The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"show ends the 10th of aug"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Conferences Joe Schmo Forum (Protected)
Current Message

Esbea 7377 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

08-10-04, 09:28 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Esbea Click to send private message to Esbea Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
39. "RE: Response 2: Here to Sneer"
LAST EDITED ON 08-10-04 AT 11:45 AM (EST)

"Exactly! That's a 20% sarcasm reply rate. My posts complimenting the show have about an 80% NO-reply rate."

I have to say that after going back and researching that comment, I am confused at how you reached your conculsion. I found 2 posts on summaries where you pointed out things missed by the summarizer coupled with a "good job" type statement. Similar, I might point out, to many other posts on the threads that did not seem to warrant a reply. I found and pleasant exchange with Joisey on his summary. I found 2 replies to you on Tiger Lilys summary both noting that they agreed with you with regard to liking the show. Our exchanges here have been civil and postive, so Im not sure where your coming from with the (about) 80% figure.

"That really burned me up. Because when someone posts a short comment that appears pithy and tart, but which is also obscure, without explaining the reasoning behind it, the suggestion is that anyone as "smart" as them will immediately be able to unravel the thought processes that led to the comment, and everyone else isn't worth bothering to communicate with."

While the onus for clarity on this site lies with the poster, it seems to me that a whole lot is being read into what was posted.

"That superior attitude is infuriating to me. My only comfort is that with that kind of post, the probability that there is NO reasoning behind it is 50%. Because some people will say things like that just to appear smart. And there's a 100% probability that this person is a poor communicator."

This comment could be seen by some as a personal attack on a fellow poster, which the moderators take a very dim view of. I will give you the benefit of the doubt here and suggest that if you dont understand why someone posted something in particular, it might be less infuriating to ask them what they meant or why they are taking a certain position rather than assuming the worst. Unless you know someone well, its impossible to know exactly what their motivation is for anything. By deciding on ones own what someone else feeling/thinking/saying/implying/inferring doesnt make one any better at communication than the original offender.

"Wow, I had not heard of any serious damage that had resulted from that show. I do know that Rocket Science Laboratories, which made the show, was sued by a couple for psychological damages on another of their shows, "Temptation Island". And I wanted to sue them for bad TV on "The Next Joe Millionaire". Were they sued for MBFOF, too? Heck, they already gave the family a million."

Not that Im aware of. I was using that as an example as discussions that had been brought up. Badly done perhaps. It was to illustrate the point that I wasnt mocking you, but that people DO discuss things like that.

"If you mock "Joe Schmo", you're mocking the hard, creative work of writers and actors and a crew that are working their butts off to both entertain you AND keep it real enough to make the show's central joke work. It seems to me that to mock these fellow mockers of reality TV can only come out of a need to feel superior to everyone. I may be wrong about that, but I'm quite surprised that these pretty clever guys pointing out the same reality TV absurdities that people on this site have probably busted on many times aren't considered "one of us" instead of people to find fault with."

Or possibly, we are just mocking ourselves for being so completely entertained by what certainly cant be considered high-brow programming. Theres no question that its easy to say "Id have never done that...Id have caught on...". When the reality is that, if given the chance, theyd have been there, doing the exact same thing. Its human nature to Monday Morning Quarterback, and lets face it.....its nice to see someone else be an idiot for an hour. Everyone does stupid things, its fun for an hour NOT to be the only one.

"And the acclaim for her performance was very widespread - so widespread that it even made it onto this site! Not in the episode summary but in the fine print at the end."

Like I said...fine print is a good thing.

"Well, thank you, Esbea. Is it too late for me to volunteer to write up the final hour?"

Youre welcome. I believe that woeisme1 has offered to do the finale. The last time that I heard from her, she was willing to collaborate with someone else because it was a 2 hour episode. You might try PMing her. Shes a lovely, gentle soul. Im sure shed be grateful for the help if no one has already offered to help her out.

To PM:
You would need to find one of her posts, in the upper right hand corner there is an envelope. If you click on it, it will take you to the sites message center and allow you to type in a message. When youve finished, click "send" and it will go to Woe's private on-site mailbox. Its usually a good idea to post on an active thread that youve sent PM with the recipients name in the subject line. You can tell if you have gotten a reply by going to a main forum page (I usually click on Off Topic in the blue column to the left of this page) and there will be a red flag waving at the top saying that you have new messages.

EDITED TO ADD: Regarding Everett? They took him away from Cammy and put him in a closed environment with a natural predator. TO ME, "nature took its course" says that Montecore did what came naturally and killed the frog, not that Everett died a natural death. Hence, the only way for Everett to "really" be dead, in my mind, was for him to be intentionally killed by the production team. Besides being incredibly inhumane, Im sure SPIKEs got enough special interest groups on their back without adding PETA.

Thanks for the digression in your original post. I have mild dyslexia and my brain goes faster than my fingers. Catching ALL the typos sometimes is too much work.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents
  Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 show ends the 10th of aug   erickman     07-31-04       
   RE: show ends the 10th of aug   ladro     07-31-04     1  
     RE: show ends the 10th of aug   erickman     08-01-04     2  
         RE: show ends the 10th of aug   vixie     08-05-04     15  
     RE: show ends the 10th of aug   xserver     08-01-04     3  
         RE: show ends the 10th of aug   ladro     08-01-04     4  
             RE: show ends the 10th of aug   erickman     08-01-04     5  
             RE: show ends the 10th of aug   xserver     08-04-04     11  
     RE: show ends the 10th of aug   Rabies     08-09-04     34  
   RE: show ends the 10th of aug   toddE     08-02-04     6  
     RE: show ends the 10th of aug   erickman     08-02-04     7  
         RE: show ends the 10th of aug   CantStandToLook     08-03-04     8  
     RE: show ends the 10th of aug   Loree     08-03-04     9  
     RE: show ends the 10th of aug   schmoe     08-04-04     12  
         RE: show ends the 10th of aug   MegsSweetPea     08-04-04     14  
         RE: show ends the 10th of aug   ParadiseLost     08-05-04     16  
             RE: show ends the 10th of aug   schmoe     08-05-04     17  
                 RE: show ends the 10th of aug   ParadiseLost     08-06-04     19  
                     RE: show ends the 10th of aug   schmoe     08-07-04     20  
                         RE: show ends the 10th of aug   ParadiseLost     08-07-04     21  
                             Response   Esbea     08-07-04     23  
                                 RE: Response   vixie     08-07-04     25  
                                 Response 2: Here to Sneer   ParadiseLost     08-09-04     28  
                                     RE: Response 2: Here to Sneer   ParadiseLost     08-09-04     29  
                                     RE: Response 2: Here to Sneer   Esbea     08-09-04     30  
                                         RE: Response 2: Here to Sneer   ParadiseLost     08-10-04     36  
                                             RE: Response 2: Here to Sneer   Esbea     08-10-04     39  
                                             RE: Response 2: Here to Sneer   ParadiseLost     08-10-04     43  
                                             RE: Response 2: Here to Sneer   Esbea     08-10-04     44  
                                             RE: Response 2: Here to Sneer   ParadiseLost     08-11-04     45  
                                             RE: Response 2: Here to Sneer   Esbea     08-11-04     46  
                                         RE: Response 2: Here to Sneer - The...   ParadiseLost     08-10-04     37  
                                             RE: Response 2: Here to Sneer - The...   Esbea     08-10-04     38  
                                         PM question   bdemoney     08-11-04     47  
                                             RE: PM question   Deonna     08-11-04     48  
                                             RE: PM question   Esbea     08-11-04     49  
                                             RE: PM question   Deonna     08-11-04     50  
                                     additional   Esbea     08-09-04     33  
                     RE: show ends the 10th of aug   Deonna     08-07-04     22  
                         RE: show ends the 10th of aug   Esbea     08-07-04     24  
                     RE: show ends the 10th of aug   EnglProf     08-11-04     51  
   RE: show ends the 10th of aug   Rabies     08-04-04     10  
     RE: show ends the 10th of aug   mmm_link     08-04-04     13  
         RE: show ends the 10th of aug   vixie     08-06-04     18  
   are you sure?   I_AM_HE     08-09-04     26  
     RE: are you sure?   vixie     08-09-04     27  
     RE: are you sure?   erickman     08-09-04     31  
     RE: are you sure?   Esbea     08-09-04     32  
         RE: are you sure?   vixie     08-10-04     35  
             RE: are you sure?   Esbea     08-10-04     40  
                 RE: are you sure?   vixie     08-10-04     42  
         Speaking of Hosing it up   Esbea     08-10-04     41  

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •