to go?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

lazydazes 28 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

04-06-02, 11:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail lazydazes Click to send private message to lazydazes Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Could John be the next to go?"
I don't think this has been discussed in another thread - but if it has - I apologize in advance!

I realize there are several good boot agruments going for Rob and some for Kathy --------- but what about John??? So here goes - I thought I would throw this log on to the fire.......

Assuming that Rob and Kathy are sent as "ambassadors" to find/pick out/locate/WHATEVER the new campsite. IF that happens, then maybe this is where the story takes a little bit of a turn in Rob's favor. (I agree with other posters that Rob's time, in my mind, is not quite up yet.)

Rob wants John gone - he has said that. He will use whatever means necessary to get him gone. Rob realizes he is outnumbered (in his current Rotu tribe conditions) ----- BUT things are switching up again! New tribe members (new to HIM at least) are coming in. This has got to mean to him NEW LIFE! He could take this oppty. to save his butt by getting K/N/P to vote with him against John. If he can do this, the power might switch back to him again (or at least in his eyes).

Rob uses his chance with Kathy to fill her in on the Gabe boot (manipulating info. as he sees fit - whatever makes him look to be the good guy! After all, he did try to talk Gabe into aligning with him - but not to save Gabe - to save himself and get rid of John. But Kathy won't get that side of the story!) He can fill Kathy in on John's self proclaimed leadership role in the tribe and how things have severely changed from when she was a Rotu member. Not only that, but Rob will also tell Kathy of the alliance that J/T/R/Z have and push her to investigate the alliance herself (instigating a conflict). To me, Kathy would be all over this. This would fit the unlikely alliance bill. I don't know yet in my mind if Rob and Kathy will out and out have a shake-hands alliance or just a one/two-episode alliance to get rid of the dictator-wanna-be John and maybe a henchman. Rob really seems to want everyone in the Rotu tribe to fess up to the J/T/R/Z alliance - and what better way to get them to talk if someone from the old Rotu goes and asks.

Kathy then approaches J/T/R/Z (either all of them or some of them - or maybe just Zoe?). Zoe doesn't own up to the alliance (like she didn't own up to it with Rob). Maybe Kathy goes to John and he does admit there is an alliance (again....like HE did with Rob) - so Kathy, at that point, knows Zoe is lying to her.

John gets wind of Kathy's suspicions (either by Kathy asking him outright or by Zoe going to John with a "report" of the questions and the lies she had to tell to Kathy).

However John finds out - this sparks the fight/disagreement/heated discussion that we see in the previews. John accuses Rob of trying to align with K/N/P. Rob lies to John about the effort to oust him by aligning with K/N/P. John says "don't lie to my face" and adds that all bets are off - you survive as best you can. Rob then replies to the threat ---- "It's on"!

Kathy is pissed b/c she is being left out, she is pissed b/c of Gabe and decides that she will vote THE SAME WAY R/S/V are voting THIS TIME (and maybe this time ONLY!), and get rid of the dictator John! N and P just go along b/c they are upset about Gabe and can't believe the tribe has come to this. I do think K/N/P stay together (since they stayed together last episode as far as voting) why would they not this time? I can't think of a reason.

The episode title......True Lies? I think the title refers to the battle between John and Rob - it is a battle to see who can get the most votes against their other and who can get the other to believe their lie. The both scramble to get K/N/P on their side. I just think that Rob wins in the case. True Lies comes wnen the both vote for the other at TC - something they said they wouldn't do.

At TC.......R/S/V and K/N/P vote against John. J/T/R/Z vote against Rob. John is gone.

Now, the big question I have is --------- who wins IC and how does that change things? hmmmmmmmmm? I don't know about that one and how it will apply to all of the above?

Any thoughts?

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Could John be the next to go? TeamJoisey 04-07-02 1
 Points to Kathy boot? Spidey 04-08-02 2
 RE: Could John be the next to go? samboohoo 04-08-02 3

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

TeamJoisey 3558 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

04-07-02, 00:05 AM (EST)
Click to EMail TeamJoisey Click to send private message to TeamJoisey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Could John be the next to go?"
This works, and it doesn't require Rob or Kathy to be the scout for the camp choice. Remember, they have both seen both camps.

I don't believe John's alliance is all that strong. Tammy and the General seem be chafing under his control already. His megalomania peaked when he ripped off his shorts to show the tribe his "Lord of my Fly" moment. The man's gone crazy.

I wouldn't be surprised if Pappy, Neleh and Kathy arrive and are told by Tammy, Zoe and the General that John's gone nuts, and those six decide to oust him immediately.

I believe that Rob will see the a chance to benefit from the backlash, and challenging John will only cause the lunatic to start shrieking about his kingdom.

Of course, barring immunity, Rob only gets one shot at John, and this is it.

Spidey 6259 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-08-02, 01:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Spidey Click to send private message to Spidey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "Points to Kathy boot?"
>John gets wind of Kathy's suspicions
>(either by Kathy asking him
>outright or by Zoe going
>to John with a "report"
>of the questions and the
>lies she had to tell
>to Kathy).

I think this helps explain a KATHY boot.

Why would J/T/Z/Rt. boot Kathy over Rob next ep? Wouldn't just be a Rob IC win, b/c then why not Sean boot in that case? (And the spoiler consensus is Sean makes jury)

I also highly doubt it's because John promised Rob they'd take down new Mu first. No matter how much John wants to play honest, it would be total suicide for John to keep that word. P/N would know they are next and have to join R/S/V to save their skins.

But what if the Rotu 4 alliance figures that Kathy is likely the only old Mu smart or conniving enough to join the axis of evil. Get rid of her and she can't be around to convince N/P to go with her against John. All N/P know about R/S/V is baaad stuff. They might be too "dignified" to join Rob and his cronies. Certainly not the case with Kathy. Neleh obviously isn't too fond of Kathy and given her Gina vote, is still "aligned," at least in a loose sense, with Old Rotu. If they convice her Kathy is going to join the devil, she'll go along with them and Pappy will join her.

Kahty makes sense b/c getting rid of Rob next still wouldn't give Rotu 4 a numerical advantage. If Kathy can convince N/P that they need to go against the Rotu 4, S/V + New Mu would beat Rotu 4 5-4 in ep. 8. Better to get rid of the possible strategizer (Kathy) and keep objectionable, good-Christian repellant (Rob).

Then votes could switch in Ep. 8 onward because John's true colors come to light and HE and his alliance become even more objectionable than Rob? Please, pretty please???

samboohoo 17173 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-08-02, 01:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail samboohoo Click to send private message to samboohoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Could John be the next to go?"
Good thoughts Lazy. John's undoing has been discussed a few times, but I think at some point all of the threads cross over.

I too think John is going this week. And it will be because of all of the lies. And I think that it will also boil down to irony. John asked Gabe, "Would you lie in order to stay in the game?" Gabe's answer of course was, "I'm not here to play the game, blah, blah, blah." But Tammy, Zoe, and Robert all heard him ask. I think the 3 of them know John would lie to stay in the game.

Tammy didn't like the idea of throwing a challenge, and we know Robert's along for the ride by letting John take the heat. And Zoe, well we're still find out her story.

John's alliance backfires and he goes this week, barring immunity, of course. Then it's 3 vs. 3 vs. 3, and it's a whole new ballgame.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •