The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"John's 'perfect world strategy' ? (from CBS website)"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

smokedog 1885 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

03-29-02, 01:58 AM (EST)
Click to EMail smokedog Click to send private message to smokedog Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"John's 'perfect world strategy' ? (from CBS website)"
In the CBS official ep. 5 summary, there is a clip of a Robfather confessional about the upcoming TC. A part of this confessional played on the broadcast.

Rob said that John came up to him to tell him he was safe. The plan was to vote out Gabe (which happened). John then told Rob that he was guaranteed a place on the jury because the plan was to win the next IC, and then pick off the remaining Maraamu members (the remainder of Gina/Kathy/Neleh/Paschal).

Here are some things to consider:

1) John claims to be a man of his word. He said he would not write down Robert's name and made a blood oath/mother's life pact with Tammy. You can assume that he will hold true to everything he says because he is basically telling everyone where they stand. If he appears deceitful, everyone will turn on him, because he is making promises to everyone.

2) The last stumbling block to the plan is that they must win the next IC. If they don't, who will they vote out? On the CBS website, the preview for next week says someone on Rotu will try to get the team to throw the challenge. This is contradictory to the master plan, so either it is a red herring or not John's idea. There is also Rob's " See stupid on my forehead?" tiff with John.

3) There is the Gabe's mom rumor floating around that Gabe thinks the world of Gina or something to that effect. If John's strategy pans out, either Gina will be voted out in the Ep. 6 TC or she would be the first target of the merged tribe.

So the question is: Could this be a plausible scenario for how the game unfolds?

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: John's 'perfect world strategy'... Loree 03-29-02 1
   RE: John's 'perfect world strategy'... SurvivinDawg 03-29-02 2
       RE: John's 'perfect world strategy'... Cin 03-29-02 3
           RE: John's 'perfect world strategy'... Kokoro 03-29-02 4
 RE: John's 'perfect world strategy'... ShowMeTheWinner 03-29-02 5
 Gabe likes everyone mavsfan 03-30-02 6
   RE: Gabe likes everyone ShowMeTheWinner 03-30-02 7

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-29-02, 07:41 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: John's 'perfect world strategy' ? (from CBS website)"
If we believe Gabe's mom and Gabe and Gina did become great friends then it doesn't look good for Maraamu winning IC next week. Gabe would not have had much time with Gina if she makes the jury. And I can't see where Gina would be the biggest threat that they would vote her out first after the merge. Which means she should go next week. And I could see Rotu having a little panic and really wanting to win the challenges next week. They don't like losing and they did it twice in a row this week. Plus my guess is that nobody feels too confident now that they turned on their own and voted out Gabe. So the safe way to make the merge is to win that last IC. And isn't it time for another water-based challenge?

SurvivinDawg 6816 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-29-02, 08:54 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivinDawg Click to send private message to SurvivinDawg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: John's 'perfect world strategy' ? (from CBS website)"
LAST EDITED ON 03-29-02 AT 08:55 AM (EST)

Agreed. The whole premise of picking Gabe to be booted was so he could get to know Gina. The ONLY way he could get to know her now is for her to be on the pre-jury bootee list. That leaves one pre-merge and one post-merge episode (assuming the merge happens on time). I don't see Gina making it to the merge and THEN being voted off by everyone (they'd pick on Sean, Rob, Robert or John as strong challengers, or Kathy (remember her?) as the girl they all love to hate).

*** Contradictions don't exist. If you are faced with a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong. -- Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Cin 843 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

03-29-02, 11:00 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Cin Click to send private message to Cin Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: John's 'perfect world strategy' ? (from CBS website)"
The whole premise of
picking Gabe to be booted
was so he could get
>to know Gina.

How come Gina didn't get to know Hunter better then? I'm not betting Gina goes anytime soon.

Cin

Kokoro 3899 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

03-29-02, 01:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Kokoro Click to send private message to Kokoro Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: John's 'perfect world strategy' ? (from CBS website)"
LAST EDITED ON 03-29-02 AT 01:04 PM (EST)

Well, here's what Wanda had to say:

<<From hbeers01: I was completely thrown when Hunter was voted off Survivor last week. What about the romance we've all heard about? Is Gina going soon?
Let's just say they'll have plenty of time together before coming back home. It was a Loser Lodge courtship.

From Leisha: This week on Rosie, Hunter said he is not and never has been involved with Gina. What's up with that?
Apparently, Hunter's a private man when it comes to love. Let's just say it's not a "brother-sister relationship," as he said in other interviews, unless we're talkin' the back woods. I've heard from a very reliable source that they're "very close"--Gina has been out to visit Hunter a few times in San Diego, and she's planning on moving within the next month or so.>>

In addition to what Wanda said, Hunter may have been instructed not to talk about Gina, as it could have been inferred from his comments that they spent a lot of time together. (Despite Hunter being a pilot, I don't really see him popping down to Florida frequently enough for a serious relationship to develop)

----------------------------------------
Now let us never speak of S3 again.

Gabriel: "Alright, John! Go Straight! Straight!" - Um, Gabe?

ShowMeTheWinner 962 desperate attention whore postings

03-29-02, 01:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ShowMeTheWinner Click to send private message to ShowMeTheWinner Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: John's 'perfect world strategy' ? (from CBS website)"
I agree with you here. I would give more credit to the Gabe's mom interview over Hunter's interview just because Hunter might have been specifically told not to divuldge anything that will reveal the next bootees.

With Gabe's boot this episode, the New Rotus will probably be more nervous about their position and will not throw the IC as tribal lines aren't so clear anymore and they're better off sticking with their new tribes. The probabilty for Mara to win the next IC is very slim and coupled with the Gabe mom's interview spoiler and the rumored Kathy's visit to Hunter, I think Mara would lose the next episode's IC.

Made the wrong pick last episode coz I was busy and didn't check the boards too often but my personal boot pick is Gina for episode 6 and Kathy for episode 7.

Anyone else heard the rumor about Kathy being the first boot during the merge?

mavsfan 693 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

03-30-02, 03:31 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mavsfan Click to send private message to mavsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "Gabe likes everyone"
I don't think Gabe has it in him to say anything bad about a SURVIVOR player.

If Gabe hangs out with Hunter very much at all, his impresson of Gina will be positive, meet her or not.

When Gabe came back to the U.S. if his mom asked about his experiences he would talk positively about ALL of the players.
Even never having meet Gina, he would very likely talk about this GREAT girl on the other team that he thinks the world of, and wishes he could have gotten to know better.

ShowMeTheWinner 962 desperate attention whore postings

03-30-02, 03:48 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ShowMeTheWinner Click to send private message to ShowMeTheWinner Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Gabe likes everyone"
It's one thing to like someone and another thing to be gushing about that person. Doubt that he would be gushing about Gina if he hadn't seen her. Besides Gabe mom said that he talked about Gina non-stop and I don't think you have so much stuffs to say if all you heard was just from a third person perspective.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •