The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Jessica unsupportive"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Starting Over General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

im5xblest 114 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

11-02-05, 12:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail im5xblest Click to send private message to im5xblest Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Jessica unsupportive"
LAST EDITED ON 11-02-05 AT 02:03 PM (EST)

i wanted to voice my opinion about jessica's part in the mess yesterday. i rewatched those parts of the show, just to make sure i didn't miss something. jessica was not "unsure about christina's intentions" -- christina clearly told her intentions. the problem was, jessica wanted her to fail! she wanted no part of christina succeeding w/ her assignment, or helping her in any other way. christina serving other people for an assignment is not going to start out coming straight from her heart, but it's still a start!

upon further review of the episode, i could see that jessica may have ended up actually WANTING to like christina, and she did try to make up for public flogging. on the other hand, i think jessica did that partially because she felt responsible for christina's huge humiliation (because she WAS responsible!).

it is unfortunate that iyanla took jessica's word as truth. jessica had it in for christina and iyanla totally didn't pick that up. hopefully, jessica will follow through and actually become a supportive accountability partner for christina. christina needs hope and people to believe in her, AND they need to be ready to call her out as needed when she is GENUINELY hustling.

5x

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Jessica unsupportive jizzymcb 11-02-05 1
   RE: Jessica unsupportive im5xblest 11-02-05 2
       RE: Jessica unsupportive Pixeltalk 11-02-05 3
           RE: Jessica unsupportive im5xblest 11-02-05 4
               RE: Jessica unsupportive fluffy82 11-02-05 5
 RE: Jessica unsupportive sgiroux 11-02-05 6
   RE: Jessica unsupportive dgibson 11-03-05 7
       RE: Jessica unsupportive Pixeltalk 11-03-05 8
   RE: Jessica unsupportive Redbud 11-03-05 10
 RE: Jessica unsupportive Redbud 11-03-05 9

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

jizzymcb 3 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

11-02-05, 12:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jizzymcb Click to send private message to jizzymcb Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Jessica unsupportive"
it's amazing to me how many of us feel this way!!

11-02-05, 12:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail im5xblest Click to send private message to im5xblest Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Jessica unsupportive"
AND (i am still watching it), christina did NOT lie to iyanla, because jessica really did refuse to help her. in the talk w/ iyanla, jessica DID conveniently leave out that the fact that she didn't want to help christina complete her assignment, which is a part-truth, and, according to iyanla, a LIE.

rrr.

5x

Pixeltalk 644 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

11-02-05, 02:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Pixeltalk Click to send private message to Pixeltalk Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Jessica unsupportive"
I don't agree. Jessica did not support Christina because, if she had, she would have been supporting her in doing something that defeated the purpose of the exercise. That is Jessica's job as accountability partner. Christina could have easily asked, "Hey, do you need me to help you carry your laundry?" when Jessica was finished, or unloaded the dishwasher like Jessica ASKED HER TO DO. The whole point was to do something nice for people, not something they don't want you to do for them.

I think part of the problem is that Christina is afraid of Iyanla. She seems to think she has to do the assignments, no matter what it takes (even hustling). Maybe she would be better off with Rhonda.

11-02-05, 03:17 PM (EST)
4. "RE: Jessica unsupportive"
i had the very same thought today -- that rhonda may have been a better coach for christina! i don't think the show wants to go there, though (switching LCs). i am SURE iyanla wanted her, though.

MAYBE jessica was trying to keep christina real, but it sure looked like she just didn't want her to get anything from her. jessica kept saying that she didn't know what her intentions were, but her intentions were made pretty clear. the truth (as i observed) was that jessica wanted her to have different intentions. i thought this exercise was supposed to show christina that it feels good to help people, but it ended up to be a bad experience. it must have been hard to give help when hardly anyone asked and most everything she offered was refused.

5x

fluffy82 35 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

11-02-05, 05:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail fluffy82 Click to send private message to fluffy82 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Jessica unsupportive"
I agree. I think Rhonda would be a better coach for Christina. The excercise totally failed in my opinion. You don't teach someone to NOT hustle by continually telling them to hustle those around them.

The first excercise where she had to get money from ppl on the street made sense. But to keep on making her do that (especially from her housemates) is just ridiculous.

sgiroux 4 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

11-02-05, 05:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sgiroux Click to send private message to sgiroux Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Jessica unsupportive"
I was so darn mad about how Jessica handled that with Christina. I also felt SHE was to blame. I am so sick of Jessica that I actually said out loud today, Okay stop all the damn crying girl and get on with your life. Yes it was a tragic way to lose you Mom, but my goodness she acts like she is the only one in the world this has happened too. Unfortunately, very tragic deaths happen all the time, that does not give us the right to be self-centered and unkind to people (with I feed she is both). What really bothers me is, she not only is allowed to to wallow in it, she is indulged!

I really would like to see this other side of her she keeps saying she was before her Mother died, because I don't like her now. Hopefully, she will get on with her life and become a nicer person. I am sure her Mother is also hopeing the same thing.

That feels better LOL

dgibson 76 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

11-03-05, 04:12 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dgibson Click to send private message to dgibson Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Jessica unsupportive"
I think Jessica's main focus is herself. Remember also in the editing there may have been parts that have been cut out. So who knows what Christina said or Jessica said if they were taken out of context.

Pixeltalk 644 desperate attention whore postings

11-03-05, 02:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Pixeltalk Click to send private message to Pixeltalk Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Jessica unsupportive"
The thing that Christina said/did that made Jessica distrust her was when C wanted J to tell her how she was doing just because C was afraid Iyanla would ask her. I swear it seems like she is doing stuff just because she is afraid of Iyanla. She continually expresses fear and even distrust of Iyanla.

I understand Jessica more after finding out that her mother was the one who kept the family together, that all communication between siblings, etc. went through her. So when her mom died, it was like losing her entire family, in a way. It sounds like kind of a dysfunctional family (but which ones arent?) I have known people who never really got over the death of a loved one. It depends on the relationship and where it was when the person died--that "closure" thing.

Redbud 573 desperate attention whore postings

11-03-05, 04:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Redbud Click to send private message to Redbud Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Jessica unsupportive"
I wish Rhonda would just say "Look Jessica you're not the first person to lose a mother, you won't be the last. She passed away at 9/11 and it will always be that way! Deal with it. I'll help you, I'll show you how, but 9/11 is not about only you, and we as a people don't have to separate it just for you. That's what you're supposed to do. Now stop crying for 24 hours and grow up!" Only Dr. Stan alluded to something like that.

Redbud 573 desperate attention whore postings

11-03-05, 04:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Redbud Click to send private message to Redbud Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Jessica unsupportive"
Jessica wanted the entire SOH to attend her mother's memorial (and they all did). I didn't hear her say they should come to the memorial "only if their intention is true" like she said about Christina. So basically, if it's for someone else's benefit, Jessica refuses to support them, questioning their intentions, but when it comes to supporting Jessica, she doesn't care what their intentions are as long as all eyes are on her and she gets EVERYONE's sympathies - real or imagined!

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •