The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Top 8 Rankings/Thoughts - Inspirational Night"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

geekboy 1788 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

04-08-08, 10:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail geekboy Click to send private message to geekboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Top 8 Rankings/Thoughts - Inspirational Night"
OK, gotta make this quick tonight. I'm dog-tired.

1) Jason Castro - 'Over The Rainbow' - When Jason said he was doing this song, i thought "Oh my heck!". Then he proceeded to blow me away. This was his first "Wow!" performance for me, i htink better than 'Hallelujah'. And he needed it tonight. It was sparse, minimalistic, and brilliant.
2) David A - 'Angels' - I hate putting him this high, but Simon was 100% right. Best song selection of the night, and I agree, one of the best pop songs ever. Robbie William's version is incredible. I get chills whenever i hear it. David didn't give me chills, but he did hte song justice, and even switched it up a bit so as not be to karaoke.
3) Krity - 'Always' - She also blew me away. I looked to my wife when she announced hte song and said 'That's a big song for her.' but she pulled it off. Again, like Jason, just when she needed it.

<< gap >>

4) Michael Johns - "Dream On" - best of teh bottom five. I really didn't like his take, it seemed quite karaoke to me.
5) Brooke - "You've Got A Friend" - quite sappy and boring, but oddly, it fit her voice. She's done WAY better, and again, with all the songs to choose from...
6) David C - "Innocent" - David pulls a Chris Sligh, and it doesn't work. Yes, you may love the song and band, but what minute percentage of America knows that song? And your vocals were all over the map. Your incredible roll came to a crashing halt.
7) Carly - "Show must go on" - that was dreadful.
8) Syesha - "I Believe" - I said from Day One that this girl has an ego that won't quit. Celine, Whitney, Fantasia - give it up girl. You're no match for them. You must go now.

geekboy

"I love puppies!" - S. Cowell

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Top 8 Rankings/Thoughts - Inspi... nailbone 04-08-08 1
   RE: Top 8 Rankings/Thoughts - Inspi... SilverStar 04-08-08 2
       RE: Top 8 Rankings/Thoughts - Inspi... nailbone 04-08-08 3
   RE: Top 8 Rankings/Thoughts - Inspi... tamarama 04-08-08 8
 RE: Top 8 Rankings/Thoughts - Inspi... Glow 04-08-08 4
 RE: Top 8 Rankings/Thoughts - Inspi... Iconoclastic 04-08-08 5
 RE: Top 8 Rankings/Thoughts - Inspi... SilverStar 04-08-08 6
 RE: Top 8 Rankings/Thoughts - Inspi... tamarama 04-08-08 7
 RE: Top 8 Rankings/Thoughts - Inspi... Corvis 04-09-08 9
   RE: Top 8 Rankings/Thoughts - Inspi... batts 04-09-08 11
       RE: Top 8 Rankings/Thoughts - Inspi... Corvis 04-09-08 20
           RE: Top 8 Rankings/Thoughts - Inspi... Tahj 04-09-08 26
               RE: Top 8 Rankings/Thoughts - Inspi... batts 04-09-08 33
   RE: Top 8 Rankings/Thoughts - Inspi... nailbone 04-09-08 21
       RE: Top 8 Rankings/Thoughts - Inspi... Corvis 04-09-08 32
           RE: Top 8 Rankings/Thoughts - Inspi... nailbone 04-09-08 39
 RE: Top 8 Rankings/Thoughts - Inspi... theincrediblehugey 04-09-08 10
 RE: Top 8 Rankings/Thoughts - Inspi... zombiebaby 04-09-08 12
 RE: Top 8 Rankings/Thoughts - Inspi... mrc 04-09-08 13
   Jason's hands... aquariaqueen 04-09-08 14
   RE: Top 8 Rankings/Thoughts - Inspi... nancyhak 04-09-08 15
       RE: Top 8 Rankings/Thoughts - Inspi... mrc 04-09-08 16
 RE: Top 8 Rankings/Thoughts - Inspi... Ahtumbreez 04-09-08 17
 RE: Top 8 Rankings/Thoughts - Inspi... Magnolia_Rocker 04-09-08 18
   RE: Top 8 Rankings/Thoughts - Inspi... nailbone 04-09-08 22
       RE: Top 8 Rankings/Thoughts - Inspi... Magnolia_Rocker 04-09-08 27
   RE: Top 8 Rankings/Thoughts - Inspi... Ahtumbreez 04-09-08 25
 RE: Top 8 Rankings/Thoughts - Inspi... dragonflies 04-09-08 19
   RE: Top 8 Rankings/Thoughts - Inspi... mindy23 04-09-08 23
       RE: Top 8 Rankings/Thoughts - Inspi... Glow 04-09-08 29
           RE: Top 8 Rankings/Thoughts - Inspi... zazzy 04-09-08 35
 RE: Top 8 Rankings/Thoughts - Inspi... zazzy 04-09-08 24
   RE: Top 8 Rankings/Thoughts - Inspi... tamarama 04-09-08 31
       RE: Top 8 Rankings/Thoughts - Inspi... zazzy 04-09-08 34
 RE: Top 8 Rankings/Thoughts - Inspi... emydi 04-09-08 28
   RE: Top 8 Rankings/Thoughts - Inspi... Glow 04-09-08 30
       RE: Top 8 Rankings/Thoughts - Inspi... zazzy 04-09-08 36
 RE: Top 8 Rankings/Thoughts - Inspi... toddE 04-09-08 37
   RE: Top 8 Rankings/Thoughts - Inspi... theincrediblehugey 04-10-08 40
 RE: Top 8 Rankings/Thoughts - Inspi... cjhope117 04-09-08 38

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

nailbone 27263 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-08-08, 10:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail nailbone Click to send private message to nailbone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Top 8 Rankings/Thoughts - Inspirational Night"
LAST EDITED ON 04-08-08 AT 11:00 PM (EST)

1. Jason - he'll always highly ranked for me unless he just really gaks. This is one that I'll buy.

2. David C. - I don't know this song, so I liked it. I think the studio version will be better. I'll buy this one, too.

3. Kristy Lee - Yeah, so. I LOVE that song and she did it justice. I won't buy it 'cause I have MM's original, but it was good.

4. Michael - one of the best songs by one of my favorite bands. It was a bit karaoke, and the Steven Tyler imitation at the end cracked me up.

5. Carly - eh, she's gorgeous. That's good enough for me at this point.

6. Brooke - that's a song for twinkly, smiley eyes. The sad eyes belonged with "Jolene" last week.

7. Syesha - eh, heard it before, and better. The "Mariah Carey" note was impressive, though.

8. David A. - I didn't even recognize the song till he hit the chorus. I thought he was off, and his breathing (as usual) was all wrong.

SilverStar 6205 desperate attention whore postings

04-08-08, 10:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SilverStar Click to send private message to SilverStar Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Top 8 Rankings/Thoughts - Inspirational Night"
Psst- you have 2 David C.'s listed.

04-08-08, 11:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail nailbone Click to send private message to nailbone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Top 8 Rankings/Thoughts - Inspirational Night"
Thanks. Fixed it.

tamarama 1785 desperate attention whore postings

04-08-08, 11:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tamarama Click to send private message to tamarama Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Top 8 Rankings/Thoughts - Inspirational Night"
>>that's a song for twinkly, smiley eyes. The sad eyes belonged with "Jolene" last week.<<

Yes! Thank you. Absolutely.

>>I didn't even recognize the song till he hit the chorus.<<
Same here, I thought he had picked another obscure thing, then realized I did know it. Don't know the song well enough to tell if he bombed or if he just took too many liberties (which, I guess, is bombing too.)

Glow 14353 desperate attention whore postings

04-08-08, 11:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Glow Click to send private message to Glow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Top 8 Rankings/Thoughts - Inspirational Night"
1. Jason "Somewhere Over The Rainbow" - loved it loved it loved it
2. Kristy "Anyway" - ugh. She was really good.
3. Michael "Dream On" - maybe it was song choice. Maybe it is because he is dreamy. Maybe it is because I am so in love with his voice. Whatever the reason, I am putting him up here.
4. David A. "Angels" - great song choice. Liked seeing him at the piano.
5. Brooke "You've Got a Friend" - I liked the idea of her doing this song more than I liked the execution of it. I like her though and I thought it was good.
6. Carly "The Show Must Go On" - same as Brooke
7. David Cook "Innocent" - Love this song but
8. Syesha "I Believe" - Does anybody watch that Oprah show? Syesha and Ray (or Rae or whatever) are cut from the same cloth. Get over yourself, sweetie.

Iconoclastic 151 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

04-08-08, 11:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Iconoclastic Click to send private message to Iconoclastic Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Top 8 Rankings/Thoughts - Inspirational Night"
1)Jason Castro - Only performance of the night that made the show worth watching

2)Michael Johns - Good on a whatever kind of night

3)Carly Smithson - Pretty good on a whatever kind of night

4)David Cook - So you don't hit a home run every week

5)Brooke White - Does anyone else get the impression that if you scratch the Show White surface, underneath you will find a turbo prima-donna bi+ch?

6)Archie - I am so sick of the blatant promotion of iguana-boy, the first half of that song sucked

7)Krist E. Lee - First she wraps herself in the flag and now she pulls out the god song.....yep, she knows her audience, and she's not afraid to manipulate them

8)Syesha Mercado - So how do you get out of your "standard idol diva performance" rut? How about a "REGURGITATED standard idol diva performance"

SilverStar 6205 desperate attention whore postings

04-08-08, 11:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SilverStar Click to send private message to SilverStar Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Top 8 Rankings/Thoughts - Inspirational Night"
1. Jason Castro-- I luff him. I look forward to him singing, and he usually doesn't disappoint. I thought he had a great song choice (and arrangement) this week and he was by far the best.

-gap-
I don't really know how to rate the rest of them since I thought they pretty much all sucked, but...

2. Brooke-- It pains me to put her this high since I can't stand her, but this has been the only performance of hers where I didn't cringe.

3. David Cook-- Props for singing an Our Lady Peace song, but you didn't sing it well.

4. Michael Johns-- When he announced what he was singing I thought "Oh lord, I hope he doesn't attempt to sing those high notes, because he will fail miserably." And yep, he attempted the high notes and he failed miserably. LMAO at Pauler and her chihuaha comment (which I think she meant as a compliment, which makes it even funnier.) He gets number 4 slot because it was alright until the end. And ENOUGH with the scarves already, you look like an idiot.

5. David Archuleta-- Whatever. I know he's going to win. (He'd better or I lose a $5 bet.) I don't think he deserves it. I don't get the big fuss. He's completely boring and fake, IMO.

6. Kristy Lee-- Ok, so I don't think this was horrible, but I listen to each performance twice before I make a list and I found myself tuning her out both times. I don't know if it was her specifically, or my general disdain for country music, but I did not like it.

7. Syesha-- Another one I tend to tune out. I think she has a pretty voice, but she just tries to overdo it and ends up screaming most of the time. Not pleasant, at all.

8. Carly-- Migawd. That was horrible.

Drinkin' with Ahkie!

my favorite exchange of the night:
Randy: this is a competiton about singing
Paula: I couldn't disagree more

04-08-08, 11:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tamarama Click to send private message to tamarama Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Top 8 Rankings/Thoughts - Inspirational Night"
LAST EDITED ON 04-08-08 AT 11:54 PM (EST)

1. Jason Castro - loved this. He pulled a David Cook, finding a really unique arrangement, and he pulled it off. As I mentioned on the spoiler thread, his singer/songwriter riff is keeping me more engaged than Brooke's.

2. David Cook - it was no Billie Jean, but it was solid. He's got the voice & the skills - even though we all usually end up talking about his arrangements.

HUGE GAP

3. Brooke White - solid, well done, but dull. Don't know why, but she's losing her luster to me. I still like her better than any of the other women, and half of the men.

4. Michael Johns - this was a good performance, but it was utterly karaoke. I half expected to hear him do the little 'lip squeak' that Tyler does in the original recording. (I have no dang idea how to describe the sound I'm referring to, but trust me, it's there.)

5. Carly Smithson - Yeah, she's a good singer, if a bit screechy now and again. I think she's got the notes, but she over-sings and it's not pretty. No emotional connection whatsoever. I actually forgot about her and had to go back & add her here. Yawn.

6. Kristy Lee Cook - I can't believe she's not at the bottom, but she actually sang ok. But she's a pageant girl, and doesn't belong here.

GAP

For some unknown reasons (and some known) I very nearly feel rage about these two:

7. David Archuleta - He should go home and be the best singer in his high school. I'm mystified by how overrated this kid's voice is. And the whole trained poodle thing makes me sick.

8. Syesha Mercado - It's sad that such a good instrument was given to this phony pill. I moved from indifference to mild dislike to absolute hatred for this chick. I can't even explain it, but there it is.

Corvis 3130 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

04-09-08, 00:30 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Corvis Click to send private message to Corvis Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Top 8 Rankings/Thoughts - Inspirational Night"
1. Syesha Mercado - I don't get the hate for Syesha. In a night that didn't wow me, she was the best.

2 - Kristy Lee Cook - Her best performance, no question about it. She really sang the song and believed what she was singing. That will keep her around another week.

3. David Cook - I think Simon was spot on with his comment about David being a little full of himself. It was still good, but he needs to come down a little bit and realize he can't pick songs no one has ever heard of. Remember Chris Sligh, David?

4. Carly Smithson - I liked this in the beginning but she floundered halfway through.

5. Michael Johns - I enjoyed this, but it was very imitative of the original.

6. David Archuleta - Decent. He still has a good voice. I like him better when he's hidden behind a piano.

7. Jason Castro - I don't get him. Really. I thought last week was good, but he has been for the most part consistently boring.

8. Brooke White - Oh I was so bored. Brooke! This stage is swallowing you up. You need to go back to singing in coffee houses.

batts 1731 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

04-09-08, 01:41 AM (EST)
Click to EMail batts Click to send private message to batts Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Top 8 Rankings/Thoughts - Inspirational Night"
Syesha Mercado I don't get the hate for Syesha...

Thank You Corvis.... I was thinkin I was all alone. I like her. It seems nobody else can stand her, so I was going back and listening to her Youtube video's to try to understand why so much dislike.

Jason Castro I don't get him really...

Thank you again Corvis. It seems we are in a minority here. I am so sorry to all the Jason C fans out there.... truly I am, but halfway through his performance, I burst out laughing.
... I'm thinking it's his 'unique-ness' that everybody likes, cause he bores the carp out of me. I just don't get it...

But to each their own. I guess I can't like everything, everyone else likes.

04-09-08, 10:36 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Corvis Click to send private message to Corvis Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Top 8 Rankings/Thoughts - Inspirational Night"
I am not a huge Syesha fan, but I thought last night she was excellent.

It's nice to know I'm not alone in thinking Jason is overrated.

Tahj 4136 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

04-09-08, 12:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Tahj Click to send private message to Tahj Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: Top 8 Rankings/Thoughts - Inspirational Night"
Once again, thanks for saying what I thought, as well. I thought Syesha was great last night, too. Her problem, I think, is she's just a little too cookie cutter.

Jason, again, was a pale imitation. Israel Kamakawiwo'Ole's version is beautiful. I liked Jason's rendition OK, but not as much as the judges did.

It's a Tribe!

batts 1731 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

04-09-08, 04:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail batts Click to send private message to batts Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
33. "RE: Top 8 Rankings/Thoughts - Inspirational Night"
Ahhh... there you are, Tahj.
I sent you a PM 10 minutes ago, wondering if you were watching this year. I must've missed your posts.

04-09-08, 11:19 AM (EST)
21. "RE: Top 8 Rankings/Thoughts - Inspirational Night"
The "hate" for Syesha, IMO, comes from the overdone "diva" songs that she continues to choose. Whitney, Celine, Mariah, and now Fantasia. She does them well, for the most part, but that stuff is just boring anymore.

OTOH, Jason is new and different, and that's what some folks like about him. Other folks just don't get him at all. Like last night's performance. Stuff I've read has either rave reviews, or comparisons to Tiny Tim. If you've heard the Brudda Iz version of the song, he did a GREAT job of it. If you've only heard the Judy Garland version of it, you probably thought he butchered it.

Do I think he'll win? No, but he'll stay around longer than Syesha because he does bring something different to the table.

04-09-08, 03:04 PM (EST)
32. "RE: Top 8 Rankings/Thoughts - Inspirational Night"
I had heard that version of the song before and I don't think Jason did that great of a job with it. He's bland and boring no matter what he sings. He just does not have any wow factor. Brooke is similar in the no wow factor area, but I feel Brooke knows how to connect a song to the audience. Jason sings to himself.

While I totally understand that Syesha is just like the other divas we've had in the past, I still think she did well last night with that song. Perhaps it's because I wasn't comparing her to Fantasia, who I never liked. Just listening to her sing that song, I thought she was excellent. That said, I'm not a huge fan. Overall, I think she has much of a wow factor either.

04-09-08, 09:55 PM (EST)
39. "RE: Top 8 Rankings/Thoughts - Inspirational Night"
LAST EDITED ON 04-09-08 AT 09:56 PM (EST)

Syesha is a beautiful girl with a beautiful voice. But we already have Mariah and Whitney. That's a niche that's already filled.

Jason offers something different, and I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree on his being bland and boring and no wow factor, because last night...and when he sang Hallelujah...I got chills.

theincrediblehugey 141 desperate attention whore postings

04-09-08, 00:58 AM (EST)
Click to EMail theincrediblehugey Click to send private message to theincrediblehugey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Top 8 Rankings/Thoughts - Inspirational Night"
1. Jason - finally an arrangement that allows you to hear what he can do with his voice. I can't wait to download the full studio version on itunes. I hope it includes "What a Wonderful World" in the second half like the IZ version on "youtube."

2. David A. - great song, great vocals.

3. Brooke - nice, pleasant song and performance.

4. Kristy - the second half was good enough to rank her above the bottom four. I hope she stays one more week so she can sing a Mariah Carey tune, country style. That would be funny.

5. David Cook - I really liked his jacket. The song was meh.

6. Michael - back to the same old same old, except he sounded like a hurt chihuahua at the end.

7. Syesha - Fantasia did it better. Period. I hope she gets voted off this week, so she won't get the chance to sing a Mariah Carey song. That would be funny.

8. Carley - angry, screaming, and completely out of tune near the end.

zombiebaby 7356 desperate attention whore postings

04-09-08, 07:50 AM (EST)
Click to EMail zombiebaby Click to send private message to zombiebaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Top 8 Rankings/Thoughts - Inspirational Night"
1. Jason Castro- I always loved that version of this song better than the original.

2. *sigh* David A- suprised? I am.

3. Micheal Johns - it was ok. I don't care for the song anyway.

4. Kristy Lee Cook- *sigh* another one up high. But she did it fine.

5. David Cook- he was good. Just unfortunately the others were better.

6. Brooke White- boooring. I usually love her but she committed the ultimate sin in being boring.

7. Syesha- she is a walking cliche

8. Carly Smithson- at least she is consistently bad.

Horrible night I thought. One of the worst. Very boring songs.

mrc 10113 desperate attention whore postings

04-09-08, 07:51 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mrc Click to send private message to mrc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Top 8 Rankings/Thoughts - Inspirational Night"
1. Jason Castro--Hands-down, the best of the night.

2. Kristy--It pains me, but she actually did a good job with most of the song. It did remind me of a past Idol who had a similar chip on his/her shoulder in a previous season, but I can't remember who.

3. Brooke--Not my fave of hers, but she's pretty darn good.

4. David A.--He needs to stick to just singing; his piano playing seemed to distract him.

5. Michael Johns--Not a great performance, and pleaselosetheascotsthanks.

6. Carly--Angry rocker chick, she is not. That outfit was as awful as the song.

7. David C.--I'm sure the original rendition is wonderful, but he did a sucky job of communicating it. It was, to quote Simon, "self-indulgent." I also didn't like the hand job he gave the camera. It came across wrong, although I'm sure he meant the best.

8. Syesha--I told DW, "wouldn't it be funny if someone sang one of those stupid, sappy Idol winner songs?" Behold, Nostradamus! No emotional connection to the song. At least Fantasia, as much as I don't like her, knew what she was singing about.

Tribefied

aquariaqueen 2616 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

04-09-08, 08:04 AM (EST)
Click to EMail aquariaqueen Click to send private message to aquariaqueen Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "Jason's hands..."
>1. Jason Castro--Hands-down, the best of
>the night.

Speaking of hands down, did anyone else find his strumming of the eukelele annoying? I loved the song but couldn't watch because I found the fast strumming irritating....

nancyhak 2 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

04-09-08, 08:40 AM (EST)
Click to EMail nancyhak Click to send private message to nancyhak Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Top 8 Rankings/Thoughts - Inspirational Night"
David Cook's hand gesture was a bit strange at the end until I realized there was something written on the palm of his hand. I couldn't read it, but I was hoping someone else could.

I know that his brother is fighting cancer and the AC on his guitar are his brother's initials. I wonder if this song meant something to them and that there was somesort of a message to his brother on his palm.

mrc 10113 desperate attention whore postings

04-09-08, 08:42 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mrc Click to send private message to mrc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Top 8 Rankings/Thoughts - Inspirational Night"
It said, "Give back." Nice sentiment, given the week and all, but it struck me as manipulative.

I'm a mAGMANimous ruler

Ahtumbreez 10456 desperate attention whore postings

04-09-08, 09:13 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Ahtumbreez Click to send private message to Ahtumbreez Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Top 8 Rankings/Thoughts - Inspirational Night"
1. Jason - My boyfriends back..... Love him, and this ranked right up there with Hallelujah

Great big gap.

2. Kristy Lee - I know, I know. But she did justice to this song, I liked it.

3. Michael - Poor imitation of Steven Tyler

4. Brooke - I think she might be having some kind of emotional meltdown but I love the huskiness of her voice.

5. Carly - She looked pretty

6. David Cook - WTH

7. Archie - I loved this song, notice past tense. Egads.

8. Syesha - SyNOsha - once again any Diva from ANY past season would wipe the floor with her

Jason wants to be my everything

Magnolia_Rocker 2139 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

04-09-08, 09:17 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Magnolia_Rocker Click to send private message to Magnolia_Rocker Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Top 8 Rankings/Thoughts - Inspirational Night"
LAST EDITED ON 04-09-08 AT 09:29 AM (EST)

Ranking before reading......

1) Jason Castro - Wow, just wow. I love this version of OTR and he hit it out of the park. He gave me chills!!
2) Kristy - I can.not.believe I'm ranking her this high but the girl did really well. I was groaning when I heard her song selection since we just saw Martina sing it live last year but she held her ground and sang the sh!t out of it. Brava.
3) David A. - (sigh) I really want this kid gone but he did really well tonight. Too bad.
4) David C. - My man. I have no clue what that song was and that's never a good thing. I guess if you needed an off night this week was the week to do it. I still love ya though and the hand message thing was sweet in a cheesy kind of way.
5) Brooke - She seemed off tonight. Like she was trying too hard to keep the constant smile off her face that she usually has pasted there. Guess she was trying to follow the advice of her fans?? It was alright.
6) Carly - Sweetie. We know you have a tat. WE GET IT!! Please cover it up next week. Scarey stare was back full force tonight but you can't deny that the girl has a beautiful voice. Missed note at the end sucked.
7) Michael - Aerosmith is one of my all time favorite bands and I love.love.love this song. I have it in my car, at home, at work.....anywho, you butchered it. Also I agree with the judges that it's not really a song that comes to mind when you think "inspirational" (except how it inspires me to have lusty thought of Steven T. but I don't think that's the inspirational they wanted ).
8) Syesha - This girl has got to be the number one idol of all time when it comes to suckiest song choices ever. I really hope she's next to go. Yes, even before Kristy.

My future Rockers! Twins Blog

04-09-08, 11:22 AM (EST)
22. "RE: Top 8 Rankings/Thoughts - Inspirational Night"
have lusty thought of Steven T.

Oh ick.

Magnolia_Rocker 2139 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

04-09-08, 12:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Magnolia_Rocker Click to send private message to Magnolia_Rocker Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "RE: Top 8 Rankings/Thoughts - Inspirational Night"
"Oh ick"

You forgot an L in that statement.

See below....Tummy has excellent tastes also.

My future Rockers! Twins Blog

Ahtumbreez 10456 desperate attention whore postings

04-09-08, 11:40 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Ahtumbreez Click to send private message to Ahtumbreez Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: Top 8 Rankings/Thoughts - Inspirational Night"
*snort I used to tell DD that Steven Tyler was her REAL daddy

Agman took me to the islands

dragonflies 8051 desperate attention whore postings

04-09-08, 10:33 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dragonflies Click to send private message to dragonflies Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Top 8 Rankings/Thoughts - Inspirational Night"
1. Jason Castro - Thought it would be a train wreck, but I loved it!
2. Kristy - I cannot believe I have her ranked this high. She did a fantastic job, and she looked great too. Dang, I wanted her gone
3. David A - Same as Kristy. I want him gone, but he just keeps singing well and making good choices.
4. David C. - Don't know the song, but it was good.
5. Brooke - song fit her, but I am getting really bored.
6. Syesha - I actually kind of liked it. I thought she did better than Fantasia, but I never liked Fantasia, so I might be biased.
7. Michael Johns - the opposite of Kristy & David A. I want him to stay around, but I didn't overly enjoy this and don't think he will stay. Karaoke
8. Carly - Horrid. Her voice was all over the place. Might be the worst performance of a Queen song on AI. Or at least one of the worst. I would not be sad to see her go, but I don't think she will yet due to her fanbase.

on the beach with smokeysmom

mindy23 1319 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

04-09-08, 11:28 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mindy23 Click to send private message to mindy23 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: Top 8 Rankings/Thoughts - Inspirational Night"
Halfta say: NOT a Jason C. fan, but he did it for me last night. THAT and his "Hallelujia" were the best ever in his listings so far. I rank him Numero UNO! Great job, and loved the ukelele. Not an impersonation, just original and GREAT!

Syeshia: Not a fan or her's either, but I thought she did better than she was judged at. So what? She's not Fantasia, Whitney or whomever. What's that supposed to mean? Where does that leave her at song choices? I don't get that philosophy! Thought she was right on for most of the time, and did a really good job.

Kristy: Very, Very GOOD! Perfect, in pitch, just right! I see her going down the path of Kelly Pickler as a "B" Country Singer, without the cutsie personality.

David C: Never heard the song before, but in my eyes, he can do very little wrong. Wasn't really on the mark for me, but still love the dude!

Don't even know where to go from here-the rest were just SO BAD...
Carly: WHAT WERE YOU THINKING?? Stop with the ugly faces already! Cover that tatoo when you're doing inspirational, sweet, lovable songs. DO SOMETHING DIFFERENT or you're going home! And I hate it because you are AMAZING! But you're losing it, Girl! What is going on?? AWFUL!

Michael: YUCK. Ugly faces, unltd. Off key, cover your belly, too, dude. Tired of seeing that spare tire. I have to look at mine every day, don't need to see yours-it's distracting!

David A: Whatever. The judges and little girls love you no matter what. I want to see what ELSE you can do besides slow, lovey, ballad-type songs! Liked the song, didn't know it, so can't really critique how well you did it. But I'm just tired of all the hoopala.

Brooke: EH, and Double EH! Another one of those 'can do no wrong' for the judges, and she was all over the place. What is with the shaking, crying, all over the world emotions? She is quickly becoming one of the most irritaing contestants EVER! Even Scott wasn't as bold (because he wasn't as beautiful?) as she is! Time to go home-Ba-BYE, hope I don't run in to you in Mesa some day, because I will NOT stop and ask for your autograph, I promise! Sorry, Sweetie, you are NOT all that and a cup of honey-not to me, anyway.....

04-09-08, 12:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Glow Click to send private message to Glow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "RE: Top 8 Rankings/Thoughts - Inspirational Night"
"cover your belly, too, dude"

I missed belly last night?

zazzy 4390 desperate attention whore postings

04-09-08, 05:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail zazzy Click to send private message to zazzy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
35. "RE: Top 8 Rankings/Thoughts - Inspirational Night"
Not sure what she is talkin' about ...maybe his shirt tail was out a little bit?

Check out this pic from iGB--there is no spare tire here!

http://tinyurl.com/5pqzvn

04-09-08, 11:30 AM (EST)
Click to EMail zazzy Click to send private message to zazzy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: Top 8 Rankings/Thoughts - Inspirational Night"
I have reached that point in the season where I am really frustrated with the judges. Their comments last night were out of step with the performances. Once again they split the contestants into two camps:

Pimped and/or overpimped: KLC, Jason C, Brooke, David A

Depimped or antipimped: David C, Michael J, Carly, Syesha

Who would have thought they would dump on DC/MJ/CS in the same night?

1. Michael--went back and listened to his vocals after the others sang. Hands down the best vocals. Judges revealed their agenda for him on the Larry King show. Sing bluesy soul or no support for you, Michael Johns! (**read that as "No soup for you!!!**) Funny, the impersonation label should have gone to David C last night but that's for later. Oh, and AI isn't about dreams? Then what are those freakin' coronation songs about, lol. I wonder if they teleprompt the producers' script for Randy, he was so blatant. Simon at least has some smoothness with his line of bull. Most likely to sit on the silver stool the whole night on Thursday as token bottom 3.

2. Jason C. Enjoyed it. But the judges way overpraised it. Blazing hot? Gimmeabreak. Praised enough to be safe on Thursday.

3. David C. I got his performance. A bit of a poser, but very strategic. I think they took him down a notch because they needed to pimp others last night.

4. Carly S. Can't set a foot right on the AI stage. Talented but really wrong song choice. Wants to be like the singers of Heart only the judges don't get it. Bottom 2 tonight most likely from her depimping.

5. David A. I still don't get him. Way overpraised. Way overpimped.

6. KLC. Great song choice. Really smart. Average delivery. WAY, WAY, WAY overpimped by Randy who said he would sign her when he and the other judges were on Larry King this week. Conflict of interest Randy? And Paula, who needs Randy to be in the singing biz, went along with the script, too. Yeesh.

6. (tied) Brooke. No Carly Simon. Pimp spot was a gift. Guess they don't want her sobbing on stage this week so they gave her the pimp spot to keep her out of the bottom 3.

6. (tied) Syesha. Oh, were you sacrificed this week or what? Rumor has it a friend of hers posted on the IDF board that she was told to sing that song. And going second. Most likely boot this week. Did you all notice that Ryan's silver stool interview with Syesha was all about Ramiele? Can it get any worse for her?

04-09-08, 02:27 PM (EST)
31. "RE: Top 8 Rankings/Thoughts - Inspirational Night"
>>Rumor has it a friend of hers posted on the IDF board that she was told to sing that song.<<

I'm really skeptical of this.

I don't doubt there's plenty of 'advice' being given to the kids, but I'd be really shocked if they flat-out told someone what song to sing.

Sounds like excuses to me.

04-09-08, 04:58 PM (EST)
34. "RE: Top 8 Rankings/Thoughts - Inspirational Night"
I read about it --before-- she sang on the show last night.

The producers have manipulated song choice before. One example that comes to mind is Taylor singing Country Roads on country week season 5.

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings

04-09-08, 12:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "RE: Top 8 Rankings/Thoughts - Inspirational Night"
Yoiks...Scooby Doo....Rutro that was bad

1. Jason-a bit corny but the best of the nite...although he was making weird Carly faces when he was singing...stop it!
I think he should have sang Tiptoe thru the Tulips when Simon praised him

2. Syesha-this was good until the end note just stop doing that Syesha

3. KKKristy-wuh-wuh-What? on this nite she was better than the rest...but I still don't like her

4. Brooke-nice boring meh

5. David A.-meh it was ok

6. David C-boy that was bad. The beginning it sounded like he was a foghorn or something...the song is not that bad but his performance was. He was making stupid Carly faces too...again STOP IT!!

7. Michael-Dood what did I say about the scarves. Geek I thought of you and pictured Michael as the cartoon Fred. That was so bad esp. the end...I think Paula's dogs were the only ones that could hear those shrieks. So much from last week flushed down the toilet. Simon was right on about him pretending to be a rock star.. .Steve Tyler you are NOT! ..esp. with that stupid ending like he just gave his all..pah lease (sorry glowie )

8. Carly-that was awful I hope she really does go like Simon said...did you notice nobody booed when he said that?

04-09-08, 12:29 PM (EST)
30. "RE: Top 8 Rankings/Thoughts - Inspirational Night"
He's not pretending to be anything. He.just.is. *squinty eyes*

pffffffffft
*flings hair and stomps out of the room*

04-09-08, 05:11 PM (EST)
36. "RE: Top 8 Rankings/Thoughts - Inspirational Night"
Right behind you, Glow!

toddE 1433 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

04-09-08, 05:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail toddE Click to send private message to toddE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
37. "RE: Top 8 Rankings/Thoughts - Inspirational Night"
Really Good:

1. Jason Castro, who I have never liked and wanted booted like three weeks ago, was by far the best.
2. David Archulata did have some flaws, like Simon said, but this was also great.
3. Brooke wasn't very original, but she was very pleasant and I felt her.

OK:

4. Kristy sang pretty well, but I didn't feel it and don't understand why she's getting such props this week (God Bless the USA was way better).
5. Michael was indeed karaoke and his scarf looked redonkulous, but he wasn't bad.
6. Carly's voice was good, but her performance was weird and her song choice blew.
7. Syesha sounded fine, but unremarkable.

Bad:

8. David Cook was the only one I thought really blew. This time his chance didn't pay off.

theincrediblehugey 141 desperate attention whore postings

04-10-08, 10:29 AM (EST)
Click to EMail theincrediblehugey Click to send private message to theincrediblehugey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
40. "RE: Top 8 Rankings/Thoughts - Inspirational Night"
"David Cook was the only one I thought really blew. This time his chance didn't pay off."

I suppose this is what the judges meant a few weeks ago when they said David C. is "brave."

He's not afraid to take risks with arrangements, vocoder, hand gestures, or whatever it takes to create something fresh and memorable.

"Hello" or "Billie Jean" could just have easily blown, if he had an off night. Word is that the itunes download is the best of the lot.

cjhope117 584 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

04-09-08, 07:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cjhope117 Click to send private message to cjhope117 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
38. "RE: Top 8 Rankings/Thoughts - Inspirational Night"
The short version...

1. Michael--Awesome!

2. Jason--Beautiful...both him and the song.

3. Carly--not her best but still good.

4. David C.--not my favorite...eh.

5. David A.--Didn't care for it.

6. Brooke--Bleh.

7. Kristy--ick, I would put her last but...

8. Syesha--no, no, no, all wrong!

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •