The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"AI Messing up my DVR Recordings Rant!"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

CattyChat 3379 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

03-19-08, 08:17 AM (EST)
Click to EMail CattyChat Click to send private message to CattyChat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"AI Messing up my DVR Recordings Rant!"
I'm sorry, but I felt the need to rant about American Idol's continuing screwed up airing times.

It's bad enough when the show goes over the time block that is imbedded in my DVR, cutting off the very end of a show. That annoys me to no end. Now, they have added a new way to tick me off. For two weeks in a row, the results night starts, not at 9:00, but at 8:58!!!!

What the heck is this all about? It screws up my carefully planned DVR recording schedule, by creating conflicts with my 8:00-9:00 show recordings. Two weeks in a row, I had to go in and manually change the time for recording AI to 9:00, cutting out the first two minutes.

Granted, the first few minutes consists of opening credits, filler and annoying yammering by Seacrest, but that's not the point. The point is screwing with my recording schedule for no good reason than to annoy the heck out of me and taking precious time out of my life to make the necessary changes so I don't come home to find shows aren't recorded because of the conflict.

Sorry about this, but I needed to vent. AI keeps pushing my buttons more every season. Like last night with the even more shameless product pimping. I've had it!!!

Unfortunately, I can't help myself but to continue tuning in each week.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: AI Messing up my DVR Recordings... Snidget 03-19-08 1
 RE: AI Messing up my DVR Recordings... TxMom2011 03-19-08 2
   RE: AI Messing up my DVR Recordings... zazzy 03-19-08 3
       RE: AI Messing up my DVR Recordings... TxMom2011 03-21-08 5
           RE: AI Messing up my DVR Recordings... Snidget 03-21-08 6
           RE: AI Messing up my DVR Recordings... zazzy 03-21-08 7
   RE: AI Messing up my DVR Recordings... CattyChat 03-19-08 4
 RE: AI Messing up my DVR Recordings... Colonel Zoidberg 03-21-08 8

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Snidget 44369 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-19-08, 08:26 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: AI Messing up my DVR Recordings Rant!"
LAST EDITED ON 03-19-08 AT 08:28 AM (EST)

Yep, the 2 minutes early thing is uber annoying. I also hate the some shows are always 2 minutes over thing. Grrr.

And it isn't like they have anything they need to DO with that extra two minutes. I mean they have a grand total of...
*starts stop watch*
*says blank you are going home*
*stops stop watch*
...1.37 seconds of actual content to cram into an hour, why do they need 2 extra minutes?

AND like it would KILL he local news peeps to be a minute or two late.

You'd think they could add 2 minutes of commercials to "The Moment of Truth" and no one would notice if they need to cut a couple of minutes out because the Mark Dude just can't do a whole 42 minutes per show anymore.

I know it is some evil plot to screw with other networks, and Fox and AI ain't the only peeps pulling this carp, but it needs to stop, and it needs to stop NOW!

TxMom2011 188 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

03-19-08, 10:36 AM (EST)
Click to EMail TxMom2011 Click to send private message to TxMom2011 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: AI Messing up my DVR Recordings Rant!"
It annoys me too. BUT... I think they do it BECAUSE they know we are not watching live but DVR'ing and FF through all of the commercials and other JUNK they air each nite.

AI is not the only show doing it either. I always miss the end of programs on Bravo too (Top Chef - Project Runway) I've gotten to the point of recording the shows that run behind them too so I can see the end results.

It's bad enough I have to pay $130 a month for in home entertainment (Cable/DSL) but then to screw up start times... AND ... while I am on the subject... I REALLY HATE those stupid little mini commercials that show at the bottom of the screen while I am WATCHING a show!!!

It used to be cable was a plus because there were no commercials... now all channels have commercials!

zazzy 4390 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

03-19-08, 02:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail zazzy Click to send private message to zazzy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: AI Messing up my DVR Recordings Rant!"
Mini commercials? I don't think we have that where I live..what does it look like--it is where they do the crawl for breaking news or some bad weather announcement?

-----

The way they do the screwy start times may have something to do with selling advertising. I think they are able to claim "prime time" ad prices for the ads that run right before the show starts. Advertisers know that people turn channels right at the hour so they may request to not be placed at the 7:58-8:00 time slot and be charged prime time for it. So, by starting the show a couple of minutes early, they can cram the ads somewhere else in the show, getting true prime time price for them.

TxMom2011 188 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

03-21-08, 12:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TxMom2011 Click to send private message to TxMom2011 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: AI Messing up my DVR Recordings Rant!"
Mini commercials ...

They will have some show advertised in the lower corners. For instance they will show a character from some show with a gun drawn looking for someone....

No one else sees these?

Do I need meds???

Snidget 44369 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-21-08, 12:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: AI Messing up my DVR Recordings Rant!"
I've seen those.

Really annoying. But it is the price we pay for being able to skip commercials. They find ways to make it so they exist during the shows.

zazzy 4390 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

03-21-08, 01:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail zazzy Click to send private message to zazzy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: AI Messing up my DVR Recordings Rant!"
Oh those! Yes, we have those annoying corner ads, too. I was thinking of ads for Pine-Sol or Hertz or something, lol.

And yes, I hate the text covering up everything on the bottom of the screen--just forget it when there are both school closings AND breaking news! Then 1/3 of the screen is gone.

CattyChat 3379 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

03-19-08, 02:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CattyChat Click to send private message to CattyChat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: AI Messing up my DVR Recordings Rant!"
Man, I hate those banner adverts too. It never fails that the stupid banner comes on and covers up some text on the show I am watching. I like reading the acting credits on a tv show to see who I might be guest-starring in the episode -- covered up. In a show where they put on the screen some important info relating to a scene -- covered up.

I know what fricking channel I am watching, so quit reminding me every 30 seconds and obstructing my view!!

Colonel Zoidberg 3662 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

03-21-08, 02:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Colonel%20Zoidberg Click to send private message to Colonel%20Zoidberg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: AI Messing up my DVR Recordings Rant!"
I'd be more upset that AI's canceling my recording of Wife Swap, but from what I've read of it, Wife Swap sucks this season, so Godspeed AI.

Beyond that, yes, it's stupid, and I think that's kind of what they're trying to do is to sabotage other networks, knowing people have lower priority shows recording from 8-9 and those won't record. It's genius, and it's sparing me from a suck-tastic season of Wife Swap, but it's still evil.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •