The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Maraamu goes to TC once more...?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

alleyb 98 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

03-31-02, 03:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail alleyb Click to send private message to alleyb Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Maraamu goes to TC once more...?"
LAST EDITED ON 03-31-02 AT 03:01 PM (EST)

While rewatching my tape of Ep.4, I noticed something that has been bothering me. I don't know if this is a trick of the light, but it looks to me that Pascal's black long-sleeved pull-over suddenly turns Pascal Blue in the over-the-shoulder vote-writing shot. It looks like the exact same type of clothing, but the color is not the same. Also--the stubble on Pascal's cheek appears much longer in the over-the-shoulder shot that the frontal shot (particularly noticable difference when he turns to walk away after voting).

Any vidcappers out there who can supply a comparison? (Front view of Pascal walking up to vote vs. over the shoulder).

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Maraamu goes to TC once more...... JeffGator 03-31-02 1
   RE: Maraamu goes to TC once more...... Kokoro 03-31-02 2
       RE: Maraamu goes to TC once more...... lazykid 03-31-02 3
           RE: Maraamu goes to TC once more...... Kokoro 03-31-02 4
   RE: Maraamu goes to TC once more...... JeffGator 03-31-02 10
 Can someone cap this? shakes the clown 03-31-02 5
 RE: Maraamu goes to TC once more...... PsychoDoc 03-31-02 6
 Vidcaps TechNoir 03-31-02 7
   RE: Vidcaps Kokoro 03-31-02 8
       RE: Vidcaps dabo 03-31-02 9
           Stand in? mavsfan 03-31-02 11
               RE: Stand in? dabo 04-01-02 12
                   RE: Stand in? ivoryElephant 04-01-02 13
   RE: Vidcaps rwj3eb 04-01-02 14
       RE: Vidcaps ulalame 04-01-02 19
           Blue on Black? idiotcowboy 04-02-02 22
   RE: Vidcaps Naked 04-01-02 15
       RE: Vidcaps Kokoro 04-01-02 16
 RE: Maraamu goes to TC once more...... Spidey 04-01-02 17
   RE: Maraamu goes to TC once more...... lazykid 04-01-02 18
 RE: Maraamu goes to TC once more...... Kokoro 04-01-02 20
   RE: Maraamu goes to TC once more...... dabo 04-02-02 21
 RE: Maraamu goes to TC once more...... alleyb 04-02-02 23

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

JeffGator 1401 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

03-31-02, 05:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail JeffGator Click to send private message to JeffGator Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Maraamu goes to TC once more...?"
LAST EDITED ON 03-31-02 AT 10:44 PM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 03-31-02 AT 05:43 PM (EST)

Well, I'm going to rewatch episode 4 to see for myself. But anyway, so you're saying that Maraamu is going to another tribal council because you think that MB slipped up and showed us a future tribal council "over the shoulder vote writing shot" of Paschal by mistake? Not necessarily. Even if it's true that this is a future shot of Paschal at a later tribal council, it just may well be after the two tribes merge. It's very likely that Paschal will make the merge, and therefore he'll be voting in every tribal council from then on until he is eliminated.

Kokoro 3899 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

03-31-02, 06:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Kokoro Click to send private message to Kokoro Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Maraamu goes to TC once more...?"
Not really, because you can still see the yellow bandana....but it is from the same council - it's just the lighting.

----------------------------------------
Now let us never speak of S3 again.

Gabriel: "Alright, John go straight! Straight!" - Um, Gabe?

lazykid 6 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

03-31-02, 07:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail lazykid Click to send private message to lazykid Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Maraamu goes to TC once more...?"
The shirt that Paschal is wearing at the Ep4 TC is black. You can see it clearly with better lighting when JP asks Paschal his question. He is also wearing it earlier in the episode under the short sleeved blue t-shirt before they go crab hunting. However, in the over-the-shoulder TC shot, his shirt is much bluer than would be possible with a black shirt in different lighting. This is his long sleeved blue shirt that says "Reebok" on the front, and is obviously different from his usual blue t-shirt and his long sleeved black one that he wore to Ep4 TC. Also, in the over-the-shoulder shot, it seems that his hat is not bent in the odd way it is in the frontal shot.

While it may seem unbelievable that MB would put in a clip from a future TC in, it's not like he hasn't done it before. In episode one, in Rob's over-the-shoulder TC shot, you can clearly see that the buff around his wrist is blue, and that his hat is on forwards instead of backwards. By matching it up, we now know that this shot comes from Ep5 TC. If MB would use such a noticable clip in that shot, it is not out of the question to assume that a more subtle case could be repeated.

03-31-02, 07:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Kokoro Click to send private message to Kokoro Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Maraamu goes to TC once more...?"
Oh my gawd, you're right! Sorry, I didn't notice Paschal actually ~had~ a black shirt (who's keeping the clothing list this year anyway?) Damn, looks like Mara ~will~ be going back to TC afterall (unless for some reason MB edited that clip)

And for anyone who doesn't want to go back and see it, yes you ~can~ clearly see the yellow buff in both shots, except his shirt turns from blue to black. (You can also see at the end when he holds up the Sarah vote during the credits that it is the black shirt)

Good find lk!

JeffGator 1401 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

03-31-02, 10:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail JeffGator Click to send private message to JeffGator Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Maraamu goes to TC once more...?"
Hey sorry, you didn't mention that he was wearing the same colored buff (yellow) in both of the pictures so he would have to still be on Maraamu. That's a whole different story.

shakes the clown 3366 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

03-31-02, 07:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail shakes%20the%20clown Click to send private message to shakes%20the%20clown Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "Can someone cap this?"
Bungler, anybody?

PsychoDoc 95 desperate attention whore postings

03-31-02, 08:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PsychoDoc Click to send private message to PsychoDoc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Maraamu goes to TC once more...?"
No! No! No!
Could it be MB just be trying to mislead the spoilers community?

Just trying to hang on to my fantasy that Maraamu will miss TC once more.

TechNoir 9741 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-31-02, 09:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TechNoir Click to send private message to TechNoir Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "Vidcaps"
Here goes. Puyo posted them at surviiivor.com and invited someone to move them here. Labels in originals. (Looks like lighting to me.)

60 Pixel Series, No. 2

03-31-02, 09:22 PM (EST)
8. "RE: Vidcaps"
It's not lighting....look at shot one, where you can see light clearly reflecting; it's obviously black. Now see the third clip - that blue is way too clear to appear black except in the darkest of shadows. (You can also see it's clearly a black shirt during the credits where he holds up the Sarah vote)

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings

03-31-02, 10:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Vidcaps"
It still could be from a post-merge TC with digital imaging to change the color of the buff, maybe even the shirt. Remember how Brandon and Frank had the same confessional scenes used before and after the merge with digital recoloring done to their buffs. Not saying this is what this is, only pointing out a possibility which should be considered.

mavsfan 693 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

03-31-02, 11:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mavsfan Click to send private message to mavsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "Stand in?"
MB has admitted to using stand in's for shot's, so this could be a stand in.

This sure makes me think of SIII when Tom's tattoo jumped from one shoulder to the other and as far as I know, a reasonable excuse for that has never been offered up.

Admittidly the shot of Pascale is a throw away shot, but then so was the one of Tom.

04-01-02, 00:35 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Stand in?"
You are correct that the shot where Tom's tattoo jumped to the wrong shoulder was never explained, and may have been a stand-in (body double). MB has traditionally used his doubles to create additional shots, usually long-shots (as in aerial views of challenges), for the purpose of editing together a better presentation. Unless something went wrong with the camera during the TC, or something happened to the video afterwards, I can't see him using the doubles for anything in TC, particularly if he can cull shots from other (previous or subsequent) TCs to serve that purpose. It is an intriguing prospect, though.

Prior to it turning out the Rob TC shot had relevance, I primarily considered these odd "gaffe" bits to be in the vein of that Scharzenegger movie ("Last Action Hero" or something) where continuity mistakes were intentionally shot for the film, just something MB was doing because he could and he knew it would drive us to look for relevance in them.

ivoryElephant 2257 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

04-01-02, 11:10 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ivoryElephant Click to send private message to ivoryElephant Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Stand in?"

The contestants are only allowed One long sleeve shirt in there small list of items they are allowed to bring. therefore Paschal could not have a blue and black long sleeve shirt. there has to be another explanation.

"I know I don't know you, and you're probably not what you seem, but I sure would like to find out so why don't you climb down of that TV screen"

Gina Crews, the Sole Survivor!

rwj3eb 161 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

04-01-02, 01:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail rwj3eb Click to send private message to rwj3eb Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Vidcaps"
Doesn't Paschal only have a SHORT sleeve blue shirt, and a LONG sleeve black one?

ulalame 778 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

04-01-02, 07:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ulalame Click to send private message to ulalame Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Vidcaps"
He definitely has a short-sleeved blue shirt which appears to be the same color as the one in the third shot above. Perhaps he's wearing it over his long-sleeved shirt? Also, we really can't tell if this is the same sequence, because the top of his head is cut off in the blue-shirt shot, so it's impossible to see if he has a hat on or not.

I copied this picture from another thread, but take a look.

idiotcowboy 1135 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

04-02-02, 02:21 AM (EST)
Click to EMail idiotcowboy Click to send private message to idiotcowboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "Blue on Black?"
On another site there is a well lit daylight pic with Paschal wearing his short sleeve blue shirt over his long sleeve black shirt (sorry I can't seem to find it now). It is quite vivid and quiet distinct though, and this could be that clothing configuration he is wearing to the next TC. The one issus is in the TC pic the sleeves look rather blue too, and in the pic I saw the sleeves were definately black.

-ICB

Naked 887 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

04-01-02, 02:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Naked Click to send private message to Naked Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Vidcaps"
Hey guys,

In shot four, you can see a blue light over Paschal's shoulder. It is this light that is making his shirt look blue in shot three. Good try though...

04-01-02, 05:01 PM (EST)
16. "RE: Vidcaps"
LAST EDITED ON 04-01-02 AT 08:01 PM (EST)

Okay well that seems like the most likely answer now....

But now I need to know: Did anyone on the cast have a long sleeve blue shirt?

Also, I'm no lighting expert, but how is the blue hitting only that area of the shirt, while the light hitting everywhere else is plain white light?

Another thing: How is it that the blue light isn't showing in the other 2 caps where he's up there? Are we assuming that when the Survivors go up, the lighting crew adjusts the lights to their liking?

I hate jumping on the wrong ship =)

Spidey 6259 desperate attention whore postings

04-01-02, 06:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Spidey Click to send private message to Spidey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Maraamu goes to TC once more...?"
The only explanation I can come up with is that this shot is digitally altered to make the shirt look blue. I don't think the lighting would change it so dramatically. But the rest of Paschal seems exactly the same. The most important piece of this is that the logo on the buff is in exactly the same position in the blue and black shirt shots - on the left side of his neck extending to just below his ear and no farther back. How much of a coincidence would it have to be for him to go to 2 different tribal counsels with the buff LOGO in the exact same place?

lazykid 6 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

04-01-02, 07:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail lazykid Click to send private message to lazykid Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Maraamu goes to TC once more...?"
I think it would be a huge assumption to say that the shirt was digitally altered. In the cases where it was done previously, it was in very obvious places that lasted much longer than Paschal's over-the-shoulder shot. Digitally altering things takes time and costs money. If anything it would have been used in the Ep1 TC shot of Rob's blue buff over a scenario like this one. The lighting affecting the color is much more probable than an expensive and time consuming technique used to alter a split-second shot to fool the .01% of survivor viewers that try and spoil the show. So it's either the lighting, or it's a different shirt.

I am not banking on these shots as a spoiler at all, I am just proposing the possibility of their spoiler value. I agree with Spidey about the position of the buff. I noticed it, and although the probability of Paschal keeping his buff the same way for two different TCs is slight, it is a possibility nonetheless.

The only thing that keeps me wondering is that Paschal does have a blue shirt that says "Reebok" in white letters on the front that is different from his short sleeved blue and his long sleeved black. You can get a clear shot of it in the Ep5 reward challenge. Notice his other two shirts do not have anything printed on them. What I am unable to determine is whether this shirt is long sleeved or short sleeved. It seems as if his sleeves have been pulled up and tucked under a little below his elbow. Or, it could be a short sleeved shirt with very long sleeves. What does everyone else think?

I have downloaded a few vid capping programs, but I don't think that they are the right kind. Otherwise I would post some vidcaps of Paschal in the shirt. If someone who has a program that works would let me know what kind it is, I would really appreciate it.

04-01-02, 10:24 PM (EST)
20. "RE: Maraamu goes to TC once more...?"
There's a thread over at the EZboard that's also going with this (took it from here, though ;)

http://pub53.ezboard.com/fsurvivorsucksfrm2.showMessage?topicID=12759.topic

Someone in that thread mentions something interesting:

Just to settle the lighting issue - can anyone put up vidcaps of the others at the voting booth (so we can see if they're blue-lit also)? (N/K/G)

04-02-02, 00:09 AM (EST)
21. "RE: Maraamu goes to TC once more...?"
LAST EDITED ON 04-02-02 AT 00:10 AM (EST)

I don't have the tech to create vidcaps, sorry. However I have reviewed the tape frame by frame, and not just the ep4 TC. During Paschal's walk to the voting area there were a few frames where his shirt reflected blue, though not as vibrantly as in the over the shoulder shot, and MB was using overlays as well I think. But in TC ep5 John's black shirt also reflected blue in the over the shoulder shot, though not as vibrantly, and other black shirts worn to TC did not so reflect. I have come to the conclusion that this is a trick of lighting which may occur with certain types of fabrics. It may be also that some of these apparently black shirts are actually a dark navy blue or a dark gray, which would cause variations to occur when filmed under certain lighting, though I have no way of determining this.

alleyb 98 desperate attention whore postings

04-02-02, 02:35 AM (EST)
Click to EMail alleyb Click to send private message to alleyb Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: Maraamu goes to TC once more...?"
First of all--thank you all for contemplating what this means. I'm still not fully convinced either way on what it means, but it is something to contemplate.

I don't think this is an absolute spoiler. There are many factors that call it into question.

1. Neleh's t-shirt (white with blue sleeves)--the blue sleeves look a variety of colors from dark navy (almost black) to fully blue. When she votes, her over-the-shoulder shot does bring out the blue color quite strongly.
However, even in the "dark" shots, Neleh's color is definately blue, and Pascal's pull-over does not appear to have any blue color to it...nothing that would indicate such a strong color change from shot to shot.

2. Pascal's pull-over looks like the exact same shirt, just color-enhanced. Is it possible that Pascal has two shirts that are exactly the same? I guess it is possible, but some have pointed out that the Survivors are only allowed one long-sleeved shirt such as this. I am not totally convinced that that is absolutely true, but it definately lends credence to doubt. And judging by the color of the cuff, this does not look like a blue t-shirt pulled over his black shirt.

3. Pascal's Buff. It looks like it is in the same position, but it is really hard to tell. I went back and forth with myself trying to find enough of a difference between the two to be able to conclusively decide if it was exactly the same of slightly different. Regardless, it is close enough to appear to be in the same position, so I'm probably looking for something that isn't there.

4. Pascal's facial hair. His frontal shot looks like less growth than the over-the-shoulder shot to me. However, the light in the over-the shoulder shot makes the silver hairs shine, while the frontal shot's light allows his silver beard growth to look almost invisible. So this is at best inconclusive.

So...ultimately, I can't put too much credence into this as a real spoiler. I'm not totally convinced that this is just a trick of the light, but I'm not totally convinced that it isn't either. Lord knows, I'd rather see Rotu go to TC, regardless.

On a completely unrelated topic that probably belongs on Fanatics, but doesn't really fit there either...
I think Rob could have made a brilliant move by voting for Sean in the last TC. No one would think that he would vote for Sean, and it would make John think that someone in his 4-person voting block didn't follow his orders, throwing John into more paranoia about who he trusts. This could have been the most strategic move to make. MB would have been sure to show both non-Gabe votes, and as long as Sean didn't know about it, Sean would help sell it as a betrayal by one of the Rotu's against John. (Call this the honorary Teresa Cooper strategy, although she wasn't even aware of how effective this strategy can be with someone so vulnerable as Lex...or John).

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •