The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Original Rotu Alliances appear to be...."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Blueville 115 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

03-21-02, 01:04 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Blueville Click to send private message to Blueville Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Original Rotu Alliances appear to be...."
Okay, I’m risking starting a new thread since I haven’t found one dedicated to this. I’ve lurked for 3 seasons and posted occasionally. I don’t have time to lurk AND post. Flame if you will.

Some have mentioned that we don’t know much about the original Rotu alliances because they haven’t had much face time through Ep. 3. I think more was revealed in Ep. 4.

There appears to be a pretty solid alliance in Gabe, Zoe, Pappy, and Neleh. During the GetANewTribe Hokey Pokey, Gabe and Zoe stood together as soon as they got back to the Rotu mat. As Pappy walked to the MooMoo mat, Zoe blew him a kiss and winked. I couldn’t really get a read on Gabe because he had those mirror shades hiding his eyes, but his general facial expression seemed he wasn’t happy to lose Pappy.

John, Tammy, and Robert stood together at the far end of the Rotu mat when reunited.

When Jiffy dismissed them back to their camps, Zoe turned and waved to both Pappy and Kathy. Gabe had a male bonding moment with Robert and John. When he stepped away, he caught Pappy’s eye and they waved.

The only Rotu that didn’t seem to care about losing anyone were John, Tammy, and Robert.

And I get the idea that Kathy may not even know there are alliances, and if she does, she probably thinks she’s a part of one. But if John, Tammy, and Robert are aligned, then they could now be in the driver’s seat at Rotu. Gabe and Zoe lost two.

The Ep. 9 preview showed John asking Gabe if they were going to keep the original Rotu together. Is he asking as a tribesman would ask his leader, or making a diplomatic offer? If Rotu should lose the next two IC’s, and they use them to vote off Rob and Sean, the merge could occur and then Gabe, Zoe, Pappy, and Neleh are strong again. If they should decide to vote off EITHER Rob OR Sean, and then say....Gabe, they are still in control when the merge occurs. Does John understand this?

If John is truly aligned with Gabe in some way, then somebody else should be on the outside looking in. I can’t see right now who that would be. On an eight-person team, there’s no reason to be in an alliance greater than four people.

Blue

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Original Rotu Alliances appear ... smokedog 03-21-02 1
 RE: Original Rotu Alliances appear ... I_AM_HE 03-21-02 2
   RE: Original Rotu Alliances appear ... kdzgon 03-21-02 4
       RE: Original Rotu Alliances appear ... SurvivinDawg 03-21-02 5
 RE: Original Rotu Alliances appear ... alleyb 03-21-02 3
   RE: Original Rotu Alliances appear ... Blueville 03-21-02 6
       RE: Original Rotu Alliances appear ... simone 03-21-02 10
 RE: Original Rotu Alliances appear ... true 03-21-02 7
   RE: Original Rotu Alliances appear ... Blueville 03-21-02 8
       Don't shoot the messenger true 03-21-02 9
 RE: Original Rotu Alliances appear ... Blueville 03-29-02 11
   RE: Original Rotu Alliances appear ... ycartdraw 03-29-02 12
       RE: Original Rotu Alliances appear ... Mitrelleum 03-29-02 13

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

smokedog 1885 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

03-21-02, 01:12 AM (EST)
Click to EMail smokedog Click to send private message to smokedog Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Original Rotu Alliances appear to be...."
>There appears to be a pretty solid alliance in Gabe, Zoe, Pappy, and Neleh.

I noticed a comment made by Neleh at TC. She said that during the reorganization process of the tribes, she was bummed out that two of 'the strongest Rotu members' were no longer part of her tribe.

Gabe and Zoe were on the Rotu mat when Neleh picked up her new yellow buff. She was obviously sad that she was separated from those two. This backs up your theory a little, I'd say.

I_AM_HE 6123 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-21-02, 01:28 AM (EST)
Click to EMail I_AM_HE Click to send private message to I_AM_HE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Original Rotu Alliances appear to be...."
LAST EDITED ON 03-21-02 AT 01:37 AM (EST)

interesting take. i'm not sure...

but Tammy certainly didn't seem overly disappointed at the switch

another thing it would explain is Gabe's intensity to win immunity, and the E! online comment that Gabe might have to win immunity to stay in the game. and it would provide a scenario under which Zoe could be voted out, as in Varner X

i don't like where this is going at all...but i'm hopefully just letting my imagination run away with itself...

kdzgon 60 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

03-21-02, 06:28 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kdzgon Click to send private message to kdzgon Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Original Rotu Alliances appear to be...."
LAST EDITED ON 03-21-02 AT 06:29 AM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 03-21-02 AT 06:28 AM (EST)

Why *should* Tammy be upset? It was a win-win situation for Rotu. They lost their weakest members and their most annoying one - their tribe has strengthened game-wise. And, should they begin to lose ICs, they have several "disposable" tribe members now. As an added bonus, they are not forced to vote off the weaker members of the Love Tribe - it will be done for them if they lose the ICs, or alternatively, they "get them back" after the merge - no harm, no foul.

Despite Jeffie's well-rehearsed speech, I will never believe this move was pre-planned as their "destiny".

SurvivinDawg 6816 desperate attention whore postings

03-21-02, 07:31 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivinDawg Click to send private message to SurvivinDawg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Original Rotu Alliances appear to be...."
Despite Jeffie's well-rehearsed speech, I will never believe this move was pre-planned as their "destiny".

I *DO* think it was planned in advance... and it backfired miserably. Neither the conditions nor the result could have been any worse than what happened. But this is crossing the basher line and I have a post there, so I'll say no more at this point.

*** Contradictions don't exist. If you are faced with a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong. -- Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

alleyb 98 desperate attention whore postings

03-21-02, 05:33 AM (EST)
Click to EMail alleyb Click to send private message to alleyb Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Original Rotu Alliances appear to be...."
I suspect that since the Rotu tribe never went to tribal council and therefore never had to make good on any alliance promise...I don't know if any alliances have solidified in any way. Statements from various people on the CBS website seem to confirm this, especially a lengthy interview with Robert, post-switch, talking about how for the first time they are playing the game, going behind trees to discuss strategy and such. Of course, just because Robert wasn't in on it doesn't mean that people haven't been talking alliances (especially John--the ultimate Survivor fan). I'll post transcripts of some of the clips in another thread.

Test

03-21-02, 11:57 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Blueville Click to send private message to Blueville Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Original Rotu Alliances appear to be...."
You're right. From the comments the Rotu people have on the CBS site, it makes it sound like Rotu was one, big, 8-person happy family. But now it appears there could be a power struggle between Gabe and John. Is this why Gabe would be worried about being voted out? Do you think he doesn't want to go to TC and risk getting voted out?

And if John IS engaging in a power struggle, it means he has someone on his side to back him up with votes. I don't see that being Sean, Rob, or Vee at this point, although it wouldn't take much persuasion. Something along the lines of, "Hey guys, wanna stay in the game a little longer?"

Gabe has been the leader to this point, but realizing that Hunter got voted out may have him paranoid. I still think they will throw, or outright lose, the IC this week and possibly next week based on the titles of the episodes - "End of Innocence", and "The Underdogs".

simone 52 desperate attention whore postings

03-21-02, 01:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail simone Click to send private message to simone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Original Rotu Alliances appear to be...."
>And if John IS engaging in
>a power struggle, it means
>he has someone on his
>side to back him up
>with votes. I don't
>see that being Sean, Rob,
>or Vee at this point,
>although it wouldn't take much
>persuasion. Something along the
>lines of, "Hey guys, wanna
>stay in the game a
>little longer?"

This is pure speculation, but I think that, if there is a John-Tammy-Robert alliance, Vee could be the fourth person to round it out. In the challenge vidcaps, she is standing between John and Tammy, with Robert nearby - didn't Tina (I'm not sure) say to watch who people stood with in order to understand alliances? A four person alliance seems to be fairly standard (or at least a three-person alliance with a hanger-on, as in S3) and Vee is looking for some new friends right now. Plus, she's inoffensive enough to approach and not a danger to John (or Robert) in terms of an immunity run. Could we see another Lex, Tom, Ethan, and Mama Kim in John, Robert, Tammy, and Vee, respectively?

Or maybe all this is because I like Vee and hope (probably in vain) that she lasts a while.

true 9689 desperate attention whore postings

03-21-02, 12:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail true Click to send private message to true Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Original Rotu Alliances appear to be...."
An interesting tidbit from Sarah's appearance on the Early Show, may or may not shed some light on the inner workings of Rotu alliances.

When asked what she could have done differently after the tribes changed, she answered...I could have buddied up to Neleh OR Kathy and Paschal.

I found it very interesting that she separated them that way. Why not just say that she should have buddied up to Neleh, Kathy and Paschal. Maybe she picked up on Neleh's annoyance with Kathy, but didn't get the same vibe from Paschal. Or maybe it's possible that Kathy and Paschal are more tightly bonded, than we have been shown.

She also had nice things to say about Gina, even though it was clear to her that Gina didn't think too kindly of her during the game.

true

True friends stab you in the front -Oscar Wilde

03-21-02, 12:55 PM (EST)
8. "RE: Original Rotu Alliances appear to be...."
Yeah, but we KNOW Neleh and Paschal are tight. Neleh already said nothing could happen that would make her write that man's name down. And remember Neleh was the first Rotu to switch to MooMoo. When she picked up her new buff and headed for the mat, the camera shot to a very disappointed-looking Paschal.

I think Paschal may be a little more tolerant, given his age and stature, of Kathy than some of the younger people.

true 9689 desperate attention whore postings

03-21-02, 01:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail true Click to send private message to true Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "Don't shoot the messenger"
In no way did I say that Neleh and Paschal aren't tight, however, I do think that some people are putting way too much emphasis on it. Neleh did not say "nothing could happen that would make her write that man's name down" as you have stated. She just made a casual reference that it would be hard for her to vote for him because he is a nice guy. Pretty much everyone else on Rotu, said basically the same thing about him.

All I wanted to do was report what I heard Sarah say. She did separate Neleh from Kathy and Paschal in her statement. It could mean differnt things, Paschal being a little more tolerant is certainly one of them.

true

True friends stab you in the front -Oscar Wilde

03-29-02, 11:03 AM (EST)
11. "RE: Original Rotu Alliances appear to be...."
Bump.

So John was definitely the leader of his alliance with Tammy and Robert. But now I'm a little confused about where Zoe fits in. As mentioned above, I felt like Zoe was alligned with Gabe, Pappy and Neleh. But she voted for Gabe along with everyone else.

And I thought it was interesting that during Gabe's last words, the video of everyone voting was scrambled and not in the order in which the votes were cast during the TC. Zoe voted before Robert and someone else, yet her vote was shown last, and she wasn't shown holding the vote up making comments about Gabe. All we saw was her vote still sitting on the table with his name written on it.

Zoe has been cruising UTR and been friendly with everyone. But her body language indicated her alliance. So would she vote for Gabe just because everyone else was? Or was she never really alligned with him?

Blue

ycartdraw 46 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

03-29-02, 03:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ycartdraw Click to send private message to ycartdraw Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Original Rotu Alliances appear to be...."
One thing is for sure, Zoe is smart. I think she did have an alliance w/ Gabe/Neleh/Paschal. She would not have voted for him unless absolutely necessary, which it was. She knew that everyone else was voting on him so he was out no matter what. She is smart enough to realize that if she doesn't vote with them then she would be next. They would see her as against them and boom, she's outta there. She didn't want to vote against Gabe, and would not have under any other circumstances. But look at what happened to Kelly. She got booted because Lex THOUGHT she had voted for him. Even though she wouldn't have seen that I don't think, Zoe is clever and kept herself safe. Good job, Zoe.

Mitrelleum 257 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

03-29-02, 03:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Mitrelleum Click to send private message to Mitrelleum Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Original Rotu Alliances appear to be...."
It is not too uncommon for the end credit votes to be in a different order. When the actual voting is shown, the order is rearranged to create suspense when they reveal one or two of the votes. The order during the end credits is the correct order, which is generally the order they are sitting in at TC.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •