The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"CBS website preview for episode 5"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

bergdogg 380 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

03-21-02, 00:41 AM (EST)
Click to EMail bergdogg Click to send private message to bergdogg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"CBS website preview for episode 5"
This is off the CBS Survivor website:

Next Week On Survivor

-The tribe that wins the reward challenge gets to raid the other tribe's camp.

-One castaway's innocent comment sparks a flurry of activity.

-The new Maraamu celebrates its discovery of a new source of food.

-A new leader seeks to assume power at Rotu.

Any thoughts folks?? I have a lot of interest on this "new leader" who seeks power at Rotu.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: CBS website preview for episode... ulalame 03-21-02 1
 RE: CBS website preview for episode... combatwombat 03-21-02 2
 RE: CBS website preview for episode... I_AM_HE 03-21-02 3
 RE: CBS website preview for episode... smokedog 03-21-02 4
 RE: CBS website preview for episode... tribephyl 03-21-02 5
 RE: CBS website preview for episode... cowboyroo 03-21-02 6
   RE: CBS website preview for episode... Loree 03-21-02 9
       RE: CBS website preview for episode... TheWanderer 03-21-02 11
           RE: CBS website preview for episode... Spidey 03-21-02 13
 RE: CBS website preview for episode... katem 03-21-02 7
   Zoe! Come out, come out, where ever... smiley 03-21-02 8
       RE: Zoe! Come out, come out, where ... Loree 03-21-02 10
       RE: Zoe! Come out, come out, where ... Tatina 03-22-02 18
   RE: CBS website preview for episode... alleyb 03-22-02 16
 RE: CBS website preview for episode... Cin 03-21-02 12
 pure speculation -- but I need to k... kiki_k 03-21-02 14
 RE: CBS website preview for episode... soulSurvivor_23 03-22-02 15
   RE: CBS website preview for episode... simone 03-22-02 17

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

ulalame 778 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

03-21-02, 00:50 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ulalame Click to send private message to ulalame Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: CBS website preview for episode 5"
Re. the new leader -- perhaps we'll see a slackers' overthrow and the Robfather will take charge (yeah rite). In reality, it will probably be John or Tammy, who disagree with Gabe's whole-hearted desire to win everything, if only to convince him that the best strategy is to throw the IC challenge so they can boot the Moomoo deadwood.

If the winner-gets-to-raid had to do with the IC, I think it might be an effective way to preclude Rotu from throwing the challenge, but since it's the RC, I don't think it will play too much in how things go--unless as part of the "raiding" they get to take players.

Maraamu's new source of food is probably just more of the freshwater shrimp we saw them going after tonight.

combatwombat 15 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

03-21-02, 01:01 AM (EST)
Click to EMail combatwombat Click to send private message to combatwombat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: CBS website preview for episode 5"
Only vidcaps and prior discourse to discuss, hence three points;

- John's facing off with the Archangel Gabriel (who incidentally MAY have been felt threatened at the last IC. Thinking: "Whoops!? Where's Hunter?" and "Uh-oh, what if John votes with the three Moo-Moo 'regicides', and I'm next?")

- John's easy, relaxed body language, arms around the crew, 'once-more-unto-the-breach' step forward for the Coconut Chuck Challenge

- Sean's stand-offish, 'only one not touching others' stance at aforementioned Coconut Shy, suggests he "ain't no damn fool spear-chucker", but it also may mean that he is scoping rather than leading

Methinks, maybe John wants the lead-role?

"We are all road-kill on the information super-highway" - Al Gore (WHO??)

I_AM_HE 6123 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-21-02, 01:02 AM (EST)
Click to EMail I_AM_HE Click to send private message to I_AM_HE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: CBS website preview for episode 5"
I also think the "new leader" is probably John, based on the preview, and his previous comments

another note of interest is the opinion poll up at cbs.com:
Who did the switch benefit the most?
Gina
Kathy
ROB- why Rob? The only way I can see that it benefited him was putting him on the stronger tribe and therefore not making him go back to TC. But the same can be said for Sean *cough* and Vee. Any potential spoiler value here? Does this mean Rob DOES get an advantage by being able to crack Rotu? Or (more likely IMO), is it misdirection, and Rob is going to go very soon?

smokedog 1885 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

03-21-02, 01:26 AM (EST)
Click to EMail smokedog Click to send private message to smokedog Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: CBS website preview for episode 5"
>One castaway's innocent comment sparks a flurry of activity.

Would think this occurs at Rotu, as Maraamu doesn't have enough bodies for a flurry of anything. This comment is probably linked to the next point, something like "Hey guys, what if we throw some challenges?" This might get two portions of the tribe to fight it out over strategy. I say 'portions' because I think this discussion would be had by the 5 original Rotu's and not in the prescence of Rob, Sean, and Vee.

>A new leader seeks to assume power at Rotu.

John and Gabe are probably the leaders of the two factions. In order to get the majority in a vote situation, one of these two would have to talk to the old Maraamu trio to pick up some more votes.

tribephyl 12393 desperate attention whore postings

03-21-02, 01:54 AM (EST)
Click to EMail tribephyl Click to send private message to tribephyl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: CBS website preview for episode 5"
One castaway's innocent comment sparks a
flurry of activity.

Not exactly sure who would say something innocent, oh...ok... I do know, it will be Rob. But, that is where the title comes from. "The End of Innocence" Therefore, the seemingly innocent remark is the most likely the lead up to the bootee in Ep.5,

A new leader seeks to assume
power at Rotu.

Rob and Sean would be absolute...ahhh...geeez...um...CRETIN'S, to try to wrassle leadership from...well geez, maybe even an Alpha-No-No at the moment. I think this is really no real big deal in regards to the next few TC's. 'Cause my feeling is that Gabe and John, catfight. No wait John and Gabe, catfight. Which will only make a big difference when they are Rotu 8 to ReMaraamu 2(my picks: Vee and Gina as the last 2 Orig.M's)at merge.

The tribe that wins the reward
challenge gets to raid the
other tribe's camp.

My prediction on this only comes from viewing the pic's of John and Gabe. John's confrontation may only be spurred by the fact that Rotu continues their 6-0 record at the moment. Raiding the camp of RE-Maraamu, and forcing the winless ReMaraamu's to...

The new Maraamu celebrates its discovery
of a new source of
food.

It's the shrimp! But didn't we see that in Ep.4

I believe that Rotu will throw IC only after realizing that they have a couple of Sarahsites at their own camp right now.

*Little side note I think John is more upset about Kathy and Paschel and Neleh leaving, then we I was led to believe. Gabe may be trying to get Kathy and the rest voted out.(lil Devil's advocate there)

cowboyroo 590 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

03-21-02, 10:50 AM (EST)
Click to EMail cowboyroo Click to send private message to cowboyroo Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: CBS website preview for episode 5"
-The tribe that wins the reward challenge gets to raid the other tribe's camp

Here goes Rotu again. I don't think there are many challenges the newly formed Maraamu can win, so MB will save them for Immunity.

This will go hand in hand with the title of the Episode. My gut tells me Gabriel felt bad about Sean's ranting, that they're not going to be given a fair chance and going to be voted off so why bother working so Gabriel brings it up for discussion. Rob sees that Gabriel "thinks he's smarter than he is". I think we may see Rob's "super-intelligence" this episode. We've seen the theme of keep your enemies close by you.....Gabriel is most likely a threat to all and he saw what happened to Hunter at Maraamu. Rob wants him gone. But how? Ally WITH him to vote out someone most likely John by the way the preview went. This will form a tie. Then change votes from John to Gabriel in the tiebreaker. This way you only need ONE person to vote with you instead of two and you accomplish the same thing. Vee can now be the Maraamu spy. She is definitely on the "in" with the old Rotu members but claimed her loyalty to Maraamu but will not get involved in the drama. Perfect, just what the Godfather wanted.

-The new Maraamu celebrates its discovery of a new source of food.

I think this is in reference to their prayer session. I think they are talking spiritual food here, not literal food.

-A new leader seeks to assume power at Rotu.

This is most definitely Rob, but is going to be behind the scenes not outright.

With this information, and the official CBS photos I believe that Gabriel will be sent packing this week. I think the CBS Official photos are taken at loser lodge (Vecepia's nappy hair). Peter/Patricia have same background. Hunter, Gina, Sarah, Gabriel are all taken at the SAME palm tree. Hunter, Sarah gone. I think Gina will be gone in the "underdogs" episode, which I think will contain an early merge, which would leave Gabriel to go now, giving all four of them the opportunity to have their CBS photos taken at the same palm tree.

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

03-21-02, 11:12 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: CBS website preview for episode 5"
Well that would explain Gabe's mother's remark that Gabe really liked Gina if they were at loser lodge together.

I found it interesting that Gabe is the one that got upset with Kathy for always going off by herself working. He told her to stop and sit and talk with the others and get to know them. Yet now we see Gabe always watching Rob and Sean. He isn't talking to them and getting to know them. He wants them to work, work, work. I wonder if Sean's rant struck a chord with Gabe. Maybe Gabe thought Sean had a point. Gabe always seems to be the peacemaker and wants everyone to be a happy family. But they really showed alot of shots of Gabe observing Rob and Sean. It almost seemed like a premonition.

We know from John's little chats to the camera that he really wants to be the leader. Could John feel threatened by the fact that others listen to Gabe more than him? John is the one that wants to catch a pig so much. Rob wanted to catch a chicken. Maybe they will bond over this and catch some food together. Rob was working with John on the pig snare. John could then try and use Rob and the other new tribemates to boot Gabe (his competition). And Gabe realizing that the Rotus can boot one of their own and still have the majority over the new Maraamus may be panicky and that is why he wants to win all the IC. This could cause the spat between John and Gabe. John wants to throw an IC and Gabe is worrying that it might be to boot him.

TheWanderer 267 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

03-21-02, 11:37 AM (EST)
Click to EMail TheWanderer Click to send private message to TheWanderer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: CBS website preview for episode 5"
LAST EDITED ON 03-21-02 AT 11:38 AM (EST)

If I recall the look on Rob's face, he didn't seem to like working with John on the pig snare. This may bebecause either didn't want to work, or is extremely homophobic (duh!)

Anyway, Gabe will not be sent packing. Sean goes, then Rob. Maybe Gabe and John were having a disagreement regarding cutting more slack to Sean and Rob, but remember, there's a great deal of editing.

Toru may very well win the RC, but will throw the IC, to get rid of Sean and then Rob.

Robert and Zoe are really UTR for right now. Their stories are yet to be developed (we saw a little bit of Rob last episode and this one). My guess is that Zoe lasts a long time.

Spidey 6259 desperate attention whore postings

03-21-02, 03:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Spidey Click to send private message to Spidey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: CBS website preview for episode 5"
I agree Gabe stays. No way Rotu will keep Sean's loud mouth around their tribe any longer than necessary. Plus, at this point, the whole Gabe liking Gina thing could just as easily come from making the merge together.

katem 3315 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

03-21-02, 10:53 AM (EST)
Click to EMail katem Click to send private message to katem Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: CBS website preview for episode 5"
You know, for the first time we saw a lot of Tammy. Her presence is quite calm and cool, but she did look upset at the two losers from Old Moomoo (I won't continue with my feelings for the two losers here, cause that belongs in bashers).

I think the lady is getting ready to start giving the orders, in a calm and cool sort of way. John and Gabe will "discuss" what John feels is the necessary and correct thing for Old Rotu to do (lose IC to get rid of losers), and ask Gabe to step back. But it will be Tammy that convinces Gabe, I think this woman is being set up for something big.

Does Zoe speak? Does she not have anything to say? Is MB hiding her? Is she invicible? Is she shy? Is MB hiding her? Does she have an aversion to the camera? Is it her strategy to be quiet? Is MB hiding her?

smiley 2009 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

03-21-02, 11:11 AM (EST)
Click to EMail smiley Click to send private message to smiley Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "Zoe! Come out, come out, where ever you are!"
Exactly! Not one word last night and a total of 4(??) lines so far? What does this all mean? In S3 Kim Powers was not seen in the beginning yet she did not go all the way. Does this mean Zoe will follow the same path? Or does this mean she will go all the way and therefore will have plenty of time to be shown later on. I am hoping for the later

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

03-21-02, 11:18 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Zoe! Come out, come out, where ever you are!"
Zoe and Robert seem in the background. If Robert hadn't hurt his foot the other week I don't know if we would have seen him either. We never hear Robert or Zoe give their opinion on anything. Do they have an opinion? John, Gabe and Tammy seem to be the ones talking for that tribe.

Tatina 112 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

03-22-02, 07:28 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Tatina Click to send private message to Tatina Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Zoe! Come out, come out, where ever you are!"
Kim P. did actually get some airtime early on, she was the narrator in one of the early episodes (either EP 1 or EP 2), and did get to say things like "Don't worry, we will vote Frank off" to the dehydrated Lidsey. Zoe has been even more invisible. Yet we know from other contestants' confessionals and even Sarah's chat that she has been extremely active. I think she is kept away from the limelight because she is in a winning alliance that simply can't be revealed before maybe at episode 9 or 10.

alleyb 98 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

03-22-02, 01:14 AM (EST)
Click to EMail alleyb Click to send private message to alleyb Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: CBS website preview for episode 5"
The way Zoe has been edited has been very interesting. I feel like we've seen a lot of telling shots of Zoe without ever hearing her speak. She has been shown as a group cheerleader and a comforter who reaches out to appease even psycho-Kathy. Everyone seems to be very fond of her, and she obviously isn't afraid to show her feelings (witness the hilarious glare that she gave Jeff Probst when the "Twist" was revealed). She is by far the most compelling non-entity we've seen in any Survivor. So--why is MB keeping her under the rug? I think this points to big things for her down the road in the game.

Cin 843 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

03-21-02, 12:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Cin Click to send private message to Cin Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: CBS website preview for episode 5"
LAST EDITED ON 03-21-02 AT 12:43 PM (EST)

One castaway's innocent comment sparks a
flurry of activity.

MB always likes to fool us with his little video clips and make us think something that is not gonna happy (like the Lex and Tom blow out on S3) I do not think John and Gabe are gonna shout it out. My feeling is that maybe Sean says something over the top and pisses Vee or Rob off. Or they say something that pisses him off. So far Sean is the most explosive person on the island, and when sparks are in a flurry of activity, I'd put my money Sean is in the middle of it somehow.

The new Maraamu celebrates its discovery
of a new source of food.

Yeah I think Kathy will cook up another Buffet either that or maybe they find some Wild Chicken eggs or something.

A new leader seeks to assume
power at Rotu.

Not sure about this one, It could be one of the Knuckleheads but I doubt that. John is kinda too obvious, let's look at the remaining ppl.

Zoe - She could just get fed up with the arguing and crap and put her foot down. This is a woman I'm sure a lot of them respect.

Tammy - We've been seeing more of her, and she may want to play a bigger part in the tribe now.....

Robert - I find Robert very interesting. Robert could possibly switch sides and join the knuckleheads and try to take control of Rotu. (although I hope not cause I kinda like the big guy, and that would be a bonehead move) thus bringing about the arrival of the "villian"

just my thoughts

Cin

kiki_k 1444 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

03-21-02, 05:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kiki_k Click to send private message to kiki_k Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "pure speculation -- but I need to know your thoughts"
>This is off the CBS Survivor
>website:
>
>Next Week On Survivor
>
>-The tribe that wins the reward
>challenge gets to raid the
>other tribe's camp.

Am I crazy or can MB really allow one tribe to raid the other's supplies (knife, water pot, etc) and NOT merge them? The reason this has crept into my head is because: 1. if memory serves, MB has never told us what the reward would be (he has hinted before, as in Ethan's goat thing being an "award that would change his world" etc., but never has he told us explicitly what the reward would be) and 2. the first two merges (not Africa), the tribe members had to select what they were taking with them for the merge -- but letting one tribe raid the other, that would take care of that.
Although, of course, the other "hints" go against this -- unless the jocking for leader in Rotu and the "new source of food" in Maraamu happens BEFORE the reward challenge. (the "innocent comment" thing could happen after a merge).

soulSurvivor_23 84 desperate attention whore postings

03-22-02, 00:16 AM (EST)
Click to EMail soulSurvivor_23 Click to send private message to soulSurvivor_23 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: CBS website preview for episode 5"

Just an option, but with the End of Innocence, could this possibly indicate the racial or religious conflicts reported earlier? The comment could shatter the innocence of the tribe or of the people involved.

Racial-

Definitely a Sean offense, with Vecepia backing him up later, but NO DRAMA for her. If I had to pick someone to make the offense...well, probably not Robert, because he deals with black people all the time in New York and has no questions. It's certainly not Rob, or anyone on Maraamu as well, and I'm guessing not Tammy, who's too cool to confront 'The Ambiguously Lazy Duo' (clever, Bergdogg!). Gabriel comes from a liberal community. Zoe's too quiet. If we eliminate both of those (Zoe less likely to spark offense than Gabe, who still has potential), that leaves John, whom I can see starting a conflict and then 'totally not meaning that at all'.

Religious-

Much more likely on Rotu, but if it is on Maraamu, then it's definitely a naive Mormon remark from Gina to Neleh, who might get upset if the comment was severe enough. I don't see that however. Sean and the Anti-Drama Queen are both Christians, so I could also see a negative comment coming from John, but also Gabriel or possibly Tammy.

Just exploring the possibilities....

simone 52 desperate attention whore postings

03-22-02, 02:18 AM (EST)
Click to EMail simone Click to send private message to simone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: CBS website preview for episode 5"
To kind of turn the religious tensions to go the other way: Sean and Vecepia seem quite devout, and so it's possible one of them could make a comment about John. Rob also could been in line to say something publically about John, given what he said in his confessional. Homophobic remarks could also irritate the rest of the tribe, even if John takes them well.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •