The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"A Case for Paschal"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

idiotcowboy 1135 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

04-02-02, 09:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail idiotcowboy Click to send private message to idiotcowboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"A Case for Paschal"
I think I got something here. First off I am totally convinced that Maraamu goes back to TC this week and this is why. As TechNoir posted there are pics of Paschal here that include these two pics showing Paschal wearing a black shirt at TC...

then what appears to be blue shirt at TC.

Swami correctly points out though that you only get 1 long sleeved shirt and Paschal's is black... not blue. Then a friend sends me this pic...

Well I suppose it could be video tricks, or blue light, or some other oddity, but personally I think it is more likely that this is Paschal wearing his short sleeved blue shirt over his long sleeved black shirt back at TC as a Maraamu. There is enough bleed in the image to make the sleeves look blue too, but they are really black. Which means Maraamu must go back to TC this week (unless of course the merge is E8 instead of E7 which logistically doesn't work well).

Ok so we have a likely MooMoo TC. Why not Gina? I mean doesn't everything we have point to Gina getting booted? Gabe's Mom... Hunter... everything right? Well yes and no. First off she could still go next week and meet those spoilers. Especially if John decides to honor his deal with Rob et al. She would be the most likely post merge boot under those circumstances. So it is not out of the question that she goes E7 if she doesnt go this week.

Next what about Kathy? The rumor says she goes E7. Well personally since I believe it has mutated from this conversation on EZ here I personally give it "0" creadence. Basically it is one person who says I know this person who know some other person who knows Kathy's dog and they said she goes April 11th. Sorry I think Wanda is more reliable than that... and Wanda is as reliable as Ted (aka the Awful Truth Guy) who tried to help with S2 and failed miserably. The point being Kathy could be out at the merge. She could be out just after the merge, or she could win the thing and these "spoilers" would hold the same amount of usefulness.

What about Rob and the John fight? Well this is a bit tricky. First off John should take down Rob the first opportunity he can. Rob has proved to be a player and the longer he remains in the game the more dangerous he becomes. That being said it appears that he and John have a deal to take him and the rest of the cast-off maraamu's to the merge. The biggest problem with that is if Rotu looses IC or throws the IC. Here we must defer to Survivor rule #33 which goes something to the effect if a question is raised like "will Rotu throw the challenge" the answer it ALWAYS a resounding "NO". So we can safely say that Rotu will not throw the challenge. What is the ONLY way to prove this beyond a shadow of doubt? The only way, and I repeat for emphasis the ONLY way to prove that they did not pull up or in some other manner intentionally throw the challenge is IF ROTU wins the challenge. SO the Rob-John fued will be nothing more than distraction and set up a showdown at the merge next week.

So at this point if you have followed all of this, let me lead you a little bit further. Paschal... why Paschal? The previews. Now I am not a OFG theorist and honestly I don't really understand the whole thing, I mean some people seem to think it is one thing and others think it is something completely different. Who knows? OFG we hope! Anyway whether this falls into the OFG theory or one of it's many theorms is for others more steaped in the mythos and legend that it has become to decide. For me the thing that puts the big ole bullseye on Paschal is the fact that he has been central to the last two previews. Not the web versions or the many teaser ones that show up on various shows to entice the non-survivor fanatics (like us) to watch the show. The main trailer preview. Here is where MB tries to hooks the fans to come back next week. Here is where he must remind his loyal fans who is in the game that might be booted next. After all it's all about the boot right? So last week we have several full face shots of Paschal in the preview, but why? Was he featured in the show? No. Was he central to what happened? Not really. Yet there he was. This week we have even more though. There he is and the voice-over says "Paschal is shocked". Why single out Paschal? I mean did you see the face Kathy makes? Or the one that Gina makes for that matter. The preview though says "Paschal". Seems to me there is a reason for this, and the reason is he is the boot. The distraction points at Rob-John and the "attempted" thrown challenge, but don't be fooled. The Maraamu will be at TC, and the main preview tells us plain and clear it is Paschal who needs to be worried.

Alright for those of you still longing for the "logical" reason why Neleh and Kathy would vote off Pappy instead of Gina. Think about this. At the next TC they will have been on the island for 18 days. 9 as part of Rotu, 9 as part of Maraamu. They now have reason to not trust their former tribemates that remained on Rotu because of Gabe. They all like each other. Granted the Neleh-Paschal-Kathy 3-some have been around the whole time, but in the 9 days they have spent with Gina she has become a part of them. Would it be fair to vote her off just because she had the misfortune of being on the wrong tribe from the beginning? For most people I would say that would never cross anyone's mind, but this tribe which has really come together I can see anything from whoever costs them the IC being the vote choice because they "let the team down", to Pappy saying you know I don't really need the money so vote me off, or even lets draw straws to see who goes. Heck I might even buy the arguement that bringing a Maraamu to try and reunite with the other Maraamu's would be a good strategy. Any of these could happen and if they did... and Pappy is voted off... and he really has had too much of a story thus far, what would MB need to do to ensure that the general veiwing population wasn't completely scratching their heads saying "Where did that come from Ma?"... the answers is simple, remind everyone he is in the game before it happens.

-ICB

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: A Case for Paschal Loree 04-02-02 1
   RE: A Case for Paschal Kokoro 04-02-02 2
 RE: A Case for Paschal true 04-02-02 3
 RE: A Case for Paschal Serendipity 04-02-02 4
 RE: A Case for Paschal gemstone 04-03-02 5
   RE: A Case for Paschal JeffGator 04-03-02 6
       RE: A Case for Paschal smiles 04-03-02 11
       RE: A Case for Paschal gemstone 04-03-02 12
 I still say it's gonna be Gina but ... JeffGator 04-03-02 7
 RE: A Case for Paschal IceCat 04-03-02 8
 RE: A Case for Paschal SurvivinDawg 04-03-02 9
   RE: A Case for Paschal idiotcowboy 04-03-02 10
       RE: A Case for Paschal managerr 04-03-02 13
 Kathy Ep. 7 a hint? BaquaR13 04-04-02 14

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-02-02, 10:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: A Case for Paschal"
If Maraamu goes to TC the only reason I could see voting off Pappy is weakness. The tribe could be worried that the merge is not happening for awhile. They will be down to 3 members and have to carry water and work and survive plus compete in challenges. Pappy would be the biggest liability. They need Kathy. Say what you will about her personality. She works hard and provides food. Neleh and Gina are probably more energetic than old Pappy. So the tribe could make a joint decision that it is the best for all of them to vote out Pappy.

Kokoro 3899 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

04-02-02, 10:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Kokoro Click to send private message to Kokoro Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: A Case for Paschal"
IMO, the only way Paschal would go is if he "pulled a B.B.". I know we'd expect people to come into this ready for action and intelligently, but really, as we've seen with many contestants, they don't. Perhaps Paschal will find the game has gotten too nasty, or perhaps he just doesn't want to continue for whatever reason. Things that do support a Paschal boot for me are his featured/narrative-style role in the promos, plus the fact that his character type is already as developed as it's going to get (so is Neleh's IMO) --> Also, have we really done a lot of speculation on how Mara could feel about Gabe being gone besides the obvious disappointment....it's not as if they can speak to them openly so they'll have 3 days of speculation for themselves before the vote (if they lose the IC). It's also possible that they feel they've been abandoned and feel that they could be picked off (another reason to give up for some) - anyway, just trying to add to the discussion =)

(sidenote: One thing I find especially strange is that he's been the loveable old man type. I expected a judge to be one of the more forceful personalities - but then maybe I'm just stereotyping)

----------------------------------------
Now let us never speak of S3 again.

Gabriel: "Alright, John go straight! Straight!" - Um, Gabe?

Stop Discrimination Now

true 9689 desperate attention whore postings

04-02-02, 11:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail true Click to send private message to true Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: A Case for Paschal"
Ok, I'm with you most of the way on this. But, don't you think it's possible that Paschal is being set up as the alternate boot to Gina. There are always at least 2 possibilites presented, and I think those 2 will be Gina and Paschal. Kathy has already been done to death, and Neleh is too much of a stretch, so Paschal is all that's left.

I don't see Neleh or Kathy turning against Paschal, or Gina making a move to get Paschal voted out. So, the only way that Paschal would go is if he takes himself out of the game, by asking to be voted out. Since that is basically what happened last week, with Gabe , I kinda doubt it happens again this week.

true

True friends stab you in the front -Oscar Wilde

Serendipity 525 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

04-02-02, 11:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Serendipity Click to send private message to Serendipity Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: A Case for Paschal"
But the entire shirt in the TC cap is almost a purple blue whereas the short-sleeved shirt over the black is much lighter blue in color. Note that the sleeve is the same color as the shoulder.

gemstone 70 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

04-03-02, 00:08 AM (EST)
Click to EMail gemstone Click to send private message to gemstone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: A Case for Paschal"
"Would it be fair to vote her off just because she had the misfortune of being on the wrong tribe from the beginning?"

Considering that Gina played a lousy game in original Maraamu, she deserves to be booted before P\N\K who are the ones who got screwed by the swap. Gina was saved by it, at least for a while.

Gina did not form alliances. She could have had an alliance of H\Pa\V\G, a majority, since Episode 2 if she played the game smartly. She helped boot a strong player before a weaker player. She then went after a player who was protected allowing Se\V\R\Sa to create an alliance out of necessity. She didn't even seem to be aware that an alliance was forming around her.

JeffGator 1401 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

04-03-02, 02:32 AM (EST)
Click to EMail JeffGator Click to send private message to JeffGator Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: A Case for Paschal"
I totally disagree that Gina played a lousy game in old Maraamu. She happened to be very unlucky by being placed in a tribe of lazy, evil, losers (or knuckleheads as Hunter put it). She was a hard worker and stood out from the rest because of it. If she played such a lousy game, then why is she getting along so well with Neleh, Paschal, and Kathy?

By your logic, Sara played an excellent game because while she was on Maraamu she was in the majority alliance. However, after the switch and Sara was put on a tribe that wasn't comprised of the lazy, evil, losers she was used to, she was the first one booted out.

"She helped boot a strong player before a weaker player."

--I think you're talking about Peter here and I will agree with you that was a stupid move. But her tribemates were all gonna vote for Peter, and I think she had to go with them so she didn't stand out.

"She then went after a player who was protected allowing Se\V\R\Sa to create an alliance out of necessity."

--I'm not sure what you mean by alliance out of necessity, but voting for Sara was a smart move, she wasn't helping the camp out or in the immunity challenge and deserved to go. Unfortunately, the rest of the tribe did not agree.

Basically my point is, if Gina had started out on Rotu, she'd have made the final 2.

smiles 675 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

04-03-02, 02:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail smiles Click to send private message to smiles Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: A Case for Paschal"
--I'm not sure what you mean by alliance out of necessity, but voting for Sara was a smart move, she wasn't helping the camp out or in the immunity challenge and deserved to go. Unfortunately, the rest of the tribe did not agree.

I beg to differ. The way that Gina/Hunter went after Sarah was not the smartest move. If they had attacked Sarah by going to Sean or Vee then their plan would have worked. But going after Sarah via her bed buddy was a bad move. That is like asking for a husband to vote off their wife. It's not going to happen. True Sara didn't work, but they would have been better off if they tried an alternate route.

Other than following behind Hunter what was so good about Gina's game? She is doing well now because she is with people with whom she has a lot in common with. That isn't smart. It is the luck of the switch.

Refresh my memory did Gina even try to rally votes against Sara when she was voted out? Or did she go to TC voting for Sarah in hopes that everyone else would vote the same way? In any event, unless Gina can come up with some great plan I see her gone tomorrow.

smiles

gemstone 70 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

04-03-02, 03:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail gemstone Click to send private message to gemstone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: A Case for Paschal"
Sean and Vee didn't vote Peter so there goes that theory. Hunter wanted Peter gone because he challenged Hunter's leadership. You can't survive without the protection of a strong alliance. Gina followed Hunter instead of playing the game. She played lousy and it had nothing to do with being in Maraamu with Se\Sa\R\V. If she did not form an alliance in Rotu (especially if she still followed Hunter) then she would have been booted, possibly 1st TC. Ask Gabe.

"she happened to be very unlucky by being placed in a tribe of lazy, evil, losers "

Since the majority were lazy then Gina should have adapted or at least compromised instead of pushing them away and into an alliance. She could have even went along and booted Pat instead of going for Sarah then she may have been with R\\Sa instead of theming joining V\Se.

How exactly are they evil?? Because they booted Hunter? They are not losers until they are booted. Only time will tell.

JeffGator 1401 desperate attention whore postings

04-03-02, 02:39 AM (EST)
Click to EMail JeffGator Click to send private message to JeffGator Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "I still say it's gonna be Gina but maybe...."
Hey idiotcowboy, great post, I'm very impressed by what you wrote. However, I disagree on one point--I don't think Neleh would ever vote for Paschal. I guess she might if Paschal bows out though. I could see him offering to take one for the team. But I don't think that's what is going to happen.

I really believed that Rotu was going to TC and that Rob would be the one voted off but you my friend, have changed my mind. Here's what I now think will happen--
Maraamu does go to TC, I still think Gina will be voted off, but i guess Paschal is a possibility. I still don't think Neleh would vote for him but here's how he could still be booted without her voting for him:

Kathy and Gina have seemed to have bonded--maybe they will both vote for Paschal; Paschal and Neleh have obviously bonded and will vote for Kathy (or Gina). We will see our first tie in S4!!! Who knows how the tiebreaker will be decided but maybe Paschal will indeed go.

IceCat 17415 desperate attention whore postings

04-03-02, 04:48 AM (EST)
Click to EMail IceCat Click to send private message to IceCat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: A Case for Paschal"
Rather than clutter things up, I'll just post the link to my post picking Paschal going last week.

http://community.realitytvworld.com/boards/DCForumID2/2465.shtml#72

OUTSPOIL! OUTSPOOF! OUTRAGEOUS!

SurvivinDawg 6816 desperate attention whore postings

04-03-02, 07:11 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivinDawg Click to send private message to SurvivinDawg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: A Case for Paschal"
ICB, I'd love to hear your thoughts on your Paschal theory in relation to my hollow theory.

I personally am coming to believe that the focus on Paschal is misdirection OR a stepping stone for the future. So I don't think Paschal will be gone. If I'm wrong, it won't be the first time by any means.

*** Contradictions don't exist. If you are faced with a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong. -- Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

idiotcowboy 1135 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

04-03-02, 02:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail idiotcowboy Click to send private message to idiotcowboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: A Case for Paschal"
Dawg-

As I understand the your theory I think it fits quite nicely.

The way I see it MB has shown us Paschal a couple of times now, then proceded to move all the focus away from him. Paschal is the girl with the gun, and no matter how far he leads his "fan" audience down the Rob-John path it's not their time, and no matter how far he leads his "spoiler" audience down the Gina trail it's not her time either. It's Paschal's... of course I could be wrong too!

If anything your hollow theory make me firmer in my belief that Paschal will be our next TC victim.

-ICB

PS: This will have to be my last word on the subject as I am on vacation as of 5 minutes ago. Happy Spoiling, and see ya'll next week!

managerr 1959 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

04-03-02, 04:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail managerr Click to send private message to managerr Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: A Case for Paschal"
A pretty good argument. You could also say Paschal "had his moment" last week when his flag was critical in winning the immunity challenge. Now it could be his time to go. (But you could say the same of Gina)

I think Gina played an ok game. In another tribe, her strategy might have totally worked. She suffered from being too loyal to Hunter when it was apparent that Hunter's tribal influence was waning.

When you think about it, despite the person she is, Sarah did play a good game. If the swap had not come, there would be a good chance that she would have been the last person to get kicked off her tribe. (via Pagonging after the merger) Consider that she was arguably the weakest on her tribe and had a lazy attitude (and realized it)--how can you not say she had a good game? Imho, bottom line, even with the swap, she lasted 3 episodes longer than she should have.

BaquaR13 1336 desperate attention whore postings

04-04-02, 05:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail BaquaR13 Click to send private message to BaquaR13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "Kathy Ep. 7 a hint?"
LAST EDITED ON 04-04-02 AT 05:16 PM (EST)

If Kathy does go in Episode 7 (meaning the rumor is true) maybe it means that she and Gina try to vote out Paschal and Neleh and Pap try to vote out Gina. Because, if Kathy does go in Ep. 7 Gina is clearly not there. I dont see her voting for Kathy.

EDIT TO ADD: unless of course they win IC tonight and then next week Kathy goes in a tiebraker, i guess that is possible.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •