The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Future of Spoiling"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

survivorloser 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

03-30-02, 00:00 AM (EST)
Click to EMail survivorloser Click to send private message to survivorloser Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Future of Spoiling"
I'm not sure why it's not been highlighted in this board, but due to the Acme Brain Trust's insider info, the spoiler game is kinda spoiled. It looks like the attempts at understanding the dynamics of the game are pointless, when ABT knows the results hours before the episode and lets the world knows about it. Despite claims otherwise, I'm assuming that most people on this board that voted for Gabe to be booted before the last episode did so because of ABT's predictions. Admit it,at least. There was simply no logical reason to do so otherwise - it made no sense for Rutu to turn on itself so early in the game, and they wouldn't have done so if John hadn't developed a heightened sense of paranoia.
In any case, I for one am sorry that acme seems to have all the answers - it takes out the fun of spoiling and speculation.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 hey survivorloser shakes the clown 03-30-02 1
 RE: Future of Spoiling TechNoir 03-30-02 2
 RE: Future of Spoiling idiotcowboy 03-30-02 3
 RE: Future of Spoiling SurvivinDawg 03-30-02 4
 RE: Future of Spoiling SurvivorBlows 03-30-02 5

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

shakes the clown 3366 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

03-30-02, 00:20 AM (EST)
Click to EMail shakes%20the%20clown Click to send private message to shakes%20the%20clown Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "hey survivorloser"
...you're clearly an idiot.

To the rest of you on the board who might read this thresd and be tempted to flame this moron.....don't waste your time, it ain't worth it. Simply refer to the above four word response and know that there is nothing further that needs to be said.

Bleu men, you may lock now.

TechNoir 9741 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-30-02, 00:34 AM (EST)
Click to EMail TechNoir Click to send private message to TechNoir Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Future of Spoiling"
LAST EDITED ON 03-30-02 AT 00:38 AM (EST)

It is interesting how often those among us who want to say something either seemingly controversial or just inane adopt a "new" identity to do it. But be that as it may, yes that feed
from Nova Scotia has absolutely ruined it for the rest of us. I don't understand why more of us don't just pay to get the early feed instead of continuing these futile attempts at spoiling.

As for us, we just lemming-like follow their predictions. That is why hundreds -- no thousands -- of us have a perfect record on Spoiler Island.

Well then there is Kokoro's well reasoned analysis and "preview" vote for Gabriel that he posted on Tuesday night at 11:53, well before ABTs prediction. You can read it here: http://community.realitytvworld.com/boards/DCForumID2/2465.shtml#11 Many folks found his reasoning compelling.

I had my own reasons. I have a few personal theories that came into play. I found the movement of many folks to Gabe one of many negative influences in my final decisions. So, Survivorloser, just because you believe that "There was simply no logical reason to do so" doesn't mean that others can't find very good reasons.

Too bad that you no longer enjoy spoiling though ---- I think it's great fun.

Edited to note that Shakes said it very well. Our posts just overlapped.

60 Pixel Series, No. 2

idiotcowboy 1135 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

03-30-02, 00:38 AM (EST)
Click to EMail idiotcowboy Click to send private message to idiotcowboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Future of Spoiling"
The ABT has had a pretty good season so far, but they have not been perfect. Take last night for example they missed the RC. Don't know what you're implying though as there were many people who are not ABT and who picked Gabe long before any official picks were posted from anyone. Including myself. Did it make the most sense from a game logic perspective? No. Did it make sense from a number of unrelated spoilers that have been general knowledge on all spoiler boards? Yes. Does ABT have more info than the rest of us? I don't know, but does it matter? Not to me it doesn't as I am convinced that there has been enough information to make the right call every week without any "insider" info. Just because you didn't see it is no reason to ding those who have.

My advice, if you truly believe that ABT has an inside source and you don't want to know what they think, avoid the spoiler boards on Thursdays afternoons.

-ICB

SurvivinDawg 6816 desperate attention whore postings

03-30-02, 09:10 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivinDawg Click to send private message to SurvivinDawg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Future of Spoiling"
>Despite claims otherwise, I'm assuming
>that most people on this
>board that voted for Gabe
>to be booted before the
>last episode did so because
>of ABT's predictions.

Well, you know what they say about people who "assume"....

*** Contradictions don't exist. If you are faced with a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong. -- Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

SurvivorBlows 15230 desperate attention whore postings

03-30-02, 04:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorBlows Click to send private message to SurvivorBlows Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Future of Spoiling"
LAST EDITED ON 03-30-02 AT 05:02 PM (EST)

Ya, all bow before the mighty ABT... gimme a break.

Just because you didn't see a good reason for a Gabe boot, doesn't mean that dozens of folks here didn't. Anyways, if your so concerned about Acme's possible influence, then there's a simple solution -- don't go online on Thursday afternoon and make your own decisions before then. So far the answers to every boot this season where there if you looked hard enough -- there's a reason why many folks here have correctly predicted 4 of the 5 bootees, including many predictions for Hunter, Sara, and Gabe that were posted days before the ABT released anything.

Btw the way, for the record, it doesn't appear like this is an existing user in disguise.

Locking this thread...

-SB

Unlock | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •