The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Sarah's ETOnline interview"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

SurvivorBlows 15230 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-22-02, 05:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorBlows Click to send private message to SurvivorBlows Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Sarah's ETOnline interview"

I thought there were a couple of notables things in it, plus she actually comes across much better than in her Early Show and web chat interviews (she must have gotten better as the press junket went along.)

http://etonline.com/mini/survivor_marquesas/ousted-ints4.htm

I'll add my comments later, but I wanted to get this posted.

-SB

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 Why Does She Mention Vecepia? Seyz 03-22-02 1
   RE: Why Does She Mention Vecepia? Loree 03-22-02 3
       RE: Why Does She Mention Vecepia? I_AM_HE 03-22-02 6
           vote of confidence mavsfan 03-26-02 10
   RE: Why Does She Mention Vecepia? wendyp 03-22-02 4
   RE: Why Does She Mention Vecepia? Kokoro 03-23-02 8
 interesting things weltek 03-22-02 2
   RE: interesting things Loree 03-22-02 7
 RE: Sarah's ETOnline interview curveball 03-22-02 5
   RE: Sarah's ETOnline interview PepeLePew13 03-23-02 9
       RE: Sarah's ETOnline interview In The Woods 03-26-02 11
   RE: Sarah's ETOnline interview samboohoo 03-27-02 12
       RE: Sarah's ETOnline interview sorgee 03-27-02 13

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Seyz 198 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

03-22-02, 05:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Seyz Click to send private message to Seyz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "Why Does She Mention Vecepia?"
I found it extremely strange that she mentioned Vecepia out of nowhere. It's not as if she was purposely asked about Vecepia.

ET: Any advice to who is left on the island?

SARAH: If I was Vecepia, just to fit in. I think she is doing a real good job with that. No drama, just go with the flow, and that seems to work for the winner.

To me it sounds like Vee might make it far..And what's with this "winner" comment.
But Sarah and Vee were never close to begin with. In fact, I think they're the least close out of all the remaining Maraamus. So why would Sarah "give advice" to Vee and not say Rob. Does this indicate that Vee could be a "winner" in this game.
Of course, MB may have told Sarah to say this. Who knows?

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

03-22-02, 05:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Why Does She Mention Vecepia?"
The Vee comment made me go "Hmmm?" too. I went back and reread the question thinking they had asked her about Vee. But they just asked about the players in general. It could just be that Vee is the only one of the original Maraamus she hasn't mentioned so she realized this and decided to mention her. We all see that Vee seems to be lying low and fitting in at Rotu. So saying that isn't telling us anything new. But she does say the winner did that. Is she giving us a hint that a loud mouth person who wants to lead does not win? Zoe has certainly kept a low profile. But how would Sarah know that if she is out of the game?

I_AM_HE 6123 desperate attention whore postings

03-22-02, 06:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail I_AM_HE Click to send private message to I_AM_HE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Why Does She Mention Vecepia?"
LAST EDITED ON 03-22-02 AT 06:55 PM (EST)

i don't think she's saying that about this winner at all (at least not necessarily). she said "that seems to work for the winner"- ie, its a good strategy in general; it has worked for winners and finalists in previous seasons (Tina, Ethan, Kim), and is likely to work for someone again. She's just saying Vee's strategy is a good one that was worked well before, but not that it necessarily works for her.

That said, it could work for her, though I have a hard time seeing how.

mavsfan 693 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

03-26-02, 01:53 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mavsfan Click to send private message to mavsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "vote of confidence"
Baseball managers, football coaches and SURVIVOR contestants usually have the dreaded "vote of confidence" still ringing in their ears as the Ax falls.

I don't remember ANY SURVIVOR contestant, who's mentioned by a bootee in terms of "I think/hope X will do well." lasting more than 2-3 episodes. I don't remember it EVER being an actual sign that X does well.

I think the players are so worried that MB MIGHT ACTUALLY SUE THEM for the $5 million penalty in their non disclosure contracts, that we can bet heavily ANYTHING mentioned as a FUTURE event is 180 degrees wrong.

Booted players are eager for their 15 minutes of fame, but can't tell what they know. Even telling a lie that might be CONFUSSED with the truth could cost them $5 million.

It's far easier to tell the OPPOSITE of the truth (thus protecting yourself against MB), than it is to invent and remember a bunch of lies.

If a booted player says "I like X" that's fine and probably true.
If a booted player says "I had a lot of fun" that's fine & true.
But when specific events/outcomes are mentionedsuch as "I had fun wiht X on The Looser Cruise" - don't believe a word of it. Believe the opposite.

wendyp 2081 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

03-22-02, 05:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail wendyp Click to send private message to wendyp Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Why Does She Mention Vecepia?"
Okay I find it interesting that she says no drama, go with the flow, and that seems to work for the winner. They showed Kathy saying go with the Flow and Vee talking about drama. Does it mean that these two people that have said this make it far in the game?

Or could it be an indcator that the people that have caused drama were booted . . . Sean, John, Kathy, Rob and maybe Gabe.

No drama people ~ Paschal, Neleh, Zoe
The others are still hard to tell.

Kokoro 3899 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

03-23-02, 08:22 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Kokoro Click to send private message to Kokoro Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Why Does She Mention Vecepia?"
Possibly Rob/Sean(/Gina) are all out before the merge and since she doesn't know anything after the 7th boot she hopes Vecepia does well.

----------------------------------------
Now let us never speak of S3 again.

weltek 16936 desperate attention whore postings

03-22-02, 05:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail weltek Click to send private message to weltek Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "interesting things"
At the end she only mentions advice for Vee. In her other interviews she said Rob would fit in Rotu. Nothing has been said about Sean. That gives me the feeling that Sean is outta there...ok, so I've got other reasons for thinking that too, all of which are obvious.

I also found it interesting, but of no spoiler value, that Hunter was so rude with his comments toward Sarah (the belittling). Who knew?

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

03-22-02, 10:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: interesting things"
Okay I mentioned before that Gabe and Sean supposedly knew each other before the game. Now the Star Magazine is stating this. I don't read this magazine but it is suppose to be in next week's magazine with Halle Berry on the cover. The word is that the scene between Gabe and Sean on the beach was staged. Is this secret strategy?

Word around Belly bar where Gabe works and Sean is friends with Mike Boogie is that Sean makes it to the final 6 or 4. And that Gabe gets voted off for doing something stupid. But Gabe does make the merge.

The word about the Belly bar talk comes from a person that goes to the bar and always told the latest about Mike and friends during BB2. He was always correct then so I believe this is the real talk around the bar. But do they really know or did Gabe or Sean tell tales? I don't know.

curveball 225 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

03-22-02, 06:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail curveball Click to send private message to curveball Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Sarah's ETOnline interview"
A few classic Sarah lines...and my responses...

"I have been recognized a lot. Especially at work."
...yea, those co-workers tend to do that...

"My shirt flew off when I jumped in the water."
...sweetie, if this happened, we all would have seen it...

"The busy work didn't seem important to me..."
...we know...

"I think I could have done more work."
...I doubt it...

"but I would consider Playboy for the right amount of money"
...hey, you'd do it for next to nothing, and you know it...

"I had no idea about the evil eyes that Gina gave me until watching TV. At the time I didn't notice it, but watching TV that surprised me a lot. I really liked Gina, I thought she was a nice girl."

...my take on this is she did not spend any time with gina, otherwise she would have known how Gina felt, and so therefor Gina makes it to the jury (which I know, is not that big of a surprise, but the fact that she did not mention Rob that much means maybe he makes it too)

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings

03-23-02, 01:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Sarah's ETOnline interview"

>"I had no idea about the evil eyes that Gina gave
>me until watching TV. At the time I didn't notice
>it, but watching TV that surprised me a lot. I
>really liked Gina, I thought she was a nice girl."
>
>...my take on this is she did not spend any time
>with gina, otherwise she would have known how Gina felt,
>and so therefor Gina makes it to the jury (which
>I know, is not that big of a surprise, but
>the fact that she did not mention Rob that much
>means maybe he makes it too)

Actually, my take on this is that it could go either way. One, Gina could have been booted in the next two episodes and they got to know each other better in loser's quarters -- and Sarah saw Gina as a real nice person and Gina no longer needed to "play the game" so was able to see Sarah in a different way.

On the other hand, it could be a good indicator that Gina goes further -- and if Rob gets booted soon, well there's already been lots of talk about Sarah and Rob, there's really not much else to say about her relationship with Rob that she hasn't already said, so whether she mentioned Rob or not doesn't really have the same impact as mentioning Gina.

In The Woods 55 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

03-26-02, 10:46 AM (EST)
Click to EMail In%20The%20Woods Click to send private message to In%20The%20Woods Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Sarah's ETOnline interview"
After reading the e-onine chat, it just tells me that Sarah is just the typical rich kid who has everyone do everything for her including answering questions. Now that she has to do this for herself, she shows how dumb she really is. My guess, and its just that, a guess, is that she mentions Vee for advice since they didn't get along, and with her thinking it won't get her in trouble. She probably thinks that by mentioning the Robfather or Sean, she would get in trouble. Most of the other answers in the chat are just plain silly. Please don't send me to bashers, I'm just giving my opinion

samboohoo 17173 desperate attention whore postings

03-27-02, 09:10 AM (EST)
Click to EMail samboohoo Click to send private message to samboohoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Sarah's ETOnline interview"
I don't believe a thing sarah says. Regarding her comment about being recognized at work, she said on the Early Show that she didn't go back to work, so hmmmmmmm.

sorgee 1455 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

03-27-02, 12:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sorgee Click to send private message to sorgee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Sarah's ETOnline interview"
LAST EDITED ON 03-27-02 AT 12:53 PM (EST)

i think that i read/heard/saw somewhere that she was now working as a freelance photographer. if that is true it would explain how she managed to not go back to her work, but still be recognized by people that see her at work.

either way, i'm having a hard time getting clues to spoilers from anything that she says.

"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

Don't do the action if you can't handle the reaction. ~deborah briggs

"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""
i really must learn how to type before i start posting more frequently or my spelling will scare everyone away!!!!!!!!!!!

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •