The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Old Idols never fade away..."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

fancastfan 10 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

04-02-08, 12:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail fancastfan Click to send private message to fancastfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Old Idols never fade away..."
You have to give them credit, some of the Idols know how to use their 15 minutes and counting. Justin from Season 1 is still around and is blogging about the current season. He actually has a very interesting interview up now with Antontella Barba and gets her talking about David Hernandez. Check it out at http://thebiz.fancast.com/2008/04/exclusive_justin_guarini_talks.html

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Old Idols never fade away... Tahj 04-02-08 1
   RE: Old Idols never fade away... fancastfan 04-02-08 2
       RE: Old Idols never fade away... Snidget 04-02-08 3
           RE: Old Idols never fade away... fancastfan 04-02-08 4
               WARNING - fancastfan Bebo 04-02-08 5
                   RE: WARNING - fancastfan fancastfan 04-02-08 6

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Tahj 4136 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

04-02-08, 01:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Tahj Click to send private message to Tahj Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Old Idols never fade away..."
Old Idols never fade away...

Neither do spammers, unfortunately.

It's a Tribe!

04-02-08, 01:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail fancastfan Click to send private message to fancastfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Old Idols never fade away..."
Spam? How is this spam? Not selling anything, and didn't send a message to hundreds of web sites or emails that had no relevance to AI. I thought this was a place where people might enjoy seeing Justin G.'s blog, which has pretty interesting stuff. But sorry if it offended you.

Snidget 44369 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-02-08, 01:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Old Idols never fade away..."
New posters that have the name of the website that they link to in every post they write tend to be people associated with the website and they are posting the links on more popular blogs/boards, etc in order to drive traffic to the website.

It may not be you, but if you do that, people will think you are just here to drive traffic to the website that matches your screen name.

Believe it or not I've seen jobs posted on Craig's list where people get paid to post things exactly like you did to drive traffic.

It may not be a direct sale, but increasing traffic to a website ups the revenue they get, and it doesn't have to be spewed all over everywhere to look like spam.

Personally, I'd rather hear what you have to say about reality TV rather than just have a bunch of links you like posted.

04-02-08, 02:18 PM (EST)
4. "RE: Old Idols never fade away..."
My fav reality show is actually Big Brother - just posted this on the BB page:

"RE: Who are you rooting for?"

1. Adam
2. James
3, Nat

Adam is goofy but I think he's funny as hell as has great stories. He also can fly under the radar, and I think will at least be in final 2.

James, I know a lot of you love to hate on him - but he's a damn good player

Nay, just to annoy the other houseguests!

But what is up with Sharon? She is delusional. Did you see her on Tuesday, crying her eyes out because she figured she was going to lose her Joshy. Meanwhile he was already busy throwing her under the bus. I hope her family is taping these shows to show her when she gets out what a backstabber he is!!!

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-02-08, 03:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "WARNING - fancastfan "
Please take a moment to read our community guidelines - there's a link at the top of the page. Posting the same message on multiple forums is a violation of our community guidelines. We also expect the show forums to be isolated to discussion of that show, so Big Brother discussion should remain on the Big Brother forums instead of the AI forums.

This is a discussion forum. Instead of hyping other sites and what they offer, we offer posters the opportunities to discuss the show here. When folks start posting and keep referring to content on other sites instead of encouraging discussion here, they are dismissed as spammers. And if they are dismissed as spammers by us moderators, or if they continue to violate our community guidelines, then their posting privileges are revoked.

04-02-08, 04:29 PM (EST)
6. "RE: WARNING - fancastfan "
Ok, Bebo. I understand about keeping the shows separate but I only put up my BB posting because someone had said they were more interested in my reality show views and I had gotten called a name for posting a link earlier, so I figured it was forbidden to post a link to the BB board. You guys really take reality show discussions very seriously!

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •