The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Story Speculation:Robfather"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

LadyT 5567 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-06-02, 04:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LadyT Click to send private message to LadyT Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Story Speculation:Robfather"
Ok, Go with me on this one. I think Rob is being set up so that we love to hate him. I think he will be the winner.

When we first had the pleasure of meeting Rob, we hated him. He came off as an arrogant, lazy ass who would use anyone to get what he wanted: control of the tribe. He saw who his threat was and eliminated him. He eliminated America's sweetheart (Hunter). He clearly had control of Maraamuu after that. Unfortunaetly for him, Burnett pulled the switch and he was left without his alliance intact. So he has to start again.

Burnett has also said that in this Survivor, there is a villian. Robfather is clearly that villian. He is not there to make friends, and his soundbytes prove that. Makes me think of Will from BB2.

Another topic alltogether. S3's ratings took a beating. The contestants were boring, and there was no clear villian. The Public love a villian. SO I propose that Burnett wants to go back to what works. He looks back to basics. In Rob, he has what he has wanted all along. Another Richard Hatch. So he edits Rob to be similar to Dicque.

Like Dicque, Rob isn't hiding anything. He is being portrayed as the villian. He was the leader of his alliance. Can he do it again? I think he can. Not only that, if the spoilers prove right, and we have an endurance challenge, unless he pulls a stupid Ethan and falls, he will probably win it. I think he can pull Kathy and Paschal with him when he reveals that John was the reason that Gabe was voted off. Sean and Vee will vote with him, Rob has saved their butts so far. Neleh doesn't know Rob, but I think she will be upset that John was the ringleader in booting Gabe. Therefore, she may vote for John. Again, Robfather will have control.

Burnett tells a story. Is Robfather's story done? Not by a long shot. A lot of successful stories contain a redeemable villian. I think Burnett will attempt to redeem Robfather, much like Dicque was somewhat redeemed. When we review this season, and look at who played the best game, I think that answer will be Robfather. Just like Dicque in S1 and Will in BB2.

Those are my thoughts, please don't be too harsh with the flames Shakes, ok?

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Story Speculation:Robfather sittem14 04-06-02 1
 RE: Story Speculation:Robfather Loree 04-06-02 2
   RE: Story Speculation:Robfather heymikey 04-06-02 6
       RE: Story Speculation:Robfather Loree 04-06-02 8
           RE: Story Speculation:Robfather LadyT 04-06-02 9
           RE: Story Speculation:Robfather true 04-06-02 11
               RE: Story Speculation:Robfather Spidey 04-06-02 12
                   RE: Story Speculation:Robfather PepeLePew13 04-08-02 20
 RE: Story Speculation:Robfather Soprano55 04-06-02 3
   RE: Story Speculation:Robfather wephanie 04-06-02 4
       RE: Story Speculation:Robfather DVK 04-06-02 5
           RE: Story Speculation:Robfather wephanie 04-07-02 17
 RE: Story Speculation:Robfather I_AM_HE 04-06-02 7
 RE: Story Speculation:Robfather Kokoro 04-06-02 10
   RE: Story Speculation:Robfather Spidey 04-06-02 13
   RE: Story Speculation:Robfather I_AM_HE 04-06-02 15
 RE: Story Speculation:Robfather drich61 04-06-02 14
   RE: Story Speculation:Robfather munson 04-06-02 16
 RE: Story Speculation:Robfather Loree 04-07-02 18
   RE: Story Speculation:Robfather hearkittykitty 04-08-02 21
 RE: Story Speculation:Robfather Naked 04-08-02 19
 Rob as Clarence JohnMc 04-09-02 22
   RE: Rob as Jerri managerr 04-09-02 23
       RE: Rob as Jerri ulalame 04-09-02 24
           Don't let him on the jury JohnMc 04-10-02 25
               RE: Don't let him on the jury Kokoro 04-10-02 26

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

sittem14 112 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

04-06-02, 05:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sittem14 Click to send private message to sittem14 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Story Speculation:Robfather"
Lady T, I'm with you almost all the way on this one. It's the same theory (maybe wishful thinking is more accurate for me) that I have. I don't know if I'm willing to make Rob the winner yet, but I do think he is going to go a long ways yet. I don't think I can reconcile him as the winner because who's he gonna win a vote over? There are only two possiblities, unless there are things we don't know yet about people like Zoe, Robert and Vee. He could probably win against John, but for him to get that far I think he's gotta get rid of John sooner(or, new thought - maybe he really does ally with John and both of them think that they will surely get the juries vote - hmmmmmm). And, he would most likely win against Sean. I just don't see Sean getting that far unless the theory I put on fanatics holds true. In that case, the Mu's come back from a 3-7 disadvantage. If that happens, Rob really is the Robfadah and he will become legendary.

Can't wait to see it all unfold.

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

04-06-02, 05:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Story Speculation:Robfather"
I've never really thought Rob was a villain. I have enjoyed watching him. And I hope he does succeed. I think John is turning into the villain. He seems to be the arrogant cocky one that is going to go on a power trip. If you really believe Rob needs to be redeemed then taking down John may do it. But I think he is more like Jeff Varner. Where he says all his evil things to the camera. Even Will on BB2 said most of his evil stuff to the camera. He was charming and amusing. Gina has not called Rob evil. She just thought he was stupid. In alot of ways Rob is the underdog.

heymikey 238 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

04-06-02, 07:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail heymikey Click to send private message to heymikey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Story Speculation:Robfather"
So Loree, tell me the difference between Rob and John since they're pretty much the same to me. Both are cocky and arrogant. They both want control of the tribe and both will backstab people to get what they want. They both would lie to other people if it will benefit them. Both of them seem "to be the arrogant cocky one that is going to go on a power trip".

Why is it that you are saying that John is the villain and not Rob, when in fact, they're alike? Is it because Rob is somewhat attractive? So, tell me. What seems to be the difference between those two villains?

04-06-02, 08:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Story Speculation:Robfather"
I'm sure it's a personal preference on whether you like John or
Rob more. I don't think it's looks. I actually thought John was good-looking at first. But his desperate need to be the leader at all costs has made his personality pathetic. Rob seems to be able to have fun and he saves most of his bad-mouthing for the camera or his partner-in-crime Sean. But John seems determined to order his alliance around. I would love to hear a conversation between Tammy, Robert and Zoe when John isn't there. I don't think he is seen as a great leader to them. John wants Rob out because he fears him. It isn't that he is bad for the others. Just for John. Rob seems to know this is a game and he's an underdog. So he is grasping at whatever chance he has to survive. John thinks he already is the leader and everyone will do his bidding. It's alot more fun to watch the underdog try and bring down the self-proclaimed leader.

Wephanie reminded me of when Sarah said that she wasn't surprised at how Rob fit in well over at Rotu. At the time when Sarah said that we all went "What?" We thought she was watching a different show than us. But she knows the outcome and we don't. Maybe he does rally a group of allies to bring down John.

LadyT 5567 desperate attention whore postings

04-06-02, 08:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LadyT Click to send private message to LadyT Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Story Speculation:Robfather"
Excellent point!
It all comes down to editing and ratings. They know more than we do. Underdogs are who we root for, which is why I think Rob will be the winner.

true 9689 desperate attention whore postings

04-06-02, 09:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail true Click to send private message to true Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Story Speculation:Robfather"
>Wephanie reminded me of when Sarah said that she wasn't surprised at how Rob fit in well over at Rotu. At the time when Sarah said that we all went "What?" We thought she was watching a different show than us. But she knows the outcome and we don't. Maybe he does rally a group of allies to bring down John.

Yes, excellent point, thanks for the reminder. It may be grasping at straws, or wishful thinking, but, damnit! I want Rob to stay in the game. He is a hoot to watch. The show will be the same old dull Survivor, once he's gone. Ok, I'll take it to fanatics.

true

True friends stab you in the front -Oscar Wilde

Spidey 6259 desperate attention whore postings

04-06-02, 10:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Spidey Click to send private message to Spidey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Story Speculation:Robfather"
LAST EDITED ON 04-06-02 AT 10:21 PM (EST)

>>Wephanie reminded me of when Sarah said that she wasn't surprised at how Rob fit in well over at Rotu. At the time when Sarah said that we all went "What?" We thought she was watching a different show than us. But she knows the outcome and we don't. Maybe he does rally a group of allies to bring down John.

I completely forgot she said this. I think this is way more of a spoiler than Gina thinking he is a nice guy. What were her words exactly?

It really seems like they are editing Rob to be very unlikeable when in truth he is probably getting along pretty well with everyone, a la Richard and Lex. Only we see all the crass blather. Remember how everyone in S3 liked Lex? (Well, they were an odd bunch...)

Rob is the star of the show for sure. The star of the show never goes out early. Rob has "BB2's Dr. Will" written on his forehead.

Also if he was at loser lodge with Sara and didn't make the jury, why she think he "fit in well over there?"

More and more I think about it, Rob is going to stick around a while. Oh, I hope. Survivor hasn't been this much fun since Jerri!

Edited to disclaim that I hadn't actually read Wephanie's post before I posted this. I got the quote above from True's post. Sorry for the redundancy, didn't mean to pilfer your thoughts! As Sara would say, "Wephanie, I am in agreeance with you."

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings

04-08-02, 01:49 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Story Speculation:Robfather"
>I completely forgot she said this. I think this is
>way more of a spoiler than Gina thinking he is
>a nice guy. What were her words exactly?

Here are her exact words from big idiot's "Sarah's Web Chatter" thresd...

* How did you react when you saw Rob and Sean get a taste of reality at the Rotu camp?
I thought it was funny, I was laughing. The stuff they were saying was totally them. Sean I knew would be in shock but Rob would fit in over there nicely.

It IS interesting now that we know what has happened since then -- she has all the subtlety of a rhinoceros tiptoeing around in a china shop so it may very well suggest that she's let the cat out of the bag that Robfaddah goes pretty far.

I'm still not sold on this theory yet (I see him going next if they don't pick Kathy off first), but if Rob survives the next two episodes, then we've got to give LadyT her props and Sarah's words even greater weight.

Soprano55 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

04-06-02, 05:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Soprano55 Click to send private message to Soprano55 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Story Speculation:Robfather"
LadyT: I could not agree with you more. I despised Rob from the beginning, but found myself cheering him on part way through episode 6, much to my surprise and shame. When I expressed my feelings to friends who are Survivor fans this morning, they said they had changed their minds and felt the same way. Rob is playing differently than Dicque, whom I never disliked.On the other hand John is trying to be Dicque, with his blatant attempts to tell everyone he is in charge, and running around naked, but he is far from being Dicque, and will never be. I hope Rob is smarter than he is edited....I think he is, and hope he goes very far. Sean, on the other hand is beyond redemption.
Now having said that, I am worried that now that Rob is building a fan base he will be next to go. Taking out John would make him a hero. Go Rob!!!!!

wephanie 12 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

04-06-02, 06:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail wephanie Click to send private message to wephanie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Story Speculation:Robfather"
LAST EDITED ON 04-06-02 AT 06:36 PM (EST)

Rob is by far the star of S4. I see a lot of Lex similatities with Rob, and that whole love/hate thing. It takes a strong willed person to get the final 4. Rob is that strong willed person like Lex was.

I think it's pretty clear, or at least right in front of our eyes, that Rob is going to go far.

Why else would Sarah say her "ONE" regret about the show was that "she didn't stand on the original disk" during the switch epesode. Because if she stayed on that disk she would be with Rob. Or because she would be with rob and go far with him.

Sarah also said that "it doesn't surprise her that Rob fit in well with the other tribe."

This could mean after the merge, when N/K/P get to know him and maybe like him. The only person that doesn't like Rob is John. I haven't heard anything yet from RG/T/Z saying they agree to get rid of him/ dislike him.

And Tammy sure was routing to win during Ep6 IC. She was wispering "go go go, come on we've got to move faster, ok we have to remember that one" to Rob during the maze. Yes she was wispering. Why else would she wisper. Because she doen't want John to know she wants to win. Winning means keeping Rob. And that is exactly what happend.

This may be a crazy idea, but I think Rob will whooh Nelah (dumb blond) in some way. Not that Nelah is dumb. But they are sitting next to each other during the EP7 prayer session. (maybe a secert alliance thing, since he is cutting his ties with V.)

I dunnknow!

But in my opinion the Gina interview spoiler isn't a spoiler at all. I read the transcript on Survivorfever, and NO WHERE does she say he's a nice guy OFF THE ISLAND. She just said he's a nice guy.

DVK 33 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

04-06-02, 06:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail DVK Click to send private message to DVK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Story Speculation:Robfather"
Great stuff on this thread.
There isn't even a small chance that Neleh and Rob will hook up like Sarah and Rob did!!!
I also hated Rob until last episode I now have changed my opinion of him, I still don't like him very well but he's a player!!! He is making this season fun. Johns' a jerk and most of the rest are just boring so far. I even live in the same small town as Neleh, Layton Utah. Her family and friends all go around with the Neleh Dennis T-shirts saying Sweet Pea on them ( I've only seen a couple) I'm rooting for her, but Rob is funner to watch.

Dirk

And your whiney butt opinion would be?

wephanie 12 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

04-07-02, 00:02 AM (EST)
Click to EMail wephanie Click to send private message to wephanie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Story Speculation:Robfather"
<There isn't even a small chance that Neleh and Rob will hook up like Sarah and Rob did!!!>

Well, I didn't mean in the touchy feely sense like him and Sarah had. Nelah doesn't come across like that at all. They would get a long in terms of conversation viewpoint sense.

Also Rob from the get go has tried to hunt for food meat. But of course Hunter stopped him in Ep1, because he had to be the "Hunter (worker) bee".

So since Nelah is crafty at finding great meaty food sources, I can see him and Nelah clicking.

I dunnknow???? What do you think?

I_AM_HE 6123 desperate attention whore postings

04-06-02, 07:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail I_AM_HE Click to send private message to I_AM_HE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Story Speculation:Robfather"
let's hope not!!!

if Rob makes it further than three more votes, it won't be because he is smart, but because everyone else is incredibly stupid. he has done nothing ingenious, only what's been obvious, and I think old Rotu will see through it before too long. John already has

i find John infinitely more interesting than Rob with his 6 year old IQ. both of them are equally self-delusional, but I laugh more at John. i do think John may go first though, if he intends to keep his promise to the New Tus (which I agree with Bebo, I think his wanting to get rid of Rob this episode was because he intends to keep his promise next episode)

Kokoro 3899 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

04-06-02, 09:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Kokoro Click to send private message to Kokoro Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Story Speculation:Robfather"
I feel that Rob ~will~ beat John and that is the story he is being set up for (all the Rob/John conflict has to come to a head at some point) - but I don't see him winning.

He's played a rather pathetic game so far IMO; but John is obviously being set up to go soon:

1.) He's laid his cards out on the table to ~everyone~ in his tribe when there was no reason to. Anyone who we see doing this (and especially when an alliance is lingered on for more than a single episode) usually has their plans blow up in their face.

2.) He's also being a cocky bastard in front of everyone else. I remember Rich was a cocky bastard too, but he also said at one point that it was something he kept in check because it would get him voted out.

3.) His screen time has quadrupled in the past couple episodes....

After John goes, Rob has won the war and is free to go at any point after that the way I see it.

----------------------------------------
Now let us never speak of S3 again.

Gabriel: "Alright, John go straight! Straight!" - Um, Gabe?

Stop Discrimination Now

Spidey 6259 desperate attention whore postings

04-06-02, 10:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Spidey Click to send private message to Spidey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Story Speculation:Robfather"
Agreed. Star or not, Rob will likely not win. Although he would probably beat several people in a final 2 depending on how things shook out, he just won't get there. He'll get tossed after he positions his alliance of r/s/v/n/p as final five (just one scenario).

I have gone from "he's a unanimous boot next week" to "I really do doubt he will go before F5 or 6."

I am falling hook line and sinker? I really think we are onto something here.

I_AM_HE 6123 desperate attention whore postings

04-06-02, 10:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail I_AM_HE Click to send private message to I_AM_HE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Story Speculation:Robfather"
LAST EDITED ON 04-06-02 AT 10:47 PM (EST)

i think that's a good analysis Kokoro (and much more politely put than mine, haha )

while John may get the boot in one of the next two episodes, I see Rob going almost right after him (if not before)

drich61 558 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

04-06-02, 10:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail drich61 Click to send private message to drich61 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Story Speculation:Robfather"
>Burnett tells a story. Is
>Robfather's story done? Not
>by a long shot.

I totally agree LadyT, and along this same line we also got the beginning of the end for Zoe this week. It cannot be a good thing to crawl out from the UTR rock, to be branded a liar by two of the 3 tribal leaders. Remember this episode is titled "True Lies." I see her end coming in the next couple weeks, but John would definately go before her. I can see the 3 Maros and the 3 Romas joining forces against the 4 Rotus, for a couple episodes.

I must also say I am still bothered by the lie CBS told us at the beginning of the season. Maybe before the season started 30% of the people thought Kathy would be the ultimate survivor. However after the first episode most people thought Kathy would be the first Rotu gone, but CBS told us 45% of the people thought she would be the ultimate survivor? Was there some truth in that lie "True Lies"? CBS also had Richard saying before the season strated "If you think you know how the game is played, think again" or something like that. Whom (but maybe me) knowing how the game is played would now imagine an unlikely team of Rob and Kathy being the final two?

munson 1314 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

04-06-02, 11:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail munson Click to send private message to munson Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Story Speculation:Robfather"
Whom (but maybe me) knowing how the game is played would now imagine an unlikely team of Rob and Kathy being the final two?

How great would this be? Unfortunately, it appears that I'm in the minority, on this thread anyway, as I'm leaning toward a Rob boot this episode.

While Gina may have said she liked Rob, she also said he played a stupid game. This comment on Rob was far too immediate and spontaneous to be purposeful misdirection, IMO, and it didn't seem to be a personal attack. This certainly doesn't mean he's next to go, but it hardly indicates success at fending off the old Rotu alliance.

As for how the editting is setting up a John/Rob showdown, we've seen in previous versions that when a castaway talks about "getting" someone for what are mostly personal reasons (i.e. Sue-Kelly/Rich, Sue/Kelly, Pagong/Rich, Jerri/Keith, Lindsey/Frank, Kelly/Lex), the speaker is usually the first to go. If MB is showing us someone that is taking it personally, that person just gets a big target on their forehead! It's obvious John wants to get rid of Rob because Rob is a threat to him. Rob wants John because he doesn't like him, at least that is what the editting leads me to believe, and that makes all the difference.

Another problem that Rob has, as he said himself last episode, is that he's got no plan so he'll have to try and put something together with the new Maraamu. This is the opposite of Rich. Rich was is control from the moment he set foot on the island. I think a John/Rich comparison is more appropriate at this point in the game. Both worked hard, had a plan, and managed to get others to vote the way he wanted them to. But will he be able to keep his alliance together now that everyone knows how the game is played? I guess I'll keep watching - even if Rob does go next.

04-07-02, 06:47 PM (EST)
18. "RE: Story Speculation:Robfather"
At this point I do think Kathy goes this week. I do not think the storyline between Rob and John is over yet. And the audience wants to see it play out. Where we have seen plenty of Kathy. She has had her face time. And she did go out and visit Hunter in Calif. after the game. Something she may have done if she got to know him at Loser Lodge.

hearkittykitty 75 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

04-08-02, 02:45 AM (EST)
Click to EMail hearkittykitty Click to send private message to hearkittykitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Story Speculation:Robfather"
Since the rumor mill has Gina moving to La Jolla; would it be inconceivable for Kathy to visit out there to help her get a deal on a place to live -- at least advise her on what would be a good deal?

There's also friendship by association like Dianne/T-bird.

Kathy had enough time to become friends with Gina (similar environmental interests) -- so she could have been visiting Gina and Hunter.

Naked 887 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

04-08-02, 01:21 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Naked Click to send private message to Naked Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Story Speculation:Robfather"
Lady T,

Great analysis of the editing on Rob. I am begining to think in similar lines as you. I am getting a Richard Hatch type begrudging respect for him, and I think that has to be because of editing.

I do think that it could go the other way very easily though with Rob getting booted this week.

If he is still there after a couple of more EP's then I'll take a little more note then.

JohnMc 2679 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

04-09-02, 12:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail JohnMc Click to send private message to JohnMc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "Rob as Clarence"
Kudo's to Rob for "bein' a playa!" Rotu tried to throw a challenge so that they could boot Rob, but Kathy's lack of skill screwed that up.

Because of that, though, we know that Rob is a BIG TIME IMMUNITY THREAT. He has to win simply because we know that he can pull off a Colby/Kelly. No one else really besides Hunter had the physical assets to pull that off, so Rob needs to go. Slot 10, no jury. As NSync would say,

BYE BYE BYE

managerr 1959 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

04-09-02, 12:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail managerr Click to send private message to managerr Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: Rob as Jerri"
In S2, a lot of people were making the same Jerri/Rich comparisons. Not necessarily in terms of strategy, but in terms of editing. Jerri was being edited such that everything was revolving around her and she was dominating the game. The same thing is happening this time out with Rob.

Imho, I think Rob will suffer a similar fate to Jerri. A mid-game victim and then we'll be able to see the "real players" rise to the surface as we did in S2.

Richard had his moments and was prominent throughout, but in no way was every episode centered around him like it is with Rob and Jerri.

ulalame 778 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

04-09-02, 01:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ulalame Click to send private message to ulalame Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: Rob as Jerri"
There are material differences between Rob's position and Jerri's, however. Jerri was shown as being in charge of an alliance that was large enough, had she maintained control, to take her to final 5. She was edited as being the villain, and the "spider" pulling the strings, but in reality someone else had control of her alliance and upset her position.

Rob is a true underdog. He is in a minority alliance and a true threat to the other players, due to his wileyness and strength. The fact that he has lasted this long is impressive. If he pulls out an upset and stays in the game, it will be a major coup. Even though there are some similarities in his and Jerri's editing, I think the differences in their positions in the game will lead to the Robfather meeting a different end than Jerri did.

JohnMc 2679 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

04-10-02, 03:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail JohnMc Click to send private message to JohnMc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "Don't let him on the jury"
It is surprising that Rob has lasted this long. If Peter had voted for Sarah instead of Pat, this would be a whole different game. (Probably wouldn't have been a swap if it weren't for what proceeded to happen, but that's another entirely hypothetical situation.) If Sarah had been booted, then Sean would probably be next, leaving Rob and Vee in the minority on the tribe. Vee is very much "no drama" and concievably could have aligned herself w/Hunter and his alliance. (This is SO Mike Skupin: strong man can't survive.) Anyway, I digress...

Rob shouldn't have lasted so long, and he's a BIG TIME threat to immunity. Get rid of him now.

Kokoro 3899 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

04-10-02, 04:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Kokoro Click to send private message to Kokoro Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: Don't let him on the jury"
<<If Peter had voted for Sarah instead of Pat, this would be a whole different game. >>

Erm....it still would have been Peter - 5 vs Sarah - 3?

----------------------------------------
Now let us never speak of S3 again.

Gabriel: "Alright, John go straight! Straight!" - Um, Gabe?

Stop Discrimination Now

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •