The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Episode 7 Title--"True Lies""
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

sweetpea 223 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

03-26-02, 01:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sweetpea Click to send private message to sweetpea Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Episode 7 Title--"True Lies""
Got this from survivorsucks where there is a poster who is able to get the title's before released to tvguide.

http://www.planetsucksinteractive.com/messageboard.html

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Episode 7 Title--"True Lies" MikeD 03-26-02 1
   Clip Show zzz 03-26-02 2
 Oxymoron? Seyz 03-26-02 3
 RE: Episode 7 Title--"True Lies" ConningOfficer 03-26-02 4
   spoiler?? Uncle_Fester 03-27-02 8
 connection to movie or not? weltek 03-27-02 5
 RE: Episode 7 Title--"True Lies" Kokoro 03-27-02 6
 RE: Episode 7 Title--"True Lies" Blueville 03-27-02 7
 RE: Episode 7 Title--"True Lies" JeffGator 03-27-02 9
 Bump Bebo 04-01-02 10
   RE: True Lies kdzgon 04-01-02 11
 RE: Episode 7 Title--"True Lies" samboohoo 04-01-02 12
   OR MAYBE MikeD 04-01-02 13
 RE: Episode 7 Title--"True Lies" SurvivinDawg 04-05-02 14
   RE: Episode 7 Title--"True Lies" Solitaire 04-05-02 17
 RE: Episode 7 Title--"True Lies" Bebo 04-05-02 15
   RE: Episode 7 Title--"True Lies" DeclaringJihadOnSurvivor 04-05-02 16
       RE: Episode 7 Title--"True Lies" Naked 04-05-02 20
   RE: Episode 7 Title--"True Lies" katem 04-05-02 18
 RE: Episode 7 Title--"True Lies" Spidey 04-05-02 19
 RE: Episode 7 Title--"True Lies" Kreskin 04-07-02 21
 Rob's comments about lies and truth sweetpea 04-08-02 22

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

MikeD 344 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

03-26-02, 01:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MikeD Click to send private message to MikeD Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Episode 7 Title--"True Lies""
Does this mean there isnt a clip show?

zzz 703 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

03-26-02, 02:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail zzz Click to send private message to zzz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "Clip Show"
No--the clip show is Episode 7.5--the week AFTER Episode 7.

Seyz 198 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

03-26-02, 05:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Seyz Click to send private message to Seyz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "Oxymoron?"
Oxymorons are hard to figure out. What could true lies possibly mean? A lie that started out as a lie, but ends up as the truth? or what? or what? ~~~~??????

ConningOfficer 585 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

03-26-02, 05:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ConningOfficer Click to send private message to ConningOfficer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Episode 7 Title--"True Lies""
Finally. Something with the same name that's even stupider than that awful Arnold Schwarzenegger-as-spy-dad flick. MB is sure scraping the bottom of the barrel this season... Come on, "The Winds Twist", "No Pain No Gain"?

I shudder to think what will happen with this episode.

Uncle_Fester 19 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

03-27-02, 05:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Uncle_Fester Click to send private message to Uncle_Fester Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "spoiler??"
One word: BASHER

weltek 16936 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-27-02, 12:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail weltek Click to send private message to weltek Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "connection to movie or not?"
It's been a long time since I've actually seen the movie. Bascially, didn't Arnie lie to his wife about his job? Could this mirror tribe dynamics? Does one person act as a "spy" and not tell his or her ally?

Possibilities:
Vee goes behind Rob/Sean's back to make new alliances
Kathy plays double agent with Gina & former Rotu, making Gina feel safe.
Gina strikes deal with Neleh & Paschal, but has to act like she's voting with Kathy for someone else.
Gina strikes a deal of some sort with new tribe members for the merge so that Rotu doesn't feel threatened by new "alliance" of the former Marramu.
We start to see actual alliances in Rotu and someone is playing double agent.

Lots of possibilities I guess. I'm sure someone has more they'll post.

Kokoro 3899 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

03-27-02, 03:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Kokoro Click to send private message to Kokoro Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Episode 7 Title--"True Lies""
Let's not forget something else obvious here: Has not the 7th episode always been called "The Merge(er)"? Just something else to think about....

----------------------------------------
Now let us never speak of S3 again.

Blueville 115 desperate attention whore postings

03-27-02, 04:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Blueville Click to send private message to Blueville Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Episode 7 Title--"True Lies""
Yet another possibility. This could be the episode in which the villan reveals himself/herself.

JeffGator 1401 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

03-27-02, 08:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail JeffGator Click to send private message to JeffGator Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Episode 7 Title--"True Lies""
I'm excited because this sounds like some lying and backstabbing will take place in this episode. I think we will find out who the villain is.
Here's a possible take on what will happen.
Neleh and Paschal make the merge, and the rest of Rotu tells them that they will be voting off a Maraamu player. Neleh and Paschal assume they are talking about one of the original maraamu left in the game (sean, rob, vee, or gina) but really they are talking about the newer maraamu and they vote out Pashcal or Neleh. This way they are lying but also telling the truth.

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings

04-01-02, 10:45 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "Bump"
Bumping to page 1, so it doesn't get lost.

kdzgon 60 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

04-01-02, 11:05 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kdzgon Click to send private message to kdzgon Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: True Lies"
This episode title makes me believe John cannot leave in Ep 6. Unless we see a lot of changes with the NewMoos this week, this title has to refer to Rotu, and John is integral to a story line that revolves around lies.

samboohoo 17173 desperate attention whore postings

04-01-02, 03:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail samboohoo Click to send private message to samboohoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Episode 7 Title--"True Lies""
John asked Gabe if Gabe would lie to stay in the game. Gabe admitted that he really wasn't there to play the game. John then alligns with Zoe, Tammy and Robert.

I think "True Lies" means that John would lie to stay in the game. Tammy, Zoe and Robert realize that and they vote John out before he can vote them out.

MikeD 344 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

04-01-02, 07:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MikeD Click to send private message to MikeD Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "OR MAYBE"
John isn't as lame as we think and he joins with Rob, Sean, and Vee...and votes all of the boring people off.

SurvivinDawg 6816 desperate attention whore postings

04-05-02, 09:29 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivinDawg Click to send private message to SurvivinDawg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Episode 7 Title--"True Lies""
Bump.

Now that Ep. 6 is over, I'd like to suggest that the true lies refers to Rob being lied to about being taken into the merge.

Perhaps John was speaking the truth and meant well when he told Rob that the "Rotu 4" would take them into the merge...

but the other three, Zoe, Tammy, Robert (the REAL "Rotu 3" that John THINKS he is part of, but in truth is not) then betray John by voting for Rob and eliminating The RobFodder from the game.
Hence "true lies".

*** Contradictions don't exist. If you are faced with a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong. -- Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Solitaire 103 desperate attention whore postings

04-05-02, 09:53 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Solitaire Click to send private message to Solitaire Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Episode 7 Title--"True Lies""
Dawg, that's exactly what I was thinking. John reminds me so much of Lex and the scenario you describe is much like when Lex promised Brandon a spot in the Final 5, but the other Borans joined with the Samburus to vote out Brandon.

Perhaps it's just wishful thinking because I'd love to see the Robfather gone, but I also think that it's a plausible explanation of the title.

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings

04-05-02, 09:40 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Episode 7 Title--"True Lies""
We're being shown a lot of circumstances revolving around lies.

- Rob knows that Zoe lied to his face in the last episode, and he's been confrontational with everyone about whether they are telling the truth or lying.
- Rob has also admitted in a confessional that he is lying to John in an attempt to gain his trust.
- Kathy states in the preview that Zoe is lying to her.

We also have a number of "truths" to consider.

- Rob says that Vee is no longer trustworthy because she's trying to distance herself from them and get in with the Old Rotu. Is she really, or is she just sick of the drama?
- John told Rob that he would vote off the New Maraamu before he voted off the New Rotu, but did he really mean it?
- John believes that the Rotu 4 will stick together until the end, but will they?

DeclaringJihadOnSurvivor 60 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

04-05-02, 09:49 AM (EST)
Click to EMail DeclaringJihadOnSurvivor Click to send private message to DeclaringJihadOnSurvivor Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Episode 7 Title--"True Lies""
In my meager mind
I see the title rather simply in the idea of the episode
We know(I think it's safe to assume since all of the new moo moo are old rotu) that John lied to Rob about voting off new moo moo first
And we know that Rob lied to John about the same
And both of them pretty much believe the other is lying
And MB seems to be making a big deal over this "deal"
So I think for this episode, we find out which lie..is true.
And my gut tells me Rob at the moment..
But what do I know?

Naked 887 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

04-05-02, 06:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Naked Click to send private message to Naked Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Episode 7 Title--"True Lies""
DJOS,

I had to respond to this because your name is so cool. You and one of our moderators...Ayak ... ought to get along well.

I agree with you that there is enough open lies out there right now for the title to be self explanitory. It is obvious to me from watching the series and the preview of the next Ep that Rob and Sean are going to try and expose the Rotu 4 alliance to the 3 new Moos. It will be successfull. N/P/K would have to be blind and stupid not to realize that J/T/Z/R are alligned,

This does not gaurantee a J/T/Z/R boot though. There are still plenty of scenarios that can play out in which either Rob or Kathy gets the boot, and the Evil alliace headed up by "Little Dique" still being split up later in the game.

katem 3315 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

04-05-02, 09:55 AM (EST)
Click to EMail katem Click to send private message to katem Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Episode 7 Title--"True Lies""
I think the "true lie" is that John told the truth to Rob, about not voting him out, to calm his nerves, when in reality he told the rest of his voting block that they were free to vote Rob out.

Spidey 6259 desperate attention whore postings

04-05-02, 03:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Spidey Click to send private message to Spidey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Episode 7 Title--"True Lies""
To me it seems clear that just about everyone is lying to everyone else and it all comes to a head. John is such an idiot. He was upfront with Rob about the Rotu 4 alliance, contradicting Zoe, and painting a tremendous bullseye on his back.

All Rob has to do after the merge (which I am sure he will do) is walk up to N/P/K and say "Go ask John if he has an alliance." John tells the truth he is f-ed. He lies and now he has broken his "truth" rule and they'll know it and he's f-ed.

Still think Rob goes this week, but John is soooo not in control.

Kreskin 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

04-07-02, 00:37 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Kreskin Click to send private message to Kreskin Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Episode 7 Title--"True Lies""
Long time listener, 1st time caller.

Just gonna get right to the point here....

The title "true lies" I believe refers to Zoe's "supposed" lie that there is no J/R/T/Z alliance. What if thats not a lie, but indeed the truth. I know Robert has said that the 4 of them have an alliance, and I think John has implicated the same as well, but we havent heard it from all of them. So,,,I think it is possible that there may not be an alliance between the 4 of them in one of their eyes. Hence, Zoe was not lying, but indeed, telling the truth (true lies).

What this means in regard to a spoiler is hard to finger. If one of the four is not "really" in the alliance, it could mean that said person could vote against someone in that alliance. Tammy said she couldn't throw an IC for them. To me, that doesn't sound like shes very tight with the alledged alliance and may join with R/S/V and possibly K/N/P (if they can convince them that Gabes boot was Johns idea) and vote against Prince John. Or it could mean that Zoe is INDEED not part of the alliance and could vote against them as well.

Anyways, just my 2 cents worth, but I do feel strongly that the title does point to Zoes statement that there is no alliance. Guess we'll find out next soon.

Kreskin

sweetpea 223 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

04-08-02, 08:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sweetpea Click to send private message to sweetpea Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "Rob's comments about lies and truth"
On the cbs.com video clip for last week's show, the one Rob Wants the Truth--he states that "I'll tell you that I'll be honest and truthful but I'll lie to your face. It's just a game, not real life"

I think that the title refers to Rob saying he is telling the truth about something but actually lieing to that person.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •