The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Gabe ETOnline Interview: SPOILERS!"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

SurvivinDawg 6816 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-03-02, 09:50 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivinDawg Click to send private message to SurvivinDawg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Gabe ETOnline Interview: SPOILERS!"
LAST EDITED ON 04-03-02 AT 09:51 AM (EST)

Here is the ETOnline Interview with Gabe. I haven't seen it posted here before now, but I might have missed it. If so, apologies in advance.

I see some spoiler material here, to wit:

ET: How much did the tribe swap affect you?

GABRIEL: The tribe swap was really hard for me. Pappy (PASCHAL) and I had become really close, so it was really tough. He was a real source of strength. A lot of my spiritual strength came from being around Pappy. He was just one of the kindest people I've been around in my life. So, that was tough, but it just became a new experience for me, and the new guys that came over were jubilant and they liked to have fun. It added a bit of humor to a pretty stern camp, I might say.

I submit this as proof that Paschal does NOT leave this week (Ep. 6). The way Gabe talks about Paschal suggests that he does not see Pappy at Loser Lodge. Could be MB misdirection, of course.

ET: Do you think bonding with the new tribe members helped to push you out?

GABRIEL: It certainly looked that way. When you're out there, you just try to be a part of it all, either you're out there for the individual struggle for survival, or you're out there for the individual responsibility for the struggle of all, which is what I was doing. I wanted to experience the society. I wanted to see what the social dynamic was because that's the fourth part of the game. You've got food, fire and water. The social aspect is what most people forget.

This is what Dicque of Survivor I has been saying and I've been quoting for a while.

ET: There was a little controversy in the paper saying you and Sean knew each other ahead of time. Any truth to that?

GABRIEL: No truth to that whatsoever. The story is that Sean just happens to go to a bar where I happen to work. But I spent almost a year there as a bar-back with my head down and hands in the dishpan. If I had gotten into an elevator with Sean, I wouldn't have known who he was.

MB and See-BS have been working very hard to dispel this "controversy." The amount of effort they have put into it suggests to me that there IS smoke. And where there's smoke...

*** Contradictions don't exist. If you are faced with a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong. -- Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Gabe ETOnline Interview: SPOILE... ItzLisa 04-03-02 1
   RE: Gabe ETOnline Interview: SPOILE... SurvivinDawg 04-03-02 2
       RE: Gabe ETOnline Interview: SPOILE... dabo 04-03-02 3
           RE: Gabe ETOnline Interview: SPOILE... SurvivinDawg 04-03-02 4
 Very Interesting... dabo 04-03-02 5

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

ItzLisa 3350 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

04-03-02, 09:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ItzLisa Click to send private message to ItzLisa Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Gabe ETOnline Interview: SPOILERS!"
Nice job, Dawg!

I think you're right about Pappy being safe for a while. Sounds like Gabe misses the interaction they had, so I don't think Pappy's at Loser Lodge One. How far he makes it once the jury process starts, we'll see...

As for the Sean & Gabe knew each other thing - I do have to say I never bought into that too much. I think we (meaning the internet sites, the media, etc.) put more into that than there was. I sure don't know the employees of the restaurants, stores, etc. that I go to - I still think that was a weird coincidence. And besides, it didn't result in any kind of alliance, as we saw in Episode 5. Gabe's gone, and Sean was part of the landslide vote against him.

Visit BlossomArt's Ebay Page!

"This is a check made out to you, the Beatles, for $3,000 - you divide it up any way you want. If you want to give Ringo less, it's up to you." (SNL's Lorne Michaels, April 1976)

04-03-02, 10:10 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivinDawg Click to send private message to SurvivinDawg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Gabe ETOnline Interview: SPOILERS!"
I agree with you, ItzLisa, that the Sean/Gabe/Belly thing isn't that big a deal as far as spoiler info goes, and it probably didn't affect the game very much if at all.

But I included a comment on it here because I DON'T think it was just a coincidence, especially when one considers that the bar just HAPPENS to be the one that Mike Boogie owns/works at. And Mike Boogie just HAPPENED to be on a See-BS reality-TV show (Big Brother 2). So what I'm saying is that Survivor is no more "pure" than any of the other reality-tv shows, and that at least SOME of these contestants (Sean springs immediately to mind) weren't just selected from the 50,000 videos they received, and that this COULD have some effect on what MB is doing with the game. And whether or not THAT is of future spoiler value is for y'all to decide.

*** Contradictions don't exist. If you are faced with a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong. -- Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings

04-03-02, 10:30 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Gabe ETOnline Interview: SPOILERS!"
MB should have vetted these players and discovered their connection. Even if Gabe and Sean never met, the fact that Gabe worked there and Sean's photo has been on the bar's website for over a year should have precluded them both being cast to be in the same game.

And yes, the social aspect of the game is of tremendous importance for an individual strategy, and as well for the atmosphere within the camps.

04-03-02, 10:44 AM (EST)
4. "RE: Gabe ETOnline Interview: SPOILERS!"
My whole point is that these guys (Gabe, Sean, Mike Boogie, at least) have agents and had that inside shot at a spot on the "sweet sixteen" (to use a little NCAA lingo, there).

MB not only wasn't going to have these people vetted, he was probably well aware of the connection and ignored it in order to get Sean and his "attitudes" (and likely, his humor) on the show.

But this is starting to drift into the Bashers arena, and I did post for spoiler value, particularly vis-a-vis Paschal. So I'll stop hijacking my own thread.

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings

04-03-02, 10:49 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "Very Interesting..."
Gabe says that Rob's "Godfather" part was totally hidden around camp, that he was a very funny guy who kept everyone laughing, and it seems Sean is running the same social strategy.

Also, the ET Online vote has John, Sean and Rob leading for next to go; Maraamu tribe isn't attracting much attention though Gina has a slight edge over the others. For whatever that's worth.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •