The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Weight loss rumors: Confirmations Please!"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

shakes the clown 3366 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

03-19-02, 08:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail shakes%20the%20clown Click to send private message to shakes%20the%20clown Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Weight loss rumors: Confirmations Please!"
One of the problems we have seen involved in spoiling this show is keeping track of what information belongs in the fact basket and what info belongs in the rumor basket. Also, just as much of a problem is when info is somehow distorted like a game of telephone and we are left with a piece of info that is so mutated it is no longer truthful.

How does this happen? Well, early in the game there is so many spoilers and possible spoilers being thrown at us that it is hard to keep track of all of them. Often times, some of these spoilers seem to fall by the wayside, however after a few weeks they start to creep back into the discussion occasionally, until by the end of the game they are somehow accepted as fact.

Take for example the famous "Lis kicks butt vs Lis kicks butt in the challenges" scenario from S2. As we all know the former statement was the accurate one, but by the end of the show the latter statement was being quoted on all the spoiler boards as gospel. It ended up being used in virtually all of our theories as to who would be voted out in S2.

I wanted to post this thresd because I am starting to see several unconfirmed rumors, particularly with weigh loss, being posted on the board w/o questioning their authenticity.

This is important because one thing we have learned is that weight loss is one of, if not our best, sources of spoiler info.

With that in mind I'd like to use this thresd to come up with confirmations for any rumored weight loss we have for S3.

So far as I know, the contestants with rumored weigth loss are Gina, Zoe and Kathy. I believe Gabe's mom said he DIDN'T lose much weight. Also, we have heard that Sara comes home hungry (remember the People magazine spoiler about Tina?).

As far as I know, the Zoe weight loss is the ONLY weigth loss that has been confirmed as accurate.

The kathy weight loss rumor, I believe, has been completely discredited as a hoax on the EZboard, and yet we are stilltalking about it here....so we need to either confirm that one or get rid of it asap.

So, if anyone has any links or other forms of verification, come forward before we fall into the same trap we fell into with Lis in S2.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 Sarah Jones Krautboy 03-19-02 1
 Zoe Zanadakis Krautboy 03-19-02 2
 Gabriel Cade George Tirebiter 03-19-02 3
   RE: Gabriel Cade Spidey 03-20-02 8
   RE: Gabriel Cade TheWanderer 03-21-02 14
   RE: Gabriel Cade blondejuligirl 03-21-02 15
 Working on getting Kathy info. hrc2u 03-19-02 4
 Zap2It photos, Vee's hair and weigh... cowboyroo 03-20-02 5
   RE: Zap2It photos, Vee's hair and w... MikeD 03-20-02 7
 RE: Weight loss rumors: Confirmati... SurvivinDawg 03-20-02 6
   RE: Weight loss rumors: Confirmati... I_AM_HE 03-21-02 9
 Comment, no confirmation SherpaDave 03-21-02 10
   RE: Comment, no confirmation Krautboy 03-21-02 11
       RE: Comment, no confirmation SherpaDave 03-21-02 12
           kathy's weight loss wendyp 03-21-02 16
 Sarah's weight loss Loree 03-21-02 13
 RE: Weight loss rumors: Confirmati... Naked 03-21-02 17

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Krautboy 2750 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

03-19-02, 09:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Krautboy Click to send private message to Krautboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "Sarah Jones"
http://www.ocregister.com/news/survivor00207cci2.shtml
February 7, 2002
The Orange County Register

"Jones came back from "Survivor" starving for food and sporting plenty of mosquito bites, giving the impression that she had lasted awhile in the quest for the $1 million grand prize. Plus, she has the ability to get along with anyone, her roommates said, a key skill that can delay getting voted off by other competitors."

Krautboy

03-19-02, 09:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Krautboy Click to send private message to Krautboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "Zoe Zanadakis"
http://www.zwire.com/site/news.cfm?newsid=3373493&BRD=1466&PAG=461&dept_id=182766&rfi=6
February 25, 2002
The Republican Journal

“…Under contract with the series' producers, Zanidakis is not at liberty to divulge the outcome or any behind-the-scenes details of Survivor: Marquesas. She did say at a recent visit to her alma mater in Pittsfield that she did very well and lost 25 pounds during the experience…”

Krautboy

George Tirebiter 2982 desperate attention whore postings

03-19-02, 10:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail George%20Tirebiter Click to send private message to George%20Tirebiter Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "Gabriel Cade"
LAST EDITED ON 03-20-02 AT 09:24 AM (EST)

If the Sarah rumor counts, so should this.

At the end of February, the Asheville Citizen did a long article about the bedwetter, ending with this from his twin sister: Seeing her brother over the past couple of months, Emily Cade said he looked good, although he had lost a lot of weight while on the show. He had calculated that at some times on the island, the contestants were eating only about 800 calories a day.

Of course, this doesn't mean anything, if the sfever rumor/photo of him is true--

Gabe reported sailing near Taiohae and taken late November 2001 (that would take him out of the game in very short order, as TC4 takes place on what--Nov. 21st?)

GT

Spidey 6259 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-20-02, 11:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Spidey Click to send private message to Spidey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Gabriel Cade"
If Gabe goes at the merge episode, which would be the very first possibility (and a real one - major immunity threat), the timing is very close to get him on a sailboat before Nov. is out. Plus I really don't think it looks like him.

And as for weight loss in general, a lot of these folks have obviously lost a lot already, so the spoiling value of weight loss is just about at an end, IMHO.

TheWanderer 267 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

03-21-02, 02:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TheWanderer Click to send private message to TheWanderer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Gabriel Cade"
All castaways stay for the duration of the show, regardless if they are part of the jury or not. Supposedly, the castaways headed home on December 21st. Therefore, a late November return for anyone is out of the question.

blondejuligirl 40 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

03-21-02, 02:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail blondejuligirl Click to send private message to blondejuligirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Gabriel Cade"
That is SOOOOO not Gabe

hrc2u 146 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

03-19-02, 11:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail hrc2u Click to send private message to hrc2u Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "Working on getting Kathy info."
Sent an email off to a friend regarding Kathy. To see if any rumors in that area. Hopefully hear back before noon tomorrow.
hrc2u

cowboyroo 590 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

03-20-02, 02:55 AM (EST)
Click to EMail cowboyroo Click to send private message to cowboyroo Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "Zap2It photos, Vee's hair and weight loss"
This is kind of along the same subject, but in the "nice" photos that CBS uses, something stood out to me with Vecepia's hair and Jeff Varner's joke from Alicia about Vee's weave and lasting 39 days and how it would look. Well, have we yet seen Vee's hair a mess like it is in those pics so I was thinking those pics were taken at the end of the program after they cleaned up. This would explain why Vee's professional pictures for the CBS site would have her with nappy hair.

Then I kinda noticed how some of them looked a bit emaciated, and then started noticing a few other things. Sarah has bug bites on her face. Also, in the first set of pics on Zap2It, all Survivors are present except John.

I'm thinking we can find more clues here. Just a thought. Not at all written in stone, so no flames!

MikeD 344 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

03-20-02, 07:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MikeD Click to send private message to MikeD Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Zap2It photos, Vee's hair and weight loss"
nappy hair - HA!

SurvivinDawg 6816 desperate attention whore postings

03-20-02, 07:17 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivinDawg Click to send private message to SurvivinDawg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Weight loss rumors: Confirmations Please!"
I agree, let's confirm this stuff. First we hear that Zoe has lost 25 pounds. Then we hear that Kathy lost... 25 pounds. Now I'm hearing that Gina lost (you guessed it) 25 pounds.

Put this "25 pound weight loss" program in a bottle and sell it!

*** Contradictions don't exist. If you are faced with a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong. -- Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

I_AM_HE 6123 desperate attention whore postings

03-21-02, 00:17 AM (EST)
Click to EMail I_AM_HE Click to send private message to I_AM_HE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Weight loss rumors: Confirmations Please!"
Gina didn't have 25 pounds to lose! Yikes!

SherpaDave 8326 desperate attention whore postings

03-21-02, 00:25 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SherpaDave Click to send private message to SherpaDave Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "Comment, no confirmation"
In watching tonight's episode, I noticed that Kathy looked a lot thinner now than she looked at the beginning of the show. It's particularly telling in her face. If she hasn't lost 25 pounds yet, she's damned close. If the 25 pound figure is correct, her end should be coming very soon.

Criminals From the Neck Up

03-21-02, 00:44 AM (EST)
11. "RE: Comment, no confirmation"
How do you lose 25lbs in 10 days?

Krautboy

SherpaDave 8326 desperate attention whore postings

03-21-02, 01:16 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SherpaDave Click to send private message to SherpaDave Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Comment, no confirmation"
1. Be overweight to start with. Check.
2. Eat poorly all ten days. Check.
3. Exercise a lot. Check.

Seriously though, I don't know that I'd say she's lost 25 already, but I don't think 15-20 is at all out of the question.

Criminals From the Neck Up

wendyp 2081 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

03-21-02, 04:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail wendyp Click to send private message to wendyp Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "kathy's weight loss"
Also keep in mind now that she is in the MooMoo tribe they have all the fruit. Especially grapefruit. Fruit helps you "flush" you systems. If she had already lost some weight the fruit could help her get to the 25 lbs by merger or shortly after that.

If you start out big and put your body through and extreme change in eating habits and work out ethics you can drop it fast in the first 30 days.

I think the fruit will help her meet the weight loss theory even if she leaves the game right after merger. If Sarah lost 13 lb with all the fruit, count on kathy dropping the pounds.

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

03-21-02, 01:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "Sarah's weight loss"
On The Early Show Sarah said she lost 13 pounds. She was 90 pounds afterwards. She said watching herself on TV she realized how her ribs were showing. So if little Sarah could lose 13 pounds then I think it would be very easy for the larger players to lose 25 very quickly.

Naked 887 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

03-21-02, 05:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Naked Click to send private message to Naked Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Weight loss rumors: Confirmations Please!"

Shakes,

This year, I don't think that weight loss will be an issue as far as spoiling goes. There is an abundance of food where they are at, and I think that the only significant weight loss this year is happening because of exersize habits changing. Sarah lost 13 pounds because she was forced to be a lot more active physically than she normally would be. I think the same goes for Kathy. This year, the contestants are looking better physically instead of the emaciated look that has been typical on the other Survivor shows.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •