The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Rob Coaching BU Hockey Game today/tonight"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

jkokoj 4389 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

04-04-02, 01:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jkokoj Click to send private message to jkokoj Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Rob Coaching BU Hockey Game today/tonight"
I was over at Survivorfever.net reading the predictions and RWilkes stated the following:
Quote:
"Plus, we have learned that Rob is scheduled to coach his Boston University team at the Collegiate National Inline Hockey Tournament in St. Louis from April 4-7th .... that is during the airing of this episode."

I am unable to confirm this but thought it interesting. I do not think it is possible for him to be flying out tonight or tomorrow for the Early Show if he was to get the boot tonight.

Anyone out there able to search.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Rob Coaching BU Hockey Game tod... savvy 04-04-02 1
   RE: Rob Coaching BU Hockey Game tod... jkokoj 04-04-02 2
       RE: Rob Coaching BU Hockey Game tod... SurvivinDawg 04-04-02 3
       RE: Rob Coaching BU Hockey Game tod... red 04-04-02 4
           RE: Rob Coaching BU Hockey Game tod... SurvivorBlows 04-04-02 8
               RE: Rob Coaching BU Hockey Game tod... I_AM_HE 04-04-02 12
               RE: Rob Coaching BU Hockey Game tod... Miss Clairol 04-04-02 19
                   RE: Rob Coaching BU Hockey Game tod... SurvivorBlows 04-04-02 21
 RE: Rob Coaching BU Hockey Game tod... Outfrontgirl 04-04-02 5
   RE: Rob Coaching BU Hockey Game tod... gemstone 04-04-02 9
 RE: Rob Coaching BU Hockey Game tod... Bebo 04-04-02 6
   RE: Rob Coaching BU Hockey Game tod... KLicK 04-04-02 7
 RE: Rob Coaching BU Hockey Game tod... true 04-04-02 10
   RE: Rob Coaching BU Hockey Game tod... savvy 04-04-02 11
 The Team IS here in St Louis Jizzy 04-04-02 13
   RE: The Team IS here in St Louis bongbear78 04-04-02 14
       RE: The Team IS here in St Louis KLicK 04-04-02 15
   RE: The Team IS here in St Louis true 04-04-02 16
       RE: The Team IS here in St Louis bongbear78 04-04-02 17
 Thanks, group! AyaK 04-04-02 18
   RE: Thanks, group! Outfrontgirl 04-04-02 20

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

savvy 53 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

04-04-02, 01:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail savvy Click to send private message to savvy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Rob Coaching BU Hockey Game today/tonight"
Rob's team has another game at 1:15pm today against Penn State and tomorrow at 11am against South Florida. This is the round robin portion of the tourney.

http://www.pointstreak.com/players/players-team.html?teamId=1149

jkokoj 4389 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

04-04-02, 01:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jkokoj Click to send private message to jkokoj Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Rob Coaching BU Hockey Game today/tonight"
Thanks savvy.

You would think if Rob is indeed with this Hockey team and they are in St. Louis from today through Sunday that there is no way he will be in New York in the a.m. and therefore not a boot tonight.

THOUGHT: Would the Early Show set up for a satilite feed if he is the bootee? I always thought the bootee did a sort of press junket after the Early Show.

Any thoughts on this?

SurvivinDawg 6816 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-04-02, 02:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivinDawg Click to send private message to SurvivinDawg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Rob Coaching BU Hockey Game today/tonight"
This is excellent information, guys, and thanks for posting it!

Of course, it IS possible that Rob would be away from the team and leave them in the hands of an assistant (if there IS an assistant). But his absence might stir up a fuss...

*** Contradictions don't exist. If you are faced with a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong. -- Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

red 140 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

04-04-02, 02:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail red Click to send private message to red Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Rob Coaching BU Hockey Game today/tonight"
The problem with this spoiler, is that it isn't clear to me that Rob is definitely confirmed as being in Saint Louis from what I've read. It's confirmed he's coaching the team this season, and that the team is in Saint Louis, but isn't it possible that he misses a game or two and someone else fills in for him? I don't know anything about sport coaching so excuse me if I'm ignorant.

SurvivorBlows 15230 desperate attention whore postings

04-04-02, 02:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorBlows Click to send private message to SurvivorBlows Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Rob Coaching BU Hockey Game today/tonight"
LAST EDITED ON 04-04-02 AT 03:06 PM (EST)

Below's the inline hockey website:

http://people.bu.edu/inline/

Being a "club sport" they apparently aren't considered part of the BU Atheltic program and therefore aren't listed in that web server -- http://www.bu.edu/athletics/ Instead they are are BU's "people" server -- which is a web server where students and faculty can setup personal websites.

As I've said before, this is not really a true BU athetic program -- it's basically a step up from the co-ed BU intramural leagues that my roommate at the time used to play in when we attended BU in the early/mid 90's. Frankly I'd be shocked if Rob is getting paid ANYTHING for this, I'll bet ETHAN made more as an assistant soccer coach in NY than Rob is getting for this sport. Looking over the roster, there are no assistant coaches listed.

Btw, looking over Rob's bio on the tean website, it's now clear that we can put an asterisk next to that degree that Rob obtained from BU. As I suspected, Rob attended BU's College of General Studies during his first two years at BU (a school that was called the College of Basic Studies when I was there.) CBS/CGS is basically BU's dirty little secret "junior college within a university" -- or as the rest of the student population called it, "extended high school."

If I remember right, students in the school choice from one of three sets of a full-slate of courses (just like in high school -- english, history, math, foreign language, etc.) and a regular daily schedule of classes. All the classes happen in the same one building located on the outer edge of the main campus (complete with the sterotypical separate high school-like clicks of smokers, jocks, etc. hanging out around outside the school during breaks.) After attending the college for two years and completing the "core program," you "graduate" from the College Of General Studies and are guaranteed acceptence into any of BU's "real" undergraduate colleges. Basically this college was the place for BU to dump any students that weren't academically strong enough to gain admission to the normal university colleges. It also served as BU's "cash cow" since obviously very few of these students were on scholarship -- my personal experience is that most of the students enrolled there were either rich or jocks.

Of course I could go on and list dozens of the interesting acronyms that the regular student population had for "CBS," but I won't bother. ...personally, although I personally indirectly benefited from the existence of this college (due to the fact that the more students that were paying full tuition, the more scholarship and grant money that was available to the rest of us) I still was pretty damn disappointed to learn of it's existence and the (at least in my opinion) compromising of admission standards after my arrival on campus.

EDITED TO ADD: If this comes off as a rant with very little spoiler value, well please, indulge me this one... over the past several weeks I've grown increasingly frustrated watching this bozo on TV carrying on with his closed views, discriminatory comments, and general stupidity and I hate to think that anyone which think that this guy is at all reflective of Boston University and it's typical alumni. Tammy also attended BU for her graduate degree, and although we've seen very little of her to date, I'd like to think that she's a little more reflective of the "average" alum. Unfortunately this bozo has to turn out to be the "coach" of a club sport team forcing us to be frequently reminded of his association with the school.

-SB

I_AM_HE 6123 desperate attention whore postings

04-04-02, 03:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail I_AM_HE Click to send private message to I_AM_HE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Rob Coaching BU Hockey Game today/tonight"
no, SB, I think that your post DOES have some spoiler value (in addition to the fact that his degree is about as worthless as Gabe's)

my roommate is a part of the hockey team here at Baylor, which is also a club sport. they have a coach, but he does not always travel with them (they recently played some games in Oklahoma at which the coach was not present) so this gives Rob much more latitude in not having to be with the team.

of course, it will be interesting to hear if Rob is with the team or not (but even if he isn't, he could be away for other reasons) as someone below says they hae someone looking for Rob

Miss Clairol 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

04-04-02, 07:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Miss%20Clairol Click to send private message to Miss%20Clairol Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Rob Coaching BU Hockey Game today/tonight"
LAST EDITED ON 04-04-02 AT 07:55 PM (EST)

SB, I went to BU (class of 2000), and I actually knew Rob (he lived upstairs from me at 208 Bay State during my sophomore and junior years). Was I excited he was going to be on Survivor? Of course. Am I incredibly disappointed in him now that I've seen him? Yes indeedy. Yeah, he was cocky and obnoxious when I saw him around, but never did I think he'd be capable of spouting mysogynistic and homphobic remarks, on national TV no less!

Rob is an embarassment to BU. And CGS for that matter - let me tell you that my two wonderful sidekicks had to go through it. That was because their SAT scores were below average (although they did academically well in high school). One's now a reporter at a mid-sized daily, and the other is in grad school. As for me (accepted into COM from the get-go), I am currently unemployed.

It's not necessarily his having gone to CGS that's a sign of his "stupidity" - it's the fact that it seemed to take him three years to complete his psych degree, if the BU PR Rag is to be believed (CGS '96/CAS '99).

I always thought his parents forced him to go to college.

SurvivorBlows 15230 desperate attention whore postings

04-04-02, 08:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorBlows Click to send private message to SurvivorBlows Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Rob Coaching BU Hockey Game today/tonight"
>SB, I went to BU (class of 2000), and I actually
>knew Rob (he lived upstairs from me at 208 Bay
>State during my sophomore and junior years). W

This is one of the brownstones, right? I lived a few doors down in a quad at I THINK 155 Bay State my junior year. Then I got screwed by the lottery and ended up stuck in a south campus crappy apartment my senior year, but that's another story. (the was the year BU changed something with the grad student housing -- I can't remember what anymore -- that caused a good chunk of the Bay State housing to be lost.)

> And CGS for that matter - let me tell
>you that my two wonderful sidekicks had to go through
>it. That was because their SAT scores were below
>average (although they did academically well in high school).
>One's now a reporter at a mid-sized daily, and the
>other is in grad school. As for me (accepted
>into COM from the get-go), I am currently unemployed.
>
>It's not necessarily his having gone to CGS that's a sign
>of his "stupidity" - it's the fact that it seemed
>to take him three years to complete his psych degree,
>if the BU PR Rag is to be believed (CGS
>'96/CAS '99).

I don't want to get too off-topic here, but the above is kinda exactly my point. I was not trying to extend my comments about Rob to the CBS/CGS student body as a whole (and if it came across that way that's not what I intended.) I was just saying that for whatever reason, BU clearly uses CBS to reduce the normal acceptance standards of the university (be it low SAT scores or whatever) and allow the admission of students who, they make no secret about, were not able to meet the admission standards of the rest of the university.

As if the stigma of "you couldn't get into the 'normal BU colleges'" isn't enough for these poor kids to have to carry around during an already traumatic freshman year, then they shove these kids off into this horrible "core schedule" thing where for the next TWO YEARS they have just about every class and decision made for them. That might be fine if they wanted to be honest about it and say that these kids aren't getting accepted into BU, but they aren't honest about it and these students are getting accepted into some high school redux hell that, in addition to doing a disservice to the kids in the program, compromises the overall reputation of the university.

If you want to run a junior college, fine, then be honest about it and call it a junior college (like BU did before that changed its name in the 1950's -- another fact they cover up) and track it's admissions standards, etc. separate than the 4 year undergraduate degree colleges -- don't be representing it to the kids and the general public that these kids are getting into a four year undergraduate program. I'd just love to know what happens to one of these kids if they decide to transfer after 2 years -- how does any other school even go about applying transfer credit to a giant 2 year long "core program"??? To be honest I think all those students would be better served to attend another legitimate school for their first two years and then transfering into one of BU's four year schools as a transfer student.

I'm still of the opinion that CGS only exists so that otherwise rejected high school seniors and their parents can claim to have been accepted at Boston University rather than starting out by attending another 4 year school or junior college and later transfering into BU.

-SB

Outfrontgirl 6830 desperate attention whore postings

04-04-02, 02:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Outfrontgirl Click to send private message to Outfrontgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Rob Coaching BU Hockey Game today/tonight"
This is interesting, but I wouuld feel a lot surer if Rob was confirmed in St. Louis.

I mean, neither of these dates could be changed for convenience. IF he got booted in Ep 6 then the air date wasn't flexible, and the tournament wasn't flexible either.

So work it from there--you with coaching knowledge. If Rob were faced with a schedule conflict would he have chosen not to coach? Or would he be forced to get a sub for a day. Seems to me that the Early Show is the only biggie interview--although I could see them doing a field segment if they had to, as it would actually be interesting TV to have Rob in the midst of a tournament.

gemstone 70 desperate attention whore postings

04-04-02, 03:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail gemstone Click to send private message to gemstone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Rob Coaching BU Hockey Game today/tonight"
There is the Media Tour interviews too which run from 11:00am - 1:00pm est. Then there is the CBS chat. Has it's time been changed?

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings

04-04-02, 02:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Rob Coaching BU Hockey Game today/tonight"
>"Plus, we have learned that Rob
>is scheduled to coach

I think "scheduled" is the key word here. According to the BU club sports page, their season started in November, and yet Rob was able to be away for the show, so he has had people cover for him before. He had no control over the scheduling of the nationals, so he probably made some general CYA statement to the other folks associated with the team that they may have to cover for him on short/no notice if the TV show requires him elsewhere.

KLicK 316 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

04-04-02, 02:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail KLicK Click to send private message to KLicK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Rob Coaching BU Hockey Game today/tonight"
My "spoiler" home is at SA. We have a member searching the arena for Rob. We hope to here from her soon.

My feeling is that if he's NOT with his team -- he is 100% the boot tonight. If he's there, it shows nothing. Early Show could do a feed OR he could take a 7 pm flight from St. Louis to NYC tonight.

I'll come back when SA knows.

true 9689 desperate attention whore postings

04-04-02, 03:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail true Click to send private message to true Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Rob Coaching BU Hockey Game today/tonight"
WHAT! Rob's in town! *faints*

For what it's worth, there is no mention of this in the local papers, (sports or gossip), but I could have missed it. I have never even heard of the All American Sports Mall, where the tournament is taking place. I am tempted to get in my car, and go looking for Rob myself. Naaaaa.

true

True friends stab you in the front -Oscar Wilde

savvy 53 desperate attention whore postings

04-04-02, 03:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail savvy Click to send private message to savvy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Rob Coaching BU Hockey Game today/tonight"
According to someone posting on the inline skating forum, Rob was spotted there today and signed a few autographs.

http://www.inlinehockeycentral.com/cgi-bin/board/showthreaded.pl?Cat=&Board=crhl4&Number=5254&page=0&view=expanded&sb=5#Post5254

Jizzy 2053 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

04-04-02, 04:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Jizzy Click to send private message to Jizzy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "The Team IS here in St Louis"
LAST EDITED ON 04-04-02 AT 04:23 PM (EST)

Here is the link to the All American Sports Mall here in St Louis. This happens to be 15 minutes from where I am working.

http://www.pointstreak.com/players/players-arenas.html?arenaId=12

The BU team IS here, and have already lost. Don't know if it's a round-robin tourney or not.

http://www.pointstreak.com/players/players-boxscore.html?gameId=6518

Now, whether or not Robbie is here, I don't know. Perhaps I could make a phone call and ask some questions.

EDIT BIG EDIT!!! I just called them, and YES Rob is here. I called and asked if BU was still there (in the building) and they said no. I then asked if there was someone there who could tell me the coach's name of the team. The woman started laughing and asked if I was talking about the guy from Survivor? LMAO!! I swear! She wanted to know who I was, and if that is all I wanted. She asked how I knew he was there and I explained to her that I am a member of a website called Survivorblows. Needless to say, she started laughing and didn't believe me. She then proceeded to ask me if I was looking for Sarah too.

If you don't believe me, here is the number: (314) 487-4625

Call for yourself

bongbear78 31 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

04-04-02, 04:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bongbear78 Click to send private message to bongbear78 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: The Team IS here in St Louis"
LAST EDITED ON 04-04-02 AT 04:18 PM (EST)

If this holds true, CONGRATULATIONS. That is one of the better spoilers I've seen. Most of em don't hold too much water, as they rely on MB not editing two footage from two different episodes into one promo. Keep up the good work!!!

Bongbear

"If you're not wasted, the day is."

EDITED TO SAY: PS- How do I get one of those fancy banner signatures?

KLicK 316 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

04-04-02, 04:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail KLicK Click to send private message to KLicK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: The Team IS here in St Louis"
LAST EDITED ON 04-04-02 AT 04:28 PM (EST)

The SA person got an autograph. He was dressed to the nines (suit and tie) and she said he cleans up good. He was more than willing to talk (and let her go get a program to sign).

I'm going to try to attach it:

true 9689 desperate attention whore postings

04-04-02, 04:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail true Click to send private message to true Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: The Team IS here in St Louis"
Good job Jizzy. I couldn't even find the phone number. LOL

I guess it would be possible for Rob to fly out tonight. St. Louis may be a cow town, but it does have an airport.

Now Jizzy, if you aren't too busy, go find his hotel room, and see if he makes a trip to the airport this afternoon. OK?

true

True friends stab you in the front -Oscar Wilde

bongbear78 31 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

04-04-02, 05:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bongbear78 Click to send private message to bongbear78 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: The Team IS here in St Louis"
However, when you compare this spoiler with the spoiler that Gina was spotted at JFK by a few people, it really points to Gina getting the boot this week. How sad... She's one tough b!tch!!!

Bongbear

"If you're not wasted, the day is".

AyaK 10426 desperate attention whore postings

04-04-02, 07:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AyaK Click to send private message to AyaK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "Thanks, group!"
Special thanks to jkokoj for posting this, and to savvy, Jizzy and KLicK for chasing this down. GREAT WORK! Now let's just hope that the rest of our analysis is as good....

Outfrontgirl 6830 desperate attention whore postings

04-04-02, 07:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Outfrontgirl Click to send private message to Outfrontgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Thanks, group!"
Yeah, what Aya said.
You were awesome the way you got on this.
Way to go, every one of you!

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •