The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Top 10 Boys Rankings/Thoughts"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

geekboy 1788 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

02-26-08, 09:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail geekboy Click to send private message to geekboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Top 10 Boys Rankings/Thoughts"
LAST EDITED ON 02-26-08 AT 09:53 PM (EST)

OK, back home again, and in better health. On to my thoughts (and yours) on the Top 10 Boys/70's night. They sure stacked the deck towards the final 45 minutes tonight, didn't they?

My rankings first:

Top Tier
---------
David A. - As much as i hate to admit it, he had a great performance tonight (again). The drooling by the judges again was a bit much to bear. Also, the extra time and hugs by Ryan didn't help. Remember, there ARE 9 other guys, and 10 other girls.
David H. - Perhaps my favorite, and i declare him the dark horse of the season. The boy can sing. Great vocals and interpretation. I hope he goes far.
David C. - I thoroughly enjoyed this. A true rocker, and he brought the Marshall on the stage. Brilliant.
Chickeze - Loved it, loved it, loved it. Where was this guy last week?

Mid Tier
------------
Jason C. - Good, but well below the above 4. Drop the guitar and sing.
Luke M. - was not as good in the recap, but i still do like this guy's voice.
Danny N. - Loads better than last week, but the judges were right. The nerves still got him.

Bottom Tier
------------
Robbie C - eh. not anything really to say.
Michael J. - I did NOT like his interpretation. Vibrato in all the wrong places. Terrible song selection.
Jason Y. - Horrific.

Boot Predictions
-----------------
Jason & Luke

Thoughts off the top of my head....
--------------------------------------

* Can I tell you how much I HATE it when the dang contestants hold up fingers to mach their phone number? I tend to prefer those contestants who DON'T do this. I have to start takings notes as to who doesn't do it.
* Am i the only one who is getting the feeling that the contestants aren't as hungry this season as others? I found most of tonight (and last week) a bit boring compared to other seasons. Intriguing thought to ponder.
* I was waiting for David A. to tell us about winning Star Search in his "What people may not know about me" clip...but no.
* My wife got quite upset when i said David A annoyed me last week with his "Aww Shucks" routine. She yelled at me "He's just 16!!!! What do you want?!" I then shut up about it.

geekboy

"I love puppies!" - S. Cowell

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Top 10 Boys Rankings/Thoughts Iconoclastic 02-26-08 1
 RE: Top 10 Boys Rankings/Thoughts CattyChat 02-27-08 2
 RE: Top 10 Boys Rankings/Thoughts Glow 02-27-08 3
 RE: Top 10 Boys Rankings/Thoughts mrc 02-27-08 4
 RE: Top 10 Boys Rankings/Thoughts xwraith27 02-27-08 5
 RE: Top 10 Boys Rankings/Thoughts TxMom2011 02-27-08 6
 RE: Top 10 Boys Rankings/Thoughts bullzeye 02-27-08 7
 RE: Top 10 Boys Rankings/Thoughts nailbone 02-27-08 8
   RE: Top 10 Boys Rankings/Thoughts geekboy 02-27-08 9
       RE: Top 10 Boys Rankings/Thoughts Corvis 02-27-08 14
 RE: Top 10 Boys Rankings/Thoughts emydi 02-27-08 10
   RE: Top 10 Boys Rankings/Thoughts frisky 02-27-08 11
       RE: Top 10 Boys Rankings/Thoughts zazzy 02-27-08 15
 RE: Top 10 Boys Rankings/Thoughts cahaya 02-27-08 12
 RE: Top 10 Boys Rankings/Thoughts Corvis 02-27-08 13
 RE: Top 10 Boys Rankings/Thoughts echogirl 02-27-08 16

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Iconoclastic 151 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

02-26-08, 11:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Iconoclastic Click to send private message to Iconoclastic Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Top 10 Boys Rankings/Thoughts"
Proved themselves worthy:
David Archuleta - So this is what Idol has come to, reheated Star Search leftovers
David Cook - I totally wasn't expecting that, I want some more
David Hernandez - That was impressive, best.gay.stripper.ever
Chickezie - Loved the performance, the smart a$$ stuff afterwards kind of turns me off though

Skating on past performances or gimmicks:
Jason Castro - Not nearly as good as last week but I think he's safe for now
Robbie Carrico - Drag racing rubber band cars? Now I get the poser thing
Michael Johns - Anyone know any Australian slang for "that sucked"?
Danny Noriega - Idol must have put this one on to be a VFTW lightning rod

Look on the bright side, you'll be sleeping in your own bed soon:
Luke Menard - I can't forget about you if you won't go away....GO!!!!
Jason Yeager - Should have gone last week, never should have been in the top 24

CattyChat 3379 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

02-27-08, 07:29 AM (EST)
Click to EMail CattyChat Click to send private message to CattyChat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Top 10 Boys Rankings/Thoughts"
LAST EDITED ON 02-27-08 AT 07:32 AM (EST)

Current Rank ------------- (previous ranking)

BROUGHT THEIR "A" GAME (aka If your name is David . . .):

1. David Archuleta (4) -- AMAZING. I want to hear the entire song. This kid has a gift.

2. David Hernandez (7) -- Much better than last week. Great vocals and the song suited him. He's one of my faves at the moment.

3. David Cook (6) -- Again, much better than last week. I thought he improved in the charisma dept greatly.

4. Chickezie (9) -- Total 180 from the suckfest last week. I hate putting him this high, but he knocked it out of the ballpark. I also like his authentic name pronunciation better.

MY FORMER TOP GUYS -- WTH??:

5. Danny Noriega (3) -- He has the chops & like Simon said *Twiggy voice* "The camera really loves you." I look forward to his performances.

6. Jason Castro (1) -- Poor song choice. I still love this guy and think he has talent. He adds something different to the competition. I think he should stick with what he does best and KEEP the guitar every week. Just pick better songs.

7. Michael Johns (2) -- His charisma is what is keeping him from the bottom of my list. Was it just me or was he off-key throughout most of the song? I thought it was horrible and the judges gave him an unexpected tongue bath. Do I need to get my hearing checked? It was a total cringe-worthy performance as I listened to it. He better step it up, because the young ones are ready to knock him out of the competition.

JUST NOT MAKING THE GRADE:

8. Luke Menard (8) -- But he's just so darn pretty. He impressed me with his vocals last night and he was one of the better singers last night, without a doubt. However, pretty obviously dosen't equal charisma or stage presence. Not solo material, but can we have a new Boys 2 Men group started with this guy and 3 other pretties? He obviously can harmonize.

9. Robbie Carrico (5) -- Okay, I figured out why I think he is playing "dress up." Watching his performance last night, he kept breaking out his "boy band" moves before checking himself and trying to go into a "rocker pose." He fits the backwoods rock-a-billy persona in his real life, but as a performer he is not going to be able to shake off his "pop" training. Sorry, kid. Either cut the hair, shave the face and start singing Backstreet Boys/NSYNC or you're going home.

10. Jason Yeager (10) -- As we all know Ryan needs to shut the heck up. He just kept sticking that knife in deeper and deeper and twisting it. It really got uncomfortable and thought the guy was going to start crying. Too late for Jason to bring anything he might have.

ETA: GeekBoy, my list really is pretty much identical to yours, except I just couldn't put Michael Johns down at the bottom like he truly deserved.

Glow 14353 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

02-27-08, 08:09 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Glow Click to send private message to Glow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Top 10 Boys Rankings/Thoughts"
1. David Hernandez "Papa Was A Rolling Stone" - that? was really good.
2. David Archuletta "Imagine" - If he would have sung straight out, the way it was written, I'd have put him first.
3. Danny Noriega "Superstar" - I just love him. I will be heartbroken when he gets booted (unless I get sick of him before that).
4. Chikezie "I Believe To My Soul"
5. Jason Castro "I Just Want To Be Your Everything" - I liked the ending a lot. Schmaltzy or not, who doesn't think of the Bee Gees when somebody says "the 70's". I? liked it.
6. Michael Johns "Go Your Own Way" - perhaps if he didn't choose songs with such awesomeness, he'd be lower. Perhaps.
7. David Cook "All Right Now" - something about this guy truly irks me. Truly. Okay, yes, he's a rocker. Okay, yes, I should like him. But he irks me. Truly.
8. Robbie Carrico "Hot Blooded" - I kept waiting for him to do something. Anything. He's really not that great. Maybe he's "holding back". He did look good in the drag racing gear though.
9. Luke Menard "Killer Queen" - James Van Der Beek! That's it. He's a mixture of Orlando Bloom and James Van Der Beek. I do not like his voice. Not even a little. I appreciate that he can sing but it's just not pleasant to hear.
10. Jason Yeager "Long Train Runnin" - fodder

mrc 10113 desperate attention whore postings

02-27-08, 08:26 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mrc Click to send private message to mrc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Top 10 Boys Rankings/Thoughts"
1. David Cook--I hate to put him here, but he was very good last night.

2. David Hernandez--Excellent performance

3. Chickezie--Wow. Much better. Cut the smack, though.

4. David Archuleta--I wasn't as enamored as most, I guess. I hate that song.

5. Jason Castro--He has a lot of potential if he just grows some confidence.

6. Michael Johns--Charisma is the only thing that gets him this high.

7. Danny Noriega--He is getting old really quick.

8. Robbie Carrico--Totally do not like him. That he dated Britney makes me dislike him even more.

9. Luke Menard--Yawn.

10. Jason Yeager--A very talented musician, but not a good vocalist.

xwraith27 1136 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

02-27-08, 09:05 AM (EST)
Click to EMail xwraith27 Click to send private message to xwraith27 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Top 10 Boys Rankings/Thoughts"
1. David Cook (All Right Now) - I loved this performance because he just looked natural. He looked more like he was actually performing rather than competing, and with all the "I need to look like I'm performing" performances this season, this is a breath of fresh air for me.

2. David Hernandez (Papa was a Rolling Stone) - I thought he was good last week, and I think he was great this week (minus that one minor hitch at the very end of the song).

3. David Archuleta (Imagine) - Probably the best rendition of "Imagine" on American Idol.

4. Chikezie Eze (I Believe to My Soul) - Great vocals, but I think he needs to watch how he comes off when talking to Simon.

GAP

5. Danny Noriega (Superstar) - Just OK for me. There were a lot of pitch problems and the performance just never really took off, but this was a huge improvement from last week.

6. Jason Castro (I Just Want to Be Your Everything) - I don't know if I like this version, but I'd love to hear him both without the guitar OR singing an acoustic Jason Mraz song.

GAP

7. Michael Johns (Go Your Own Way) - I've never heard of this song and he didn't do a good job of selling it.

8. Robbie Carrico (Hot-Blooded) - Same with Michael. He just sounded worse.

9. Luke Menard (Killer Queen) - Completely wrong song for him. To me, this was Little Princess compared to Queen.

10. Jason Yeager (Long Train Runnin') - Wrong everything. The singing was terrible and the dancing was even worse. His ending was what I wanted to do to myself on a table while I was watching him.

TxMom2011 188 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

02-27-08, 10:58 AM (EST)
Click to EMail TxMom2011 Click to send private message to TxMom2011 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Top 10 Boys Rankings/Thoughts"
THE GUYS IN ORDER

David Hernandez – I love this guys voice

David Archuleta – Good but YES… I am over the aww shucks thing too

David Cook – I knew he had it in him – a REAL rocker.

----------
Danny Noriega – The Flamer is still one of my favs

Jason Castro – This guy is just genuinely shy… unlike David A. And he is pretty – great eyes and long lashes…he shoulda been a girl

Michael Johns – YES Catty – he was off key. But I am listening to Fleetwood Mac now because of him.

---------
Robbie Carrico – I am a 45 year old black woman and can Rock Out Hot Blooded better than you dude. Stop arguing about it already… that just makes people harp on it more. If you make it tonite you should switch to some more Pop-like songs – they would better suit you.

Chickezie – Just like last week, it took me awhile to figure out what song he was singing. I still am not feeling him & don’t appreciate him butchering Ray Charles or sassin’ Simon.

----------
Luke Menard – He is soooo cute. But he doesn’t make good song choices.

Jason Yeager – Poor “Donny Osmond” – this guy had me and my daughter ROFL. From his high-waisted Paw-Paw pants to his Carlton (ala Fresh Prince of Bel-Air) dancing - he is sooo nerdy and out of his league here. Not sure how he made it to the top 24 since we never saw him earlier.

bullzeye 5030 desperate attention whore postings

02-27-08, 11:09 AM (EST)
Click to EMail bullzeye Click to send private message to bullzeye Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Top 10 Boys Rankings/Thoughts"
Once again I am glad that I perservered as last night started out painfully slow - thankfully I stuck around as most of the better performances were in the latter half. Could these guys not find better songs from the 70's than that? I was expecting much, much better.

Impressive:

T-1. David Hernandez: "Papa Was A Rolling Stone" - I thought last week may have been a case of "first up nerves" and last night vindicated him. He really blew that out of the water.

T-1. David Archuletta: "Imagine" - I was trying not to like this kid - too much of the "Jordin Sparks = my God how you sing for someone so young", factor but I have to give this kid credit. That was phenomenal.

3. David Cook: "All Right Now" - That's two weeks in a row he has surprised me. Solid performance, good confidence and stage presence. Do me a favor though David? When you are done? Smile and Shut The Fvck Up. Your unnecessary back talk took away from a great performance.

4. Chikezie: "I Believe To My Soul" - Pulled a complete turnaround from last week with a fun, well performed song. Like David C though: S & STFU.

Not Brilliant but Not Hurl-Evoking:

5. Danny Noriega: "Superstar" - Much, much better than last week. I like this kid's character - he certainly stands out from the crowd.

6. Robbie Carrico: "Hot Blooded" - Robbie - stop fighting all the talk about whether or not you are the real "rocker" deal. (A real rocker wouldn't give a damn btw). Just get out there and sing. This might have been higher had he put as much life into it as he did last week.

7. Jason Castro: "I Just Want To Be Your Everything" - Surprised he came back with another guitar performance. Makes me wonder if he is vunerable without it. I guess we will see next week.

8. Michael Johns: "Go Your Own Way" - Dude! I love Fleetwood Mac as well, but of all the FW songs you could have picked, this one did not suit you at all. You might be even lower on my list if not for knocking one out of the park last week. I was seriously cringing through this one.

As The Brits Would Say: "Toilet":

9. Luke Menard: "Killer Queen" - Luke baby, I really wanted to like you cause you are so damn cute but ugh. Two weeks in a row you tanked it. Freddie Mercury you are not, nor ever will be. So painful I almost changed the channel to Big Brother. Yes, that painful.

10. Jason Yeager: "Long Train Runnin" - I actually think this guy can sing but his incessant mugging for the camera/audience makes me want to blow chunks. Please leave. Thank you.

Really hoping that the ladies shine brighter than the guys tonite. Yes, I am setting myself up for disappointment again.

Generously crafted by Agman.

nailbone 27263 desperate attention whore postings

02-27-08, 11:52 AM (EST)
Click to EMail nailbone Click to send private message to nailbone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Top 10 Boys Rankings/Thoughts"
* My wife got quite upset when i said David A annoyed me last week with his "Aww Shucks" routine. She yelled at me "He's just 16!!!! What do you want?!" I then shut up about it.

I have a 17-year-old son who acts just like David, with that goofy, embarrassed grin and all. It may be an act, but he nails it.

geekboy 1788 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

02-27-08, 01:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail geekboy Click to send private message to geekboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Top 10 Boys Rankings/Thoughts"
Nailbone, there is a definate distinction between your 17 year old son, and David. Let me try again to explain this problem i have with David. And I have several problems with David.

First off, to quote Randy, "The boy can blow, dawg!" I'll give him that.

My first problem, as a father and a parent, he's 16. Let him be 16. I have a general problem with the under-18 set even being on a show of this caliber. For me, up the minimum age to 18.

Secondly, this boy has won "Star Search" and probably a slew of other contests BEFORE HE WAS 16 EVEN. Can you say "stage parents"? Again, mom and dad, let the kid be a kid and grow up.

To follow through on the previous one, even if you are "just 16", if you've won Star Search and other competitions, you KNOW you can sing and you know the girls love you, so cut the fake "oh gee, wow, thanks" routine.

I like to compare this to Melinda last year. I truly believe Melinda's reaction those first few weeks was genuine since being on that Idol stage alone was a new experience, and she had never gotten the praise and admiration she was getting. David has been in this situation many times before. I find it fake.

This are 100% my opinions, take it or throw it out.

geekboy

"I love puppies!" - S. Cowell

Corvis 3130 desperate attention whore postings

02-27-08, 05:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Corvis Click to send private message to Corvis Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Top 10 Boys Rankings/Thoughts"
I still think David is sincere. There's a difference between being good at 12 on Star Search and being loved by screaming fans on the most popular TV show in the country. When he was 12 he didn't have girls who loved him - he had girls who thought he was awwww, so cute, look at that kid who can sing... I think he is like any 17 year old would be - overwhelmed and dumbfounded that so many people really like this almost grown up self.

As far as the stage parents thing goes, if one of my daughters had the ability and they loved it, I would encourage them to go for it. A loving family keeps a kid grounded despite the craziness that fame offers. David seems like a really together, humble kid. I think he must have good parents who have prepared him well for this experience.

JMO, of course.

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings

02-27-08, 01:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Top 10 Boys Rankings/Thoughts"
Ok I haven't read anyone's so if I repeat you know why

I think I am in the minority with my assessments but here goes

1. David Hernandez--WOW where did that come from that was awesome so much better than last week

2. David Cook--I liked that very much...it sort of just sort of reminded me of Chris D just a bit

3. Chick-very good so much better than last week...but his clothes kept making me think he looked like Arnold on Diffrent Strokes..."what you talkin' bout Simon"

4. Danny-very nice but I agree he is trying too hard but I think VFTW help will keep him in for a while

5. Jason C-not his best but he's just so gosh darn cute I love him and want him to stick around for a long time

6. Luke M-I like this better than the judges did and it was so much better than last week.

7. David A-I groaned when I heard the song he chose...imho he did not do it any justice and should not have tried. And then with Randy's pimpage about it being the best ever in 7 seasons...gimme a fvckin break.

8. Robbie-I don't get him either...

9. Jason Y-not good

10. Michael-this was absolutely horrendous but Randy still mini pimped him. I loved that Simon said it svcked.

frisky 11695 desperate attention whore postings

02-27-08, 01:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail frisky Click to send private message to frisky Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Top 10 Boys Rankings/Thoughts"
You're not in the minority. I feel much more comfy these days over at VFTW because I can't say anything positive about this show anymore.

They take their David Arsuleta and their Micheal Johns' and their Carly Smithson's and they surround them with padding consisting of one part bad attitude and two parts sh!ttiness, and you have your final three. Ish. *giggle*

zazzy 4390 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

02-27-08, 06:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail zazzy Click to send private message to zazzy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Top 10 Boys Rankings/Thoughts"
They are looking really likely for 3 of the F4. At least Michael and David A. are. Simon was on Regis and Kelly today and talked about how only 3 or 4 were worthy and he would like to tell about ten of them to just go, now. He said he already knew who would win but wasn't going to say...but then went on to reinforce the 3 or 5 or 6 who were good (the number got a bit bigger the second time).

These comments explain so much of his disdain. The contestants look so shocked when he comes on full bore, because they thought they were supposed to be talented or why else would they be selected? And feted by AI and the press? I wish they had a handout at auditions that said something about "you, too, could be cannon fodder, so prepare".

cahaya 19891 desperate attention whore postings

02-27-08, 03:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cahaya Click to send private message to cahaya Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Top 10 Boys Rankings/Thoughts"
Not a huge night for the guys. A few good performances, but not Idol standard.

Performers

1. David Archuleta: Well, check it out, as Randy said. I was surprised. Really good song, full of heart, among the best of the night. Pure song, no gimmicks, nicely performed. Thumbs up.

2. Jason Castro: I like his natural, free-flowing song style. He sang fairly well with a good arrangement geared towards his version of the song, although it might not have been the best song choice. He was may fav last week, and I liked him well enough this week. He needs to really turn it on more, though, if he wants to be the Idol.

3. Robbie Carrico: I like this guy. Good electric gig. Sure, he has a limited vocal range, but as Simon alluded to, he is smart enough to stay within it. He said himself he knows he needs to step it up. A little more attitude, which Randy alluded to, will do it. Look for him in the top half dozen.

4. David Hernandez: Great song, really into it. I thought maybe he shouted parts of it out of pure effort, but he completely stayed with it. Thumbs up. I had him pegged at #2 guy last week and he lived up to expectations this week. As good as he is, there's still several gals or so who'll give him a run for his money.

Either coming around or soon to go out

5. Chickezie: Pretty good performance by Chik, overcoming the whole negative scene of last week. Upbeat and cheerful, although not all that memorable as a song, he performed fairly well and may get another chance to up his game and shine.

6. Michael Johns: Yeah, coasting along (Simon), I liked this song (Randy), too. He didn't really light my fire last week or tonight, but maybe he'll liven it up even a bit more in coming weeks.

7. David Cook: The closing 'opinion' comments/argument didn't help. Yup, he's a rocker, but is he an Idol? I wasn't impressed by his performance as a band lead singer.

Hollywood was fun while it lasted

8. Jason Yeager: Long train to nowhere... way too big a song for him to pull it off. I thought he did well last week, and I liked him, but it seems he got on the wrong track this week.

9. Luke Menard: Sad to say, nothing "killer" about that song. Rather average, actually. Maybe he can sing, but he doesn't entertain.

10. Danny Noriega: Nah... I just can't. I was completely lost watching and listening to him. I never got hooked into the song.

Corvis 3130 desperate attention whore postings

02-27-08, 04:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Corvis Click to send private message to Corvis Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Top 10 Boys Rankings/Thoughts"
LAST EDITED ON 02-27-08 AT 04:52 PM (EST)

1) David H. - He really had the best performance of the night. Excellent vocals.

2) David A. - I am knocking him down on spot for only one reason - picking the safe third verse instead of the first two.

Imagine there's no Heaven
It's easy if you try
No hell below us
Above us only sky
Imagine all the people
Living for today

Imagine there's no countries
It isn't hard to do
Nothing to kill or die for
And no religion too
Imagine all the people
Living life in peace

Imagine no Heaven, no religion, no <b>countries</b>! The song is still revolutionary and David chose to sing the safe verse, not the controversial ones. I believe him when he says the third verse is his favorite, but I still think it was weak move.

3) Luke - The guy can sing! I really enjoyed this performance. Unfortunately I had to double check which unknown singer it was who sang that song. Not a good sign for Luke. It's a shame he's probably going home this week.

4) David Cook - I enjoyed it, but I didn't love it. I think Simon is right on the money with the no charisma comment. Plus, he can really sing - pick a song that shows off your voice, David!

5) Chickeze - He was good this week. I still don't like him all that much but he gets props for climbing out of that hole he dug last week.

6) Michael - He was just okay which is surprising as I think he's probably the best all around performer there.

7) Danny - Nice to hear actually sing a song. He's got a great voice but he is scared up there. He could easily be the journey contestant who gets better each week and figures out who he is and we're all rooting for him. Or he'll be Sanjaya.

8) Jason - I still don't like him very much. He is another one, like Cook, who lacks personality.

9) Robbie - He really doesn't come across as authentic. Sorry, Robbie.

10) Jason - End his torment. And ours.

echogirl 2120 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

02-27-08, 07:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail echogirl Click to send private message to echogirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Top 10 Boys Rankings/Thoughts"
So far much more love for the girls than the guys....

1. David Hernandez "Papa Was A Rolling Stone" - Love the song choice as I think it suited him well. Best combination of singing & performance.

2. Chikezie "I Believe To My Soul" - Doing lesser known songs (at least lesser known to the general public) is always risky. However he nailed it! Having missed the first boys episode I was shocked to hear he was in danger. However his attitude and rather bland look may hurt him in the long run.

3. Jason Castro "I Just Want To Be Your Everything" - Much better than the judges gave him credit for. Sure the song is a bit sappy but I liked the arrangement and there is a sincerity in his voice and personality that I find charming.

4. David Archuletta "Imagine" - Not blown away by him like the judges and audience seem to be, but the kid does have talent. That said I think a song like "Imagine" is more effective with a simplistic rendering that doesn't distract from the song's message. I think he's a shoe-in for the Top 4 however, but if he wins I predict a very bland and manipulated recording career. Takes more than a great voice IMO.

5. David Cook "All Right Now" - Appears to be this season's best rocker. A solid but unspectacular "safe" performance for him. Don't care for his attitude.

6. Michael Johns "Go Your Own Way" - Great song choice, mediocre performance.

7. Danny Noriega "Superstar" - He's this year's Sanjaya. More talent perhaps but he could get annoying quickly.

T9. Robbie Carrico "Hot Blooded" - I never liked the original and thought he was pretty bad despite trying to play it safe. Looks like a rocker, but doesn't give me that vibe.

T9. Luke Menard "Killer Queen" - Pretty on the eyes, yes. However I didn't care for his Freddy Mercury even if that song seemingly should have fit him well.

10. Jason Yeager "Long Train Running" - That had to be one of the most dreadful performances I have ever seen on AI. EVERYTHING about his performance just annoyed the heck out of me! His vocals, his interpretation, his dancing, his smiling. Yuck! How did he get this far?

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •