The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Early Merge??/"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

cowboyroo 590 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

04-02-02, 11:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cowboyroo Click to send private message to cowboyroo Click to check IP address of the poster
"Early Merge??/"
This just dawned out of me out of nowhere so I thought I'd post it...

What about an EARLY merge. I've not seen this discussed (but possibly didn't look hard enough)

The title is "The UnderdogS")...Some people have referred to Kathy/Gina as Underdogs. Some have referred to Old Marmaarus as Underdogs. John is the big bad guy now. If there was an early merge, the Underdogs could unite to take down the big bad guy....

N/P/K may have a loss of trust for their old tribemates with the Gabe boot. I think Gabe/P/N/Zoe were an alliance originally....Zoe had no choice but to go along with John at that point in the game.

This could create irony in the Losing immunity challenge quote...John suggests losing immunity, its individual immunity, John wins immunity...

Given this I could still see a Gina boot. Both of our power mongers would go along with that game plan...

Just a far out thought, but it came to mind so I thought I'd put it out there...

Another option that came to mind is the old and new Mamaaru's joining up against the New Rotu 4, and either John or Robert going down..

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Early Merge??/ JeffGator 04-03-02 1
   RE: Early Merge??/ cowboyroo 04-03-02 2
 nope! Maraarotu 04-04-02 3

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

JeffGator 1401 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

04-03-02, 04:09 AM (EST)
Click to EMail JeffGator Click to send private message to JeffGator Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Early Merge??/"
I don't know, I guess there could be an early merge, but it seems like with the twist happening so early in the game, that if anything the merge might be a little late. I mean, with the twist happening after only the 3rd episode, if they merge in episode 6, there's pretty much not anything left to look forward to the rest of the game. I don't think that the merge is going to come until around episode 8 or 9.
As far as why the show is titled "the underdogs" I really have no idea but would best guess that it is talking about the Sean/Rob/Vee alliance against John/tammy/zoe/robert. The show clearly is going to have John vs. Rob in it (as we've seen in the previews) and since S/R/V are outnumbered, maybe they will be the underdogs. The only flaw with this theory is that usually underdog is a term given to someone who we root for and I don't think too many people are rooting for Sean/Rob/Vee. I don't know but I do think Gina will get the boot.

cowboyroo 590 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

04-03-02, 11:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cowboyroo Click to send private message to cowboyroo Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Early Merge??/"
On ET Online, they usually have online preview on Wednesday, but not today. Jeff Varner's column is updated and I found this comment interesting: Speaking of the new Maraaumu-

"Seeing how the other four will fit into a unified tribe without Gabriel will be fascinating to watch. An early or late merge would most definitely intensify the drama. Don't you agree? "

He also makes a comment about John possibly being the dish of the message boards Friday morning somewhat indirectly.

There is a more and more of me thinking we may get an early merge tomorrow, and they have to go to TC right after the individual IC. This would very well be trouble for the UNDERDOGS because tribemates would not have been able to gather together to discuss who they'll be voting off...Could make things very interesting....also could help bring about the True Lies title for the next week, since my guess would be there would be several different parties getting votes...

I know this is out there, but the speculation about a late merge just bothers me because it wouldn't give the first jury member quite enough time to know the opposite team...Huge difference between 3 and 6 days, so I could see an EARLY merge much easier than a late merge....and WOW, what dynamics we would have the way things are now....John and Rob on a powerhunt with 4 new people coming into play....This would make for an AMAZING Ep. 7....

Maraarotu 80 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

04-04-02, 00:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Maraarotu Click to send private message to Maraarotu Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "nope!"
This should clear up any rumours of an early merge or a bigger jury.
THE JURY
Beginning with the eighth ousted Survivor, the final Tribal Council will ultimately consist of the seven members who have previously been voted out of the tribe. It is their job to vote on the $1 million winner between the final two remaining Survivors.

=========================================================================

2. Will there always be two teams?
No. Beginning in episode seven, the two teams merge. The remaining Survivors, accustomed to thinking of each other as "the enemy" or members of the "other team" will come to live together and compete as individuals. At that point, the challenges become person against person, as opposed to team against team; only the winning individual will receive a reward and/or immunity.

=========================================================================
(taken from the official site)

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •