The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Top 7 - Mariah Night - Rankings/Thoughts"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

geekboy 1788 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

04-15-08, 10:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail geekboy Click to send private message to geekboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Top 7 - Mariah Night - Rankings/Thoughts"
This season keeps surprising me. When i think the night will be a train wreck, its not. And vice-versa. Everyone did a surprisingly good performance tonight, but Simon was right - it was the boys' night to shine.

1 - David Cook - back where he belongs. He took another extreme risk, and shined. Taking a pop/R&B smash hit, and turning it around into a brooding, almost grungy, stalkerish vibe was pure brilliance. All the heaps of praise were deserved, and the tears were genuine. This was his best, topping even 'Billie Jean' becasue this was his creation.
2 - Jason - Personally, I loved this almost as much as David Cook's. I think Jason is starting to shine at the perfect point in this competition. He was slipping, but now the effort is paying off and he's back into the competition.
3 - Brooke - I love her when itsjust her at the piano. Like Jason, she's been slipping the past couple of weeks, but tonight she was back in her groove. Yes, it wasn't perfect, but this is the Brooke i loved early on.
4 - Kristy - Kristy, too, like Jason is rising to the challenge at the perfect time. Who would have thought she would still be here, but she's had strong performances lately.
5 - David A - Had no clue what the song was. He did OK, but he's sounding teh same week in and week out.
6 - Carly - I didn't like it.
7 - Syesha - Also, didn't like this one at all. She deserved to go the past two weeks, in my opinion. I'm completely over her, with her inflated ego.

geekboy

"I love puppies!" - S. Cowell

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Top 7 - Mariah Night - Rankings... Maroonclown 04-15-08 1
 RE: Top 7 - Mariah Night - Rankings... Iconoclastic 04-15-08 2
 RE: Top 7 - Mariah Night - Rankings... nailbone 04-16-08 3
   RE: Top 7 - Mariah Night - Rankings... Magnolia_Rocker 04-16-08 14
 RE: Top 7 - Mariah Night - Rankings... tamarama 04-16-08 4
 RE: Top 7 - Mariah Night - Rankings... theincrediblehugey 04-16-08 5
 RE: Top 7 - Mariah Night - Rankings... Glow 04-16-08 6
   RE: Top 7 - Mariah Night - Rankings... memzoo48 04-17-08 35
 RE: Top 7 - Mariah Night - Rankings... mrc 04-16-08 7
 RE: Top 7 - Mariah Night - Rankings... Ahtumbreez 04-16-08 8
   RE: Top 7 - Mariah Night - Rankings... Glow 04-16-08 9
       RE: Top 7 - Mariah Night - Rankings... Ahtumbreez 04-16-08 15
           RE: Top 7 - Mariah Night - Rankings... Glow 04-16-08 17
               RE: Top 7 - Mariah Night - Rankings... Ahtumbreez 04-16-08 32
                   RE: Top 7 - Mariah Night - Rankings... memzoo48 04-17-08 36
                       RE: Top 7 - Mariah Night - Rankings... Ahtumbreez 04-17-08 37
                           RE: Top 7 - Mariah Night - Rankings... nailbone 04-18-08 38
 RE: Top 7 - Mariah Night - Rankings... Corvis 04-16-08 10
   RE: Top 7 - Mariah Night - Rankings... mindy23 04-16-08 11
 RE: Top 7 - Mariah Night - Rankings... angelworth29 04-16-08 12
   RE: Top 7 - Mariah Night - Rankings... Corvis 04-16-08 13
   RE: Top 7 - Mariah Night - Rankings... Glow 04-16-08 18
       RE: Top 7 - Mariah Night - Rankings... angelworth29 04-16-08 22
   RE: Top 7 - Mariah Night - Rankings... geekboy 04-16-08 24
       RE: Top 7 - Mariah Night - Rankings... angelworth29 04-16-08 31
 RE: Top 7 - Mariah Night - Rankings... agman 04-16-08 16
 RE: Top 7 - Mariah Night - Rankings... bullzeye 04-16-08 19
 RE: Top 7 - Mariah Night - Rankings... emydi 04-16-08 20
   RE: Top 7 - Mariah Night - Rankings... geekboy 04-16-08 25
       RE: Top 7 - Mariah Night - Rankings... emydi 04-16-08 29
       RE: Top 7 - Mariah Night - Rankings... bullzeye 04-16-08 33
 RE: Top 7 - Mariah Night - Rankings... KeithFan 04-16-08 21
 RE: Top 7 - Mariah Night - Rankings... frisky 04-16-08 23
 RE: Top 7 - Mariah Night - Rankings... TxMom2011 04-16-08 26
 RE: Top 7 - Mariah Night - Rankings... dragonflies 04-16-08 27
 RE: Top 7 - Mariah Night - Rankings... singer 04-16-08 28
 RE: Top 7 - Mariah Night - Rankings... nailbone 04-16-08 30
   RE: Top 7 - Mariah Night - Rankings... BrokenIdol 04-17-08 34

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Maroonclown 5829 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-15-08, 10:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Maroonclown Click to send private message to Maroonclown Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Top 7 - Mariah Night - Rankings/Thoughts"
I'd agree almost to the tee. But for the position of David Cooke. I can't watch the guy.

I switched over at the end of Brooke's performance and she was shaking so badly and really messing up that I was wondering what we had missed during *STOOPID HAWKEY BREAK*.

But. . .other than that . . .I'm onside with your analysis.

Iconoclastic 151 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

04-15-08, 11:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Iconoclastic Click to send private message to Iconoclastic Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Top 7 - Mariah Night - Rankings/Thoughts"
1)David Cook - He's the only thing that keeps this year from sucking as bad as last year

2)Jason Castro - Really liked this performance, he's smooth and cool

Karaoke Hell:

3)Carly Smithson - Congratulations, as winner of the karaoke level you win a free pitcher of beer

4)Archie - Well, he's sucked worse

5)Syesha Mercado - (just copy and paste one of my other comments for her, they're all the same because her performances are all the same)

6)Kristy Lee Cook - At least she didn't twang it up

7)Brooke White - Won't be sad to see her go, but will be disappointed if she takes Kristy's trip home

nailbone 27263 desperate attention whore postings

04-16-08, 00:08 AM (EST)
Click to EMail nailbone Click to send private message to nailbone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Top 7 - Mariah Night - Rankings/Thoughts"
1. David C. - amazing, week after week

2. Jason - ditto

3. Carly - the best of the rest

4. thru 6. the rest, who can leave in any order

Magnolia_Rocker 2139 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

04-16-08, 10:01 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Magnolia_Rocker Click to send private message to Magnolia_Rocker Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Top 7 - Mariah Night - Rankings/Thoughts"
^^^What Boner said. My thoughts exactly.

My future Rockers! Twins Blog

tamarama 1785 desperate attention whore postings

04-16-08, 00:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail tamarama Click to send private message to tamarama Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Top 7 - Mariah Night - Rankings/Thoughts"
I'm typically most interested in contestants that have a really strong persona (yeah, deep, I know) - Bo, Blake, George, Taylor...and that's about it from past seasons. So this year, the only 2 I'm remotely interested in are the same - strong, individual styles. (OK, 2.5 - I kinda like Brooke too)

1. Jason Castro -- On a night that I hated...almost as much as I expected to...Jason's very "Jason" take on a Mariah tune was one of only 2 things worth listening to.

2. David Cook -- I really liked this as well, also very a "David" performance. He's below Jason only because I think the song itself was weaker, not necessarily David's performance of it.

GAP

3. Brooke -- I like Brooke, and she's certainly...herself. But I'm just not as engaged by her as by DC & JC. Too Osmond-y maybe.

GAP

4. Kristy Lee Cook -- can't believe she's not last, but really, she sings OK, and I truly find her much less annoying than the other 3. Go know.

5. Carly Smithson -- I think Carly's got a terrific voice, but her tension is killing her -- she's over-singing and not connecting emotionally.

TIE 6/7. David A. & Syesha -- I just want to scream when these two are on the screen. It's not that they're bad singers, because they're not. But I still want to scream. Awful, awful, awful.

theincrediblehugey 141 desperate attention whore postings

04-16-08, 02:04 AM (EST)
Click to EMail theincrediblehugey Click to send private message to theincrediblehugey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Top 7 - Mariah Night - Rankings/Thoughts"
My favorites:
1. David C. - "out of the box" performance
2. David A. - falsetto was brave and beautiful
3. Jason - cool
4. Brooke - rushed and shakey at the end but I'll still download the studio version because I love listening to her voice.

Hope these guys leave before my favorites:
5. Kristy - powerful ending.
6. Carly - I used to like that song, but I didn't care for her version.
7. Syesha - don't remember it.

Glow 14353 desperate attention whore postings

04-16-08, 08:20 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Glow Click to send private message to Glow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Top 7 - Mariah Night - Rankings/Thoughts"
I was not a fan of last night's show for two reasons. We had Mariah Carey and we didn't have Michael.

1. Jason - I want to go to that luau with Paula and get high with Jason and just listen to him sing all night long. love him.
2. Cook - He still strikes me as quite pompous. The embarrassed aw shucks after the praise was false and obnoxious. I don't dislike him though and I certainly don't discount his talent. I am a proud owner of "Analog Heart".
3. Brooke - I love Brooke. I didn't love the performance but I wasn't mad at her either... uh... dawg. (sorry for the Randy-ism) I hope her album goes folksy and not poppy.
4. Kristy - she hasn't svcked for a few weeks now. Good on ya, KLC.
5. Carly - I wanted to throw her some votes last night but we didn't watch until 11.
6. Archuletta - I'm over him. I wonder if they felt safe letting him go first. Interesting. His praise was over.the.top. and not exactly deserved.
7. Syesha - I am so ready for her to leave. I don't get it. Why is somebody screeching into a microphone a good thing? Chihuahuas were not jumping up on stage with her, they were hiding under chairs and things.

memzoo48 347 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

04-17-08, 05:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail memzoo48 Click to send private message to memzoo48 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
35. "RE: Top 7 - Mariah Night - Rankings/Thoughts"
Did you notice Mariah used that "I wouldn't be mad at you" line with ... um ... was it David A., this week? Something like if you wanted to get into your falsetto, I wouldn't be mad at you.

mrc 10113 desperate attention whore postings

04-16-08, 08:53 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mrc Click to send private message to mrc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Top 7 - Mariah Night - Rankings/Thoughts"
1. David C.
2. Jason
3. Carly
4. Brooke
5. Kristy
6. Syesha
7. David A.

Ahtumbreez 10456 desperate attention whore postings

04-16-08, 09:02 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Ahtumbreez Click to send private message to Ahtumbreez Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Top 7 - Mariah Night - Rankings/Thoughts"
LAST EDITED ON 04-16-08 AT 10:10 AM (EST)

1. Jason - Why was I even worried. Great. He can sing at my luau anytime. Randy's an idiot.

2. Cook - Really he's just a smidge away from being tied for first. I didn't like the beginning.

3. Brooke - I think she did really well for it being Mariah week. She's letting her emotions get in the way. The big goof a few weeks ago (starting over) didn't phase her at all, and lastnight there were nerves all over the place.

4. Kristy - I think she did well.

5. Carly- Except for her low notes I liked it. When she goes low she almost sounds like a woman trying to sound like a man.

6. David A- I would call him Wheezy but that would be insulting Wheezy.

7. Syesha - Weak diva wannabe.

btw- I tried calling for Jason - didn't get thru one time.

etc an I to a He

04-16-08, 09:26 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Glow Click to send private message to Glow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Top 7 - Mariah Night - Rankings/Thoughts"
Did you try for the full two hours?

04-16-08, 10:09 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Ahtumbreez Click to send private message to Ahtumbreez Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Top 7 - Mariah Night - Rankings/Thoughts"
Yep, I tried sporadically the first 1 1/2 hours, then continuously the last 1/2 hour and never got thru.

Agman took me to the islands

04-16-08, 10:31 AM (EST)
17. "RE: Top 7 - Mariah Night - Rankings/Thoughts"
Good girl.

04-16-08, 02:30 PM (EST)
32. "RE: Top 7 - Mariah Night - Rankings/Thoughts"
Well, after what happen to Michael last week I didn't want to say I didn't try if Jason gets the whammy!

Of course, reading some dialidol threads I don't think my paltry cellphone manual dialing is going to make much of a difference.

memzoo48 347 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

04-17-08, 05:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail memzoo48 Click to send private message to memzoo48 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
36. "RE: Top 7 - Mariah Night - Rankings/Thoughts"
WTG, Tummy! I'm thinking of having a luau myself . . . . I'm not inviting you or MC, though. Not to the first one, anyway.

04-17-08, 06:16 PM (EST)
37. "RE: Top 7 - Mariah Night - Rankings/Thoughts"
*going off to find MC so we can take you into a dark alley and........

Agman took me to the islands

04-18-08, 10:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail nailbone Click to send private message to nailbone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
38. "RE: Top 7 - Mariah Night - Rankings/Thoughts"
So is that what it takes to get you two alone in a dark alley?

Corvis 3130 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

04-16-08, 09:28 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Corvis Click to send private message to Corvis Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Top 7 - Mariah Night - Rankings/Thoughts"
Well, I have to post since my opinion is so different from everyone else's.

1 - David Cook - This was an excellent performance, showing true talent and an excellent understanding of music and his style. He knows himself and like Simon (or was it Randy?) said, he's ready to record an album right now.

2 - Syesha - She brought it again with an excellent performance. I don't judge them on their attitude, just their singing ability and their performance.

3 - David A - Once again, he shows why he's been the front runner, although I think Cook too that slot a few weeks ago. An excellent performance.

4 - Kristy - She's been raising her game for the last three weeks. She's actually starting to remind me of Carrie Underwood when she was on Idol, except Kristy seems to connect with the song better than Carrie ever did (on Idol, that is).

5 - Brooke - Brooke on the piano is a wonderful thing. She lost it about halfway through, but what the heck - she's not made for a Mariah Carey song. She needs to sing her own stuff.

6 - Jason - I still don't get it. He still bores me. I think that'd be one boring luau.

7 - Carly - I think she's in real danger of going home this week. That was just not good enough.

mindy23 1319 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

04-16-08, 09:45 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mindy23 Click to send private message to mindy23 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Top 7 - Mariah Night - Rankings/Thoughts"
I love this post, too, because it gives us all the freedom to join in without judgement (except last time you all were wondering about Michael's belly-LOL). And he DID get voted off, now didn't he?? Not because of that, though, and I did like the dude!

OK, here we go:

David Cook: Again, just A. MAZ. ING! And I thought MC week would be horrid. NO WAY!! The C MAN was right on the mark once more! IF he doesn't win this whole thing, IMHO, something is very wrong!

Jason: Very strong, 9.5 performance! I was packing my bikini!

Syesha: Yes, I said it! I thought she did very well! So there!

Kristi: Another one to applaud. Not quite a home run, but maybe to 3rd base? I'd give her an 8, at least, out of my 10 ranking.

David A: Whatever. He'll NEVER be voted off, until, like top 3 or 4, so why even bother to critique. Didn't know the song, didn't LIKE the song, hate how the judges wanna give him the phone book to sing. WHAT? 6.5

Carly: I hate so much hope pinned on you, My Irish Girl! What is going on? Do you miss your hubby way too much? You are STUCK in a rut, girl, and if you don't go home this week, which I think you may, you are going to HAVE TO SHAKE IT UP! Get back to those roots, Girl!! 6.0

Brooke: HORRIBLE! I am getting to the point where I just cannot stand listening to this. OK, the voice is 'aright' as Randy says. It's recordable, but like David A, her praise is WAY over the top. Her piano skills are at a 3 or 4 year playing level, at best, and she is expressionless, or way over the top with her expressions. I want to crawl under something when she comes on stage-SHE IS EMBARRASING ME! OK, I said it! 5.5 or less. Haven't decided, but I may actually have something caffeinated when she gets booted! And I'm not Mormon, either..

angelworth29 532 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

04-16-08, 09:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail angelworth29 Click to send private message to angelworth29 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Top 7 - Mariah Night - Rankings/Thoughts"

I'm sorry, I have to disagree with the David Cook lvoefest. I can't stand him. Maybe it's the way he comes across to me as cocky or whatever, but I just don't like him. I thought last night's performance was HORRID. I was cringing. Literally. I could hardly look at the television. I didn't get all the praise he got for that version of the song. I don't think that song would appreciate being sung that way. Okay, I feel better now that I've ranted a little. I much preferred Jason Castro's version of his song - and he made me forget it was a Mariah Carey song - which is what they were saying David did. The whole time I kept thinking, "He is destroying that song...". Anyway, just had to get it out - off to work before I get caught!

Corvis 3130 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

04-16-08, 09:54 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Corvis Click to send private message to Corvis Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Top 7 - Mariah Night - Rankings/Thoughts"
Props to you for coming out here with the alternative opinion!

04-16-08, 10:36 AM (EST)
18. "RE: Top 7 - Mariah Night - Rankings/Thoughts"
I'm getting a little tired of him because of the praising. It's way overdone and bordering obnoxious. They're making me believe the opposite of what they want me to believe. He was growing on me bigtime and they're making my like go backwards.

Desperately trying to keep conspiracy theories to myself.

04-16-08, 11:20 AM (EST)
Click to EMail angelworth29 Click to send private message to angelworth29 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Top 7 - Mariah Night - Rankings/Thoughts"
I think you're on to something - maybe that's what it is for me, too - they praise him too much. I was a little upset over all the praise for "Billie Jean", if only because I loooooove Chris Cornell and thought they were giving David too much credit for the arrangement. My husband thinks I'm crazy b/c I told him the judges are trying to rig the competition. He likes David Cook. Granted, my husband plays guitar and sings, too, so maybe he has sympathy for someone doing "cover" songs. Blerg.... I'm just going on and on... I need to get over it, but I just can't!

Why do I let reality television shows control my life??????

04-16-08, 12:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail geekboy Click to send private message to geekboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: Top 7 - Mariah Night - Rankings/Thoughts"
Hi Angel -

You're not the first person in this thread to make mention that you see David Cook as cocky/arrogant/smug/etc. I simply do NOT get this vibe from him. I see him as one of the least cocky/smug persons on the show this season. You want to talk 'full of himself/herself'? Look no further than Syesha, but I digress.

I just wanted to put in my $0.02 that i disagree and see David Cook as 100% genuine.

geekboy

04-16-08, 02:21 PM (EST)
31. "RE: Top 7 - Mariah Night - Rankings/Thoughts"
I completely get that I am in the minority here, but that's okay! I know I didn't mention any of the other contestants (except for Jason), but I do agree with you on the Syesha comment. I told my husband last night - she's a pretty good singer, but something's not right with the personality. She's probably ALWAYS been the best singer growing up, and she's built an ego on that. The smile seems plastered on. But when you put her up against people with great personalities that come through when they sing - she's left in their dust.

I guess since I'm going off topic, I'll rank the rest of them:

1) Jason Castro - totally original (until I hear differently).

2) Daved A, I guess.

Really, the rest are pretty much a blur.

3) Carly - I'm not the biggest fan, but it was ah-ight.

I really didn't like KLC - I pretty much love the Mariah version, so she didn't really do it justice for me. And she's really whiny and does that weird yodel-type thing with her voice that gets on my nerves. Hmmm...can't remember the rest, I guess.

What is weird is that the whole night I kept wondering what the heck Jason was gonna do, and then all of a sudden up comes David Cook - I had totally forgotten about him. I guess that just goes to show how big of a fan I am...lol.

agman 11166 desperate attention whore postings

04-16-08, 10:19 AM (EST)
Click to EMail agman Click to send private message to agman Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Top 7 - Mariah Night - Rankings/Thoughts"
LAST EDITED ON 04-16-08 AT 10:20 AM (EST)

I need to Ditto MRC's list. I agree with his completely. I would also like to add that IMO, Carly did a great job. I enjoyed her song.

sculpted by Tribe

ETF the spelling of Carly's name

bullzeye 5030 desperate attention whore postings

04-16-08, 10:45 AM (EST)
Click to EMail bullzeye Click to send private message to bullzeye Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Top 7 - Mariah Night - Rankings/Thoughts"
For the record, I was not looking forward to Mariah Night. However, I watched with an open mind hoping that like Dolly night, I would be pleasantly surprised. Unfortunately, that was not the case last night. The most boring night so far for me.

1. David Cook. Wow. Thank you David for not making the entire night a complete waste of time. That was a wonderful, creative performance and you deserved the kudos you received. Damn you for making me cry at the end, but Godspeed to your brother.

2. Jason Castro. Like David, he added his own style to this song and as such, I found it very enjoyable. Jason continues to impress me with his consistently strong performances and versatility.

3. Carly Smith. Granted, there is some bias here as I have loved her voice from Day 1. I also think she gets a bum steer from the judges each week and as such, think she will be bottom three and perhaps booted, though IMO, she was not even close to the worst last night.

4. David Arheluta. Still don’t think this kid has any range whatsoever, but that song was in his wheelhouse.

5. Kristy Lee Cook. Yet another week she will be safe. Again – nice voice, just not into her style.

6. Syesha Mercado. Haven’t we heard that before? Oh yeah. Each. And. Every. Week.

7. Brooke White. I’m so done with her.

Chiseled by Abman Agman!

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings

04-16-08, 10:58 AM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Top 7 - Mariah Night - Rankings/Thoughts"
1. David C- that was good...too bad Metallica covered this song just like this a few years ago Actually I looked and couldn't find any covers for this...but he does get cheese pts taken off for trying to sing loooooooong notes like MC and the crying...get a grip

VERY CLOSE 2nd

2. Jason-now that was good. I'm glad he got the pimp spot. Zazzy maybe KKKristy is our Phil and she'll go next week w/o getting a pimp spot

3. David A.-meh it was good I guess if you like him

4. Syesha-Simon was right technically it was good but she should have picked a more recognizable and easier song

5. KKKristy-meh it was bad but not as bad as the others

6. Brooke-omh that was horrible the middle was bad...I think she has a good chance of going home after that

7. Carly-the beginning wasn't horrible but the middle and ending were horrible. The plant gets the bottom spot bc she lied..she met MC before and there's even a magazine article about it. She should go home but....

04-16-08, 12:28 PM (EST)
25. "RE: Top 7 - Mariah Night - Rankings/Thoughts"
Why is everyone all over David Cook for the tears? Imagine yourself is his situation...

* on a show watched by millions
* has received less-than-stellar reviews the last couple weeks
* has an older brother with brain cancer, who flew out this week to see him
* took a major risk on a song, and it worked

I can understand the emotions this guy is going through. He doesn't need to get a grip.

geekboy

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings

04-16-08, 02:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "RE: Top 7 - Mariah Night - Rankings/Thoughts"
I don't know, it was bc of Simon's praise that did it for me which I felt a bit disengenous, that he would not have cried but for that...ymmv...but his brother added to it all so maybe I'm being a bit harsh...

bullzeye 5030 desperate attention whore postings

04-16-08, 04:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bullzeye Click to send private message to bullzeye Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
33. "RE: Top 7 - Mariah Night - Rankings/Thoughts"
I saw it the way you did geekboy. Huge relief that it worked with the judges on the night that his brother was in the audience to see it live. It really moved me.

Chiseled by Abman Agman!

KeithFan 7422 desperate attention whore postings

04-16-08, 10:58 AM (EST)
Click to EMail KeithFan Click to send private message to KeithFan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Top 7 - Mariah Night - Rankings/Thoughts"
Based strictly on last night:

1. David Cook. - It's funny that Paula said that the song should be on a movie track, because that's what I was thinking at the time. Based on where he's been and what he does I think his rap for being arrogant is unjust.

2. Kristy- I think she sung the heck out of the song. It makes me wonder what she has left in her, and if she can really compete for this thing.

GAP

3. Jason- meh. Cool, but I thought it was boring.

4. Brooke. Could have been top tier for me if she hadn't gone all deer in the headlights towards the end and rushed to the finish. I love her style though.

5. Carly. I'm putting her up this high for one reason. Finally she actually wore sleves. Thank you Carly.

GAP

6. Syesha. Fairly or unfairly, her style and the way she sang the song makes her most likely to be compared to Mariah. Really, who can compare to 5 octave perfect pitch?

7. David A.- Jeez Beaver, I just didn't like it. You don't have to go and get all mad and tell mom and dad about it. Maybe if you were in a group with Whitey and Larry you could sing at the Mayfield elementary talent show. Talk to Ms Landers about it.

frisky 11695 desperate attention whore postings

04-16-08, 11:43 AM (EST)
Click to EMail frisky Click to send private message to frisky Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: Top 7 - Mariah Night - Rankings/Thoughts"
LAST EDITED ON 04-16-08 AT 11:43 AM (EST)

I've been staying away from the RTVW AI forums because I have drifted to the dark side.

However, in all fairness, I thought I should pop in and give props to David C. for performing well under exceptionally difficult and emotional circumstances.

Notice I said "performing" and not "singing." That's because if you listen to the performance again without watching and without imagining the performance, it sucks the hind teat. He's all over the place.

However, watching him deliver the song the way that he did, with the orchestra, and the shots of his brother and the family members who kept glancing over at the brother to see his reactions...well, the whole damn thing brought me to tears at the end.

For this, I give David C. four dead birds (out of a possible five).

The rest are not worth the hunt. Well, except Jason, but I would never be able to come up with enough dead birds to satisfy his munchies.

Perpetual *headbutt* compliments of Rolly.

TxMom2011 188 desperate attention whore postings

04-16-08, 12:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TxMom2011 Click to send private message to TxMom2011 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: Top 7 - Mariah Night - Rankings/Thoughts"
David Cook - He deserves the praise

Jason Castro - What a cutie patootie... I like his cool folksy vibe

Kristi - I dont care for her but she did well last nite

David A - I really dont like his style - I guess you would call him an inspirational singer... but last nite I was waiting for him to hold up Simba in a offering (all of his songs sound like they come from a Disney soundtrack)

Carly Carly Carly - sigh... I had such high hopes ... it was not good

Syesha - just a mediocre diva... plus she irks me

Brooke - sweet Brooke.... I hope you find something that suits you before you are sent home.... that was awful

dragonflies 8051 desperate attention whore postings

04-16-08, 01:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dragonflies Click to send private message to dragonflies Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "RE: Top 7 - Mariah Night - Rankings/Thoughts"
1. David Cook
2. Jason Castro

The rest don't matter to me.

who said we could be informal anyway? Thanks Agman!

singer 1910 desperate attention whore postings

04-16-08, 01:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail singer Click to send private message to singer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "RE: Top 7 - Mariah Night - Rankings/Thoughts"
People were so good tonight that I don't know who will get cut.

The Girls

1. I don't think that Syesha's ego is inflated. She's definitely not the best singer in what has been a very strong group of talented people. This means that she is still a fabulous talent. She's more of a song stylist or a musical theatre type, as far as I can tell.

2. Kristy is also blah to me. Seemingly nice, but very blah. I guess Randy really wants to sign her, so he keeps giving her high praise. I'm not sure that it's deserved.

3. Brooke is not a great vocalist, but she's authentic and she will be a wonderful niche singer. There's a dry edge to some of her notes that I wonder about. (Has she been singing too hard or not resting enough? I can't quite put my finger on it.) But I do know that her personality and good looks make up for technical shortcomings that she exhibits from time to time.

4. Carly is not a singer that the judges want to endorse. That's why they keep damning her with faint praise, in spite of the fact that she's an exceptional talent. She's much better than they ever give her credit for. I think she's pretty, too. If she gets pushed out tonight, it may be due in part to the way that the judges speak of her performances.

The Boys

5. David Cook is an original, and I love his voice. But BOY does he have a big head! (It gives him excellent resonance, though.)

6. David Archuleta should get to the finals, and if he can relax more, he'll be a major super star. Since he's still a kid, I'm sure he'll become more confident with age.

7. Jason is good and he's different. He may make it to the final four.

--Singer

04-16-08, 02:08 PM (EST)
30. "RE: Top 7 - Mariah Night - Rankings/Thoughts"
becasue this was his creation.

As far as we know.

BrokenIdol 17 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

04-17-08, 05:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail BrokenIdol Click to send private message to BrokenIdol Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
34. "RE: Top 7 - Mariah Night - Rankings/Thoughts"
LAST EDITED ON 04-17-08 AT 05:59 PM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 04-17-08 AT 05:51 PM (EST)

Am I the only one that thinks the only unique voices on the show are Brooke's, David A.'s, and Jason's? David Cook sounds just like Creed, Daughtery, or Staind, (which doesn't mean BAD, just another in the crowd). Anyway;

1). David A.
2). Brooke
3). Jason
4). David C.
5). Syesha
6). Kristy
7). Carly

Yet, I DO think this is the BEST talent, (at this stage), ever, on American Idol!

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •