The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Episode 6 Reward Challenge"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Krautboy 2750 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

03-30-02, 01:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Krautboy Click to send private message to Krautboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Episode 6 Reward Challenge"
The RC discussion is taking place in various threads and I thought it might help to bring it all together in one thread. The RC appears to be a relay race. Sean, Vee and Tammy appear to be sitting out. This raises some interesting questions with regards to who will sit out the all important IC, especially if John is pushing to throw the IC…

Thanks to Bungler (the Vidcap King) we have some great shots of the RC. I have also brought over some of the SF vidcaps of a recent web promo. Thanks Paratrooper.

Maraamu arriving at the RC. Kathy notices Gabe is missing…

Kathy comments to Neleh, as Gina looks over at Rotu…

Rotu arrive at RC (notice the body language: Final3 on the right, John a weak fourth, the Old Maraamu on the left, with Rob separated from the group, John trying to play both sides)

The RC appears to be one of MB’s trademark multi-part relay race:

It includes running through the woods…

Rob and Zoe either running together or making a hand-off…

Gina grabbing a paddle during the Outrigger race leg…

Running toward the water…

Gina racing in a two-person outrigger canoe with…

…Kathy pictured here.

Neleh and Paschal cheering on Gina and Kathy as they race against…

…John and Robert.

So, what have we got…

It appears that in the RC Neleh and Paschal will racing through the woods against Rob and Zoe.

They will hand off to Kathy and Gina, who will race in the Outrigger leg against Robert and John,
As Neleh and Paschal cheer them on.

Sean, Vee, and Tammy will probably sit out the RC, which means they must compete in the Immunity Challenge that John wants them to throw?

John speaking about the IC, …”It would be better if we actually lost this challenge…”

Will John insist on competeing in the IC and have Rob (his arch rival) sit out along with Zoe and Robert?

Does Rob have stupid written on his forehead?

Krautboy

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Episode 6 Reward Challenge survivorscott 03-30-02 1
 RE: Episode 6 Reward Challenge George Tirebiter 03-30-02 2
   RE: Episode 6 Reward Challenge cowboyroo 03-31-02 3
 RE: Episode 6 Reward Challenge Bungler 03-31-02 4
   RE: Episode 6 Reward Challenge Krautboy 04-01-02 5
   RE: Episode 6 Reward Challenge Momto4QTs 04-03-02 15
 Spidey's Post... IceCat 04-01-02 6
   RE: Spidey's Post... Spidey 04-01-02 7
       RE: Spidey's Post... Solitaire 04-01-02 8
           RE: Spidey's Post... Krautboy 04-01-02 9
               Bump weltek 04-03-02 10
 Where's tahitigal? dabo 04-03-02 11
   don't see it weltek 04-03-02 12
   RE: Where's tahitigal? Java 04-03-02 13
       RE: Where's tahitigal? I_AM_HE 04-04-02 29
   RE: Where's tahitigal? dabo 04-03-02 14
   I'm still here! tahitigal 04-04-02 17
 RE: Episode 6 Reward Challenge samboohoo 04-04-02 16
 RE: Episode 6 Reward Challenge Bungler 04-04-02 18
   RE: Episode 6 Reward Challenge Amily 04-04-02 19
       RE: Episode 6 Reward Challenge SurvivinDawg 04-04-02 20
           RE: Episode 6 Reward Challenge Amily 04-04-02 21
 RE: Episode 6 Reward Challenge bongbear78 04-04-02 22
 RE: Episode 6 Reward Challenge Spidey 04-04-02 23
   RE: Episode 6 Reward Challenge on E... Loree 04-04-02 24
       RE: Episode 6 Reward Challenge on E... true 04-04-02 27
   RE: Episode 6 Reward Challenge bongbear78 04-04-02 25
       RE: Episode 6 Reward Challenge Spidey 04-04-02 28
   RE: Episode 6 Reward Challenge true 04-04-02 26

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

survivorscott 2191 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

03-30-02, 06:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail survivorscott Click to send private message to survivorscott Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Episode 6 Reward Challenge"
LAST EDITED ON 03-30-02 AT 06:22 PM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 03-30-02 AT 06:09 PM (EST)

forget what i said, i saw my mistake. have survivor day

George Tirebiter 2982 desperate attention whore postings

03-30-02, 07:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail George%20Tirebiter Click to send private message to George%20Tirebiter Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Episode 6 Reward Challenge"
LAST EDITED ON 03-30-02 AT 07:07 PM (EST)

Thanks for the housekeeping, Krautboy!

>It appears that in the RC Neleh and Paschal will racing through the woods against Rob and Zoe.
>They will hand off to Kathy and Gina, who will race in the Outrigger leg against Robert and
>John, As Neleh and Paschal cheer them on.

In other words, there's no way Rotu can lose the RC, as they physically outmatch the Marus the whole way. . . (AND I can't help but notice they've opted to keep Sean out of any rowing responsibilities--smart move!)

Do we have a clue what the IC is? I liked shakes' thought that it would be a simple trivia challenge, which John might try to throw. . .

And yes, I have already shown that Rob DOES have stupid written on his forehead; I guess everyone else has been too polite to clue him in yet.

GT

Choose your friends carefully.-Y. Arafat

Edited to toss in a jab at Sean.

cowboyroo 590 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

03-31-02, 05:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cowboyroo Click to send private message to cowboyroo Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Episode 6 Reward Challenge"
I'm thinking a trivia challenge would be a hoot to try to throw. A lot of the answers seem to be the ones you least likely think will be the answer. I would LOVE to see their faces if by trying to get them wrong, they get them right!

Bungler 497 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

03-31-02, 10:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bungler Click to send private message to Bungler Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Episode 6 Reward Challenge"

04-01-02, 00:51 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Krautboy Click to send private message to Krautboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Episode 6 Reward Challenge"
Bungler: You're the King!

Krautboy

Momto4QTs 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

04-03-02, 07:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Momto4QTs Click to send private message to Momto4QTs Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Episode 6 Reward Challenge"

Hey, peaking out from behind my lurker shield.

In the second cap (Pic 24) that Bungler posted... is that Neleh in the background behind Rob? If she is that far behind it should certainly clinch the belief that Rotu wins RC.

Slinky back to lurkdom.

IceCat 17415 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-01-02, 06:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail IceCat Click to send private message to IceCat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "Spidey's Post..."
Spidey made a post relevant to this discussion on a new thread that just got locked for house keeping reasons:

http://community.realitytvworld.com/boards/DCForumID2/2505.shtml

OUTSPOIL! OUTSPOOF! OUTRAGEOUS!

Spidey 6259 desperate attention whore postings

04-01-02, 06:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Spidey Click to send private message to Spidey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Spidey's Post..."
LAST EDITED ON 04-01-02 AT 06:33 PM (EST)

Thanks, IceCat. I hadn't seen this thread before. For simplicity's sake, the essence of my post was that this must be the IC, because Tammy is not participating and she sat out the last challenge (Ep. 5 IC). Unless, I have my sit-out rules wrong, it seems clear that this is the IC and the RC is one in which all can participate (Trivia, e.g.). Because otherwise, if the RC is also a challenge with "sit-outs," Robert, John and Tammy must participate. Then Vee or Sean would be violating the sit out rules for missing both the Ep. 6 RC and IC.

Does this make any sense to anyone else? I am really surprised none of our finest minds has addressed this. My only conclusion is that I am somehow confused (not too hard to do...)

(The explanation for the Kathy expression could be just the description of the IC, since the clothes are the same as the challenge shots and kathy would have known about Gabe at the RC.)

*Edited to add: IceCat - I love the sig pic you put on the locked thread. I am a technomoron, how do I get the pic from the locked thread?*

Solitaire 103 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

04-01-02, 06:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Solitaire Click to send private message to Solitaire Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Spidey's Post..."
>Thanks, IceCat. I hadn't seen
>this thread before. For
>simplicity's sake, the essence of
>my post was that this
>must be the IC, because
>Tammy is not participating and
>she sat out the last
>challenge (Ep. 5 IC).
>Unless, I have my sit-out
>rules wrong, it seems clear
>that this is the IC
>and the RC is one
>in which all can participate
>(Trivia, e.g.). Because otherwise,
>if the RC is also
>a challenge with "sit-outs," Robert,
>John and Tammy must participate.
> Then Vee or Sean
>would be violating the sit
>out rules for missing both
>the Ep. 6 RC and
>IC.

I'm wondering if perhaps the rule is that no one can sit out consecutive challenges in the same "episode". Because people *have* sat out an immunity challenge followed by a reward challenge (ex: Sean and Rob in Ep 4 IC and Ep 5 RC). In any case, the application of this rule seems to be rather inconsistent...and possibly only brought in to send Rotu to Tribal Council in Ep 5.

04-01-02, 08:08 PM (EST)
9. "RE: Spidey's Post..."
Solitaire, you're interpretation of the sit out rule must be correct, because otherwise,as you've pointed out, we've already had several violations.

The rule HAS been consistent if interpreted as you suggest...

Krautboy

weltek 16936 desperate attention whore postings

04-03-02, 01:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail weltek Click to send private message to weltek Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "Bump"
Bump, as a duplicate thread was started.

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings

04-03-02, 04:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "Where's tahitigal?"

Will someone with good eyes take a look at this and tell me whether Robert is paddling or not, I can't tell. It looks to me as if he may be getting into the canoe, perhaps slipping as he does so; or he may be paddling.

weltek 16936 desperate attention whore postings

04-03-02, 04:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail weltek Click to send private message to weltek Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "don't see it"
Sorry dabo, I just don't see how anyone could say that Robert is not paddling. It looks obvious that he is to me.

Java 519 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

04-03-02, 05:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Java Click to send private message to Java Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Where's tahitigal?"
It looks to me like he's steering - using his paddle as a rudder to keep the craft on course.

J A V A
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons,
for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

I_AM_HE 6123 desperate attention whore postings

04-04-02, 07:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail I_AM_HE Click to send private message to I_AM_HE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "RE: Where's tahitigal?"
java, i would expect the sternsman to be ruddering, but still paddling- on the other side of the canoe from the bowman.
that is why i'm not so sure rotu's gonna win this one

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings

04-03-02, 06:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Where's tahitigal?"
Thanks, weltek and Java. I can't see in either vidcap where Robert's paddle is actually going into the water. But I've had trouble before seeing some of the details others see in vidcaps, so I've decided it's better to just go ahead and ask the dumb questions (well, once in awhile, wouldn't want to get annoying with it).

Cap'n Zoe Just YoHoHoee!

tahitigal 10 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

04-04-02, 11:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail tahitigal Click to send private message to tahitigal Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "I'm still here!"
HI! I am still here lurking! Yes - I do agree that Robert does look like he is paddling.

samboohoo 17173 desperate attention whore postings

04-04-02, 10:23 AM (EST)
Click to EMail samboohoo Click to send private message to samboohoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Episode 6 Reward Challenge"
I would definately think these are reward challenge clips. Everybody wants to win a reward, so you would use your stronger players for it -- we all know Sean's weakness is the water. So I'm assuming that they do throw the IC by using the weaker players (Sean and Vee) for the IC.

Rob's "stupid" quote comes after the fact when he realizes they intentionally lost to set him up to be voted off at Tribal Council. And then maybe Rob tries to stir up trouble on the way to TC by telling the original Rotus that John was also trying to allign with him last week. This is in line with my theory that John gets voted off next week in the "True Lies" episode.

No offense meant to Tammy, we all know she's strong and will go to the final 2.

Bungler 497 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

04-04-02, 12:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bungler Click to send private message to Bungler Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Episode 6 Reward Challenge"
LAST EDITED ON 04-04-02 AT 12:49 PM (EST)

A couple new shots from today's Early Show. The last one seems to be a fly-over shot of a challenge course? Is it RC or IC? I don't see the tikis or beach anywhere, so who knows?

SORRY, gang, looks like these are all red herrings. Scurrying through tapes, I've discovered that the group hug shot is from Episode 5 (right after the new Mu's raided Rotu -- they're at Rotu in that shot, BTW), and the challenge course cap is from Ep 1.

Amily 88 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

04-04-02, 12:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Amily Click to send private message to Amily Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Episode 6 Reward Challenge"
Am I mistaken or is Paschal missing from the group hug photo? Possibly indicating his "sacrificial boot" as some are speculating?

SurvivinDawg 6816 desperate attention whore postings

04-04-02, 12:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivinDawg Click to send private message to SurvivinDawg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Episode 6 Reward Challenge"
LAST EDITED ON 04-04-02 AT 12:28 PM (EST)

Uhhh, isn't that Paschal with his back to us? The blue shirt is something of a giveaway....

Edited to add: As always, Bungler, thanks for the caps!

*** Contradictions don't exist. If you are faced with a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong. -- Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Amily 88 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

04-04-02, 12:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Amily Click to send private message to Amily Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Episode 6 Reward Challenge"
Sorry - looking quickly I thought it was Neleh (with the hair coming out of the buff) but I now realize she is just next to him. I apologize - I'll stick to lurking.

bongbear78 31 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

04-04-02, 04:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bongbear78 Click to send private message to bongbear78 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Episode 6 Reward Challenge"
LAST EDITED ON 04-04-02 AT 07:19 PM (EST)

This isn't an attack on this spoiler, but a question, so keep the flames down please...

This whole theory banks on MB not mixing footage? How do we know whether the footage of the race is RC or IC? Yes, judging by Kathy's reaction, when they are standing on the beach it is for the Reward Challenge, but it IS only a promo, and they are quite often edited for excitement value only...

I'm just seriously hoping that Gina gets to stay by some miracle, cause she's one cool #####!

Bongbear

"If you're not wasted, the day is."

EDITED TO ADD: YES, the relay race is indeed the reward challenge. Access Hollywood just revealed that the relay race has a reward of food on some silver platter. I was wrong.

04-04-02, 05:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Spidey Click to send private message to Spidey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: Episode 6 Reward Challenge"
If this has been posted by someone already, I apologize, but I haven't seen it.

Look at vid cap 2 in Krautboy's post. Kathy is shocked. We all think it is because Gabe is gone. Then why are Gina, Paschal and Neleh looking in another direction, also with surprised looks on their faces? I seems to me that they may be looking at JP and Kathy is looking over to Rotu. (Even though Paschal's face is toward Rotu, his eyes are looking where Gina and Neleh are looking) Unless Kathy stays very shocked for a long time, wouldn't all 4 of them be looking over at Rotu if they were reacting to Gabe's departure?

Maybe JP just told them they won the challenge b/c of a disqualification? Or (even a further stretch) maybe they have just been told they've merged?

Why they would return to the mat after the challenge in the same position is beyond me, or maybe all of the Mara shots are from the post challenge announcement.

Is it just that Kathy is an over-emoter and can't let it go and get on with the business of the challenge? I'll be interested to see how this plays out tonight.

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

04-04-02, 05:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: Episode 6 Reward Challenge on ET"
I also thought it was odd that Gina is looking away from the Rotu tribe. But I just saw the ET preview on satellite. They show Jeff showing them a sample of the food they will win. Everyone is Ooohing and Ahhhing about it.

They call it a jungle relay race. It shows Rob and Pappy starting the race. Rob easily moves ahead of Pappy. Then Jeff is telling them they will win a meal.

true 9689 desperate attention whore postings

04-04-02, 06:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail true Click to send private message to true Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "RE: Episode 6 Reward Challenge on ET"
Thanks Loree...this got me thinking. Do you suppose that Paschals comments, at the end of the preveiw, relate to Maraamu winning the RC. What could be better for Paschal, than a picnic with 3 women?

true

True friends stab you in the front -Oscar Wilde

bongbear78 31 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

04-04-02, 05:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bongbear78 Click to send private message to bongbear78 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: Episode 6 Reward Challenge"
I think Kathy is just making a HUGE expression as a way to communicate with some of the original Rotu's, like "What the hell happened to Gabe?!?!" Everyone else is listening to the rules of the game.

Probst: "Ready Survivors? GO!!"

Kathy: "Wait! What are we doing again?"

But hey, you never know. Maybe she's just ogling a giant tub of Doritos and Mountain Dew.

Bongbear

"If you're not wasted, the day is."

04-04-02, 06:06 PM (EST)
28. "RE: Episode 6 Reward Challenge"
Either the "Kathy fixated on the food" or "fixated on getting her message of shock across to Rotu" scenario makes perfect sense. Much more than gathering back on the mat after the RC.

But I have a sneaking feeling Rotu is disqualified anyway, whether or not they did anything wrong and Mara gets the picnic. And think how much father it will go for 4 than for 7!

true 9689 desperate attention whore postings

04-04-02, 05:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail true Click to send private message to true Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: Episode 6 Reward Challenge"
LAST EDITED ON 04-04-02 AT 05:58 PM (EST)

I don't think you're crazy spidey. Those pictures have been bothering me too. Look at Kathy's hair, it looks all wet. Her shirt too. What I don't get, is why would they be on the mats if it was post- challenge. I think this shot is something other than Maraamu seeing that Gabe is gone. What that someting is, I don't know. I am guessing that something happens in the challenge, resulting in a Maraamu win. Neleh and Gina both are smiling. Pappy makes a happy comment too. Rotu doesn't look as happy on their mat. (especially Rob) Maybe Rob screws it up.

edited to add- I got interupted while writing this, and Loree answered my questions. Thanks Loree.

true

True friends stab you in the front -Oscar Wilde

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •