The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Did Sara slip up on the Early Show"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

shakes the clown 3366 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

03-21-02, 07:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail shakes%20the%20clown Click to send private message to shakes%20the%20clown Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Did Sara slip up on the Early Show"
Just watched the tape of the Early Show and Sara had this to say about Gina...

I liked Gina
She's strong, she deserved to be out there.
She had a good time.
She did very well.

This was said in a stream of consciousness type of statement, just kind of rampling off things about Gina. It definitely did not have the deliberate manufactured "i'm cheering for Hunter" type of feel to it.

So, I don't think it was a deliberate attempt at misdirection.

So, the question becomes, what did she mean by that?

Sara is pretty dumb, even by Survivor standards. That much is undeniable. So, I believe she IS dumb enough to actually mean that Gina does well in the game, but not smart enough to stop herself from saying it. She did refuse to say how far Sean went into the game, but that was to a direct question regarding whetehr or not Sean was in the final four. The Gina comment was in response to a generic "what do you think about Gina" comment.

But, Sara is also one of the more non-competitive people ever to be cast on this show...in fact I think you can argue that she has the least competitive spirit of ANYONE ever cast on this show. So, on that note, its possible that she can equate "doing very well" as simply being able to survive the conditions of being on the island.

Also, she might have just meant that up to that point in which Sara left the game, Gina had done very well, although I don't know if Sara is capable of such abstract thought. To her, the past is the past, not some moment that stops at the end of episode #4.

So, all in all, do we have a spoiler here? Hard to say with certainty, but I would definitely include it in the pile of circumstantial evidence that favors Gina doing well in the game. And as we all suspect, however far Gina goes, Gabe can't be far behind (or ahead).

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Did Sara slip up on the Early S... SurvivorBlows 03-21-02 1
   RE: Did Sara slip up on the Early S... SurvivorBlows 03-21-02 3
 RE: Did Sara slip up on the Early S... SurvivinDawg 03-21-02 2
 RE: Did Sara slip up on the Early S... SurvivorBlows 03-21-02 4
 RE: Did Sara slip up on the Early S... cowboyroo 03-22-02 5
   RE: Did Sara slip up on the Early S... red 03-22-02 6
       RE: Did Sara slip up on the Early S... SurvivorBlows 03-22-02 7
   RE: Did Sara slip up on the Early S... SurvivorBlows 03-22-02 8

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

SurvivorBlows 15230 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-21-02, 07:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorBlows Click to send private message to SurvivorBlows Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Did Sara slip up on the Early Show"

I watched the CBS.com stream this afternoon and I noticed the same thing and made the same note on a sticky I had handy (but didn't yet have time to post it.)

...I also noted a comment she made about SEAN that could possibly mean he lasts another couple of weeks -- but for the life of me I can't remember right now what it was, I'll have to rewatch it.

-SB

PS Am I the only one who has a pet peeve with CBs apparently putting the MAJORITY of the Survivor interviews online, but for some reason always seeming to leave out a bit? It's always clear that the endings of the clips are not the natural ending of the interview piece.

03-21-02, 08:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorBlows Click to send private message to SurvivorBlows Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Did Sara slip up on the Early Show"
>...I also noted a comment she
>made about SEAN that could
>possibly mean he lasts another
>couple of weeks -- but
>for the life of me
>I can't remember right now
>what it was, I'll have
>to rewatch it.

Woops, I just re-read your above FULL message and just realized that the "Sean comment" I was trying to remember was the same "Final Four" response that you already noted.

-SB

SurvivinDawg 6816 desperate attention whore postings

03-21-02, 07:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivinDawg Click to send private message to SurvivinDawg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Did Sara slip up on the Early Show"
If Gina makes the merge, Sarah might call that "doing very well". In other words, if Sarah doesn't see a contestant in Loser Lodge, then that contestant has done "very well." That would be my take on her comment.

*** Contradictions don't exist. If you are faced with a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong. -- Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

03-21-02, 10:02 PM (EST)
4. "RE: Did Sara slip up on the Early Show"

OK, after seeing Sarah also reply with the below in her web chat, I'm thinking that Sarah's comments about Gina are along the lines of those that Patricia made of Sarah -- one loser not wanting to publicly hold any hard feelings for another loser. My thought would be that maybe Gina is the last pre-jury bootee??? (I can't see them botting her before Ron and Sean.)

====================================

What did you think of Gina?
Really nice girl. She deserved to be out there and we will remain friends.

cowboyroo 590 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

03-22-02, 01:00 AM (EST)
Click to EMail cowboyroo Click to send private message to cowboyroo Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Did Sara slip up on the Early Show"
Sarah meant that at least the man Gina latched onto didn't talk derogatively about her on National TV

Rob seems to be being painted much like Lex. The (not as evil as he appears on TV) routine.

Shakes and webbie,

I noticed the same things about Gina and Sean, but what I was paying attention most to were her facial expressions. When she was asked about Sean making Final 4, her face had that "How do you know" look to it....

I didn't tape it but wanted to watch again for more body language/facial expression clues.

red 140 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

03-22-02, 02:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail red Click to send private message to red Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Did Sara slip up on the Early Show"
Am I missing something, or don't we still assume on these boards that people booted pre-merge know nothing about what happened post-merge. So I see no reason to conclude anything further than, at most, Gina makes the merge. Which seems likely at this point. I"m thinking Maraamu would boot Kathy over her.

Furthermore, I'm thinking back on Patricia's "friends" that we might conclude from her comments. Her only "friend" was Hunter which implies he's the only person she really liked at Loser Lodge. Which makes me also think Gina makes the merge. And she mentioned no Rotu - either as damage control or because she didn't get to know any. I think a case could be made that the next two bootees are Rob and Sean based on Patricia's chat comments. Or am I missing something?

03-22-02, 05:08 PM (EST)
7. "RE: Did Sara slip up on the Early Show"
>Am I missing something, or don't
>we still assume on these
>boards that people booted pre-merge
>know nothing about what happened
>post-merge.

You're missing something... because I don't know when we've ever believed that the pre-merge bootees don't know who are the Final Two/Four.

The all get together for an on-location wrap party before (nearly) all flying back to the States together. To think that 9 of the players don't tell the other 7 what happened after they left is unreasonable.

-SB

03-22-02, 05:09 PM (EST)
8. "RE: Did Sara slip up on the Early Show"
LAST EDITED ON 03-22-02 AT 05:48 PM (EST)

>When she was asked about Sean making Final 4, her
>face had that "How do you know" look to it....

Funny, I looked at it as more of a "what the hell are you smoking" look.

-SB

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •