The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"zap2it description of "the Underdogs""
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

sweetpea 223 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

04-01-02, 08:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sweetpea Click to send private message to sweetpea Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"zap2it description of "the Underdogs""
Rob Refuses to Accept Defeat on "SURVIVOR: MARQUESAS" (4/4/02)
Mon, Apr 1, 2002 05:02 PM PDT

Rob Refuses to Accept Defeat on "SURVIVOR: MARQUESAS

"The Underdogs" -- Certain members of the old Maraamu tribe set their sights on reorganizing the loyalties of the original Rotu tribe, on SURVIVOR: MARQUESAS, Thursday, April 4 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

Despite the disadvantage the three old Maraamu members (Rob, Sean and Vecepia) have at the new Rotu, Rob vows to take control of the situation and sets his sights on booting Rotu's self-proclaimed leader.

Meanwhile, as the new Maraamu continue to bond, Gina hopes old tribe loyalties are beginning to dissolve after the old Rotu members (Kathy, Neleh and Paschal) are shocked to see that their former tribe voted out Gabriel at the last tribal council.

And the sixth person is evicted

http://tv.zap2it.com/news/networkupdate.html?24956

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: zap2it description of "the Unde... KLicK 04-01-02 1
 Who are the underdogs? Now we know AyaK 04-01-02 2
   RE: Who are the underdogs? Now we ... Krautboy 04-01-02 3
       RE: Who are the underdogs? Now we ... Loree 04-02-02 4
           RE: Who are the underdogs? Now we ... SurvivorBlows 04-02-02 11
               RE: Who are the underdogs? Now we ... true 04-02-02 12
 Who's Throwing the Challenge? Krautboy 04-02-02 5
   RE: Who's Throwing the Challenge? red 04-02-02 6
       RE: Who's Throwing the Challenge? Seyz 04-02-02 7
           THEY DO THIS EVERYTIME... MikeD 04-02-02 8
               RE: THEY DO THIS EVERYTIME... dabo 04-02-02 10
 RE: zap2it description of "the Unde... true 04-02-02 9
   RE: zap2it description of "the Unde... Krautboy 04-02-02 13

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

KLicK 316 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

04-01-02, 08:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail KLicK Click to send private message to KLicK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: zap2it description of "the Underdogs""
Looks like someone (a producer?) is throwing Gina's name into "previews" to prepare the casual watcher for her boot. I'm guessing they'll be a promo along the Gina wonders "Will old bonds break"-theme soon.

Too bad. I really want Rob (or even John) to go...

AyaK 10426 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-01-02, 09:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AyaK Click to send private message to AyaK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "Who are the underdogs? Now we know"
This synopsis makes it clear that the "underdogs" referred to in the title are the members of Old Maraamu. So ... the title doesn't refer to New Maraamu at all, closing that line of speculation.

We've talked before about MB's occasional "throw-the-boot-in-your-face" editing when the boot is really obvious (ex: Linda and Lindsey in S3). Well, here's an example. We feel pretty confident that the next two to leave are Gina and Rob ... and the focal points of this synopsis are Rob and Gina.

Krautboy 2750 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

04-01-02, 11:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Krautboy Click to send private message to Krautboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Who are the underdogs? Now we know"
Everyone loves to see the underdog pull it out in the last second, it's the american way. Rob, Sean and Vee, the underdogs, are up against the ropes in EP6 but pull it out in the last second (before the merge), when they win the IC, and overcome John trying to throw the challenge. The underdogs make it to the merge and Gina gets to spend time with Hunter and Gabe.

Krautboy

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

04-02-02, 12:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Who are the underdogs? Now we know"
Sounds good to me. I think they are giving Gina hope that she won't be the first voted out by the other 3 if they go to TC. She is hoping to play on the fact that their old tribe won't be waiting for their return. If they could boot Gabe, they could boot anyone. It is Gina's only chance to survive a TC. But can she break up their unit? Would she realize that Kathy is the one to try and boot? Gina would have to do some snooping and find out who is her best bet. But I don't think it will work. I think Gina goes.

SurvivorBlows 15230 desperate attention whore postings

04-02-02, 04:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorBlows Click to send private message to SurvivorBlows Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Who are the underdogs? Now we know"
>It is Gina's only chance to survive a TC. But can
>she break up their unit? Would she realize that
>Kathy is the one to try and boot? Gina
>would have to do some snooping and find out who
>is her best bet.

I think it took Gina about 10 minutes into her new tribe to figure Kathy out -- in fact I believe they had a clip in Ep4 of her saying that she'd realized that Pappy and Sweetpea didn't care that much for Loudmouth and that was convincing them to boot Kathy might be her only hope of staying (she didn't seem to entertain for a second the idea that she herself could align with Kathy and boot Sweetpea or Pappy.)

What I thought was interesting from Ep5 was Burnett's inclusion of a shot of Pappy hugging Gina after they won the Ep5 RC -- it was exactly the same type of hug they repeatedly showed him giving Sweetpea. As soon as I saw it my thought was that this was part of Burnett's subtle misdirection editing to make folks think that Gina MIGHT NOT be booted if they go to another TC. ...of course I guess the opposite might be true -- if she DIDN'T get booted then you'd think he'd want to include the clip as a possible hint to how close they were becoming

-SB

true 9689 desperate attention whore postings

04-02-02, 05:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail true Click to send private message to true Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Who are the underdogs? Now we know"
>What I thought was interesting from
>Ep5 was Burnett's inclusion of
>a shot of Pappy hugging
>Gina after they won the
>Ep5 RC --
>it was exactly the same
>type of hug they
>repeatedly showed him giving Sweetpea.
> As soon as I
>saw it my thought was
>that this was part of
>Burnett's subtle misdirection editing to
>make folks think that Gina
>MIGHT NOT be booted if
>they go to another TC.
> ...of course I guess
>the opposite might be true
>-- if she DIDN'T get
>booted then you'd think he'd
>want to include the clip
>as a possible hint
>to how close they were
>becoming
>
>-SB

I thought the same things.

Take a look at this shot,(from this weeks preview) it also show's Paschals interest in Gina.

It looks to me like upon seeing that Gabe is gone from Rotu, Gina is disgusted that Rob/Sean are still there, and Paschal is comforting her. His hand on her shoulder, his look of compassion. Now, the question is, does this mean that Gina's ouster is a foregone conclusion, if they should lose another premerge IC, or have Gina and Paschal formed some kind of bond. I get the feeling that Paschal will be set up to be the alternate (decoy) boot this week in Maraamu. Will he fall on his sword, to keep his good friend Gina in the game? Is he a Gabe like "non game" player? Could bowing out for Gina, be considerd to be playing the game with "dignity" as his wife said? Or does he just feel bad for her, cause she is next to go?

true

True friends stab you in the front -Oscar Wilde

04-02-02, 12:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Krautboy Click to send private message to Krautboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "Who's Throwing the Challenge?"
LAST EDITED ON 04-02-02 AT 12:53 PM (EST)

I've gone along under the assumption that John was the one promoting the idea of throwing a challenge. Why would he want to throw a challenge if Rob has enough support to try and boot him out? Something doesn't make sense? Is Rob the one trying to get the group who sat out the RC and now going to the IC, to throw the challenge so that they can try to vote out John?

It appears that Sean, Vee, Tammy and either Robert, Rob or John compete in the IC. If Rob is the one who goes with them throwing the challenge would be easy.

I don't believe the plan to throw a challenge succeeds, but I'm trying to understand how it will all play out...

Krautboy

red 140 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

04-02-02, 02:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail red Click to send private message to red Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Who's Throwing the Challenge?"
LAST EDITED ON 04-02-02 AT 02:52 PM (EST)

>I've gone along under the assumption
>that John was the one
>promoting the idea of throwing
>a challenge. Why would he
>want to throw a challenge
>if Rob has enough support
>to try and boot him
>out?

Krautboy, where are you getting that Rob has enough support to boot out John? Is it because the trailer says Rob intends to do this? Because there isn't any reason (that I can see) to think he can succeed - or for that matter any reason for John to be worried that Rob might succeed.

Seyz 198 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

04-02-02, 03:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Seyz Click to send private message to Seyz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Who's Throwing the Challenge?"
I, too cannot see a scenario where John can get booted.. so why does Rob really think he has a chance? The Rotu four are definitely close... esp. John and Robert. There's no way any one in the JTRZ alliance will defect when they have the clear advantage. Besides, anyone who defects will be seen as a traitor.
It just doesn't seem reasonable for anyone in a 4 person alliance to switch over to a 3 person alliance when they already have a clear advantage.

But then again.. they showed a shot of Zoe in the previews lying on her back or something... kinda strange.. they rarely show Zoe.

I think Rob will definitely TRY, but ultmately fail.
but then again..CBS makes it sound like that Rob has a fighting chance.... will someone really switch side?

MikeD 344 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

04-02-02, 03:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MikeD Click to send private message to MikeD Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "THEY DO THIS EVERYTIME..."
The commercials trick you into thinking it isn't such a obvious outcome.

FINAL FOUR: John, Zoe, Tammy, Robert

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings

04-02-02, 04:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: THEY DO THIS EVERYTIME..."
Correct. Rob is at the point of needing Rotu to win immunity because he needs to get to the merge and unify his Old Maraamu 3 with the New Maraamu 3 (whichever three they happen to be) to really have a chance to defeat John's alliance. Still, Rob will be uncertain about the merge point, so he does have to begin working on shattering John's alliance if he can. Robert, Tammy and Zoe all seem too stable to be manipulated by Rob, but John himself is becoming something of a loose cannon, so it should be interesting watching Rob try to push him farther out thus increasing the possibility, however slight, that John's own alliance will eliminate their leader.

true 9689 desperate attention whore postings

04-02-02, 04:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail true Click to send private message to true Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: zap2it description of "the Underdogs""
I never once believed that it was John's idea to throw the IC challenge. I believe it is one of the others (Z/R/T) Most likely Zoe, as she is seen in the preview during the controversy part. John is just commenting, in a private confessional, that it would be best to throw the challenge. I don't think it will happen for a couple of reasons. 1. He made promises to Rob, Sean, and Vee last week. And he said he would not lie. 2. Since throwing the challenge is being told to us in preview, it probably fails. I believe the Rob- John conversation focuses on Rob collecting on the debt John owes him, for voting for Gabe last week.(a very Godfather like thing to do) He will play on him "keeping his word, etc.." I don't believe they will throw the challenge and it will come back to haunt John.

As far as this episode description goes, I find the wording very interesting.

"The Underdogs" -- Certain members of the old Maraamu tribe set their sights on reorganizing the loyalties of the original Rotu tribe, on SURVIVOR: MARQUESAS, Thursday, April 4 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

Despite the disadvantage the three old Maraamu members (Rob, Sean and Vecepia) have at the new Rotu, Rob vows to take control of the situation and sets his sights on booting Rotu's self-proclaimed leader

Rob is formulating his plan, NOT taking action. He does not have the numbers this week to make his move. His only hope is to win IC this week, and last until the merge. Then he can make his move on John. To do so now would be foolish. He sets John up, by making him keep his word, to the disgust of Zoe. (or Robert, or Tammy, or all three) Rob will have set his plan in motion to get rid of John, his primary objective.

Regarding Maraamu-

Meanwhile, as the new Maraamu continue to bond, Gina hopes old tribe loyalties are beginning to dissolve after the old Rotu members (Kathy, Neleh and Paschal) are shocked to see that their former tribe voted out Gabriel at the last tribal council.

This focuses primarily on Gina. The most likely M boot, IMO. This tells me that Gina is only hoping they won't pagong her, but she doesn't take any action to try and stay in the game. If Gina were to formulate some big strategy to stay in, I think it would be getting some preview attention.

true

True friends stab you in the front -Oscar Wilde

04-02-02, 07:34 PM (EST)
13. "RE: zap2it description of "the Underdogs""
True, good analysis! Your explanation makes alot of sense. I agree that the "Strategies Revealed" will not succeed and Robs plan is still just an idea and Gina's hoping will not be enough to save her.

Krautboy

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •