The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Remember when the cast truly needed help?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Starting Over General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

smokin 17 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

11-01-05, 02:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail smokin Click to send private message to smokin Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Remember when the cast truly needed help?"
Where's the passion? Where's the drama of saving lives? Remember when Josie showed up weeks before giving birth and she was living in her car? That was an example of the Starting Over house saving/changing a housemates life. Now, we have Lisa with her boring issue of being handed everything in life. It really bothers me that there are a lot of women out there who could really benefit from the Starting Over house and its resources, but the cast spots are wasted on unimportant and uninteresting individuals. Agree? Disagree?

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Remember when the cast truly ne... Pixeltalk 11-02-05 1
 RE: Remember when the cast truly ne... azsk8fan 11-12-05 2
   RE: Remember when the cast truly ne... summerwatcher 11-12-05 3

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Pixeltalk 644 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

11-02-05, 02:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Pixeltalk Click to send private message to Pixeltalk Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Remember when the cast truly needed help?"
I think Christina was in a pretty bad situation. I mean, she was hooking pretty recently. That is a really dangerous lifestyle. And Lisa is really in a soul-destroying situation, with her parents treating her like a combination pet/hired help. She doesn't seem to realize how serious it is, though.

azsk8fan 172 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

11-12-05, 01:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail azsk8fan Click to send private message to azsk8fan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Remember when the cast truly needed help?"
I think the main difference between Season 1 and Seasons 2/3 is that with Season 1 it was brand new and the housemates TRULY were in need of something in their life to help them 'start over'. Then comes Seasons 2/3 and many have learned how beneficial to their private life being on a reality show (of any kind) can be. Gone are the truly PURE intentions - now all are suspect as to why they are REALLY choosing to be in the House - do they really have issues and need to start over or are they simply looking for all the perks being on the show will bring them once they've 'graduated'. Once everyone sees how the graduates come up with websites, become available (probably for a fee) for a 'speaking engagement/appearance' , participate in many things under the 'graduate of starting over' heading - well one can only wonder what the REAL motives are now. I guess it's like anything else - the first is always the best because there are no pre-conceived notions, no visions of grandeur etc. For these reasons I think no other Season can ever be as 'real' or authentic as Season 1.

summerwatcher 14 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

11-12-05, 03:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail summerwatcher Click to send private message to summerwatcher Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Remember when the cast truly needed help?"
>I think the main difference between
>Season 1 and Seasons 2/3
>is that with Season 1
>it was brand new and
>the housemates TRULY were in
>need of something in their
>life to help them 'start
>over'. Once everyone sees how
>the graduates come up with
>websites, become available (probably for
>a fee) for a 'speaking
>engagement/appearance' , participate in many
>things under the 'graduate of
>starting over' heading - well
>one can only wonder what
>the REAL motives are now.
> I guess it's like
>anything else - the first
>is always the best because
>there are no pre-conceived notions,
>no visions of grandeur etc.
> For these reasons
>I think no other Season
>can ever be as 'real'
>or authentic as Season 1.
>
...and Nyanza

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •