The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"A little info with potential spoiler"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Meemo 3519 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

04-03-02, 10:37 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Meemo Click to send private message to Meemo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"A little info with potential spoiler"
Hey gang,

I have a satellite dish (Starchoice, for those living in Canada) and decided to use it to my advantage.

I used the Interactive program guide to shift forward to this Thursday at 8:00, and hit "program information"

It gave the following synopsis for the episode:
"Loyalties shift as a member seeks to unseat a tribe leader."

Obviously the second part is easy enough to understand: Rob vs. John.

But what piqued my curiousity was the phrase "Loyalties shift". This obviously points to a little whirly-doo in somebody's allegiance. Who will turn on who? Could it be that Rob is able to lure some of the Rotu power away from John?

My apologies if these theories have been discussed elsewhere, but I knew the spoiler source was a new one.

"I'm no theologian, but I do know that God is a more powerful force than both mom & dad combined....and you owe Him big." - Lisa Simpson

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: A little info with potential sp... Bebo 04-03-02 1
   RE: A little info with potential sp... Tatina 04-03-02 3
       RE: A little info with potential sp... SurvivinDawg 04-03-02 12
 RE: A little info with potential sp... SurvivinDawg 04-03-02 2
   Loyalties shift jkokoj 04-03-02 4
 RE: A little info with potential sp... Frau Hexe 04-03-02 5
   RE: A little info with potential sp... Bebo 04-03-02 6
 this IS interesting... MikeD 04-03-02 7
   RE: this IS interesting... wendyp 04-03-02 13
 RE: A little info with potential sp... jkokoj 04-03-02 8
 RE: A little info with potential sp... Krautboy 04-03-02 9
 RE: A little info with potential sp... samboohoo 04-03-02 10
 RE: A little info with potential sp... smiles 04-03-02 11
 RE: A little info with potential sp... Naked 04-03-02 14
 Maraamu? alleyb 04-04-02 15
   RE: Maraamu? In The Woods 04-04-02 16

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-03-02, 10:44 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: A little info with potential spoiler"
>But what piqued my curiousity was
>the phrase "Loyalties shift". This
>obviously points to a little
>whirly-doo in somebody's allegiance. Who
>will turn on who?

I know this is wishful thinking, but it would be great if Vee shifted. We're being guided to think about who would turn from Rotu to vote off John (which I don't see happening, why give up being in the strong alliance to guarantee no better than 4th in Rob's?), so I'm starting to think it's misdirection to throw us off from a Maraamu joining the strong alliance.

Again, could just be wishful thinking that Vee finally does something, and that there is a potential female alliance down the road.

Tatina 112 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

04-03-02, 11:03 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Tatina Click to send private message to Tatina Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: A little info with potential spoiler"
LAST EDITED ON 04-03-02 AT 11:18 AM (EST)

Bebo, it might be wishful thinking, but it does make a lot of sense. In fact I've based my boot prediction to the idea of Vee and Sean defecting sooner or later in this episode, rather than some of the old Rotu's defecting. It would go against the common sense - and if one doesn't believe these people have much common sense, then even the human nature - to defect from the stronger side to the weaker one.

Vee and Sean with her have been voting with the majority from the EP 2 on, putting aside personal feelings like not liking Sarah that much simply to stay in the game themselves. They certainly don't like being the underdogs. I think they are trying to go to the merge as the people the "surplus" Rotu (the people who seem to stay outside the F4 alliance) can negociate with in order to form a voting alliance. Sticking to Rob won't help them at all at this point.

SurvivinDawg 6816 desperate attention whore postings

04-03-02, 02:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivinDawg Click to send private message to SurvivinDawg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: A little info with potential spoiler"
Tatina,
How about just Vee's loyalties shifting, from Sean and Rob to the other Rotus....

*** Contradictions don't exist. If you are faced with a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong. -- Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

SurvivinDawg 6816 desperate attention whore postings

04-03-02, 10:46 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivinDawg Click to send private message to SurvivinDawg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: A little info with potential spoiler"
Thanks for the "scoop", Meemo!

And yes, that is interesting terminology: "Loyalties shift".... hmmmm....

*** Contradictions don't exist. If you are faced with a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong. -- Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

jkokoj 4389 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

04-03-02, 11:05 AM (EST)
Click to EMail jkokoj Click to send private message to jkokoj Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "Loyalties shift"
Tammy did tell John that if he screwed her over she would kick his ass. Tammy does not sound like someone who is very trusting of the alliance she is making.

Frau Hexe 716 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

04-03-02, 11:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Frau%20Hexe Click to send private message to Frau%20Hexe Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: A little info with potential spoiler"
Although I'd love to think things are going to be stirred up over at Rotu, my guess is that this "loyalties shift" bit refers more to the former members of Rotu who are now over on Mumu. The promos have shown how unhappy Pappy, Neleh, and Kathy are that NewRotu voted Gabe out, so it would make sense then that their loyalties might shift. Whereas before they may have intended to join back with the original Rotus at the merge, they may now feel less loyalty to them as a result of the cannibalistic vote last week. Thus, their loyalties may shift inward toward keeping the new Maraamu together. We shall see, but I'm thinking this is a case of MB misdirection in the case of NewRotu loyalties shifting.

We love men. We just don't want to see them naked.~ Two Nice Girls

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings

04-03-02, 12:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: A little info with potential spoiler"
>Although I'd love to think things
>are going to be stirred
>up over at Rotu, my
>guess is that this "loyalties
>shift" bit refers more to
>the former members of Rotu
>who are now over on
>Mumu.

This is one more reason that the new Mu should vote out Gina before they voted out Kathy, from a mere survival standpoint.

The merge typically occurs at 10 players. If Mu goes to one more TC, then the makeup of the tribe would be 4 AR (always Rotu), 3 New Rotu, and 3 Maraamu. By allying themselves with New Rotu, they could take a 6-4 advantage over AR and have more control over the outcome. Or they could team up with their original tribe and get rid of the 3 New Rotu first. They have options...but one of those options Gina would be extremely reluctant to entertain. If the new Mu stick together, they leave themselves more opportunities once the merge takes place.

MikeD 344 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

04-03-02, 12:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MikeD Click to send private message to MikeD Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "this IS interesting..."
I was just thinking that the preview for this week's episode spent a lot of time talking about how John has complete power....something must happen. (Actually I HOPE it happens or else this game gets more predictable every season)

wendyp 2081 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

04-03-02, 04:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail wendyp Click to send private message to wendyp Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: this IS interesting..."
The fact that John says he has complete power and that this beign thrown at u sjust shows that John has no power. It may not happen this week, but I do not think John will survive long in the merge. No one likes some one who tells you how great they are and is a control freak.

I thik the loyalties will switch with Vee. She will be the double agent without Rob knowing. She said she was with them (rob and Sean) and Rob was the proclaimed leader before. So she tells Tammy, I will vote with them at TC but will let you know who they are voting. This way after merger she can suggest the same people the new Rotu are voting for and there is a combined power.

jkokoj 4389 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

04-03-02, 12:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jkokoj Click to send private message to jkokoj Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: A little info with potential spoiler"
The original quote was

I do not see any real leader in the new Maraamu tribe. Therefore, I do not think this quote applys to them.

I will state the obvious: we are being told that someone will either go over to the old Maraamu or someone from old Maraamu will go over to new Rotu. We have seen John approaching Sean first when it came to the Gabe boot. We have seen John standing next to Sean in vid cap promos, and we have seen John sitting next to Sean during the "stupid" conversation with Rob. It could be possible that Sean sees the writing on the wall and decides it is time to cut his old Maraamu friends loose, particularly Rob.

I can also see Tammy becoming very uneasy with the situation and try to oust John. Once she hooked up with N/P/K Tammy could explain who was behind the Gabe boot and what was taking place with John's emotional/paranoid outbursts. This is a definite stretch because that would leave new Rotu at a 3/3 split until a merge.

I am sure that P/N/K are wondering what happened regarding the Gabe boot but I speculate that they will use their better judgment and wait to find out what happened at the merge. I am sure who their loyalty should be with will come into question, but again, this specific quote applys to new Rotu.

Loyalties will shift among the new Rotu tribe.

Krautboy 2750 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

04-03-02, 01:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Krautboy Click to send private message to Krautboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: A little info with potential spoiler"

The shift in loyalties may occur within the Rotu tribe this week, but it's looking like it won't really matter ic the Maraamu are the ones who go to TC.

Next week, because of the merge, the loyalties will shift again, because the whole dynamic will change as the new Maraamu will be reintroduced into the merged tribe...

Krautboy

samboohoo 17173 desperate attention whore postings

04-03-02, 01:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail samboohoo Click to send private message to samboohoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: A little info with potential spoiler"
All last week, the old Rotus kept saying "We're all Rotu now," meaning that it doesn't matter that Sean, Vee and Rob used to be Mu Mu's. Maybe it just means that Rob, Sean and Vee are still alligning betraying their new "Rotu" team.

Just a thought . . .

smiles 675 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

04-03-02, 02:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail smiles Click to send private message to smiles Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: A little info with potential spoiler"
But what piqued my curiousity was the phrase "Loyalties shift". This obviously points to a little whirly-doo in somebody's allegiance. Who will turn on who? Could it be that Rob is able to lure some of the Rotu power away from John?

I think the best options for a loyalty switch are Tammy and Zoe. Tammy's "kick your a$$" statement makes me think that she will definately switch is John does something stupid. Maybe the Rob/John conflict is too much for her or see sees a side of John that she doesn't like???

Zoe didn't seem too reassuring in her alliance pact. If only she had more face time!

smiles

Naked 887 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

04-03-02, 10:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Naked Click to send private message to Naked Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: A little info with potential spoiler"
I'm in agreement with Krautboy. I think that there has been enough forshadowing in the previews, and in last weeks Ep to point out that New Rotu's alliance will not prove successfull, but I also think that the Moos are sending someone on the walk of shame.

alleyb 98 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

04-04-02, 02:31 AM (EST)
Click to EMail alleyb Click to send private message to alleyb Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "Maraamu?"
I think another possibility for the "loyalties shift" reference could be as basic as Neleh/Pascal choosing to boot Kathy over Gina. Kathy has certainly taken the mantle of "leader" whereever she goes, and Maraamu could choose to unseat her self-propelled position of leadership. Gina could be the one who seeks to unseat Kathy, although this doesn't really seem like her personality. But the folks who put out these blurbs could easily make the stretch, especially if they can make it appear to sound like it refers to Rotu. Unlikely, I admit, but another possibility.

As far as Rotu goes...if the original Rotus think that a merge will be coming soon...Robert, Zoe or Tammy could take the opportunity to unseat John from his self-proclaimed leadership position, thinking that once they reunite with their old chums who are now on Maraamu, they'll be able to control the game through the first 3 or 4 boots. But only if they assume that the merge will happen as scheduled, which they shouldn't, seeing as how the last Survivor Africa episode they watched ended with a teaser about the merge not happening when they think it will.

And New Rotu? I just don't see how they could manipulate the Original Rotus to unseat John. This could only happen if the Original Rotus believe that there will definately be a merge in the next three days, which (as I said) they shouldn't.

Ultimately I think that this blurb will not play out in this episode, although the seeds will be planted. I believe that Maraamu will go to TC, and I am suddenly thinking that Pascal may be so distraught about Gabe being voted out that he just might offer himself up as a sacrificial lamb (as Rodger did in Australia). I think Pascal may feel like it is the most just thing to do, being the morally just person that he is. I don't think he'll want Kathy, Neleh or Gina to be booted, and is enough of a gentleman to realize that sacrificing himself may be his only moral option. Not that I'd hold it against him if he didn't follow this line of thinking, but I think it might be a possibility. Pascal has been shown A LOT in the commercials and previews for the upcoming episode, reacting to Gabe's boot, talking about how being with a tribe of women is rewarding...and it leads me to think the folks at Survivor could be preparing us for his boot, surprising as it will be.

In The Woods 55 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

04-04-02, 09:29 AM (EST)
Click to EMail In%20The%20Woods Click to send private message to In%20The%20Woods Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Maraamu?"
I don't think you can classify Kathy as a leader, she is more bossy than anything. I think the leadership issue is John and Rob. As others before have stated, some evidence does point to Sean as the persons whos loyalties change, but as I have posted before, Vee is flying way way under the radar. She is always shown doing something around the new camp. I could be wrong, but I don't think we have seen that many testimonials from her either. Even thou the preview don't substantiate it, this might be the episode we see a little more of her as her loyalties change. Just a thought.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •