The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Top 9 - Dolly Parton Week - Rankings/Thoughts"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

geekboy 1788 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

04-01-08, 09:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail geekboy Click to send private message to geekboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Top 9 - Dolly Parton Week - Rankings/Thoughts"
LAST EDITED ON 04-02-08 AT 06:36 AM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 04-02-08 AT 06:33 AM (EST)

Wow, who would have thought. I thoroughly enjoyed tonight and it was nowhere near a trainwreck.

First things first, lets understand one thing, this week the boys TOTALLY outshined the girls. I'm having trouble ranking the top three. I'm going to take the liberty and make the top spot a 3-way tie.

1 - Jason Castro - I have him tied for the top for one simple reason. This is really the first week where I felt he let himself go and totally sank INTO the song. He wasn't watching the judges or the audience, he wasn't smirking, he was just INTO IT, and I loved that finally.
1 - David Cook - He did what he needed to do, and that was take a different kind of risk and choose a song that is NOT a rocking song and give it his own flair. He arranged it himself, and made it believable.
1 - Michael Johns - I LOVED the blues style. I don't know if i had ever heard the song before, but it suited him 100%
4 - David A - He did what he does every week, and there wasn't much difference, but he was better than the girls.
5 - Brooke - I thought she did Dolly's version of 'Jolene' justice, and for her, she doesn't need to switch things up. I liked the 3 musicians behind her.
6 - Carly - Not sure if I liked that song slowed down, but her voice was in fine form tonight.
7 - Kristy - I actually didn't hate it. Its quite obvious this is a country girl.
8 - Syesha - Diva-baby. Its bad when you know what song she is going to sing, and know it is the ONE Dolly song she SHOULD NOT SING.
9 - Ramielle - I'd like to see Syesha go, but i believe it will be you, although I was wrong last week.

geekboy

"I love puppies!" - S. Cowell

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Top 9 - Dolly Parton Week - Ran... Iconoclastic 04-01-08 1
 RE: Top 9 - Dolly Parton Week - Ran... theincrediblehugey 04-02-08 2
 RE: Top 9 - Dolly Parton Week - Ran... mrc 04-02-08 3
 RE: Top 9 - Dolly Parton Week - Ran... zombiebaby 04-02-08 4
 RE: Top 9 - Dolly Parton Week - Ran... Glow 04-02-08 5
   RE: Top 9 - Dolly Parton Week - Ran... geekboy 04-02-08 9
       RE: Top 9 - Dolly Parton Week - Ran... Glow 04-02-08 11
   RE: Top 9 - Dolly Parton Week - Ran... Snidget 04-02-08 10
       RE: Top 9 - Dolly Parton Week - Ran... Glow 04-02-08 12
 RE: Top 9 - Dolly Parton Week - Ran... anotherkim 04-02-08 6
 RE: Top 9 - Dolly Parton Week - Ran... Ahtumbreez 04-02-08 7
 RE: Top 9 - Dolly Parton Week - Ran... Reality_Tv_fan_90 04-02-08 8
 RE: Top 9 - Dolly Parton Week - Ran... CattyChat 04-02-08 13
   RE: Top 9 - Dolly Parton Week - Ran... Glow 04-02-08 14
 RE: Top 9 - Dolly Parton Week - Ran... Magnolia_Rocker 04-02-08 15
   RE: Top 9 - Dolly Parton Week - Ran... Glow 04-02-08 18
       RE: Top 9 - Dolly Parton Week - Ran... Magnolia_Rocker 04-02-08 21
           RE: Top 9 - Dolly Parton Week - Ran... zazzy 04-02-08 26
 RE: Top 9 - Dolly Parton Week - Ran... emydi 04-02-08 16
   RE: Top 9 - Dolly Parton Week - Ran... geekboy 04-02-08 22
 RE: Top 9 - Dolly Parton Week - Ran... KeithFan 04-02-08 17
   RE: Top 9 - Dolly Parton Week - Ran... Glow 04-02-08 19
       RE: Top 9 - Dolly Parton Week - Ran... KeithFan 04-02-08 20
 RE: Top 9 - Dolly Parton Week - Ran... Tahj 04-02-08 23
 RE: Top 9 - Dolly Parton Week - Ran... cjhope117 04-02-08 24
 RE: Top 9 - Dolly Parton Week - Ran... bullzeye 04-02-08 25
 RE: Top 9 - Dolly Parton Week - Ran... mia rules18 04-02-08 27
 RE: Top 9 - Dolly Parton Week - Ran... zazzy 04-02-08 28
 RE: Top 9 - Dolly Parton Week - Ran... iltarion 04-03-08 29

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Iconoclastic 151 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

04-01-08, 09:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Iconoclastic Click to send private message to Iconoclastic Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Top 9 - Dolly Parton Week - Rankings/Thoughts"
1)Michael Johns – Michael Johns blows away a Dolly Parton song......isn’t that the fourth sign of the apocalypse?

2)David Cook – Not his best but still awesome

3)Carly Smithson – Yet again upper tier but not top of the heap

4)Jason Castro – I really like this guy but I fear that he’s just not exciting enough

5)Brooke White – She’s good again but still just good

6)Darth Archie – To like this guy you would have to be going through a part of your life where your hormones were all messed up.....oh, right

7)Syesha Mercado – Designated diva......does Whitney.....hits big glory note at the end......how many synonyms for trite can I come up with?

8)Kristie Lee Cook – Maybe she should have wrapped herself in a flag

9)Ramiele Malubay – Please, if you have an ounce of compassion in you, you will mercifully let her go home

theincrediblehugey 141 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

04-02-08, 01:04 AM (EST)
Click to EMail theincrediblehugey Click to send private message to theincrediblehugey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Top 9 - Dolly Parton Week - Rankings/Thoughts"
My favorites:
David A. - his voice is pure and expressive, but he also showed the greatest growth. Bad habits are hard to break, and he seems to have licked his.

Jason - I like his singing voice, I liked this song, and I am enjoying the variety he brings to the table: Coffeehouse Folk, Romance, French, Spanish, and now Country Gospel.

Brooke - she is my favorite, and she sang well, but she couldn't sell me on "Jolene." It just doesn't fit her personality.

David C. - nice hair, great falsetto, showed more of his vocal and all-important arranging skills. The song itself lacked relevance, except as a David Cook vehicle to showcase his talent.

Growing on me:
Michael - showed more depth and artistry than we've seen before.
Carly - also showed more depth and artistry than usual.

Take it or leave it:
Syesha - that note was about 7 seconds too long.
Kristy - she was okay.
Ramiele - big voice, big expectations, just didn't happen.

mrc 10113 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-02-08, 07:05 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mrc Click to send private message to mrc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Top 9 - Dolly Parton Week - Rankings/Thoughts"
It was nice to be reminded that Dolly Parton can write the heck out of songs. I was also pleasantly surprised that tonight didn't suck hind teat. Don't ask me why the same couldn't have been done during the Beatles weeks.

1. Jason Castro--Excellent performance. I really liked his rendition.
2. David Cook--He showed me something tonight. Not everything has to be emo-rock for him. Nicely done.
3. Brooke--Consistently good. I love her.
4. David A--Good vocal, but, honestly, all of his songs sound alike. Except the ones that he forgets the lyrics to. Every song is earnest, even though he probably has no idea what the lyrics mean. He reminds me of the young black girl with the squeaky voice from a couple of seasons ago. Talented but needs maturing.
5. Carly--Definitely better than previous weeks. Her last note was off-pitch. She annoys me, but she didn't deserve Simon's comment about her fashion.
6. Kristy--Not a bad vocal, BUT, like David A., she has no emotional connection to the songs she sings.
7. Michael Johns--I didn't get this performance. Maybe I need girly parts.
8. Syesha--The beginning of the song was great. I thought she was actually going to pull it off w/o going Whitney. The she went Whitney. Great pipes, but one note doesn't make a song or a career.
9. Ramielle--Sad. Like David A., she needs maturing. Completely out of her league right now.

I'm a mAGMANimous ruler

zombiebaby 7356 desperate attention whore postings

04-02-08, 07:19 AM (EST)
Click to EMail zombiebaby Click to send private message to zombiebaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Top 9 - Dolly Parton Week - Rankings/Thoughts"
1. Micheal Johns- I LOVED this. One of my all time favorite performances. First time I really dug this cat.

2. Jason Castro- I don't know what the judges were talking about. Perfect song for him. One of my favorite songs too. I thought he did it great and showed the right emotion.

3. Brooke White- I just thought she did this really nicely. Amazing how her voice seemed to change to the song.

4. David Cook- This was meh for me but far better than those below.

5. Ramielle- I thought her voice was well suited to the song but like all others after her...boring.

6. Carly- Her best performance yet but it is not saying anything. She is just way too self indulgent and really does not have any sparkle or personality. Simon was completely right about her clothing. She neither dresses for the interview or for Casual Friday. She is constantly business casual. She really should not go much further. Plus I hate how she ends songs.

7. Syesha- Boring and she should be at the bottom if not for 2 more boring performances. She is pretty and has a decent voice.

8. Kristy- She should have killed it but she sang without emotion.

9. David Arch.- What a pile of crap.

Glow 14353 desperate attention whore postings

04-02-08, 07:31 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Glow Click to send private message to Glow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Top 9 - Dolly Parton Week - Rankings/Thoughts"
I love Dolly. She’s so gorgeous and sunny. But why do they always have “country night” if Simon is going to be a whiny b!tch about it? Man, he was all up on my nerves.

1. Michael “It’s All Wrong, But It’s Alright” – This was the performance of the season for me. I LOVED it. So bluesy. So sexy. Thank you, mmmmmMichael, for pulling this out for me. When I go back and buy some of these songs from iTunes, this will top my list. *dreamy sigh* I voted last night. He broke me.
2. Carly “Here You Come Again” – Her voice was beautiful and I thought she, well at least her face, looked great. I really liked the slowed down version.
3. Jason “Travelin’ Thru” – I just adore this kid. People tell me they don’t like him and I’m all “huh? Aww. I love him." That’s always my response. I don’t know what else to say. He needs to back away from the mic on the P’s.
4. Brooke “Jolene” – One of Dolly’s best and Brooke did it justice. Lots of people tell me they don’t like her too and I don’t know what to say to that either. I can’t make you. I? love her. She’s a sincere and bright artist. Artist.
5. David A. “Smoky Mountain Memories” – It was one of his better performances for me, I think. I’m just wishing somebody would tell him he’s 17. Maybe that’s why they kept telling us last year that Jordin was only 17… to remind her. They need to tell him every once in a while. Lighten up, baby. You are adorable and quite a nice singer.
6. David Cook “Little Sparrow” – That haircut does wonders for him. He looks 100 times better. Shut.up.Doxology. Whoever the heck you are. I hope they can quit talking about it now.
7. Kristy “Coat of Many Colors” – This was her best performance. I hate not putting her at the bottom.
8. Syesha “I Will Always Love You” – So freakin predictable. That being said, the first half was really pretty. She should have stayed with the Dolly version but the screeching diva in her couldn’t resist going for the Whitney.
9. Ramiele “Do I Ever Cross Your Mind” – oh boy. I forget why I thought she was going to be a front runner.

I read somewhere that Phil and Bucky will be on tonight. Is that true? Please confirm. *holds breath*

another JSlice masterpiece

04-02-08, 07:38 AM (EST)
Click to EMail geekboy Click to send private message to geekboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Top 9 - Dolly Parton Week - Rankings/Thoughts"
Hey Glow -

there will be a 'video montage' of past Idols that have made Nashville home. This will include Phil, Bucky and Bo.

geekboy

04-02-08, 07:42 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Glow Click to send private message to Glow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Top 9 - Dolly Parton Week - Rankings/Thoughts"
Thank you! *exhales*

Bucky AND Bo? *swoooooooon* And this after Michael's performance last night? I'm not sure how much more my fangirlyness can take.

Snidget 44369 desperate attention whore postings

04-02-08, 07:41 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Top 9 - Dolly Parton Week - Rankings/Thoughts"
Well it seems to be making the news rounds as true

http://www.wcnc.com/news/topstories/stories/wcnc-033108-krg-bucky.1b809f4c.html

04-02-08, 07:44 AM (EST)
12. "RE: Top 9 - Dolly Parton Week - Rankings/Thoughts"
Thanks for the link, Snidgy. He's soooooooo cute. *squeee*

anotherkim 14420 desperate attention whore postings

04-02-08, 07:34 AM (EST)
Click to EMail anotherkim Click to send private message to anotherkim Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Top 9 - Dolly Parton Week - Rankings/Thoughts"
LAST EDITED ON 04-02-08 AT 07:35 AM (EST)

1. Michael--I am pizzed that I have to wait until tomorrow to buy it on iTunes. LOVED that. Could be on the radio today. Should be, for that matter.

2. David C--I didn't know the song, but as Simon said, if you can sell a song about a sparrow, you're good. And he was. Still adore Billie Jean from last week. Let me also say that it's ridiculous that he is criticized for using non-original arrangements and no one else is. That's b.s.

3. Brooke--Not a bad Jolene. I think the fact that she was smiling made it weird for me. Just listening, though, it wasn't bad at all.

4. Kristy Lee--Yeah, I know. Shoot me. She's a good country singer, though.

5. Jason--his dreads, like Brooke's smiling really kill the performance for me. There is such a disconnect between the hair and the face and the voice that it jars me. I also didn't think he wowed with that song at all. Just pleasantly performed it. Unlike Brooke, he didn't really hold up for me with audio only.

6. Carly-I admit to being anti-Carly, but I'm trying to be objective here. I hated, hated, HATED that arrangement. She could have done a lot more with it more uptempo. Her stage presence is slipping and Simon was DEAD ON--her clothes are atrocious and she looks like hell. She can be attractive, but not with limp hair falling in her waaaay too made up eyes and that damn tatoo just glaring out at the world. Ditto her on not holding up with audio only.

7. David A.--meh. I think he's more Broadway bound than Billboard. And he keeps picking the same style song over and over and over...his album would be suitable for napping.

8. Syeshia--You choose one of the most iconic songs in pop history, you better kill. Instead, she was killed by trying to take on the legend of Whitney and Dolly...she ain't even close to either. Give me Vince Gill's version any day of the week over hers.

9. Ramiele--she should be a goner. Seriously in over her head at this point and could be really embarassing for her if she's kept in.

Kimmah Says
--off to listen to Michael on youtube again.

Ahtumbreez 10456 desperate attention whore postings

04-02-08, 07:34 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Ahtumbreez Click to send private message to Ahtumbreez Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Top 9 - Dolly Parton Week - Rankings/Thoughts"

1. Jason - This was the only song of the night that had me dancing in my chair. Simon was way off on this. I would love to see Jason do some Train or Rob Thomas.

2. Michael Johns - For the first time I saw what everyone else has been going on about. He was yummy.

3. David Cook - loved that he showed he could actually make a song his own

4. Brooke - she could have slowed it down a touch and kept the smiles at bay, but I like her voice

5. Carly - it was okay

6. David A - I just don't understand the appeal

7. Kristy Lee - out of touch with the song and her remark about she'd "rather impress Dolly than her mom" (paraphrasing badly) pissed me off

8. Ramiele - I thought this was horrid

9. Syesha - I'm so totally over Divas doing Whitney, especially when they're not up to par. The Divas from last season would have wiped the floor with her.

Jason wants to be my Everything

Reality_Tv_fan_90 75 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

04-02-08, 07:36 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Reality_Tv_fan_90 Click to send private message to Reality_Tv_fan_90 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Top 9 - Dolly Parton Week - Rankings/Thoughts"
1) David Archuleta - Amazing performance as usual.
2) Carly Smithson - VERY good, but for some reason I have a feeling she may be bottom 3 this week. I hope not though.
3) David Cook - I'm not a big fan but that was damn good.
4) Michael Johns - same commentary as David Cook.
5) Jason Castro - same commentary as David Cook and Michael Johns.
6) Brooke White - not her best, but definatley good enough to get her through to the next round.
7) Kristy Lee Cook - I hate ranking her anything but last, but she wasn't worst last night.
8) Syehsa Mercado - Good her for, but not good enough to keep up with the rest.
9) Ramiele Malubay - Personally I do not think she is the worst (Kristy is) but she will be sent home.

CattyChat 3379 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

04-02-08, 08:02 AM (EST)
Click to EMail CattyChat Click to send private message to CattyChat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Top 9 - Dolly Parton Week - Rankings/Thoughts"
LAST EDITED ON 04-02-08 AT 08:11 AM (EST)

I really enjoyed Dolly. It was a great reminder of what a talented song writer she is. I listened to her when I was a really really young girl -- I had a couple of her 8-tracks and vinyl albums. I'm really not that old. Really!

Dolly always had a great sense of humor and while I have not been a "country fan" since I was around 5-10 years old, I've always thought she had a very pretty voice. My grandfather LOVED her (though probably more for her *ahem* assets than her singing) and my grandmother loathes her. Great memories of my grandparents bickering over Dolly.

The Fairest of Them All

1. Michael - "It's All Wrong, But it's All Right" -- You better believe it's all right! Finally, my Aussie is hitting his stride. 2 Great performances in a row. I'm impressed with his stuff before Idol. He is really talented and needs to stay in long enough to get a legitimate record deal and blow up.

2. Carly - "Here You Come Again" -- Fantastic. Carly has amazing vocal ability. I really want her to do well. I may agree that Carly's AI fashion has been pretty sad, but that was just cruel. With her voice, she could wear a potato sack. I don't care.

3. David A - "Smokey Mountain Memories" -- He has a beautiful voice and he chose the perfect song. What a cute & talented kid. Good for him.

4. Jason - "Travelin Thru" -- Glad to see him back. I really enjoyed this performance.

5. Brooke - "Jolene" -- I thought it was a really good performance. Maybe a little too smiley, but I don't care. I love her style.

The Bargain Store

6. Ramielle - "Do I Ever Cross Your Mind" -- She is such a sweet and super talented vocalist. However, she is just not ready for this yet. Good effort. Give Ramielle & Danny a little show of their own. That would be really cute. They can sing & do silly things to make us all laugh.

7. David C. - "Little Sparrow" -- His haircut makes him a little less annoying. I don't know, but something about him I just don't like.

The Backwoods Barbie

8. Kristy - "Coat of Many Colors" -- Kristy is a decent country singer, she just doesn't have the super personality (like a Pickler) or the super talent (like an Underwood) to be memorable. She didn't connect or understand the song at all.

The Great Pretender

9. Syesha - "I Will Always Annoy Love You -- I just don't like her. She had to know the danger of attempting a Whitney, yet I think her ego compels her to do what she wants. You're not that good. I think I would like Syesha as a bitchy & conceited ANTM contestant. She picked the wrong show.

So many Idol Faves, so little time.

04-02-08, 08:44 AM (EST)
14. "RE: Top 9 - Dolly Parton Week - Rankings/Thoughts"
I would so watch a Danny and Ramielle show!

"Kristy is a decent country singer, she just doesn't have the super personality (like a Pickler) or the super talent (like an Underwood) to be memorable."

Spot on.

"I think I would like Syesha as a bitchy & conceited ANTM contestant. She picked the wrong show."

That would suit me just fine since I rarely catch an episode of ANTM.

Magnolia_Rocker 2139 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

04-02-08, 08:49 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Magnolia_Rocker Click to send private message to Magnolia_Rocker Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Top 9 - Dolly Parton Week - Rankings/Thoughts"
I just love Dolly, she's so dang cute!! I too agree that last night was miles above what I thought it was going to be.

1) David Cook - Once again my boy ranks first. He just gave the middle finger to all the people saying he can only do remakes of remakes. Bravo my dear bravo. Loved the higher ranges he hit tonight. He did this well while sick as a dog too. Rumors say he was taken to the hopital immediately after the show due to high blood pressure issues.

2) Jason Castro - I think he did much better than the judges gave him credit for. He really seemed to be enjoying himself out there and it is so refreshing to see him every week.

3) Michael Johns - This is the first time I have ranked this dude this high. I dug his blusey rendition and thought he did a great job. I still think most of the hype over this guy is based on his looks. Whatev...

4) Carly - I didn't care for the song but she did sing it well. Girl has some serious pipes.

5) Brooke - She does her thing well. She's all flower child/folksy/lilith fairesque and I hope she says screw you judges I'm sticking to my style. Some people just do not need to change it up.

6) David A. - Eh. I guess he did well from what I could hear over my yawns.

7) Kristy - yep. She's a country singer but I still don't like her.

8) Ramielle - Glad she loosened up and didn't sing a ballad. Too bad she couldn't sing the song in tune.

9) Syesha - Girlfriend should have known better than to sing that song. Ick. You get a big fat "F" for song choice.

My future Rockers! Twins Blog

04-02-08, 10:00 AM (EST)
18. "RE: Top 9 - Dolly Parton Week - Rankings/Thoughts"
I wouldn't mind putting the Michael Johns videos on my ryPod but I'm good with just the music (I don't have any videos on there... hmmm). Michael is just as hot if you close your eyes, lay back, smoke a cigarette and listen.

Magnolia_Rocker 2139 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

04-02-08, 10:13 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Magnolia_Rocker Click to send private message to Magnolia_Rocker Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Top 9 - Dolly Parton Week - Rankings/Thoughts"
Eh, I guess I'm just not a fan.

My future Rockers! Twins Blog

zazzy 4390 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

04-02-08, 12:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail zazzy Click to send private message to zazzy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: Top 9 - Dolly Parton Week - Rankings/Thoughts"
LAST EDITED ON 04-03-08 AT 07:18 AM (EST)

Magnolia...have you sampled his work from before Idol? There is much more to come...and I totally agree with Glow. It is not about his looks for me (but that doesn't hurt ;) ). It's his voice. More and more of his earlier work is surfacing. He has a lot of versatility.

If you liked Daughtry...you would like "Cradle" or "Redemption" or other earlier works.

Cradle: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WquoHxNMo0Y

Redemption:--the vid is poor quality...but you can hear part of it on itunes or Amazon.

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings

04-02-08, 09:10 AM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Top 9 - Dolly Parton Week - Rankings/Thoughts"
LAST EDITED ON 04-02-08 AT 09:22 AM (EST)

1. Michael-Ok glowie he was pretty good last nite...he should sing bluesy more often...ending was a bit off but def his best perf...but plz dood...no more scarves!

2. Jason--I loved this..great song choice from him, more upbeat...Simon must want him gone bc his critique was way off here.

3. David A-he sang this pretty well and didn't gasp or lick his lips as often so he's this far up. Jesus loves Archie.

4. David C-he doesn't arrange as well as he "borrows" arrangements...maybe it was the song but I didn't really care for this much...nice haircut...its shows more of hte fivehead. NOTE VFTW says he was in hospital last nite...w/ heart palpitations

Get better David your one of only a few of my hopes for this show!

5. Brooke-ok song by her but again why is she smiling like a goof when someone (Jolene or Lurlene from the Simpsons) is stealing her man...Marge would grimace and groan

6. Kristy-for her it was good but not that good. Not a good choice of song

7. Syesha--ok why did she do it...if she had just stayed with Dolly's simple version and not whitnified it...she could be in real trouble tonite

8. Ramiele--she is so boring not great meh

9. Carly-i'm sorry but she sux...I hate that song and she sang it too big....Simon is right she does dress poorly and although she didn't make as many bad faces her smile is really scary...plz get her off the stage before Idol gives back

Thanks to agman for the great siggie!

04-02-08, 11:03 AM (EST)
22. "RE: Top 9 - Dolly Parton Week - Rankings/Thoughts"

1. Michael-Ok glowie he was pretty good last nite...he should sing bluesy more often...ending was a bit off but def his best perf...but plz dood...no more scarves!

He came on, i turned to my wife, and said "Holy carp, is he wearing an ascot like Fred in Scooby-Doo!?!?"

geekboy

KeithFan 7422 desperate attention whore postings

04-02-08, 09:35 AM (EST)
Click to EMail KeithFan Click to send private message to KeithFan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Top 9 - Dolly Parton Week - Rankings/Thoughts"
LAST EDITED ON 04-02-08 AT 10:13 AM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 04-02-08 AT 09:37 AM (EST)

1. Michael Johns. I wouldn't say, like many, that this was an awesome, unforgettable performance, but it was the best of the evening, and it showcased your talent very well.

2.Jason Castro. Much better than the last few weeks.

2aDavid Cook . Talent comes through, again. I hope for the sake of his blood pressure issue he doesn't unexpectedly fall into the bottom three.

3.Carly Nice pipes, horrible image. Baby, you got the looks made for radio. Please, just once would you cover the ink. I'm all for personal expression, but for some of us it sticks out more than if she had a giant green booger hanging out of her nose.

Gap

4.Kristy. She did a good job with Dolly, and she had to. I'll predict bottom three (again) but she won't go home. For her sake, hopefully next week they will change it up a bit and do bluegrass.

5.Davey "The Big Breather Archuletta" If Paula could pull her head out of Davey's rear end she could hear his breathing problem. He can hold up for a song, maybe two; but if he were to give a concert? Paramedics would be near by.

6.Brooke "Snow" White. I like her, a lot. I hope she wins it all, but this was only so-so for me.

Gap II

7.Syesha. Why did I just know that when I hear that this was Dolly week that you would take on this song? You're not Dolly, you're not Whitney. If you could buy "Generic Diva" from Sam's Club, your picture would be on the box.

8.Ramy. I would have actually like to hear your attempt at Syesha's song. Not that you would have done better, but it couldn't have been worse than what you did do, and it would have been fun watching you go out with a bang. I do like watching the spark plug in you come out. Bye-bye.

04-02-08, 10:02 AM (EST)
19. "RE: Top 9 - Dolly Parton Week - Rankings/Thoughts"
You forgot David Cook.

David A's album is going to have to have a lot of instrumental solos.

KeithFan 7422 desperate attention whore postings

04-02-08, 10:10 AM (EST)
Click to EMail KeithFan Click to send private message to KeithFan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Top 9 - Dolly Parton Week - Rankings/Thoughts"
You're right! I'll go fix that now.

Tahj 4136 desperate attention whore postings

04-02-08, 11:27 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Tahj Click to send private message to Tahj Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: Top 9 - Dolly Parton Week - Rankings/Thoughts"
1. Michael Johns - Smokin' hot. He can sing the blues and he's a rocker.

2. David Cook - Amazing voice, really. I thought he did an incredible job with that song. Made it all his own.

3. Carly Smithson - Everyone is so hard on her. Bottom line, she is such a talented vocalist and I think she sings the hell out of her songs. Every.week.

4. David Archuleta - This kid has such heart. I love his voice and I don't care that he sings similar songs every week. He's playing to his strengths. That's what he needs to do. And remember people, he's only SIXTEEN! He has a lot of growing to do. Imagine what he'll be like in ten years.

5. Jason Castro - I still do not get why everyone thinks he's so great. He's a DORK with DREADS. If you want to talk about someone who picks similar songs and sounds the same every.damn.week. It's him.

6. Syesha Mercado - Too predictable. Bad choice for her.

7. Kristy Lee Cook - Not bad overall. Really, not bad.

8. Brook White - Let's be real. Piss poor job on this. Mediocre.

9. Ramielle - Uh, no. Like Simon said--forgettable, every week.

It's a Tribe!

cjhope117 584 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

04-02-08, 11:35 AM (EST)
Click to EMail cjhope117 Click to send private message to cjhope117 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: Top 9 - Dolly Parton Week - Rankings/Thoughts"
I am going to keep this short and to the point.

1. Michael--That rocked!

2. David C.--Another great week

3. Carly--Love her voice, great job!

4. David A.--I don't like him but that was really good.

5. Jason--good job and he is still so cute!

6. Brooke--okay but not great

7. Syesha--Whitneyish, really, bad idea.

8. Ramiele--Eh, kinda boring, still

9. Kristy--should have been great but was pretty ick!

bullzeye 5030 desperate attention whore postings

04-02-08, 12:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bullzeye Click to send private message to bullzeye Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: Top 9 - Dolly Parton Week - Rankings/Thoughts"
Well, that was a pleasant surprise! I was expecting a disaster and ended up enjoying most of the performance. And can I just say that I officially love Dolly Parton?

1. David Cook “Little Sparrow” – I just love everything this dude performs! He almost gets the default in this spot for me.

2. Michael “It’s All Wrong, But It’s Alright” – I just loved how he got emotional talking about singing for Dolly. Two weeks in a row he rocked it, a trend I hope.

3. Carly “Here You Come Again” – Man, the judges sure seem to have it in for her, and yet I think she is the standout amoung the females. I loved her performance last night.

4. David A. “Smoky Mountain Memories” – I am on record as saying this kid just bugs me, but must give credit where it is due. He has a great voice.

5. Brooke “Jolene” – Don't like Brooke that much either but thought it was a good performance and an excellent song choice.

6. Jason “Travelin’ Thru” – starting to bore me, even when he tries to break out of his mould.

7. Kristy “Coat of Many Colors” – Dolly suits her. Nuff said.

8. Syesha “I Will Always Love You” – I thought this started out great. Who would have thunk she would have pulled the Whitney half way through? O.k. Hands down everyone.

9. Ramiele “Do I Ever Cross Your Mind” - last night showed just how far she is out of her league at this time. Shame, I think she has a great set of pipes.

An Agman!

mia rules18 409 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

04-02-08, 01:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mia%20rules18 Click to send private message to mia%20rules18 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "RE: Top 9 - Dolly Parton Week - Rankings/Thoughts"
Well I am glad that I wasn't the only one that was pleasantly surprised at how last night went. I dread country night every year, but come one, who doesn't love Dolly? Last night was fun!!
Mainly because of:

1. Michael Johns - Awww, first concert was a Dolly concert?
They're giving him the pimp spot? An ascot?! I was captivated!! Loved it!

2. David Cook - Ashamed to admit that I liked Robby (the "faux" rocker) better than him in the top 24. (hangs head) Now I am totally on the DC bandwagon. Giddy up!

3. David Archuleta - When he does it right, he does it right...I just love his voice...he makes me smile

4. Carly Smithson - Love that song...liked the arrangement, and man, she nailed that note at the end!

5. Brook White - I liked it, didn't love it, but I still love her.

NOT AS MUCH...

6. Jason Castro - I think he was sincere in the song, it was just a little boring for me...maybe it was just the song I liked...

7. Kristy Lee Cook - This is her genre, she did well, just not my favorite performance...

8. Syesha -I really liked parts of it, but it was a little confusing with the mix of Dolly and Whitney version...

9. Ramielle - It was cute, but yeah, forgettable. Time's up.

zazzy 4390 desperate attention whore postings

04-02-08, 07:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail zazzy Click to send private message to zazzy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "RE: Top 9 - Dolly Parton Week - Rankings/Thoughts"
Top of the group -- Michael, in a whole other league last night..and I have already rewatched it many times. Soulful, bluesy, stripped down... there is more to come. I've seen a more of his pre-idol work and it gets even better!

Could watch again--Carly, loved that she didn't blow it out. Hope that she does get some stylist help because she is a pretty girl but still too dark in her presentation.

Could watch again--Jason, a quiet number is his style. So what that he doesn't blow like a diva or a rocker?

Enjoyed it but don’t need to watch again:

--David C, not his best, but a good effort for Dolly week

--David A, yes, he can sing, but its just not what I would tune into on the radio or ever buy

--Syesha, the beginning, not bad; but the ending, you broke a cardinal AI rule. Thou shalt not let thyself get compared to Whitney.

--Kristy, ok, country is your thing, the show is helping you get to top 6 or 7 or whatever, but you are just not in the same league as some others on the show. I think your peak has passed, such as it was. And please DO NOT SING Amazing Grace next week. You need to have a bigger repitiore than that!

Was not a fan--Brooke, she totally missed the meaning of the song. Again. Brooke...you need some coaching about connecting to the song. Remember Let It Be? Jolene would have wowed if you had treated it the same way. This was one of Dolly's most recognizable songs and it is about a B*itch trying to take your man! We needed your angst in that one!

Just wrong--Ramiele, you, like Kristy are not in the same league as the others. There is something lacking...is it also the connection issue that Brooke has? I feel like you are just singing but not performing.

iltarion 1791 desperate attention whore postings

04-03-08, 03:24 AM (EST)
Click to EMail iltarion Click to send private message to iltarion Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "RE: Top 9 - Dolly Parton Week - Rankings/Thoughts"
LAST EDITED ON 04-03-08 AT 03:26 AM (EST)

Did I really just see a guy rock out on a ukelele? Impossible.

1. Michael Johns - As I said before, bluesy rock is his thing. Even though I think he just repeated the same two lines over and over again for 1.5 minutes, it was amazing. He has restored his frontrunner status.
2. Kristy - Yes, country is her thing. If this were a pure country week, then she was the only contestant who sounded like they belonged. She deserved to stay (and did).
3. David C - Did something different, which I give him credit for. Showcased his voice more, and it worked. Another good performance as he is the Melinda of this season.
4. Syesha - For doing a nearly impossible song, whether singing the Dolly part or the Whitney part, that wasn't half bad. Good enough for 4th this week and deservedly out of the bottom 3 for this pretty lady.
5. David A - I was bored stiff, barely even listened to it, but the vocals that I heard were pretty good.
6. Carly S- Great vocals, as usual, and I actually dug Carly for the first time as she showed some emotion after Simon ripped her look. That is the kind of realness that we want to see. She is down this far because that arrangement does not work with that song. That is an upbeat song that should have been left up tempo.
7. Brooke- Very disappointing because this was the perfect song: an attractive but insecure woman singing about losing her man to another. She did not connect with the song at all, which is normally her strength. She is always a pro though.
8. Jason Castro - Jason is talented, but this guy really needs to be singing his own material. When he covers songs, he makes them all sound the same. I liked that he went a little up tempo and at least tried to show us something different. Didn't quite get there for me though. He can't win this.
9. Ramielle - Oh, my girl, my girl... My little filipino cutie... It is sad to see you go, but how far you've fallen from the Top 24 to now. You were once among the favorites, but as the weeks went by, the immaturity and lack of polish glared greater and greater. This week, it was painfully obvious. Love her, but she was the right boot.

>

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •