The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Not So Move of the Week: Episode Five"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Basher Forum (Protected)
Original message

magic_star 2400 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

06-29-03, 05:15 AM (EST)
Click to EMail magic_star Click to send private message to magic_star Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Not So Move of the Week: Episode Five"

Welcome to the episode five Not So Move of the Week voting thread!

There are six choices here and you can pick one. The choice that gets the most votes will move on to the Not So Move of the Season Vote at the end of the season.

These choices are based on moves of no intelligence, poor decisions made by a team, or downward movements in the field of competition.

If you'd like to take a look at the episode four thread go here:
Episode Four Voting Thread
If you'd like to take a look at the episode four results go here:
Episode Four Results

Your episode five choices are...

1.Monica/Sheree go to the wrong side of the bridge on their way to the waterway boats. They lose a few minutes of time.

2.Millie/Chuck blow their lead at the boat pick up area by waiting a few minutes to start moving. Chuck decides to examine the map, but he never ends up finding the Scheepaart Museum on the map anyways. They end up going the wrong way and lose over an hour of time.

3.Kelly/Jon, Reichen/Chip, and Monica/Sheree follow Millie/Chuck down the wrong way. They don't try to examine their maps until they are far down the waterway.

4.Tian/Jaree fight in the waterway boat. They don't get anything accomplished and waste plenty of valuable time. They go on to finish the leg in 7th place.

5.Reichen/Chip and Steve/Dave choose to do the Cheese detour Choice, which takes alot more time to do. Reichen/Chip fall from 2nd to 4th place. Steve/Dave go on to be eliminated.

6.Monica/Sheree attempt to turn around in very deep mud grass. Their car gets stuck and they lose time trying to get it out.

This vote will close Thursday 8:00 PM EST.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Not So Move of the Week: Episod... realitybites 06-29-03 1
 RE: Not So Move of the Week: Episod... TeamJoisey 06-29-03 2
 RE: Not So Move of the Week: Episod... DEVILRAYS 06-29-03 3
   RE: Not So Move of the Week: Episod... dajaki 06-29-03 8
 RE: Not So Move of the Week: Episod... minitroll 06-29-03 4
 RE: Not So Move of the Week: Episod... VA Slim 06-29-03 5
 RE: Not So Move of the Week: Episod... cyclehausen 06-29-03 6
   RE: Not So Move of the Week: Episod... managerr 06-30-03 13
       RE: Not So Move of the Week: Episod... cyclehausen 06-30-03 15
           RE: Not So Move of the Week: Episod... magic_star 06-30-03 16
 RE: Not So Move of the Week: Episod... dajaki 06-29-03 7
 RE: Not So Move of the Week: Episod... memacmur 06-29-03 9
 RE: Not So Move of the Week: Episod... Edgeless Grass 06-29-03 10
 RE: Not So Move of the Week: Episod... Survivorerist 06-30-03 11
 RE: Not So Move of the Week: Episod... managerr 06-30-03 12
 RE: Not So Move of the Week: Episod... kpod 06-30-03 14
 RE: Not So Move of the Week: Episod... MsShel330 06-30-03 17
 RE: Not So Move of the Week: Episod... tvgeek401 07-01-03 18
 RE: Not So Move of the Week: Episod... PlumBlossom 07-03-03 19

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

realitybites 1174 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

06-29-03, 05:37 AM (EST)
Click to EMail realitybites Click to send private message to realitybites Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Not So Move of the Week: Episode Five"
Going with #4 this time.

TeamJoisey 3558 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

06-29-03, 12:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TeamJoisey Click to send private message to TeamJoisey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Not So Move of the Week: Episode Five"

This is tough. A lot of minor annoyingly stupid decisions, but nothing really monumental. That's suprising from a cast this idiotic.

I'll take #2. While none of the choices decided the outcome of the leg (steve and dave were doomed anyway), Chuck's failure to get moving drove Millie crazy and hurt them as a team. I think we are seeing large cracks in their relationship.

Of course, you can still win even if your partner is a hideous beast.

These reality show contestants need a reality check!

DEVILRAYS 398 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

06-29-03, 01:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail DEVILRAYS Click to send private message to DEVILRAYS Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Not So Move of the Week: Episode Five"
I would take #2 except that Millie and Chuck still had the Fast Forward as an ace in the hole. Teams are bound to need that from time to time anyway. I also don't take #5 because I doubt doing the cow manure task would have helped Steve and Dave's cause much; in fact, in a big pile of slippery manure, they might have sustained more injury. Remember, these guys are past even middle age; they need to avoid situations where their balance would be tested.

Therefore, I select #4. Tian and Jaree are going to continue to be at each other's throats until they are eliminated. Monica and Sheree made a small error and were OK despite it. For that matter, none of their errors really killed them.

dajaki 1454 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

06-29-03, 07:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dajaki Click to send private message to dajaki Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Not So Move of the Week: Episode Five"
Steve and Dave's cause much; in fact, in a big pile of slippery manure, they might have sustained more injury.

Agree. My DH is a physical therapist, currently with a patient with a total knee replacement, and he thought the cheese detour was their only option. Lift with the legs, boys! If either one had gotten stuck the way that Sheree did, they would have popped their ACLs and anything else in the patellar area.

minitroll 3901 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

06-29-03, 01:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail minitroll Click to send private message to minitroll Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Not So Move of the Week: Episode Five"
I'm going to go with #4. Tian and Jaree are losing their focus (if they ever had it) and are going to fight their way right out of the race.

VA Slim 450 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

06-29-03, 03:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail VA%20Slim Click to send private message to VA%20Slim Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Not So Move of the Week: Episode Five"
#6. I said this in another thread but glas you're in the Netherlands! Hello! Below sea level mean anything to you? Getting off the roads onto mashy grass is not bright. They commented on having trouble with reverse - I don't think the new Mercedes was the problem - you just can't drive a stick!

cyclehausen 1197 desperate attention whore postings

06-29-03, 06:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cyclehausen Click to send private message to cyclehausen Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Not So Move of the Week: Episode Five"
#6!!! Jeez!

Monica: "I don't want to get stuck in the mud."
(drives car into mud)
Monica: "Why won't this car move?"

Come ON!

managerr 1959 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

06-30-03, 11:01 AM (EST)
Click to EMail managerr Click to send private message to managerr Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Not So Move of the Week: Episode Five"
Hrm, I actually saw an added clip on this, which makes me think about changing my vote to #6.

http://www.cbs.com/primetime/amazing_race4/show/episode05/ar4story04.shtml

(from the CBS summary, click on Monica/Sheree get help)

They had problems driving because *neither* of them know how to drive stick shift. DID YOU EVEN WATCH PREVIOUS EDITIONS OF TAR?
That is the one skill to have--and it will only take a couple of hours of your lives to learn, if that.

cyclehausen 1197 desperate attention whore postings

06-30-03, 06:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cyclehausen Click to send private message to cyclehausen Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Not So Move of the Week: Episode Five"
Nah, they just didn't know how to go into reverse. My first car was a "lift and pull up-and-right" to reverse. When I got my second car, it took me a good twenty minutes to realize that it was "push down-and left." I doubt they could have even made it to the farm if she couldn't drive stick at all.

magic_star 2400 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

06-30-03, 06:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail magic_star Click to send private message to magic_star Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Not So Move of the Week: Episode Five"
Well Shola/Doyin also had the stick-shift problem in season 2. They managed to get around somewhat fine too, until they got stuck in the sand! Of course Shola/Doyin's problem was escalated since they were also lost. Monica/Sheree definitely have the stick-shift problem going on.

T-Mac hits the three! Magic Win! Magic Win!

dajaki 1454 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

06-29-03, 07:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dajaki Click to send private message to dajaki Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Not So Move of the Week: Episode Five"
#4 - No contest. These women are so stupid.

memacmur 359 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

06-29-03, 08:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail memacmur Click to send private message to memacmur Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Not So Move of the Week: Episode Five"
Tough choice between 4 and 6...

But I have to go with #6. If it wasn't for that van happening upon the Supremes, they could've stuck in the mud for a long time... silly risk to take

Edgeless Grass 93 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

06-29-03, 10:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Edgeless%20Grass Click to send private message to Edgeless%20Grass Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Not So Move of the Week: Episode Five"
My thought process:

#1. Although they got to the wrong side, but their alliance with Reichen/Chip help them out.

#2. They stubbonly just go on and on the wrong direction even when other team don't follow them anymore. And why don't they ask for direction from people at the land like Monica/Sheree did? I am voting for this as I think this character is going to kill them sooner or later. And jumping to fast forward when you are not that back behind... isn't it a waste?

#3. Well, at least they make the right decision later and did find the correct location by themselve.

#4. Actually it's quite hard to decide between #2 and #4..It's really annoying to see them fight.

#5. It's just a matter of choice, one won't know how things will turn out till you do it. Can't blame them.

#6. If only they were to do something to get themselve out instead of just crying for help, that should turn the 'not so move' to 'move' of the week.

Conclusion: my vote is #2.

----------- Bye!! -----------

Survivorerist 4103 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

06-30-03, 01:01 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Survivorerist Click to send private message to Survivorerist Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Not So Move of the Week: Episode Five"
#2.

Love you guys, but in the long run, this was a big mistake. You had to burn your Fast Forward and let's not forget that it hurt your compatibility, which is a major asset in the race.

(Another IceCat original )

managerr 1959 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

06-30-03, 10:40 AM (EST)
Click to EMail managerr Click to send private message to managerr Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Not So Move of the Week: Episode Five"
It's close this week but I decided to go with #2. They had to know that they were still probably a couple of teams behind them--and you already spent 1 hour on this detour. Switching tasks is always dangerous. If the FF had been gone, so would this team. As it is, you've burned your fast forward. (Although several teams remaining have also done it)

kpod 125 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

06-30-03, 03:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kpod Click to send private message to kpod Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Not So Move of the Week: Episode Five"
Surprised the Ill-Fated French Connection didn't make the list (the teams involved certainly got enough Ryans for it), but perhaps just as well, since refusing that flight option wasn't exactly safe. Anyhoo...

1. And this one DID make the list? What about T&J missing their train by stopping to buy a map (which ended up exacerbating #4 later on)?
6. Maybe it lost something on TV but that grass didn't look so dangerous at first.
2-3. Tied, because they're basically the same mistake. But were M&S actually part of that group? I need to check the replays.
5. Technically the fatal error, but it only really hurt an already mortally-wounded team, and the episode would have been MUCH less for lack of those visuals.
The Loser: #4. Proving KellyJon's prediction at the fiacres wasn't just hot air.

MsShel330 695 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

06-30-03, 09:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MsShel330 Click to send private message to MsShel330 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Not So Move of the Week: Episode Five"
Jeez, I could make a good case for any of them being the Not So move but I have to go with #4. Fighting like that when you're in a race for $1 million is just plain stupid.

tvgeek401 1615 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

07-01-03, 05:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tvgeek401 Click to send private message to tvgeek401 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Not So Move of the Week: Episode Five"
Tough choice between #4 and #2.
#4 I don't know how much more of their fighting I can take. I have no idea how they've stayed in the game this far. They make me want to throw stuff at the tv. Although this was pretty stupid, they've been doing it for the whole race and have managed to stay in thus far...
#2 We have to give Chuck some credit for at least trying to read the map before starting out, even though he still got lost. As a result, they had to waste their FF.

So, even though my initial choice was #4, i am going to officially vote for #2.

About #6. I thought it was funny how one of them (I can't remember which) said something about getting stuck in the mud right before they got stuck in the mud. Quite humorous.
smiles
the tvgeek

PlumBlossom 679 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

07-03-03, 12:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PlumBlossom Click to send private message to PlumBlossom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Not So Move of the Week: Episode Five"

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •