The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"ET Online preview holds clues or red herrings?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

NightScribe 761 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

03-20-02, 01:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail NightScribe Click to send private message to NightScribe Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"ET Online preview holds clues or red herrings?"
LAST EDITED ON 03-20-02 AT 01:43 PM (EST)

This is from etonline and was posted today. Here's the link, followed by the article.

<http://etonline.com/television/a9628.htm>

Survivor Sneak! Week Four

March 20, 2002

Check out Survival Central here!
-----------------------------------------------------------------

March Madness moves "Survivor: Marquesas" to Wednesday night again this week as the Rotu and Maraamu tribes square off en route to determining the lucky sole survivor.

In tonight's show -- "The Winds Twist" -- the 13 remaining survivors are presented with an unforeseen challenge. Neither executive producer MARK BURNETT nor CBS is saying exactly what that twist is, but they did reveal that the tenacious tribes will have to work even harder to preserve their alliances.

If you recall on "Survivor: Africa," the time came when the tribes were forced to swap members. That could be the mysterious "twist."

Earlier this year at a press conference following the wrap-up of "Survivor: Africa," Burnett told reporters, "It's incumbent upon me to not do the same-old, same-old. You're either going forward or going backwards. So I want to go forward, and it's risky."

And the Rotu and Maraamu tribes will have to endure whatever risk Mark has dreamed up. To date, the Rotu haven't lost a single survivor, but the Maraamu have lost three. So, a swap might really shake things up.

Speaking of taking risks, caution gets thrown to the Tahitian trade winds tonight when certain tribe members, who can't hold their tongues, decide to take charge of their own island destinies.

That may not be a smart move. Both HUNTER and PATRICIA tried to assume leadership roles and were voted off for their efforts.

Tune in to CBS tonight to see who will be the fourth survivor to take the walk of shame. And don't miss ET's inside glimpse on tonight's show.

There are also two pictures included with the article. One is of Gina, and the accompanying text reads "Will Gina get a shock on tonight's show?" The other is of Gabe, and the text reads "Rotu's Gabriel may need that immunity."

I'll post my thoughts on this later as I bounce this new information off of my preveious thoughts.

Have at it.

edited to say sorry, someone already posted this article on Bunglers Early Morning Show vidcaps thread. I guess this deserves it's own thread though, huh?

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: ET Online preview holds clues o... SurvivinDawg 03-20-02 1
   RE: ET Online preview holds clues o... true 03-20-02 3
   RE: ET Online preview holds clues o... lroy 03-20-02 5
   RE: ET Online preview holds clues o... GuessItRains 03-20-02 6
 RE: ET Online preview holds clues o... smiles 03-20-02 2
 RE: ET Online preview holds clues o... Loree 03-20-02 4
 More Clues ? true 03-20-02 7
   RE: More Clues ? Outfrontgirl 03-20-02 8
       RE: More Clues ? In The Woods 03-20-02 9
           RE: More Clues ? TheWanderer 03-20-02 12
 HMMM..... MikeD 03-20-02 10
 Tonight's ET Loree 03-20-02 11

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

SurvivinDawg 6816 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-20-02, 01:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivinDawg Click to send private message to SurvivinDawg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: ET Online preview holds clues or red herrings?"
Speaking of taking risks, caution gets thrown to the Tahitian trade winds tonight when certain tribe members, who can't hold their tongues, decide to take charge of their own island destinies.

To me, this confirms that there will be a Maraamu post-TC frank and open exchange of ideas and philosophies (some would call this an "argument").

Who owns ETOnline??? If it's CBS/Viacom, then this has "misdirection" written ALL over it. Gabe needs immunity?!?! (as that pic showed).

Is it possible to ram the possibility of a twist ANY harder down our throats?!?!

*** Contradictions don't exist. If you are faced with a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong. -- Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

true 9689 desperate attention whore postings

03-20-02, 02:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail true Click to send private message to true Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: ET Online preview holds clues or red herrings?"
>Who owns ETOnline??? If it's CBS/Viacom, then this has "misdirection" written ALL over it. Gabe needs immunity?!?! (as that pic showed).<

I think that they just needed a picture of a survivor (any one would do) to accompany the article. I don't believe it has any spoiler value whatsoever.

I do believe there will be a twist, not the same as S3, but a definate tweaking of the rules as we know them.

btw..thanks for pointing out the "log" on Bunglers thresd. It just proves how easy it is to be misled by vidcaps alone. It really helps, if you actually see the video in it's original form also.

true

True friends stab you in the front -Oscar Wilde

lroy 536 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

03-20-02, 02:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail lroy Click to send private message to lroy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: ET Online preview holds clues or red herrings?"
ET Online is owned by Paramount Pictures. Paramount Pictures is owned by National Amusements, Inc. (Dedham, MA). And in turn, National Amusements is owner of 83% of (drum roll please) Viacom... Big shocker. I can't believe my day job just help me post on the boards

GuessItRains 700 desperate attention whore postings

03-20-02, 02:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail GuessItRains Click to send private message to GuessItRains Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: ET Online preview holds clues or red herrings?"
The ONLY way Gabe would need to worry about immunity is if there is an early merge. In that case, Rotu has an 8-5 edge and can afford to sacrifice one of its own before turning its attention to the Maraamu. Witness last season when Boran nixed Clarence when they had a 6-4 edge. Of course, I still think Rotu would pick off a strong would-be "Alpha Male" like Rob or Sean rather than a member of the Love Tribe, so the real answer is that ET just wanted to throw in a picture of the character they are pumping as the young heartthrob now that Hunter is gone.

smiles 675 desperate attention whore postings

03-20-02, 02:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail smiles Click to send private message to smiles Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: ET Online preview holds clues or red herrings?"

That may not be a smart move. Both HUNTER and PATRICIA tried to assume leadership roles and were voted off for their efforts.

This (along with the other preview comment) makes it sound like Gina can't hold her tongue and Maraamu is going back to TC.

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

03-20-02, 02:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: ET Online preview holds clues or red herrings?"
I got this in my email from ET today. They are very careful to word it like they are only guessing and they aren't saying this is for sure. But why would we think Gabe needs immunity? I can't see Gabe being in trouble until there is individual immunity and then he may be seen as a threat. But he seems very well-liked on Rotu. And the way they worded the clip under Gina about her getting a shock. Are we suppose to wonder if she's hit by lightning? Or are they saying that she is shocked to be saved by a switch? I don't know why but I just don't know if I buy a switch this week. I feel like MB wants us to think that. But I'm not buying it yet.

true 9689 desperate attention whore postings

03-20-02, 02:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail true Click to send private message to true Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "More Clues ?"
I just read this over at SurvivorNews

http://www.survivornews.net/spoilers/

Episode 6 title revealed as The Underdogs

And in a radio interview, Jiffy refers to Gina as an underdog. Hmmmm...

03/20/02 - Jeff Probst in a KFOG radio interview this morning: "I hope Gina doesn't go." Jeff compared Hunter's boot to Gretchen, saying that it was a shock that they would vote someone off so valuable. "It'll never make sense." Rob and Sean were "caught up in being the alpha male" when they voted Hunter off. "Gina became the underdog, but it doesn't mean she'll go. The game changes fast."

true

True friends stab you in the front -Oscar Wilde

Outfrontgirl 6830 desperate attention whore postings

03-20-02, 03:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Outfrontgirl Click to send private message to Outfrontgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: More Clues ?"
Thanks true.
That is a truly interesting coincidence, as Probst definitely knows that title is coming up.

Gabe is my alternate pick tonight, fwiw, but since I didn't go with him for any Spoiler Island points I sure hope this is misdirection! Gabe has the potential to piss people off with his mouth, and if we do get to see Rotu alliances tonight or if he gets swapped, he could be very vulnerable in a minority.

Looks to me like Gina gets a reprieve, and maybe Maraamu as well.

In The Woods 55 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

03-20-02, 03:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail In%20The%20Woods Click to send private message to In%20The%20Woods Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: More Clues ?"
Just another quick thought. Alzheimers may be kicking in, but didn't someone post pictures of Gabes finger wrapped up in a bandage before this season started. My thinking is that either he does something stupid that costs his tribe, hence the "Gabe needs immunity." or the injury doesn't happen until a later episode meaning he stays.

TheWanderer 267 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

03-20-02, 06:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TheWanderer Click to send private message to TheWanderer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: More Clues ?"
If you watched Ep 3 carefully, you wold have noticed that Gabe did have his finger bandaged, only unliked some preview caps obtained before the show aired, we did not see the accident or the treatment. We did see John's injuries and treatments, as well as that of Robert. Don't know if this has any significance.

IMHO, the line from ETOnline is a red herring. Even if Rotu loses the IC this time (which I don't believe either), then Gabe would not be one of the first to go. I believe Maraamu loses tonight and Sarah goes. It's logical, not necessarily obvious.

MikeD 344 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

03-20-02, 03:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MikeD Click to send private message to MikeD Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "HMMM....."
What if JP tells the MooMoo tribe that if they vote another one of their tribe members off tonight - the two tribes are going to merge early?

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

03-20-02, 05:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "Tonight's ET"
I just watched ET on satellite. They didn't tell us much new. They showed the tree mail thing again from The Early Show. And they talked about Rob & Sarah's romance heating up tonight.

Then MB came on and was talking that something phenomonal happens in the first 10 minutes which totally changed the show. Of course he had that satanic gleam in his eye when he said it. So we don't know if he caused this to happen or if it just did.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •