The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"updated "easter egg" chart"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Maraarotu 80 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

04-03-02, 01:14 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Maraarotu Click to send private message to Maraarotu Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"updated "easter egg" chart"
LAST EDITED ON 04-05-02 AT 06:04 PM (EST)

ok - a pattern is starting to emerge.

look at the blue and green chart and compare the pairings of numbers ie 7&8 9&10 etc. and look where they are in the big chart. one is above the other; one is beside; one is below etc.

there is definitely a pattern (between the number pairings) - if you look close enough.

http://community.realitytvworld.com/boards/User_files/3cae2cff1d4020dc

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: updated "easter egg" chart ulalame 04-03-02 1
   RE: updated "easter egg" chart dabo 04-03-02 2
       RE: updated "easter egg" chart Lurking 04-03-02 3
           RE: updated "easter egg" chart PepeLePew13 04-03-02 4
           RE: updated "easter egg" chart dabo 04-03-02 7
   Statistically speaking..... Wacko Jacko 04-04-02 13
 RE: updated "easter egg" chart zeako 04-03-02 5
 ok - settle down Maraarotu 04-03-02 6
   RE: redo as if S3 now princesstan 04-03-02 8
       RE: redo as if S3 now Fashionista007 04-03-02 10
   As a matter of fact, TechNoir 04-03-02 9
       RE: As a matter of fact, Maraarotu 04-03-02 11
 RE: updated "easter egg" chart sorgee 04-04-02 12
 RE: updated "easter egg" chart ShowMeTheWinner 04-05-02 14
   RE: updated "easter egg" chart brenda1234 04-05-02 15
       RE: updated "easter egg" chart NorthOfBoston 04-05-02 16

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

ulalame 778 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

04-03-02, 01:45 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ulalame Click to send private message to ulalame Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: updated "easter egg" chart"
Pardon my lack of knowledge, but what exactly is this chart? Some kind of computer program that extrapolates the chances of the players based upon past votes? Please explain for those of us who are clueless! Thanks

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-03-02, 02:12 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: updated "easter egg" chart"
This is statistical analysis using main title presentation order and known bootie order from the previous 3 Survivors as a base. It is interesting, but mainly one has to keep in mind that the computer program has to assume that presntation order in the main titles has some relevance, which has yet to be proven. Still, the breakdown in twos rather than fours, as in the previous breakdown, is interesting.

Lurking 156 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

04-03-02, 06:43 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Lurking Click to send private message to Lurking Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: updated "easter egg" chart"
Is it saying that Rob could be going next?

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings

04-03-02, 06:51 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: updated "easter egg" chart"
LAST EDITED ON 04-03-02 AT 06:54 AM (EST)

I've looked and I've looked... but I still see a bingo sheet (thanks, shakes) and I cannot see a definitive pattern. I cannot see any pattern that might suggest that Rob is next and I wonder if this is merely a 'wishful thinking' chart?

It would really, really help if you could explain how the computer came up with the pattern and the logic of why the colours were placed where they are on the chart. For example, why not a yellow for Neleh since John got one and there's precedence for someone in his slot getting a Final 2 appearance (Tina)? Etc.

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings

04-03-02, 11:05 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: updated "easter egg" chart"
>Is it saying that Rob could
>be going next?

Yes, that's what it says. Then it says Vee and Sean will be the next two to go, then Kathy and Gina the two after that, then Robert and Zoe, then Neleh and Paschal, leaving Tammy and John as the final two. Not a big surprise that the next three are Original Maraamu/New Rotu according to the way a computer program compiles their statistical chances, or that original Maraamu are completely wiped out by the final six perhaps final seven. This really seems to be proving that there is no relevance to presentation order.

Not that I'm knocking the effort, I do find it interesting, and if it knocks down presentation order theories then that's something.

Wacko Jacko 2438 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

04-04-02, 03:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Wacko%20Jacko Click to send private message to Wacko%20Jacko Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "Statistically speaking....."
looks right on the money.

I could by Rob going next followed by Sean and Vee and I could see John and tammy in the finals.

We'll see how it goes.

Good work.

zeako 99 desperate attention whore postings

04-03-02, 07:17 AM (EST)
Click to EMail zeako Click to send private message to zeako Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: updated "easter egg" chart"
LAST EDITED ON 04-03-02 AT 05:44 PM (EST)

I think, statistically, you could come up with a pattern from the intros, even if they are random. After your current pattern doesn't play out, you will be able to come up with a new one. I really don't buy this list. Just because you can extrapolate from a set of data, it doesn't necessarily mean it has any relevence. Of course Mark Burnett is a sly guy and I could be wrong.

Be that as it may, I would like to know what assumptions and method you used in coming up with your list. The computer didn't produce the list - you did by the data and assumptions you gave it.

04-03-02, 08:05 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Maraarotu Click to send private message to Maraarotu Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "ok - settle down"
LAST EDITED ON 04-03-02 AT 08:29 AM (EST)

As I said earlier - this is just a computer program (JMPIN to be exact). It has nothing to do with my wishes, as I would like Gina to win. A computer cannot determine human nature - I just posted this out of interest. Please remember that.

For those of you compelled to put others' ideas down remember:

Out "read",
Out "ignore",
Out "move on"!

princesstan 20 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

04-03-02, 02:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail princesstan Click to send private message to princesstan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: redo as if S3 now"
Why don't you pretend we are S3 now and see the results the computer gives and see if it actually matches up to what happened in S3. Then we can really be sure if your computer is on to something.

Fashionista007 34 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

04-03-02, 10:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Fashionista007 Click to send private message to Fashionista007 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: redo as if S3 now"
That's a good idea! That would put an end to all this hopefully.

TechNoir 9741 desperate attention whore postings

04-03-02, 09:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TechNoir Click to send private message to TechNoir Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "As a matter of fact,"
I am settled down. I am so settled down that I've begun to refer to myself in the third person.

In a former life TechNoir was a statistician. And the small statistician part of her brain keeps looking at these bingo cards with puzzled curiousity. Now that you have told her what program you used, she has settled down even more.

Settled down enough to understand that using JMPIN -- a SAS module designed to perform analysis of variance -- makes no sense whatsoever. You keep inputting various kinds of garbage and get colored pictures out. And they have absolutely nothing to do with anything.

If you actually want to construct a coherent argument it would be useful to give your readers a complete set of information ... what data you used, how you put it into the program, and what program you used to analyze it.

Tech is now
Out "of here"

60 Pixel Series, No. 2

04-03-02, 10:45 PM (EST)
11. "RE: As a matter of fact,"
LAST EDITED ON 04-03-02 AT 11:00 PM (EST)

You dont seem settled to me; and as a mental health professional - that is a "professional opinion".

It's all in fun - relax and enjoy the show.

p.s.

Different computer programs use different design-matrix codings, and thus parameterizations, to fit effects and construct hypothesis tests. JMP uses a different coding than the GLM procedure in the SAS system, though in most cases JMP and SAS GLM procedure produce the same results.

sorgee 1455 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

04-04-02, 03:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sorgee Click to send private message to sorgee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: updated "easter egg" chart"
if nothing else, your analysis was interesting and pretty to look at. i wonder how close to reality the program's predictions will be. can you leave it posted? i will want to look at it again after a few episodes.

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;Don't do the action if you can't handle the reaction. ~deborah briggs

ShowMeTheWinner 962 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

04-05-02, 03:29 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ShowMeTheWinner Click to send private message to ShowMeTheWinner Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: updated "easter egg" chart"
No offense, but with the inaccuracies of the "spoiler" information of the bingo sheet, don't you think that this thread would fit in more if it was put under Survivor Fanatics?

brenda1234 24 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

04-05-02, 02:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail brenda1234 Click to send private message to brenda1234 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: updated "easter egg" chart"
I usually keep quiet and just read...but I felt like I should speak up. I have a similar program on my computer and I inputted the same info...I got similar results, but it had John going next, and then Rob, and then Kathy. It leads me to believe that this might be on to something.
Also, I used someones tip to pretend to be s3...the computer had Kelly going next.

NorthOfBoston 158 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

04-05-02, 08:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail NorthOfBoston Click to send private message to NorthOfBoston Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: updated "easter egg" chart"
Well, at this time in S3, Clarence would be going next, but Kelly is right after (does close count)? I'd be curious to know if the program set to S3 chose the correct final two (or at least final four)

Unlock | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •