The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"EW interview with Gaybe (possible spoiler)"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

shakes the clown 3366 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

04-01-02, 08:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail shakes%20the%20clown Click to send private message to shakes%20the%20clown Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"EW interview with Gaybe (possible spoiler)"
Here is the EW interview, followed by teh link. I only found one comment of interest and it is highlighted in bold..

Are You Experienced?
Castoff Gabriel talks about NOT acting. All he wanted to do was have fun -- and he got his wish (if not the million bucks) by Jessica Shaw

ACTING COY Cade says he's not interested in an acting career

About a second after the angelic 23-year old Gabriel Cade admitted he wasn't on Marquesas to win the million bucks, you knew his time was limited. And sure enough, the one guy in it for ''the experience'' got ousted. EW.com caught up with the eternally positive former bartender after he got the boot to see if the experience embittered him. Yeah, right.

So did you know you were outta there?
I absolutely knew that day. After my conversation with Rob it seemed very obvious to me that I had to form an alliance with Sean, Rob, and Vee, or all seven of them would vote me off.

So why didn't you?
Because I found that in my life I tell myself that the journey is the destination. The journey takes me on a road that's full of much more joy, happiness, and relaxation. It wasn't about lasting longer.

Did you let Mark Burnett in on the fact that you weren't going to play the game?
You know what? I actually did. There was a part we had to write down our strategy on the application and I wrote that my strategy was to go and have as much fun as possible.

Do you think John messed up by voting you off?
No, that's what I would have done also if I was John. The game started. I wouldn't have hurt John but I certainly wasn't helping him by being around. It was also his last chance. There would have come a time after the merge when I would have been a threat to him.

And after you got kicked off, what did you do?
I ate for about four days straight. I gained 20 pounds in a week and a half. I had stretch marks on the outside of my stomach. Actually, life only got better after I got kicked off.

Are you happy with how you were portrayed?
It's sort of like I might as well be. I went out there and fulfilled my personal objectives. I'm happy, sure. Well, I seem a little bossy. I didn't pick up on it out there but my sister busted me.

You brought your teddy bear. How is it that you weren't mocked from minute one out there?
It's funny. No one ever said anything about it. But it smelled so bad after we jumped into the ocean I almost threw it into the fire.

You're in Hollywood, being a bartender. I take it you're a struggling actor.
I'm not bartending anymore. Actually, I ran a nationwide college newspaper and we opened an L.A. office so I found myself here. Most of my adventures in life were living in the mountains somewhere so this is interesting. I looked at acting and sort of pursued it but it's not what I'm expecting to come out of this whole thing.

So what will you do?
I'm going to pursue adventure racing like a multi-day, multi-race across New Zealand.

Any endorsement opportunities coming your way?
Not yet, but I've never turned down an opportunity in my life. So we'll see what comes my way.

ARTICLE LINK: http://www.ew.com/ew/report/0,6115,221066~3~0~castoffgabrieltalksabout,00.html
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

....So, Gaybe says that he would've been a threat to John after the merge and that this was John's LAST CHANCE to get rid of him. Can we take that to mean that Rotu wins the rest of the pre-merge IC's? Obviously, this is not conclusive since it deals with semantics, but its still worth noting. Plus, we don't know for sure yet when the merge is coming.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: EW interview with Gaybe (possib... true 04-01-02 1
 RE: EW interview with Gaybe (possib... munson 04-01-02 2
 RE: EW interview with Gaybe (possib... cowboyroo 04-01-02 3
 RE: EW interview with Gaybe (possib... Loree 04-02-02 4
 RE: EW interview with Gaybe (possib... Java 04-02-02 5
 RE: EW interview with Gaybe (possib... dabo 04-03-02 6

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

true 9689 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-01-02, 09:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail true Click to send private message to true Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: EW interview with Gaybe (possible spoiler)"
Does this mean that John safely makes it to the merge and beyond? Could Gabe be thinking that he would have been a threat to win individual IC's, making it harder to vote him off post merge?

true

True friends stab you in the front -Oscar Wilde

munson 1314 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

04-01-02, 09:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail munson Click to send private message to munson Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: EW interview with Gaybe (possible spoiler)"
I'm thinking that once the tribes are merged, the old Rotus - Paschal, Neleh and Kathy - would have been less agreeable to voting for Gabe. This would have been the only time John had the opportunity and the votes to take out Gabe without a Rotu showdown.

cowboyroo 590 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

04-01-02, 10:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cowboyroo Click to send private message to cowboyroo Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: EW interview with Gaybe (possible spoiler)"
Good catch Shakes. I think this tells us that John does make it past the merge and probably at least a good deal past the merge...

I don't know if it says anything about whether Maraamu goes to TC...It almost made me think that the merge comes early, and that Gabe may have been on an alliance with N,P,K and Z originally.

I think it is MOST likely that you are right Shakes, but just wanted to present another, ever so less likely, scenario...

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

04-02-02, 11:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: EW interview with Gaybe (possible spoiler)"
The way Gabe phrases this it does sound like it is the only time Rotu went to TC before the merge. Because if they went again then John would have had another chance to boot Gabe.

Gabe must have assumed he would have been a threat to win individual IC and John may not have been able to boot him as easily. Plus Pappy and Neleh and Kathy may not have agreed to vote off Gabe. I keep wondering if Zoe couldn't join up with Pappy, Neleh and Kathy to take down John. If only MB would let us hear Zoe talk. We don't know where her loyalties will lie later in the game after the merge. Will she vote off her old teammates who are now on Maraamu?

Java 519 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

04-02-02, 01:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Java Click to send private message to Java Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: EW interview with Gaybe (possible spoiler)"
LAST EDITED ON 04-02-02 AT 01:32 PM (EST)

Devils Advocate: If Gabe HAD teamed up with R/S/V and they had WON the tiebreaker, there would be two outcomes. Either they would have booted John off in the tiebreaker, or they would boot him later as part of the smaller alliance. Either way, John would never get another chance to boot Gabe.

That being said, it's too many IF's to be logical. But then, Gabe is definitely not logical.

Dang, I had just been convinced (after reading Kokoro's thresd) that Rotu was going to the next TC. Now this, coupled with the "Paschal's Shirt Changes Color at TC" spoiler, makes me think that Moo is going.

J A V A
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons,
for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings

04-03-02, 11:32 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: EW interview with Gaybe (possible spoiler)"
Bumping this up because it is more interesting than Paschal's shirt as an indicator of another Maraamu TC. Why Gabe says he would have been a threat to John after the merge, I have no idea, unless he actually was in the game but wanted to form an alliance with Paschal and Neleh rather than the choices available to him in New Rotu. If he wasn't in the game at all, as he said, then John's alliance should have had no trouble voting him off as long as one of the Original Maraamu (or Kathy perhaps) was still on the island. But that may be reading too much strategic thinking on Gabe's part, possibly he was thinking he could pull off a string of individual immunities to get to the final two.

Cap'n Zoe Just YoHoHoee!

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •