The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Thoughts on Dolly Week"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

geekboy 1788 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

03-31-08, 01:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail geekboy Click to send private message to geekboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Thoughts on Dolly Week"
I'd just like to see your pre-show thoughts on 'Dolly Parton' week. All i can think to myself is 'This is a trainwreck waiting to happen.'

Can anyone see this turning out well? Am i being overly pessimistic?

geekboy

"I love puppies!" - S. Cowell

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Thoughts on Dolly Week vince3 03-31-08 1
   RE: Thoughts on Dolly Week geekboy 03-31-08 2
       RE: Thoughts on Dolly Week vince3 03-31-08 3
 RE: Thoughts on Dolly Week Snidget 03-31-08 4
   RE: Thoughts on Dolly Week tamarama 03-31-08 11
 RE: Thoughts on Dolly Week Ahtumbreez 03-31-08 5
 RE: Thoughts on Dolly Week aquariaqueen 03-31-08 6
   RE: Thoughts on Dolly Week KoalaChick 03-31-08 7
       RE: Thoughts on Dolly Week zazzy 03-31-08 8
           RE: Thoughts on Dolly Week Sues 03-31-08 9
               RE: Thoughts on Dolly Week cjhope117 03-31-08 10
       David Cook samboohoo 04-01-08 17
   RE: Thoughts on Dolly Week memzoo48 03-31-08 12
       RE: Thoughts on Dolly Week aquariaqueen 04-01-08 13
 RE: Thoughts on Dolly Week Maroonclown 04-01-08 14
   RE: Thoughts on Dolly Week geekboy 04-01-08 16
 RE: Thoughts on Dolly Week whimsey 04-01-08 15
 RE: Thoughts on Dolly Week theincrediblehugey 04-01-08 18
   RE: Thoughts on Dolly Week Snidget 04-01-08 19
   RE: Thoughts on Dolly Week geekboy 04-01-08 20
 Pass the lime helmet if it's alread... Ahtumbreez 04-01-08 21
   RE: Jason, and "Islands in the Stre... mindy23 04-01-08 22

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

vince3 17341 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-31-08, 02:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail vince3 Click to send private message to vince3 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Thoughts on Dolly Week"
I just want to know one thing:

Is Kristy or anyone else gonna attempt 9 to 5?

03-31-08, 02:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail geekboy Click to send private message to geekboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Thoughts on Dolly Week"
First off, this is not a lie.

I read in an exit interview that Chikezie WAS going to do '9 To 5'.

geekboy

vince3 17341 desperate attention whore postings

03-31-08, 02:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail vince3 Click to send private message to vince3 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Thoughts on Dolly Week"
Which means, unless one of those still in it changed their minds...... it won't be attempted.

Bummer.

Snidget 44369 desperate attention whore postings

03-31-08, 03:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Thoughts on Dolly Week"
I'm guessing I will end Tuesday night saying.
"Who knew singing Dolly Parton songs was so hard".

Which is what I've said after most mentors. Most of them don't seem like they are that hard to sing when done by the original. (I know I have a just an OK range to my voice and I can hit all the notes when it is in the right key)

I'm hoping maybe this time will be an exception and they'll all do well, but I won't hold my breath.

tamarama 1785 desperate attention whore postings

03-31-08, 10:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tamarama Click to send private message to tamarama Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Thoughts on Dolly Week"
>>I'm guessing I will end Tuesday night saying.
"Who knew singing Dolly Parton songs was so hard"<<

I agree -- I have a fear that this will be like the Gloria Estafan disaster from...season 3?

Ahtumbreez 10456 desperate attention whore postings

03-31-08, 04:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Ahtumbreez Click to send private message to Ahtumbreez Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Thoughts on Dolly Week"
I'd rather it be a "Country" week than a "Dolly" week. I can't see any of the guys doing well. Oh, who am I kidding, I don't see any of them doing well.

Agman took me to the islands

aquariaqueen 2616 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

03-31-08, 04:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail aquariaqueen Click to send private message to aquariaqueen Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Thoughts on Dolly Week"
I love Dolly...she has tons of records, a lot to choose from.
You can rock out a lot of her songs. I totally look forward to it, I just hope they don't screw it up!

"The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it" - Albert Einstein

KoalaChick 509 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

03-31-08, 07:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail KoalaChick Click to send private message to KoalaChick Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Thoughts on Dolly Week"

I hope someone does Jolene, that's a great Dolly song. Sounds like a song that KKKristy would butch... sing. Please.dear.cod don't let anyone do 9-5. Eagle When She Flies is another good choice.

What the heck is David Cook going to do a cover of a cover this week?

zazzy 4390 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

03-31-08, 07:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail zazzy Click to send private message to zazzy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Thoughts on Dolly Week"
I'm thinking group song on Wednesday night for 9 to 5.

Sues 585 desperate attention whore postings

03-31-08, 08:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Sues Click to send private message to Sues Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Thoughts on Dolly Week"
oooh, I like 'Jolene' too!
I think Brooke or Carly could do it, in entirely but equally enjoyable ways...

I think if David takes some artistic license, he'll be fine..as stated above, she's got a sh&t load of songs for them to choose from.

let's have Jason do 'Coat of Many Colors'..just 'cuz

sayesha (sp?) ...do NOT attempt the Whitney version..please

kristy...thanks for the opportunity for a bathroom break

too tired to think of anymore...but does anyone think we'll hear 'Islands in the Stream'?

cjhope117 584 desperate attention whore postings

03-31-08, 09:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cjhope117 Click to send private message to cjhope117 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Thoughts on Dolly Week"
"too tired to think of anymore...but does anyone think we'll hear 'Islands in the Stream'?"

I wouldn't be surprised since Ghetto Superstar is all but the same song and most will know that.

samboohoo 17173 desperate attention whore postings

04-01-08, 01:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail samboohoo Click to send private message to samboohoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "David Cook"
Maybe he'll cover Whitney's cover of I'll Always Love You.

I was at a scrapbooking session on Friday, and someone mentioned his name. I asked, "Is that the scary-looking" one, not considering the fact that she actually "liked" him. Oops.

Tribe is pushing up my daisies!

memzoo48 347 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

03-31-08, 11:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail memzoo48 Click to send private message to memzoo48 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Thoughts on Dolly Week"
I think David C. could totally rock "Here You Come Again."

aquariaqueen 2616 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

04-01-08, 08:38 AM (EST)
Click to EMail aquariaqueen Click to send private message to aquariaqueen Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Thoughts on Dolly Week"
That's got potential. Or how about "3 Doors Down"?

"The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it" - Albert Einstein

Maroonclown 5829 desperate attention whore postings

04-01-08, 11:24 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Maroonclown Click to send private message to Maroonclown Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Thoughts on Dolly Week"
Can they also do songs written by Dolly but not recorded by Dolly?

I've been looking around and have yet to find many but one has to think that for such a prolific songwriter, other artists would have recorded her material (besides the obvious).

Tribe Spring Fling

04-01-08, 12:16 PM (EST)
16. "RE: Thoughts on Dolly Week"
I read somewhere, i forget where, that they could sing any song RECORDED by Dolly, which includes the boatload of covers she has recorded. So, this week is not necessarily JUST COUNTRY.

geekboy

whimsey 4411 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

04-01-08, 11:48 AM (EST)
Click to EMail whimsey Click to send private message to whimsey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Thoughts on Dolly Week"
I'm pretty sure I'll get into trouble for the "Drink of the Night" though.

spring siggy by tribe

theincrediblehugey 141 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

04-01-08, 02:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail theincrediblehugey Click to send private message to theincrediblehugey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Thoughts on Dolly Week"
I don't think it'll be a trainwreck. Many of her songs have universal appeal, and I expect that Dolly will be a great mentor. She sings with such confidence, expression, and heart - she could probably teach them a lot.

Snidget 44369 desperate attention whore postings

04-01-08, 02:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Thoughts on Dolly Week"
I just worry some of the songs may need more range than most of these idols have.

When someone writes songs that work with their range, sometimes other people just don't have enough low notes or high notes to do the song well. (after all "I will always love you" Dolly's version has as much range and runs as Whitney's version if I remember them correctly)

I agree the songs may have great appeal. Whether or not any of the idols can sing them is the question for me.

04-01-08, 02:47 PM (EST)
20. "RE: Thoughts on Dolly Week"
You know, i wrote this thinking this week will be a major trainwreck. Granted, that could still happen, but looking forward, the true trainwreck will probably be "Andrew Lloyd Webber Week". The only saving grace for that week will be if they wait until the final four and save it for the cream of the crop.

Imagine Andrew Lloyd Webber week THIS WEEK?!

Compared to that, Dolly Week should be brilliant.

geekboy

Ahtumbreez 10456 desperate attention whore postings

04-01-08, 04:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Ahtumbreez Click to send private message to Ahtumbreez Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "Pass the lime helmet if it's already been posted"
Possible song choices :
http://popwatch.ew.com/popwatch/2008/04/dolly-idol-set.html

I'm voting for Jason like a mad idiot because I think he's going to need it if true.

Agman took me to the islands

mindy23 1319 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

04-01-08, 06:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mindy23 Click to send private message to mindy23 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Jason, and "Islands in the Streams""
Jason will be the mad idiot if he even TRIES to sing that song! He hasn't got the range, the depth or the showmanship that he'll need for even the first few measures! But, of course, his fans-which are hot and heavy-will continue to dial until their fingers bleed. Whatever.

As far as "Islands in the Streams", not that it matters, but Dolly didn't write that one. It is a classic Bee Gee song that she and Kenny Rogers made famous, as most of us already know. Don't think I saw it on the list, and it's really better done as a duo. It may come up on Wednesday, since it's a great harmony peice.

I have to agree-I'm forseeing a bit of a train wreck myself, as in Gloria Estefan week, where only Diana DeGarmo was able to deliver. But we'll see. Worse things have and will happen than the big-haired blonde with that mousy voice, right? At least I think her voice is mousy. Just MHO, and I know it's not altogether popular...so shoot me.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •