The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Zoe Makes the Merge"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

NightScribe 761 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

03-28-02, 02:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail NightScribe Click to send private message to NightScribe Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Zoe Makes the Merge"
I just ran across the following article. Most of us suspected Zoe was in for the long haul, and now we know for certain that she's safe to make the merge.

Here's the article:

Thursday, March 28, 2002 (Portland Press herald) (Portland.com)
Survivor: Fans in Maine await fate of one of their own

Will Zoe win?

That's been the hot question ever since Zoe Zanidakis of
Monhegan Island became Maine's first contestant on the hit
CBS show "Survivor" in February. Local radio hosts pose it.
Office workers ask it. Transplanted Mainers e-mail one another about it.

Viewers will have to wait for their answer. The show's filming is done, so
someone has already won,but the winning episode won't be aired until May
19. Tonight at 8 p.m., CBS will air episode No.5 out of a total of 13.

The buzz has made the 35-year-old lobster boat captain an instant
celebrity, in Maine and around the country.

An Internet discussion group focusing solely on Zanidakis has sprung up,
so people anywhere can keep track of her.

She graces the pages of her very own calendar, "A Year In The Life of Zoe." The calendar went on sale last month and has garnered about 10,000
orders, from individuals and major retailers such as Borders and Barnes & Noble.
"We just shipped some calendars to California yesterday," said Jess Wiggin, owner of Jess's Market in the mid-coast city of Rockland, which sells Zanidakis' calendars and her lobsters. "She's getting some hats to sell, too. People come in here every day talking about her."

But no matter how much they talk about Zanidakis, people find the answer to the burning question is elusive.
Until May 19, only CBS and Zanidakis are supposed to know for certain how she did on the show. They know whether she won the $1 million prize or got voted off and when. And CBS makes contestants agree to not divulge the results to anyone.

The answer is not coming from Zanidakis. She has not returned calls to her home and her lobster boat phone. Wiggin and others says she is out of the country, in Australia for a couple of weeks, staying out of the media glare.

Zanidakis is one of 16 contestants on this current edition of the series, dubbed "Survivor: Marquesas." The 13 episodes were shot on the remote South Pacific island of Nuku Hiva before the show started airing Feb. 28.

The series calls on contestants to survive desolate conditions,a series of pre-determined challenges, and some vicious in-fighting. At the end of each episode someone is voted off the island with melodramatic flare.

But Zanidakis' rooters - ranging from first-time "Survivor" watchers to die-hard fans of the show - say her chances of winning are good. First of all, she's gotten very little camera time. In the past, "Survivor" contestants who get a lot of camera time early are often voted off early.

"I've noticed that people they focus on early can get voted off soon," said Jona Pillsbury of Portland. "She's staying out of the alliances and minding her own business. I think she has a good chance."

Another good sign for Zanidakis is that she's in Australia. Often when contestants get voted off the show, they appear on morning talk shows almost immediately, so it would seem she's not planning to be in New York or Los Angeles tomorrow.

Zanidakis also has been seen on "Survivor" trying to make peace between sparring contestants. That may help her avoid getting voted off early, since people will probably vote off the sparring parties first.

"I've seen her step in and be the peacemaker," said Amy York, an East Millinocket native now living in North Carolina. She's also a member of the Internet discussion group focusing on Zanidakis at
ZoeZanidakisMaineSurvivor@yahoogroups.com.
"I honestly believe she'll be there at the end. If you're stranded on an island," York said, "who better to be stranded with than a fisherman from Maine who lives on an island?"

And one who is not shy, either. Even before her "Survivor"
experience, Zanidakis was known in the community. Her
family for years owned the popular Monhegan House hotel,
and she was featured on the 2002 edition of the "Lobstering
Women of Maine" calendar.

Zanidakis also has her own Web site,
www.monheganzoe.com, where you can see her calendar
and read about her. The Web site says that other products
and information about "Survivor" are coming. The site has a
link to Jess's Market, where people can order her $15
calendars.

Zanidakis's calendar actually was planned before she got on
"Survivor." Carol Amore, a New York-based wildlife
photographer and filmmaker, met Zanidakis while
vacationing in Maine last summer. She was impressed with
Zanidakis' lifestyle and her philosophies, and the two created
the calendar that mixes shots of Zanidakis at work and play,
with her thoughts on life. In one photo, Zanidakis appears to
have no clothes on, but she is only viewed from the back,
seated on a rock.

Amore ended up video-taping Zanidakis' "Survivor" audition
tape and is also working on a film about the Monhegan
fishing fleet that will include Zanidakis.

Amore says she also thinks the calendar will get a boost in
sales in the summer, when Maine is full of tourists.

But "Survivor" will be over by summer and the winner will
be known. A winner would sell more calendars than a loser,
wouldn't she?

"I'm not supposed to talk about that," Amore said.

Maybe she's not talking, but the rest of us are. And we'll
keep talking until Zanidakis is off that show, one way or the
other.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Zoe Makes the Merge MikeD 03-28-02 1
 RE: Zoe Makes the Merge Loree 03-28-02 2
   RE: Zoe Makes the Merge Spidey 03-28-02 3
 RE: Zoe Makes the Merge JohnMc 03-29-02 4

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

MikeD 344 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

03-28-02, 04:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MikeD Click to send private message to MikeD Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Zoe Makes the Merge"
Who's Zoe?

(im kidding)

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-28-02, 05:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Zoe Makes the Merge"
I find it interesting that MB would let Zoe so publicly go to Aurstralia. He always tries to hide their travel plans so we don't know when they will show up in New York for The Early Show. But it is also news if a contestant is out of the country and can't be on The Early Show that week meaning they are safe. Is her return date really correct?

Spidey 6259 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-28-02, 05:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Spidey Click to send private message to Spidey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Zoe Makes the Merge"
I think MB knew it would be pretty obvious that Zoe makes the merge by this point, so what's the harm in letting her go away.

Unless of course she is in NY right now, waiting for her appearance tomorrow and the whole Austrailia story is a cover. Just don't see it happening though.

JohnMc 2679 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

03-29-02, 11:05 AM (EST)
Click to EMail JohnMc Click to send private message to JohnMc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Zoe Makes the Merge"
Now that she's in w/the Rotu alliance, it is definitely "game on." She definitely makes the merge.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •