The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Gabe's Chat Highlights"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

travelingbetty 296 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

03-29-02, 06:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail travelingbetty Click to send private message to travelingbetty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Gabe's Chat Highlights"
Below is Gabe's Chat Highlights lifted from Survivorfever.net.

<http://survivorfever.net/final_chat_gabe.html>

I was in on the chat and this is very accurate but not verbatim.

+++++++++

From your audition video it appears that competition was one of your main drives in coming on Survivor. However this appears to be in contridiction to your "let's see how living with 8 strangers" theory and "I am not playing the game" theory. What was your agenda?
Survivor is a very different type of game than I've ever played because the currency is people. You're voting people out of your life. That's a much harder kind of competition and for me it wasn't worth it.

Would you have changed your strategy in the game if you were to play again or would you stick to your beliefs?
I wouldn't change anything.

Have you ever thought about how you may have taken somone's chances away, who needed the money, just so you could have a sociological experience?
I really need the money! But I think it was time for someone to go on Survivor for the experience and not the prize.

What did you think of the way John went against you? The two of you seemed tight.
John and I were very good friends out there and will remain friends. I was out there for the experience and John was out there for the game. I don't judge him for how he played.

Didn't you expect that you would be voted on after your altercation with John?
I knew all day that I would be voted off. Rob made it very clear that either I would have to form an alliance with the Maraamu or I would be voted off by all 7 of them

Can you tell us anything about Zoe? We don't see that much of her on the show.
Zoe was an incredibly strong and delightful person to be with. We talked alot about her son and shared some really great times.

Paschal said in previews that you were like his son. Did you feel that he was like your father?
The connection between Pappy and me is definitely familial but it's almost like brothers.

If you could choose one person from Survivor to never see or hear from again, who would it be?
I wouldn't do that. This is an experience that will permanently bond the 16 of us.

Who would you say you related to most on Rotu?
John, he and I were definitely the most alike out there on Rotu.

There has been much criticism of Sean and his attitude, bringing up the race issue. What do you think?
I think that is a topic that Sean will have to deal with. That's nobody's issue but his.

Can you address the rumors that your teeth were damaged?
I cracked one of my teeth all the way thru when we first started. I couldn't chew on the right side of my mouth.

Did you expect to not make it very far since you were just in it for the experience?
I never expected to win. I guess I thought my strategy would take me only to my first tribal council.

Did it make you mad seeing the old Rotu members raid your camp?
That was hilarious! Neleh, Paschal and Kathy knew where everything was.

There is a rumor that you and Sean knew each other prior to Survivor. Any idea how that rumor got started?
The rumor was started because Sean has been to the bar that I used to work at but so did Michael Rappaport. But we never interacted or hung out.

What will you do now?
I'll do what I've always done, focus on the journey and not the destination. Try something new, like adventure racing.

Does everyone who worked at Belly have great rhyming skillz? You and Boogie are da bomb.
That was the first rap of my life! I picked up a few skills from Mike Boogie.

I think that the most hurtful thing I saw last night was when John voted and said that you are undependable.
John was speaking in context of this game. That I was not going to help his alliance.

Did you tell Rob M. that you were going to vote for him. Because it looked like they were leaning towards John.
I asked Rob if I could vote for him after our conversation about my game. He was just a fall guy. I didn't want to vote for anyone.

Were you portrayed accurately?
You lose alot of editing, but I liked what I saw.

Of the previous Survivors voted off, who do you think deserves the most to be sent packing, who the least?
No one deserves to get voted off.

What made you decide to take your teddy bear?
I really wanted to take something that would remind me not to take it too seriously. I really wanted to take a journal and a noseflute.

During the raid, what was the most important item that was taken?
Our limes. Limes were like candy out there and it was our only fruit

Many people are saying that last night's reward challenge was a set up so you guys could lose. Do you believe that tiki was placed so that you couldn't see it well?
I don't know if it was placed so that we couldn't see it, and it hardly matters now.

Did you feel that your new tribe members worked as well as the ones that you lost?
Sean and Rob and Vee came from a very different tribe where they emotional and physical game dynamic was very different. It was a difficult adjustment for them.

Did you lose any weight and how much?
I lost 12 pounds. I lost 12 pounds on the island and gained 20 pounds back in a week. I had stretch marks on my stomach. I looked like a pregnant woman.

How much of the island did you get to explore?
You're pretty limited with a couple miles radius that you can explore. But what I saw was spectacular.

Who do you normally watch Survivor with on Thursdays and were they surprised to see you get voted off?
I usually watch by myself but it's such an influx of these emotions. My friends are all excited I was on the show. My Mom was very sad I got voted off but it's been so much fun for Celo my hometown.

Your hometown of Celo is an "alternative community". What exactly is that?
Celo is an alternative community with Quaker roots in the western mountains of North Carolina. An alternative community is a planned community where everyone shares similar ideals. To live there you have to apply and meet with members of the community. If you're accepted then it's land for free.

How would you compare Nuku Hiva with previous Survivor locations?
Beautiful! Magical forest to be living in.

What's the first thing you ate when you got back?
All I did was eat for 5 days. Mostly peanut butter and chocolate. You really miss the sweets.

Were you attracted to anyone on the island?
I wasn't attracted romantically to anyone but was attracted to everyone's dynamic personalities.

After the swap, Kathy said she could see you guys losing the challenge on purpose. Did you feel bad beating your tribemates?
Throwing a challenge never came up. I wanted to avoid tribal council.

Are you in NYC? What do you plan on seeing before returning home?
A Knicks game tonight and the Museum of Modern Art.

++++++++

I thought it was interesting that CBS let him address some internet rumors. There isn't a lot here and on the whole, he was very diplomatic in his answers. I also found it interesting that he didn't even think about throwing the EP4 challenge as he thought that would lead to an even earlier eviction for him.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Gabe's Chat Highlights SurvivinDawg 03-29-02 1
   RE: Gabe's Chat Highlights Solitaire 03-29-02 2
 My Question s_man 04-01-02 3

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

SurvivinDawg 6816 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-29-02, 06:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivinDawg Click to send private message to SurvivinDawg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Gabe's Chat Highlights"
Thanks for posting, TB!

I also noticed how SOME Spoiler material was addressed in this chat, but other material was not.

First, he apparently wasn't even asked about fellow bootees. Then he was asked if he was attracted to anyone and gave a very generic answer.

This is IMHO, but it seems his answer about the Sean/Belly connection was contrived at best (and an outright lie at worst).

NO details on what injury caused his tooth damage. Why is this such a secret?

The question of Sean's racial issues was carefully sidestepped.

Just some first impressions....

*** Contradictions don't exist. If you are faced with a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong. -- Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Solitaire 103 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

03-29-02, 08:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Solitaire Click to send private message to Solitaire Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Gabe's Chat Highlights"

>
>This is IMHO, but it seems
>his answer about the Sean/Belly
>connection was contrived at best
>(and an outright lie at
>worst).
>

This is also IMHO, but I think people are making too big a deal about this connection. Just because people are in close proximity to one another doesn't mean that they've ever met. Heck, I lived on the same street as my significant other since I was 10 and never met him or even knew he existed until I was 18 and we met through mutual friends (and it's not a very big street). Anyways, I think we saw from this episode that whether they knew each other or not, it didn't really help them out and it didn't lead to them creating an alliance.

s_man 579 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

04-01-02, 10:12 AM (EST)
Click to EMail s_man Click to send private message to s_man Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "My Question"
I, like a good spoiler wanna-be, ask several questions. Of course, these are all moderated, and the Survivor is only asked what See-B-S wants us to know. When I do get to be online for the chat (I've only seen about 4 live), I try to ask seemingly innocent questions that may get the Survivor to inadvertantly give us some info. I only got one answered by Gabe. It was:

What did you think of the way John went against you? The two of you seemed tight.
John and I were very good friends out there and will remain friends. I was out there for the experience and John was out there for the game. I don't judge him for how he played.

I was hoping for a little more in depth info about John's future plans / alliances, but, alas, no dice.

Oh well, these guys are well coached, and the more intelligent ones are very selfish with information.

Oh well, if protocal holds true, at least my "name" will make the CBS Survivor website.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •