The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"CBS Email "New Sneak Preview Video""
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

SurvivorBlows 15230 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-28-02, 10:27 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorBlows Click to send private message to SurvivorBlows Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"CBS Email "New Sneak Preview Video""
LAST EDITED ON 03-28-02 AT 11:41 AM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 03-28-02 AT 10:30 AM (EST)

OK, I looked over the topics, and I couldn't see this having been discussed anywhere yet, but if I'm wrong I'll lock my own thread...

Did anyone else get another CBS email last evening (3/27) containng a link to a "new sneak preview video?"

The email has a link to:

http://www.cbs.com/primetime/postcards/03_2002_surv/sv_flat.shtml

...in the video, they mention an "all you can eat Survivor buffet" (although it doesn't look like a RC prize, it just looks like Maraamu finds a decent amount of seafood -- and hopefully Neleh learns to COOK her shellfish this time before smashing them.)

But they also show Gabriel sitting on a log and trying to rap while the rest of the group sits around and "dances" along...

...could this be a sign that Sean and Rob have brought Mara's dumb "morning show" over to Rotu?

...and does it mean anything that Gabe is shown doing an decidedly un-worklike activity? (is Rotu no longer the forced labor camp?)

...have Rob and Sean gained some influence?

...and is having to listen to Gabe rap, the "end of the innocence?"

-SB

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: CBS Email "New Sneak Preview Vi... weltek 03-28-02 1
   RE: CBS Email "New Sneak Preview Vi... Drive My Car 03-28-02 12
 RE: CBS Email "New Sneak Preview Vi... kdzgon 03-28-02 2
 RE: CBS Email "New Sneak Preview Vi... true 03-28-02 3
   RE: CBS Email "New Sneak Preview Vi... SurvivorBlows 03-28-02 6
 RE: CBS Email "New Sneak Preview Vi... Stolimadras 03-28-02 4
   RE: CBS Email "New Sneak Preview Vi... Blueville 03-28-02 9
 RE: CBS Email "New Sneak Preview Vi... Dalton 03-28-02 5
   RE: CBS Email "New Sneak Preview Vi... true 03-28-02 7
   RE: CBS Email "New Sneak Preview Vi... Bebo 03-28-02 8
   RE: CBS Email "New Sneak Preview Vi... SurvivinDawg 03-28-02 10
       Early merge smiley 03-28-02 11
           RE: Early merge SaveGina 03-28-02 13

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

weltek 16936 desperate attention whore postings

03-28-02, 10:40 AM (EST)
Click to EMail weltek Click to send private message to weltek Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: CBS Email "New Sneak Preview Video""
Please don't make me listen to that again. Gabe reminded me of Vanilla Ice or something.

Anyway, my only thought was on the Survivor "feast". If Rotu gets to raid Marramu's camp, they could put together quite a feast back at camp. Neleh was gushing over how much better food Marramu had. Pair the two teams food sources together and you've got a feast. It has been spoiled that Marramu finds crabs and it's a big deal. Maybe it turns out to be an especially big deal because Rotu comes to take their newfound food source.

Also, this challenge gives a chance to see both camps that some contestants haven't gotten. This could help set up the merge camp choice.

Drive My Car 20045 desperate attention whore postings

03-28-02, 04:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Drive%20My%20Car Click to send private message to Drive%20My%20Car Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: CBS Email "New Sneak Preview Video""
>>Please don't make me listen to that again. Gabe reminded me of Vanilla Ice or something.

Actually he sounded just like Mike Boogie trying to rap on Big Brother2.

EBug

kdzgon 60 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

03-28-02, 10:41 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kdzgon Click to send private message to kdzgon Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: CBS Email "New Sneak Preview Video""
I have seen this promo on tv, and there are some vidcaps of the crab nest, but I have not seen a discussion of the entire preview. Upon seeing the rapping my impression was that Sean is definitely fitting in better than what we are shown.

As to the seafood, isn't that Kathy that yelps? (Who wears that gold ring on her center finger?) If so, do both tribes have crabs, or does one tribe gain some in the raid?

true 9689 desperate attention whore postings

03-28-02, 10:43 AM (EST)
Click to EMail true Click to send private message to true Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: CBS Email "New Sneak Preview Video""
>>in the video, they mention an "all you can eat Survivor buffet" (although it doesn't look like a RC prize, it just looks like Rotu finally finds a decent amount of seafood and maybe Rob, from Boston, finally suggests to the Rotu folks that they COOK their shellfish before eating it -- although why Zoe never suggested this before, I still don't know.)<<

I think the buffet refers to Maraamu's food find, as described in the preview-

The new Maraamu celebrates its discovery of a new source of food.

>>But they also show Gabriel sitting on a log and trying to rap while the rest of the group sits around and "dances" along...

This makes me think that perhaps Gabe is getting along well with his new tribemates. This could make the rest of old Rotu worry that Gabe could switch sides. Looks bad for Gabe.

true

True friends stab you in the front -Oscar Wilde

SurvivorBlows 15230 desperate attention whore postings

03-28-02, 11:39 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorBlows Click to send private message to SurvivorBlows Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: CBS Email "New Sneak Preview Video""
>>>in the video, they mention an "all you can eat Survivor buffet" (although it doesn't look like a RC prize, it just looks like Rotu finally finds a decent amount of seafood and maybe Rob, from Boston, finally suggests to the Rotu folks that they COOK their shellfish before eating it -- although why Zoe never suggested this before, I still don't know.)<<
>
>I think the buffet refers to
>Maraamu's food find, as described
>in the preview-

Woops, my bad, I saw the shot of Neleh and still thought Rotu instead of Mara.

-SB

Stolimadras 40 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

03-28-02, 11:12 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Stolimadras Click to send private message to Stolimadras Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: CBS Email "New Sneak Preview Video""
LAST EDITED ON 03-28-02 AT 11:13 AM (EST)

I agree it looks like Sean has moved in a bit

This pick shows that at least Rotu won IC, and it seems to be after the swap.

Maybe se even won it on her own, I am trying to grab better picks of the others faces

Sorry my server is slow at times

Blueville 115 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

03-28-02, 11:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Blueville Click to send private message to Blueville Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: CBS Email "New Sneak Preview Video""
That picture is from Ep. 4 IC. Vee held the immunity idol aloft after they won the tapestry challenge. It is not from this weeks show.

Blue

Dalton 1271 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

03-28-02, 11:25 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Dalton Click to send private message to Dalton Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: CBS Email "New Sneak Preview Video""
Interesting to note that the text of the CBS Email said:

"MARGUESAS returns to Thursday this week with an
all new episode which marks the End of Innocence
for BOTH tribes!"

Most of us were expecting the "End of Innocence" title to refer only to Rotu; but....hmmmm?

Dalton

true 9689 desperate attention whore postings

03-28-02, 11:44 AM (EST)
Click to EMail true Click to send private message to true Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: CBS Email "New Sneak Preview Video""
Yes, funny how they tweaked the wording. I think that Rotu wins the RC, after all, they have a lot more to lose in a raid. That could fit Maraamu's loss of innocence. I still believe that Rotu loses innocence when they have to go to their first IC.

true

True friends stab you in the front -Oscar Wilde

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings

03-28-02, 11:45 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: CBS Email "New Sneak Preview Video""
LAST EDITED ON 03-28-02 AT 11:51 AM (EST)

This lends credence to the theory that the post-reward tribe raid leads to some harsh feelings that would end the innocence of original Rotu. Couple that with Rotu's first trip to TC, and you have an end to the innocence for both tribes.

edited to comment that True and I were typing at the same time...

Time to make sure I've picked a Rotu RC, Maraamu IC on spoiler island...

SurvivinDawg 6816 desperate attention whore postings

03-28-02, 11:52 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivinDawg Click to send private message to SurvivinDawg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: CBS Email "New Sneak Preview Video""
Thanks for posting this, Dalton! It is really interesting to me because it could mean an EARLY MERGE.

Then again, it probably doesn't.

*** Contradictions don't exist. If you are faced with a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong. -- Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

smiley 2009 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

03-28-02, 02:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail smiley Click to send private message to smiley Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "Early merge"
That's a good point Dawg and quite valid looking at the pointers they have given us this week. End of innocence for both tribes means everyone must now fend for themselves. A survivor "feast" may also indicate they merge since isn't that what they all do on the first night?

SaveGina 10 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

03-28-02, 04:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SaveGina Click to send private message to SaveGina Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Early merge"
Another intersting point - you know the IC that has to do with the blindfolds? Well, we see John walking around by himself which could mean that it is every-man-for-himself..hmm..

Unlikely, though.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •