The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"TSI, Episode 6: Of Boobs and Duds"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Basher Forum (Protected)
Original message

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

07-06-03, 12:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"TSI, Episode 6: Of Boobs and Duds"
TSI Episode 6: Of Boobs and Duds

What is this preoccupation with dirty and smelly? It seems like the producers have decided to up the discomfort level this season by putting in gross challenges a la "Fear Factor". What's next, eat the horse entrails as a roadblock?

But I digress. It's time for me to dispense this week's awards to The Amazing Rejects as they go through India.

1. Jon & Al - They flirt with elimination, and they are allowing the other teams to get closer in the TSI rankings. They earned their biggest chunk o' Ryans yet, for not paying enough attention during the fish challenge and having to go back and get more. Was this challenge too hard, since it didn't involve balancing things on your nose? Quit trying to entertain the crowds and learn to follow directions, before you're following the Supremes to the loser location. But was I the only one who laughed when one of the clowns talked about "lots of dogs barking" and we were shown a picture of one of the models? I didn't think so.
This week: 10 Ryans
OVerall: 12 Ryans, 4 Dicques

2. Millie & Chuck - The main reason I hope these two stick around is because I enjoy playing Canada Girl's innuedo game. Let's see what gems they gave us this week:
- Chuck: "Millie & I both get overly frantic in a tough situation."
- Chuck: "Go fast, go hard."
- Millie: "You're going to have to get in here and help me."
- Chuck: "Millie, please get quiet."
- Chuck: "She's gotta give, and I gotta give."
Since Jon is the only other person even remotely quotable on a regular basis (even though a lot of teams had decent ones this week), I want these two to stick around. I know, Millie is ready to go back to India as a mercenary, to bathe the children and give them shots. If they keep piling up Ryans like they did this week, she won't have the money to go back there. They wash the wrong laundry - what an insult to the locals, washing the stuff they had already cleaned. And then Chuck proves for the 8,385,243rd time that he can't commit, when he stands out of the washing water examining the clothes, as if he could see the clue without washing them. Chuck, I don't care if you think washing is women's work, get off your lazy ass and follow through on something for once. And speaking of following through, Chuck couldn't be bothered to get the right fish the first try.
This week: 25 Ryans
OVerall: 44 Ryans, 2 Dicques

Note: Some of you will notice that I didn't dock any points for Chuck's lack of commitment with getting on the train. I am giving him a break because I know that I would have been freaking out like Kelly to be in that smelly and cramped of a place. But Chuck did find a workable solution - hang on the edge like some of the other riders. As I've said before, if you disagree with my scoring, you should have thought of this idea first and started your own column. So there.

3. Reichen & Chip - The guys make the most significant jump up in the rankings, since they are the only team to be awarded a Dicque this week. Not once, but twice, these guys chose to take the road less traveled, determining their own route instead of picking one just because others were headed that way. Yes, it's a risk, but it's a risk that can pay off. After all, if you're following other teams, you're guaranteed not to win, since you'd be following someone to the finish line. At some point, you've got to be willing to lead. I enjoyed Chip's sense of humor when he said, "Honey, we're going to wash some clothes."
This week: 1 Dicque
OVerall: 47 Ryans, 2 Dicques

4. Tian & Jaree - Tian, you're running a race, and you actually suggest dumping all of your clothes so that you can pack tapestries? And you were the ones giving Taree grief about overpacking? Trust me, all of the viewers of TAR would like for you to keep the clothes. Really. Tian only made one obnoxious comment about Jaree this week, comparing her to a "dog with three legs". Lovely. Tian becomes the third person penalized for not getting the fish right on the first try. I'll bet, though, that she was the only one who smelled better once the fish juice had run all over her.
This week: 15 Ryans
OVerall: 49 Ryans, 1 Dicque

5. Dave & Jeff - In a week of shocks, even these guys managed to be quotable twice this week. First, one of them said, "We have to work on being smart". At this point, the viewing audience collectively said, "Duh." Later, one of them said, "We're going straight to the desert to be sacrificed." We should be so lucky. Which one made the comments? Do you really care? And was anyone else surprised when they started going through Ballywood but confessed that they had no idea where they were going? The shock would be if these team actually had a clue of where they were going. They finished first this leg, and I think that's one of the signs of the apocalypse.
This week: 2 Ryans
OVerall: 61 Ryans

6. Kelly & Jon - Jon has been a source of questionable quotes over the past couple of weeks, but this week he managed to be quite likeable. He was appropriately complimentary about Kelly after she endured the train ride. Then, when he got to the finish line, reeking of fish, he looked at Phil and said, "Gimme a big hug." It was up to Kelly to give us the rancid quote of the week for this team, during the laundry challenge: "He just threw it in my mouth...I'm going to get diarrhea." They get penalized for not being pushy enough to get on the first train, and for not getting the fish right one the first try. And I have one question for Kelly...Given how many times she said, "That was my nightmare" when describing something, I'm wondering how long that freakin' nightmare lasted!
This week: 13 Ryans
OVerall: 86 Ryans

7. Monica & Sheree - They weren't so Supreme this week. They weren't even quotable, since the most memorable thing they said (repeatedly) was "It's not over 'til it's over." Wrong sport, chicks. They were right there with all of the other teams, and then BOOM! The other teams were gone, leaving these two alone to try and navigate to the train station. Can they do something on their own? Puh-leeze. And was it any surprise that these ladies couldn't wash the clothes well enough to find the clue on the first try? Since they didn't have a Diana Ross to follow, these Supremes went down fast. And for the folks who wondered about my huge penalty for taking the FF in the first leg, well, just think how they could have saved themselves this leg with a FF. When the other teams vanished, they would have had an option.
This week: 40 Ryans
OVerall: 119 Ryans, 2 Dicques

Next week, on The Amazing Race: Boobs in mud. Mr. Bebo has already asked me to set the VCR.

Bebo, Mistress of EVIL and your American Idol PTTE co-champ

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: TSI, Episode 6: Of Boobs and Du... kpod 07-06-03 1
   RE: TSI, Episode 6: Of Boobs and Du... Survivorerist 07-06-03 6
       RE: TSI, Episode 6: Of Boobs and Du... Bebo 07-07-03 9
 RE: TSI, Episode 6: Of Boobs and Du... magic_star 07-06-03 2
 RE: TSI, Episode 6: Of Boobs and Du... AMAI 07-06-03 3
   RE: TSI, Episode 6: Of Boobs and Du... ShowMeTheWinner 07-07-03 11
   RE: TSI, Episode 6: Of Boobs and Du... Edgeless Grass 07-08-03 13
 RE: TSI, Episode 6: Of Boobs and Du... cyclehausen 07-06-03 4
 RE: TSI, Episode 6: Of Boobs and Du... minitroll 07-06-03 5
 RE: TSI, Episode 6: Of Boobs and Du... Edgeless Grass 07-06-03 7
   RE: TSI, Episode 6: Of Boobs and Du... managerr 07-07-03 8
 RE: TSI, Episode 6: Of Boobs and Du... wildchickenhunter 07-07-03 10
 RE: TSI, Episode 6: Of Boobs and Du... L82LIFE 07-07-03 12

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

kpod 125 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

07-06-03, 12:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kpod Click to send private message to kpod Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: TSI, Episode 6: Of Boobs and Duds"
I take it the relative weights of Ryans and Dicques in figuring the rankings is also subject to scorer's whim?

Survivorerist 4103 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

07-06-03, 10:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Survivorerist Click to send private message to Survivorerist Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: TSI, Episode 6: Of Boobs and Duds"
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that the relative weights is 10 Ryans = 1 Dicque

(Another IceCat original )

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings

07-07-03, 12:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: TSI, Episode 6: Of Boobs and Duds"
It's actually closer to 50-1. The teams are ordered by overall score (lowest Ryans, highest Dicques).

Bebo, Mistress of EVIL and your American Idol PTTE co-champ

magic_star 2400 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

07-06-03, 01:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail magic_star Click to send private message to magic_star Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: TSI, Episode 6: Of Boobs and Duds"
Hey Bebo, I think it was indeed Jaree that wanted the tapestries.

Thanks for another great TSI! Very funny!

T-Mac hits the three! Magic Win! Magic Win!

AMAI 1254 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

07-06-03, 03:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AMAI Click to send private message to AMAI Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: TSI, Episode 6: Of Boobs and Duds"
Another great instalment, Bebo.

I thought it was Tian who said that about bringing tapestries. I'm figuring out which is which of those two.

Notwithstanding your hilarious suggestion for us to have thought of this idea first, I wish to ask why you didn't give David & Jeff a Dicque for coming first without using their FF. (Unless I missed something?) Haven't they still got their FF in hand? If I'm wrong please correct me.

ShowMeTheWinner 962 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

07-07-03, 02:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ShowMeTheWinner Click to send private message to ShowMeTheWinner Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: TSI, Episode 6: Of Boobs and Duds"
I rewatched the tape. Jaree was the one who commented about the tapestries. Tian would never say such a bimbotic thing. And I bet her tongue is all battered and bruised after having bitten it for the whole of episode 6.

Kathy O'Brien... The Sole Survivor! (I'd rather be delusional)
Hail the purple rock! Hallelujah..... Oh glory!

Edgeless Grass 93 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

07-08-03, 01:28 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Edgeless%20Grass Click to send private message to Edgeless%20Grass Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: TSI, Episode 6: Of Boobs and Duds"
>I wish to ask why you didn't give David & Jeff a Dicque for
>coming first without using their FF. (Unless I missed
>something?) Haven't they still got their FF in hand? If I'm
>wrong please correct me.

David and Jeff come in first this time because they don't need to drive themselve....else they probably would have been lost again! Ha ha ha ha...;P

------- Bye!! -------

cyclehausen 1197 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

07-06-03, 04:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cyclehausen Click to send private message to cyclehausen Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: TSI, Episode 6: Of Boobs and Duds"

After all, if you're following other teams, you're guaranteed not to win, since you'd be following someone to the finish line.

Yeah, tell that to Chris and Alex.

Love it as always, Beebs!

"I am an unlimited person, sadly living in a limited world."
-Harlan Ellison
How can evil feel so good?

minitroll 3901 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

07-06-03, 04:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail minitroll Click to send private message to minitroll Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: TSI, Episode 6: Of Boobs and Duds"
Thanks for this week's TSI Bebo! You're right, I was wondering why you didn't award Chuck a Ryan or two for not getting on the train, but I have to admit, I would have held on to the outside of that thing for dear life rather than get inside too.

Edgeless Grass 93 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

07-06-03, 11:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Edgeless%20Grass Click to send private message to Edgeless%20Grass Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: TSI, Episode 6: Of Boobs and Duds"
I agreed maybe we shouldn't give Chuck Ryans for not getting in the train, but I think he should deserve some Ryans for not even care about Millie being bury by the Indian men!! I really wonder what would happen if Millie's gone and he was still at the train station?

'Go ahead! Do the washing without me, it's ok! I will meet you AFTER you got the next clue!'

------- Bye!! --------

managerr 1959 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

07-07-03, 11:48 AM (EST)
Click to EMail managerr Click to send private message to managerr Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: TSI, Episode 6: Of Boobs and Duds"
It was Jaree who mentioned dumping out her clothes and putting only tapestries in her bag. I *think* she was only saying that to irritate Tian, but knowing her, I'm not sure.

wildchickenhunter 3192 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

07-07-03, 01:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail wildchickenhunter Click to send private message to wildchickenhunter Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: TSI, Episode 6: Of Boobs and Duds"
Thanks bebo.....great as always.

L82LIFE 5333 desperate attention whore postings

07-07-03, 03:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail L82LIFE Click to send private message to L82LIFE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: TSI, Episode 6: Of Boobs and Duds"
But was I the only one who laughed when one of the clowns talked about "lots of dogs barking" and we were shown a picture of one of the models? I didn't think so.

No you weren't, Bebo. Thanks for reminding me of one of the funniest editing jobs ever!

Great TSI, as usual. You ROCK!

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •