The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Top 10 Girls Rankings/Thoughts"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

geekboy 1788 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

02-27-08, 09:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail geekboy Click to send private message to geekboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Top 10 Girls Rankings/Thoughts"
OK, i admit i was a bit excited about tonight. I love the 70's, and the boys were not terrible last night. So i gladly get home a bit late and flip to my Tivo recording in progress and start it out.

One word comes to mind. "ZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz......."

What a boring, dreadful, off-pitch, crapfest of song-selection night this was.

Top Of The Blahs
---------------------
Carly - I can't believe i'm writing this, but she was good tonight, with very little company. The best i've seen her so far.
Brooke - I love this girl. Tonight proves she has the skills and deserves to be where she is.

Bottom Of The Barrel
---------------------
Alexandrea
Ramiele
Kristy

These three were OK, but still bad especially in song choice.

Forgettable
-------------
Syesha
Amanda
Alaina
Kady
Asiah

Bad, bad, bad, bad bad night for the girls. As long as Amanda has one more chance to redeem herself, anyone else can go.

geekboy

"I love puppies!" - S. Cowell

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Top 10 Girls Rankings/Thoughts SeniorCitizen 02-27-08 1
   RE: Top 10 Girls Rankings/Thoughts aquariaqueen 02-28-08 14
   RE: Top 10 Girls Rankings/Thoughts bullzeye 02-28-08 16
   RE: Top 10 Girls Rankings/Thoughts mtopaz 02-28-08 25
 RE: Top 10 Girls Rankings/Thoughts Iconoclastic 02-27-08 2
   RE: Top 10 Girls Rankings/Thoughts PhoenixMons 02-28-08 6
   RE: Top 10 Girls Rankings/Thoughts TxMom2011 02-28-08 23
 What a crapfest! echogirl 02-28-08 3
 RE: Top 10 Girls Rankings/Thoughts cahaya 02-28-08 4
 RE: Top 10 Girls Rankings/Thoughts Zimbochick 02-28-08 5
 RE: Top 10 Girls Rankings/Thoughts PhoenixMons 02-28-08 7
   RE: Top 10 Girls Rankings/Thoughts batts 02-28-08 8
 RE: Top 10 Girls Rankings/Thoughts ulalame 02-28-08 9
 RE: Top 10 Girls Rankings/Thoughts Glow 02-28-08 10
 RE: Top 10 Girls Rankings/Thoughts Breezy 02-28-08 11
 RE: Top 10 Girls Rankings/Thoughts xwraith27 02-28-08 12
 RE: Top 10 Girls Rankings/Thoughts emydi 02-28-08 13
 RE: Top 10 Girls Rankings/Thoughts Corvis 02-28-08 15
   RE: Top 10 Girls Rankings/Thoughts ulalame 02-28-08 17
       RE: Top 10 Girls Rankings/Thoughts zazzy 02-28-08 19
 RE: Top 10 Girls Rankings/Thoughts mrc 02-28-08 18
   RE: Top 10 Girls Rankings/Thoughts zombiebaby 02-28-08 26
 RE: Top 10 Girls Rankings/Thoughts mia rules18 02-28-08 20
 RE: Top 10 Girls Rankings/Thoughts CattyChat 02-28-08 21
 RE: Top 10 Girls Rankings/Thoughts zazzy 02-28-08 22
 RE: Top 10 Girls Rankings/Thoughts TxMom2011 02-28-08 24
   RE: Top 10 Girls Rankings/Thoughts iltarion 02-29-08 27

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

SeniorCitizen 57 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

02-27-08, 10:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SeniorCitizen Click to send private message to SeniorCitizen Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Top 10 Girls Rankings/Thoughts"
If this show had standings according to wardrobe Amanda would get the door. I know rockers push the envelope on costume and hair, but the pants and the hair were way too distracting and looked like a kid's Halloween version of KISS. I pretty much agree with your rankings.

aquariaqueen 2616 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

02-28-08, 10:00 AM (EST)
Click to EMail aquariaqueen Click to send private message to aquariaqueen Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Top 10 Girls Rankings/Thoughts"
Nail feel the pain of a hammer! You hit it right on the nail!

And I like this girl, but she's becoming a distraction, not an attraction.

"The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it" - Albert Einstein

bullzeye 5030 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

02-28-08, 10:55 AM (EST)
Click to EMail bullzeye Click to send private message to bullzeye Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Top 10 Girls Rankings/Thoughts"
Well, I was expecting last night to be a total svckfest so I was pleasantly surprised at the performances overall. I thought they kicked the boys butt by comparison.

Really Liked:

1. Brooke White (You're So Vain) - I wafted between my #1 and #2, but give Brooke the edge because this song so suited her. As soon as she started I got the Carly connection, and I thought she did a great job with it.

2. Carly Smithson (Crazy on You) - Big Heart fan here that was worried about any attempts at a Wilson number. Carly really pulled this off admirably.

Liked but didn't Love:

3. Ramiele Malubay: (Don't Leave Me This Way) - I will probably go it alone by putting her up this high, and part of this may be a holdover from last week, but I really like this girl. Maybe I haven't been to as many ghastly weddings as Simon.

4. Syesha Mercado: (Me and Mr. Jones) - Didn't like the song choice, but really like her voice. I think she will go far.

5. Kristy Lee Cook: (You're No Good) - She didn't do a great job kick startng us off last week but I give her props for raising her bar last night. Didn't like the way she moved, but didn't hate the way she sang.

Lukewarm/Didn't Hate:

6. Alexandrea Lushington: (If You Leave Me Now) - I think she has bigger potential than the song allowed for. I agreed that the best part was that it was over.

7. Amanda Overmyer: (Carry On, My Wayward Son) - Suprising myself by not ranking her last, but by comparison, like her more than the remainder. I think she knew this was tanking as she was singing it and hope she gets another chance. I actually liked her hair. Go figure.

8. Asia’h Epperson: (All By Myself) - Weak start. Strong finish. Tha gal can sing. Can she choose a sing that better suits her style is the better question.

Hated it:

9. Alaina Whitaker: (Hopelessly Devoted to You) - Painful. Boring. Unoriginal. And those were the highlights.

10. Kady Malloy: (Magic Man) - That was like Sanjaya attempting a Gunners song. See ya Kady.

Generously crafted by Agman.

mtopaz 2167 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

02-28-08, 03:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mtopaz Click to send private message to mtopaz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: Top 10 Girls Rankings/Thoughts"
>If this show had standings according to wardrobe Amanda would get the door. I know rockers push the envelope on costume and hair, but the pants and the hair were way too distracting and looked like a kid's Halloween version of KISS. I pretty much agree with your rankings. >

All other things being equal, I could have given her a pass on the pants. But the "Cruella deVil does AI" hairstyle was atrocious!

Designed by Agman, siggy maker to the gemstones

Iconoclastic 151 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

02-27-08, 11:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Iconoclastic Click to send private message to Iconoclastic Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Top 10 Girls Rankings/Thoughts"
Secured their spot in the final 6:
Brooke White - Awesome, I'll remember this one for a while
Carly Smithson - Also awesome, plant or not, she definitely helped balance out the suck fest to come
Kristy Lee Cook - Totally made up for last week, she loses me if she goes country though
Syesha Mercado - Don't know what the judges were smoking snorting or shooting, this was really good

Not good enough:
Ramiele Malubay - This just fell short but oh god how I wish it was one of the nights worst
Alexandrea Lushington - This one also just didn't work but didn't totally suck

Sucked:
Alaina Whitaker - Obsessive Compulsive Alaina, by this point I found myself wanting to hurt small furry animals
Kady Malloy - She sucks up the place and then has the nerve to look all bi+chy when they tell her so. I can't wait to see how bi+chy she looks when they send her home

Found a new level below sucking:
Asia’h Epperson - Who’h the’h hell’h put’h this’h in’h the’h pimp’h spot’h? How’h the’h hell’h was’h this’h not’h the’h nights’h worst’h?

Redefined suck:
Amanda Overmyer - Oh...my...god, this almost defies description. This was so far beyond suck, it would take the light from suck ten million years to reach here. This might have been the worst Idol performance in history.

PhoenixMons 4696 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

02-28-08, 02:48 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PhoenixMons Click to send private message to PhoenixMons Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Top 10 Girls Rankings/Thoughts"
LAST EDITED ON 02-28-08 AT 02:48 AM (EST)

ITA regarding Syesha.

TxMom2011 188 desperate attention whore postings

02-28-08, 01:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TxMom2011 Click to send private message to TxMom2011 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: Top 10 Girls Rankings/Thoughts"
>Asia’h Epperson - Who’h the’h hell’h
>put’h this’h in’h the’h pimp’h
>spot’h? How’h the’h hell’h was’h
>this’h not’h the’h nights’h worst’h?
>
>
FUNNY on oh so many levels

echogirl 2120 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

02-28-08, 00:42 AM (EST)
Click to EMail echogirl Click to send private message to echogirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "What a crapfest!"
Thought the boys did much better with the 70's. All of my favorites from last week were pretty awful this week.

1. Brooke White – “You’re So Vain” - Favorite performance of the night. She picked a great song and one that was very well suited for her style. I don't think she has a chance to win this thing but she could be around for awhile if she continues to make smart song choices.

2. Carly Smithson – “Crazy On You” - Don't understand the pimpage but she was much better tonight. Like Brooke she picked a song that suited her style well.

***huge drop***

3. Syesha Mercado – “Me And Mr. Jones" - My favorite after week one. Not a great song choice for her but she has talent and an "AI" look that should keep her around for awhile.

****another huge drop****

4. Asia’h Epperson – "All By Myself" - Simon was right, that song was just too big for her. Thought she did well with the ending but the start was pretty bad. She's #4 because I liked her last week.

5. Kristy Lee Cook – “You’re No Good” - On most nights a performance like this puts you in jeopardy. Tonight it probably saved her.

*****yet another huge drop*****

The rest were so horrid I don't know how to rank them! On potential?

6. Amanda Overmyer – “Carry On My Wayward Son” - She's in big trouble after that horrible performance. I agree she needs to stick with more bluesy numbers. Hate that song anyway and it certainly isn't one that showcases her talent. And what is up with that look? It's like the girl from Hairspray landed in the 80's and was auditioning for a Hair Metal Band! Keep it simple sister! Hopefully she survives one more week.

7. Ramiele Malubay – “Don’t Leave Me This Way” - A totally uninspired performance of an upbeat song.

8. Kady Malloy – “Magic Man” - Not nearly as good as she thinks she is. The judges keep pimping her so I don't expect to see her go this week although I wouldn't mind.

9. Alexandrea Lushington – “If You Leave Me Now” - A boring performance of a boring song. Simon was right, that's one song that should be left in the 70's!

10. Alaina Whitaker – “Hopelessly Devoted To You” - I'm hopelessly hoping she goes home this week.

cahaya 19891 desperate attention whore postings

02-28-08, 01:05 AM (EST)
Click to EMail cahaya Click to send private message to cahaya Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Top 10 Girls Rankings/Thoughts"
LAST EDITED ON 02-28-08 AT 01:16 AM (EST)

The gals had a lot of miscues on song choices and that kind of shuffles things around a bit this week. A couple of gals who I would have written off last week make a comeback, while some of my favorites flub it.

Simon was trying hard not to slam anyone, and for the most part, the panel as a group got it right. There was a lot of non-verbal communication going on between Randy, Paula and Simon like we haven't seen in a while.

- Top tier -

None.

- Comebacks -

1. Brooke White: Nice, well-chosen song, great arrangement with an upbeat major-key voice. The guitar looked like an accessory for a while there, although she did get in some chords to start and end the song with. She won't attract the teens, but quite a few folks will find her appealing to watch on stage. With all the miscues by the other ladies, her performance was among the best of the night.

2. Carly Smithson: After last week's debacle, she went all out with this song, definitely more along her line. Although she was vocally strong and more confident this week, she still hasn't figured out how to use the stage or camera, so she wasn't as fun to watch as she was to listen to. Songwise? Not bad for Crazy on You.

- Miscues -

3. Syesha Mercado: Poor song choice for her and the crowd (too slow), but I think she carried this classic song fairly well although she was weak on the soft notes. She does have a nice stage presence, along with good camera and crowd sense. She sounds and looks nice on stage and a good song choice will help her shine.

4. Asia’h Epperson: She has a wonderful voice, but she picked a too challenging song. Simon said it best, it showed her up. I also found her more appealing on stage last week than this week. She looked uncharacteristically worried this week. Look for her to bounce back next week.

5. Ramiele Malubay: In spite of a poor song choice (a song we've already heard so many other good versions of) that came out almost cheesy, she is exuberant on stage and she has a nice voice, and I enjoy watching her. Look for her to do better next week.

6. Alexandrea Lushington: As soon as she began, I cringed and wondered. Did she ever hear the original? She looked like she struggled through song practice all week and still hadn't gotten it down by showtime. She does have a lot of talent and exuberance. She did better last week, and maybe she'll turn it back around next week.

7. Kristy Lee Cook: Geez, no wonder she was so doozy and uncomfortable on stage last week. Five antibiotics? Yikes. Anyway, she sang pretty well, much improved over last week. I agree with Simon that she's got more of a country voice. I think some of the other gals would have done better with this song. Give her props for optimism - she actually said she'd think of a good song for next week.

- Skunked -

8. Amanda Overmyer: Talk about a bad hair day. Somehow, the whole visual thing, and even the arrangement doesn't mix with the Kansas song. I never really got in it, beginning with the visuals. Songwise? She can belt it out, but the vocals were ok at best and it didn't hardly resemble the original song in tone and sound.

9. Alaina Whitaker: Her song performance was neither '70s-ish or contemporary. It turned out rather bland, almost contrived, right along with the blue dress. She has vocal potential, but she's gotta change it up and cut loose next week if she doesn't already get cut loose by the vote this week.

10. Kady Malloy: Compared to the original, this was a non-magical performance. She was never really into the song, looking lost and confused. She's going to be in trouble vote-wise. Too many other better gals around.

Agman's Muse

(etf html)

Zimbochick 35 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

02-28-08, 01:40 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Zimbochick Click to send private message to Zimbochick Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Top 10 Girls Rankings/Thoughts"
OK, so the main question I have is did these chicks all just wake up from a decade long coma or what? Don't they know anything about song choice? Have they not watched previous seasons, and for the love of God (Simon) don't they know you can't sing Celine Dion, Nancy Wilson, etc, etc, unless you want to sound like a total frikkin idjit! Thanks I feel much better now.

1. Carly Smithson – “Crazy On You” - I loved her version of this song. She REALLY needs to practice more in front of the mirror tho, cause she looks like she's going through an exorcism when she's singing!

2. Amanda Overmyer – “Carry On My Wayward Son” - I like her, but ye gads this was bad bad bad bad. I'm sure she will do better next week. She also needs to get her "look" down, she a cross between Dolly Parton and Redneck Tavern

3. Syesha Mercado – “Me And Mr. Jones" - she's had better nights

4. Asia’h Epperson – "All By Myself" - over-ambitious song choice, but she was sick, shame.

5. Ramiele Malubay – “Don’t Leave Me This Way” - yes I will leave you, cause I can't hear this song again!

6. Alexandrea Lushington – “If You Leave Me Now” - what was her problem tonight, looked like she had a little attitude problem, or maybe anger management. Looked like she wanted to clock someone.

7. Brooke White – “You’re So Vain” - I HATED this. Great song, but her version was so boring. She is too good to be true, sorry, not buying it.

8. Kristy Lee Cook – “You’re No Good” - meh

9. Kady Malloy – “Magic Man” - she's so cute, but was terrible tonight. I would love to hear her sing well, but I don't thnk she'll be staying.

10. Alaina Whitaker – “Hopelessly Devoted To You” - ouch, that was really painful. Worse was that she thinks she is way better than she really is.

PhoenixMons 4696 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

02-28-08, 02:55 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PhoenixMons Click to send private message to PhoenixMons Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Top 10 Girls Rankings/Thoughts"
Syesha and Carly were the only decent performances tonight. Carly looked a bit uncomfortable with the performance, but her vocals were nice. Syesha is the ONLY performer of the entire bunch of girls. LOVED the interpretation/stylizing of the song.

Brooke? I don't get the love at ALL. The facial expressions were horrible and totally didn't jive with the song and she was WAY off key several times. It was memorable for me, but not in a good way.

I didn't see the gals last week, so I don't have anything to compare these performances to for some. I can tell I'd like Alexandrea and Ramiele. I don't like any of the blonde gals (they all seem like minor variations of one another and Simon always seems to favor these semi-talented blonde gals who are 'cute'). Amanda was awful. I liked her before, but that was totally ick. If there's anyone else, they must have sucked.

That was one of the worst batches of performances, especially considering the level of vocal talent.

batts 1731 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

02-28-08, 05:41 AM (EST)
Click to EMail batts Click to send private message to batts Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Top 10 Girls Rankings/Thoughts"
I have to agree with you Phoenix. I thought Syesha did pretty good. I don't know what the judges problems were with her. She's at the top of my list!

For some reason, the blonde girls all looked alike to me.

Amanda Oscarmeyer looks like she got beat with a bag of bolony, then stepped on an exposed high voltage wire.

ulalame 778 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

02-28-08, 07:01 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ulalame Click to send private message to ulalame Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Top 10 Girls Rankings/Thoughts"
LAST EDITED ON 02-28-08 AT 07:13 AM (EST)

It was, without a doubt, a super-sucky night for the girls. Nobody had a standup moment, and only a few stood up above the average.

My choices:

Gotta Be Safe:

1. Carly -- at least she was in tune and sang a song that she showed she loved a little bit.

2. Brooke -- she's good, and hasn't fallen fallow to bad song choice yet. She still hasn't had her "idol" moment, but I think she will.

3. Kristy -- At least she was in tune and seemed slightly passionate.

-------

Should Be Safe:

4. Syesha -- I liked this performance by her. I think she suffered by picking a less-well known song than some of the others, but the vocals were very solid.

5. AlexAndrea. I actually liked this song out of her. I thought it was a risky choice, plus it was interesting to hear a girl sing it. I like her and think she's got loads of potential. Hope she sticks around.

-------

Hope She's Safe!!:

6. Ramiele. I love this girl, but her performance tonight was very karaoke-ish. She can do so much better, and I hope she has the chance to. Am guessing she's got a fan base to keep her in the top 8, but next week, she better bring it, or she should be out.

7. Amanda. I really like her, but this performance was not up to par. Was she sick, too? I think she might just do better to lead up her own band, and forget the idol competition. I like her and wish she'd stick around, but she has little chance of making the top 12 with a performance like tonight.

------

My Prediction for Bottoms:

8.-10. Alaina, Kady, Asiah

Alaina -- what a stupid choice of song! Or was it? Maybe all the tweens will vote for her, because she sang from Grease.
Even though I love the song, too, I would NOT have picked it for the Idol competition. I made me think that maybe she was on the wrong show, and should have competed for the Grease lead.

Kady -- forgettable, even bad version of Heart. What's the deal with this pretty, charismatic girl not being able to perform? I don't get it. I'd be surprised if she wasn't one of the bootees tomorrow.

Asia'h -- why, why, why? Why would you sing a song made famous by Celine Dion? Why not sing something unique and interesting? How many times have they told contestants, don't sing those songs identified to DIVAS? She didn't do herself a good turn with this song choice. I like her, but she will likely be at risk.

None of the girls really shined tonight. I will be really interested in what happens tomorrow.

Glow 14353 desperate attention whore postings

02-28-08, 08:32 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Glow Click to send private message to Glow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Top 10 Girls Rankings/Thoughts"
None of these girls, no matter how bad I thought they were, they were not as bad as Jason Y or Luke.

Really Good
Brooke “You’re So Vain” – love Carly Simon. Lovin Brooke. My favorite of the night... probably my favorite period.
Carly “Crazy On You” – one of the two truly good performances this week. DH's favorite of the night.

Drop
Syesha “Me and Mr. Jones” – I have a way different opinion than the judges. I liked this loads more than her screaming through songs. My favorite performance from her.
Ramiele “Don’t Leave Me This Way” – hmmm. Guess she’s better with ballads.

Big Drop
Asia’h “All By Myself” – How is this a diva song? I really like her voice so I’m giving her a pass. There were some bummers in there though.
Alexandréa “If You Leave Me Now” – there was a part in there… I forget what the lyric was but I really really dug it. Just one part. Just a few words. They replayed that part for the recap at the end.

Drop
Alaina “Hopelessly Devoted To You” – I liked it. I told my husband that could be just because I love the song. *shrug*
Kady “Magic Man” – I didn’t think it was so bad.

Huge Drop
Amanda “Carry On My Wayward Son” – ummm. Loved the little dance she did there. I actually rewound it a few times to watch that part and honestly, she sounded better every time I did (I may have been trying to hard to like it). Still not great by any means. And that hair better not ever look like that again.
Kristy Lee “You’re No Good” – chick gurgled half way through the song and she never got me back. I am in love with her outfit though. She looked gorgeous. I have curly hair that should do what hers was doing. I have some sort of dislike for her. I'm not sure if it's irrational or if there's an actual reason that I can't quite remember.

Breezy 18380 desperate attention whore postings

02-28-08, 08:34 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Breezy Click to send private message to Breezy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Top 10 Girls Rankings/Thoughts"
I'll just ditto your post and rankings. Carly and Brooke were the only ones we liked last night.

Is Amanda the rocker? She needs to quit trying so hard to "be" the rocker.

Breezy and Brett sitting in a tree...

xwraith27 1136 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

02-28-08, 08:36 AM (EST)
Click to EMail xwraith27 Click to send private message to xwraith27 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Top 10 Girls Rankings/Thoughts"
LAST EDITED ON 02-28-08 AT 08:47 AM (EST)

1. Brooke White (You're So Vain) - Loved it. I think it was the absolute highlight of an otherwise boring night. Her hand-on-the-head mannerism reminds me of Maria from "The Sound of Music"

2. Carly Smithson (Crazy on You) - Great performance, big vocals. Easily the second best performance for me.

3. Kristy Lee Cook (You're No Good) - Not great, but a definite improvement from last week.

4. Syesha Mercado (Me and Mr. Jones) - Loved the jazzy tone, but boring

5. Ramiele Malubay (Don't Leave Me This Way) - Her Filipino accent (thick s's, t's, and r's, extra-long e's) really showed in this song. Liked the beginning, but got really breathy and out of tune in the middle and end

6. Alexandrea Lushington (If You Leave Me Now) - Good opening. It was the runs at the end that completely ruined it for me.

7. Alaina Whitaker (Hopelessly Devoted to You) - Very much like an out-of-tune Carriebot. The high notes were very scream-y.

8. Amanda Overmyer (Carry On, My Wayward Son) - Hated the vocals on this song. It was just a combination of out-of-tune notes and random, unintelligible mumbling for me.

9. Kady Malloy (Magic Man) - The camera loves her. The mic probably doesn't.

10. Asia’h Epperson (All By Myself) - This was just painful for me.

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings

02-28-08, 09:19 AM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Top 10 Girls Rankings/Thoughts"
Again, I didn't read anyone's post yet

YIPES that was bad

1. Brooke-she of course sang this song a bit too upbeat (like David A's Imagine) but it was still the best choice of songs all nite and she did a good job

2. Carly-you know it's bad when I have her at my #2 spot. She should just cover Heart in some bar for the next 20 years

3.-6. Ram, Kady, Syesha and Alex-- really I cannot really rank these more than this all pretty blah perfomrances I think at least one of the ones to go will come from this group

7. Amanda-ok that was bad but we need her in the competition for some variety...and her hair is she this year's Sanjaya?

8. Alaina-Um "you're the one that we want" was on last year sweetie...ugh

9. Asia'h-thank you Simon for popping this girl's balloon that was awful

10. Kristy-Yes, boobs, YOU are no good...get her off my tv

Corvis 3130 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

02-28-08, 10:36 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Corvis Click to send private message to Corvis Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Top 10 Girls Rankings/Thoughts"
I'm just going to say they were all bad except Brooke. And I don't see Brooke winning this competition. So yeah, can we jettison the girls and just stick with the boys?

Amanda has lost me as a fan after that performance. She killed one of my favorite songs. She can't really sing that well. And the rocker thing isn't enough. Daughtry could sing and he was a rocker. You gotta have both.

So yeah, go home all girls!

ulalame 778 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

02-28-08, 10:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ulalame Click to send private message to ulalame Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Top 10 Girls Rankings/Thoughts"
I believe Amanda was singing while ill, which doesn't excuse her poor choice of song, but might explain her struggling with it. I like the song, too, but it was so not the right choice for her. If she'd been feeling well, though, I think she would have pulled it off better.

zazzy 4390 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

02-28-08, 11:33 AM (EST)
Click to EMail zazzy Click to send private message to zazzy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Top 10 Girls Rankings/Thoughts"
I thought Amanda looked like a deer in headlight, nervous,and completely unsure of herself last night. Being ill would explain some of that. I wanted to like her but yowser, no,no, no. Sigh. Looks like from Dial Idol that she still got some support, from VFTW or elsewhere. I'd like her to have one more week... but does Idol have a decent 80's song that has clearance that she can do? And can someone help her with her hair? Yikes, yikes!

mrc 10113 desperate attention whore postings

02-28-08, 11:32 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mrc Click to send private message to mrc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Top 10 Girls Rankings/Thoughts"
1. Brooke White--On a night of suckitude of the highest proportion, she was very good.

2. Carly Smithson--Pitchy, but better than last week.

3. Syesha Mercado--Boring, but on-key.

4. Alaina Whitaker--Boring, mostly on-key.

5. Kristy Lee Cook--Not great; she definitely needs to go country.

6. Ramiele Malubay--Disappointing.

7-9. Alexandrea Lushington, Kady Malloy, Asia’h Epperson--Alexandrea was *so* not good. Kady reminds me of Jason Y.; she's musically talented but can't bring it to the stage. Asia'h does nothing for me.

10. Amanda Overmyer--Oh.my.heck. Totally wrong on every level.

What is Phil's golf equipment?

zombiebaby 7356 desperate attention whore postings

02-28-08, 08:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail zombiebaby Click to send private message to zombiebaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: Top 10 Girls Rankings/Thoughts"
I'm gonna ditto you and give you a smooch.

I might disagree a bit on the Carly though. I? Don't care for her but on a night of steaming poo she was the corn kernal that makes it out to daybreak.

Brooke is my favorite of the girls.

mia rules18 409 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

02-28-08, 11:35 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mia%20rules18 Click to send private message to mia%20rules18 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Top 10 Girls Rankings/Thoughts"
Yes, I think it was a tough night for the girls...I had fun with the boys and 70's night the night before, and I expected to be underwhelmed, and I was underwhelmed. Just a couple of comments for me..

I enjoyed Carly and I think the judges were a bit stingy with praise.

I don't think Alexandrea was so bad either...that song definately is stuck in its own era, but I get that she was trying to update it and I think she did. I didn't love it or hate it, however her attitude was strange!

For me the worst of the bunch was Asia's weak performance at the end (even though she is cute as a button), and Syesha's Mr. Jones...what was she thinking?!

CattyChat 3379 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

02-28-08, 11:52 AM (EST)
Click to EMail CattyChat Click to send private message to CattyChat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Top 10 Girls Rankings/Thoughts"
Girls are just not cutting it for me this season. I'm all about the guys, save 3 exceptions.

Two weeks in a row that half are not even worth ranking.

Current rank --------------(Prev rank)

LOVE 'EM:

1. Brooke White (4) -- I just love this girl. I couldn't decide which of the 2 standouts for me last night deserved #1, so it is a tie.

1. Carly Smithson (2) -- She hit it out of the park and a great way to start the night. She is amazing and it's obvious the judges are holding her to a much higher standard. She is a star. Carly & Heart really work together. She should be proud and I'm glad she got to sing her fave song.

3. Ramiele Malubay (1) -- She is an adorable little vocal powerhouse. Last week's song choice was a little better, but she still did a terrific job.

GIVING ONE MORE WEEK:

4. Alaina Whitaker (3) -- Very "sweet" performance. She has potential as a country singer, but since I'm not a country fan (except for Pickler) my interest is waning.

5. Asia’h Epperson (5) -- She's been falling every week and I'm losing interest. She obviously has an ego to think she could take on such a big song and she blew it. I'm giving her one more week before I drop all interest in her.

LEAVE 'EM:

6. Alexandrea Lushington (N/A) -- Nice girl, nice voice. That's it.

7. Kristy Lee Cook (N/A) -- Nice girl, nice voice. That's it.

8. Syesha Mercado (N/A) -- Definition of affected, overblown ego. I thought she had potential in the auditions, but I get total conceitedness from her. I don't think she is very "chummy" with the other contestants either, based on her comments and watching the non-reactions on the other contestants' faces as she performed the last two weeks. I just don't like her.

9. Kady Malloy (N/A) -- Her talent/personality disappears on stage. I'm not waiting for it.

10. Amanda Overmyer (6) -- My dear "rocker nurse," WTH??? Last week you barely made my 6 & I thought your performance was "manic" and a let-down, but I gave you the benefit of the doubt. I had so much hope for you. Last night you looked like a crazed looney-bin escapee who mugged some passed out crackhead in the alley for clothes. I am truly embarassed for you. Hideous vocals, hideous look, just so hideous.

zazzy 4390 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

02-28-08, 12:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail zazzy Click to send private message to zazzy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Top 10 Girls Rankings/Thoughts"
LAST EDITED ON 02-28-08 AT 12:21 PM (EST)

I'll join the chorus of those who think last night was a bomb.

No one was memorable for good reasons. Sigh. Amanda for the wrong reasons.

What struck me last night is that the girls are not competing with one another but with every other previous female contestant of AI--because when you hear some of them sing the songs you can't help but think of when XYZ contestant sang it better in season 123456 (take your pick).

In singing order:

Carly: sounded good but please, do something about the unrelenting black, black. black. Dyed black hair, black eyeliner, black clothes...and didn't someone already say something about dead eyes? So true. Nice pre-pimp from Simon (when you get your moment you will be the one to beat). Ryan calls her "darling".

Syesha: just ok. Agree with the posters about Haven't the judges heard Amy Winehouse's rendition? And they talk about being current. All she gets from Ryan is a "good luck".

Brooke: if you just listen to the vocals, without the whole "is she singing about Simon" thing, it was just ok. IMO she was a total positive pimp, complete with Simon stage whispering to Randy and Paula to talk about her singing about him, and ending with Ryan's arm around her, hugging her.

(don't get me wrong, I like Brooke, but I am on pimp-watch this season)

Ramiele: She wasn't the greatest but I still like her. Simon gave her the "top three of all contestants" pimp.

Kristy Lee C: just ok to me. Got the "you have potential" pimpage from Simon plus paving the road for her to be the country singer next week. Ryan gives her a chance to talk about her love of country music. Seems scripted to me.

Amanda: so not the right song for her. Simon really tried to bury her last night, too. Reminds me of how he went after Jason Y the night before. Will it have worked?

Alaina: Too bad she didn't wait until she was a bit older to try out. I like her but she was sharp on her notes last night. She got the "dark horse" pimp from Simon, though.

Alexandrea: just ok. Her judges' comments were not good but they were delivered in a kind fashion, in contrast to how Simon blistered Amanda. Ryan hugs her after she tells us she feels like an underdog. Shrewd move, Alexandrea.

Kady: when she was singing I thought "she'll be gone after tomorrow". When Randy starts off the critique with a question (as he did with some of the girls) you know it did not go well. Ryan asking her to "do Britney" was not a positive for her.

Asiah: Pimp spot....wasted opp, unless it was to save her for another week. Just not good at all.

TxMom2011 188 desperate attention whore postings

02-28-08, 01:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TxMom2011 Click to send private message to TxMom2011 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: Top 10 Girls Rankings/Thoughts"
MY TAKE .......... somewhat in order

Carly – Great job… the girl to beat

Brooke – a safe choice… but I like her

Ramiele – not a great song choice – but still great vocals

Syesha – ditto Ramiele

Alaina – poor poor song choice but this girl has a great voice – I hope she eeks by tonite

Alexandrea – good voice but she irks me… weird personality

Amanda – whoa horrible vocals – horrible hair – still I want to see what she does next

Kady – she is taking too long to get it together… may have written her ticket home last nite

Kristy – stiff and boring… she should try country

Asiah – why does everyone like this scratchy voiced girl? Yuk… and those extensions were horrible

iltarion 1791 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

02-29-08, 03:38 AM (EST)
Click to EMail iltarion Click to send private message to iltarion Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "RE: Top 10 Girls Rankings/Thoughts"
LAST EDITED ON 02-29-08 AT 03:44 AM (EST)

Go figure. I liked the girls better. Yeah, there were more disappointing and even disastrous performances by the girls, but it was also a funner night. The boys were just boring, topped by the Kidpin of Put-me-to-sleep, David Archuleta.
1. Ramiele - Loved the song choice. Quintessential 70's song with both melody and big voice parts. You shouldn't bring the big voice every week. The 70s were all about fun, and that was what this performance was, fun. The guys dug it, as did I.
2. Brooke - Perfect song for her. Her husband must love what the pro makeover people have done with her. She went from looking like Carly Simon to being a bonafide hottie.
3. Carly - Perfect song for her as well. Yelling is her strong suit and that is what Crazy on You is all about.
4. Kristy - Liked it, though the best part for me was probably just watching her perform. Nice outfit. I agree she is probably a country girl.
5. Alexandrea - Was one of surprisingly several girls who chose to sing songs originally recorded by men. Why the risk? It rarely works out (see below). This one was at least okay. I thought she worked it out fairly well. Not the kind of song that people are going to remember though.
6. Syesha - Vocals-wise, one of the best of the night. Song choice-wise, one of the worst. Why? Song typically sung by a man and always boring regardless of who is singing it.
7. Alaina - So disappointing. Great song that was almost ruined by a mediocre-at-best performance. I keep her away from the bottom because she finished strong. Where was that earlier in the song?
8. Asiah - What was she thinking? Song is too big for her. Period. Also originally done by a man, Erik Carmen. Yeah, Celine's version was more of what she was going for, but that version wasn't made in the 70s so go figure.
9. Kady - Plenty of attitude but not much of anything else. She seemed to struggle with not only the notes but with the tempo as well. Just weak. Would be the worst except for the following abomination.

10. Amanda - Hideous. Absolutely horrible. I can't imagine anything on Idol ever being worse than that. I love a lot of songs that I can't sing. Don't these people know when they can't sing a song? The verses were absolute horrorshow with the chorus being slightly better. Terrible to watch and hear. Simon said it best, I couldn't wait until it was over.

>

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •