The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Favorite Performances?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

712 356 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

05-26-03, 06:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail 712 Click to send private message to 712 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Favorite Performances?"
Of the entire series, which performances impressed you the most?

Trenyce's "Come See About Me" was by far my favorite. It is still, to this day, playing in my head over and over as I go about my daily routine. That's kind of sad, actually.... but I digress.
Kim Locke had a bushel of memorable ones, namely "I Can't Make You Love Me", "Home", and "New York State of Mind".
Clay's "I Can't Help Myself" was my favorite Clay performance, if not his technical best. Lotsa fun, though.
Kimberly Caldwell and Corey Clark's Motown performances were great too. Plus Ruben's "Superstar".

I could yammer on all day. What are your favorites?

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Favorite Performances? Connie E 05-27-03 1
 RE: Favorite Performances? managerr 05-27-03 2
 RE: Favorite Performances? ejm92 05-27-03 3
 RE: Favorite Performances? RUTGERSpaul 06-01-03 4
 RE: Favorite Performances? Survivor Freak 1987 06-02-03 5
 RE: Favorite Performances? rilond 06-03-03 6
 RE: Favorite Performances? puppyhugs42 06-08-03 7
 RE: Favorite Performances? JPntlo 06-12-03 8

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Connie E 117 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

05-27-03, 08:06 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Connie%20E Click to send private message to Connie%20E Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Favorite Performances?"
LAST EDITED ON 05-27-03 AT 08:06 AM (EST)

When Clay sang "Solitare" I had chills. It was, for me, the best performance of the entire season. Nothing else came remotely close, but Kim L.'s "Somewhere Over the Rainbow" gets an honorable mention.

managerr 1959 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

05-27-03, 11:14 AM (EST)
Click to EMail managerr Click to send private message to managerr Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Favorite Performances?"
Carmen's "Turn the Beat Around" is the my favorite song of the competition. That song and Clay's Don't Let the Sun Go Down on Me (wildcard) are the only AI songs still on my MP3 play lists after all this time. Others I remember enjoying were Trenyce's "I'm Every Woman", Julia's "Son of a Preacher Man", and Ruben's "A Whole New World" are up there for me too.

And who can forget Jennifer Fuentes's "Dance" and Juanita's "What about the Children?" Even though the singing wasn't great, I enjoyed the actual performance. I saw a video of J-Fu's "Dance" again last weekend and it still made me cackle. Isn't that what performing is about?

ejm92 2221 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

05-27-03, 04:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ejm92 Click to send private message to ejm92 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Favorite Performances?"
Hmmmm, I have to think on this one, lol. But I'll just list a few memorable ones, really only the top three had performances worthwhile enough to rank.....

Ruben - "Flying Without Wings", "A Whole New World", "Breaking Up Is Hard To Do", "Signed, Sealed, Delivered", "Music Of My Heart", "Nights On Broadway", "Ain't Too Proud To Beg", "Superstar", "If Ever You're In My Arms Again", "Baby I Need Your Lovin'", "Kiss And Say Goodbye", "Can't Get Enough Of Your Love"

Clay (Virtually Every Performance) - "Solitaire", "Don't Let The Sun Go Down On Me", "On The Wings Of Love (Single/Group Performance)", "Somewhere Out There", "Build Me Up Buttercup", "Unchained Melody", "Bridge Over Troubled Water", "To Love Somebody", "Mack The Knife"

Kim Locke - "Home", "Somewhere Over The Rainbow", "Band Of Gold", "It's Raining Men", "I Can't Make You Love Me", "Where The Boys Are", "New York State Of Mind", "If You Asked Me To"

And the personal bests for the top three.......
Ruben - "Breaking Up Is Hard To Do" ("Flying W/O Wings" is close)
Clay - "Somewhere Out There" (Biased b/c the song is special to me)
Kim Locke - "Where The Boys Are" ("NYSOM" clooose behind)

Best of the competition has to go to Clay.......

And as far as the best overall performance, it goes to Clay/Ruben/Kim on the Finale, singing "Superstar/Somewhere Over The Rainbow/On The Wings Of Love".....awwwwwesome performance, I listened to it a few times over and it is definitely the best!

And as far as all-time Idol best performances, Kelly Clarkson still has the top spot, I'm thinking "I Surrender" was her best night...the song might not have sounded the greatest, but overall she had tons of pressure on her that night and came through...

Survior 5 Anti-Bootee Champ, Survivor 6 Anti-Bootee Chump

RUTGERSpaul 169 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

06-01-03, 04:43 AM (EST)
Click to EMail RUTGERSpaul Click to send private message to RUTGERSpaul Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Favorite Performances?"
My favorite American Idol performances had to be...

Clay Aiken
"This Is The Night", "To Love Somebody", "At This Moment", "Solitaire" and "Unchained Melody"

Kimberley Locke
"Somehwere Over The Rainbow" and "If You Asked Me To"

Joshua Gracin
"To Love Somebody"

Carmen Rasmusen
"Turn The Beat Around"

Trenyce
"Let's Stay Together" and "Love Will Keep Us Together"

Rickey Smith
"One Last Cry"

Survivor Freak 1987 47 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

06-02-03, 04:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Survivor%20Freak%201987 Click to send private message to Survivor%20Freak%201987 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Favorite Performances?"
This is going to be hard...mine is a tie, and both are Clay's. Solitare and Bridge Over Troubled Water.

My favorite person over all was K-Lo and her best preformance was either Where The Boys Are or New York State Of Mind.

Ruben - I honestly think he should have been out instead of Trynese that one round because I do not like the sound of his voice at all - He misses notes, and it sounds like he is choking at some parts. If there is any of his songs that sticks out in my mind at all it would be Flying Without Wings. Even that is dim.

rilond 64 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

06-03-03, 03:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail rilond Click to send private message to rilond Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Favorite Performances?"
Kimberly Locke is my favorite. Rueben is great. I wish Kimberly Locke had won. She is really a good singer and performer.

puppyhugs42 2 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

06-08-03, 09:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail puppyhugs42 Click to send private message to puppyhugs42 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Favorite Performances?"
Since I can't sing, I thought EVERY performance was awesome!! Anyone who can get up there and belt out a tune like the finalists did deserve my vote!!

However, if I had to pick my favs...I'd have to vote for Clay's "Unchained Melody" (since it still gives me goosebumps) and his "Bridge Over Troubled Water".

Man!! Altho he's not much of a "looker"...he sure has the pipes, doesn't he?!

JPntlo 4 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

06-12-03, 12:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail JPntlo Click to send private message to JPntlo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Favorite Performances?"
Practically everything Trenyce did blew me away! I was really surprised that she didn't go further in the competition. I thought she had it all - the looks, the voice, and the style. I also loved all the songs that Kimberly Locke did in the last few weeks of the show. My favorite Ruben song was "Sweet Home Alabama". It literally gave me chills - what heart! And I was completely swept away by every single song that Clay sang! My favorite was "Solitaire".

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •