The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"SeeBS EYEmail 3/18/02"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

George Tirebiter 2982 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

03-18-02, 02:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail George%20Tirebiter Click to send private message to George%20Tirebiter Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"SeeBS EYEmail 3/18/02"
For those of us who like our "Spoilers" to have some basis in FACT, not just off-the-wall speculation, here is today's EYEmail--and lookee! It's still smokin'!

Uneasy Lies the Head…
Hunter Ellis's acknowledged role as leader of the Maraamu backfired on him as the tribe eliminated him after its third consecutive immunity challenge loss. On Wednesday, March 20, 8:00PM ET/PT the castaways face an unexpected challenge that threatens the survival of their tribes.

SURVIVOR Profile: Sarah Jones, 24, is an account manager for a clothing firm and a freelance photographer from Newport Beach CA. A graduate of Cal. St.-Fullerton, she recently achieved her goal of visiting all 50 states with a visit to Hawaii. Sarah enjoys rock climbing, dancing and traveling (obviously). Her luxury item is a pillow.

Previous EYEmail profilees:

2/19 Gabriel Cade
2/25 Patricia Jackson
3/4 Sean Rector
3/11 Neleh Dennis

Previous Bootees:

2/28 Peter Harkey
3/7 Patricia Jackson
3/13 Hunter Ellis

Anything our truly incisive brainiacs can determine from all this will be greatly appreciated. The only thing that jumps out at me off the bat is that L'il Miss Funbags (AKA Sarah and her twins, Thelma and Louise) apparently has a bottomless source of money (her "waitress" gig is NOT paying for her expensive home and travels to every state in the union!); seems to me that at least one dentist got the boot because he was deemed to be not "needy" enough to merit a cool million. . . Like they NEED another reason to cut her loose!

I realize that Burn-it probably isn't going to give us anything to go on, because further video will enable us to determine when/if/what/when his damned "twist" might be, but it's pretty sad that Bungler's first preview pix and this lackluster EYEmail are the only REAL things on this forum this week--and only two days 'til the show! Ack.

GT

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: SeeBS EYEmail 3/18/02 SurvivinDawg 03-18-02 1
   RE: SeeBS EYEmail 3/18/02 George Tirebiter 03-18-02 2
       RE: SeeBS EYEmail 3/18/02 SurvivinDawg 03-18-02 4
           RE: SeeBS EYEmail 3/18/02 George Tirebiter 03-18-02 5
               RE: SeeBS EYEmail 3/18/02 Bebo 03-19-02 13
                   RE: SeeBS EYEmail 3/18/02 George Tirebiter 03-19-02 15
                       Curiouser and curiouser? George Tirebiter 03-19-02 16
                           RE: Curiouser and curiouser? ulalame 03-19-02 17
                           RE: Curiouser and curiouser? ShowMeTheWinner 03-20-02 18
                               RE: Curiouser and curiouser? PepeLePew13 03-20-02 19
           RE: SeeBS EYEmail 3/18/02 Swami 03-18-02 6
 RE: SeeBS EYEmail 3/18/02 smokedog 03-18-02 3
 RE: SeeBS EYEmail 3/18/02 weltek 03-18-02 7
 RE: SeeBS EYEmail 3/18/02 ulalame 03-18-02 8
 SeeBS Promo Statements, Vidcap Clue... Rain Crow 03-18-02 9
   RE: SeeBS Promo Statements, Vidcap ... dabo 03-19-02 11
       RE: SeeBS Promo Statements, Vidcap ... Tatina 03-19-02 12
   RE: weather et al kdzgon 03-20-02 20
 RE: SeeBS EYEmail 3/18/02 cowboyroo 03-19-02 10
 Hmmm.......... dabo 03-19-02 14
 RE: SeeBS EYEmail 3/18/02 munson 03-21-02 21
 RE: SeeBS EYEmail 3/18/02 alleyb 03-22-02 22
   Last season... sleeeve 03-22-02 23

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

SurvivinDawg 6816 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-18-02, 02:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivinDawg Click to send private message to SurvivinDawg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: SeeBS EYEmail 3/18/02"
Verrrrry interesting! And as always, thanks for posting, GT!

On Sarah's visits to every state of the nation, here is from her See-BS website bio: Sarah Jones was born in Juneau, Alaska. While growing up, she moved back and forth between there and Virginia. In fact, she drove cross-country six times before she turned 13 years old.

So she might be a military brat, or her parents had some other job that caused a lot of moving.

Of particular interest to me was this line: On Wednesday, March 20, 8:00PM ET/PT the castaways face an unexpected challenge that threatens the survival of their tribes.

This sounds like a "just" a storm just passing through.

Now WHAT was the theory of the EyeMail profilees???

*** Contradictions don't exist. If you are faced with a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong. -- Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

03-18-02, 03:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail George%20Tirebiter Click to send private message to George%20Tirebiter Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: SeeBS EYEmail 3/18/02"
LAST EDITED ON 03-18-02 AT 03:29 PM (EST)

The military brat theory sounds plausible, but there was an article in the Orange County Register on 2/7/02 that said:

Jones lives with Anastasia and Bernadette Sharamitaro, 25-year-old twins, in a townhouse near Fashion Island. The community, where two-bedroom units rent for $1,575-$2,465 a month, includes a restaurant, a hair stylist, tennis courts and a movie theater. Ocean and canyon views abound.

I realize that CA wages/living expenses don't necessarily mesh with those of the rest of the world, but it seems inconceivable that she could afford to live like that on waitressing income and the occasional freelance photo job. . .

BTW, this was also the article that has been quoted as saying she came back from the show with weight loss and covered in bites; IMHO, the weight loss isn't an issue now, and the fact that she hasn't stopped scratching herself means those bites will take forever to heal! (Take this from the recent victim of fleabites--scratched ONCE, and it took me over a month to heal! Even after 3 weeks, I was considering going to a doctor for them. . .)

Jones came back from "Survivor" starving for food and sporting plenty of mosquito bites, giving the impression that she had lasted awhile in the quest for the $1 million grand prize. Plus, she has the ability to get along with anyone, her roommates said, a key skill that can delay getting voted off by other competitors.

Getting along with everyone, eh? I must've missed that part!

And FWIW, I'm also leaning toward the idea that the whole "winds" teaser IS nothing more than weather-related. Burn-it isn't letting us see pix because we'd be able to see the buffs don't change (or DO change. . .) From the weather reports I've seen from that time frame, there was some weather "near" there, but it probably didn't come close to having much impact (as a bona fide tropical storm might) and we still can't tell how much TP info to believe--there is a supposed move of one of the camps by Ep. 5, which could actually come sooner, later, or not at all, and could affect one or both tribes. . .

At this point, I think the only thing I'm sure of is that little Sarah won't be making the merge--and I'll happily leave the rest of that kind of speculation to the likes of sleeeve.

GT

Edited to fix quote's spacing. . . (so what--I'm anal!)

SurvivinDawg 6816 desperate attention whore postings

03-18-02, 03:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivinDawg Click to send private message to SurvivinDawg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: SeeBS EYEmail 3/18/02"
And FWIW, I'm also leaning toward the idea that the whole "winds" teaser IS nothing more than weather-related.

And I'm leaning in the same general direction. I suspect that there is a "cute" double-meaning: the real winds destroying the Rotu camp, and Maraamu winning an IC.

I'm also thinking of this whooping "first 10 minutes" thing... it could just be that Gina raises Cain at the post-TC bonfire and really launches into the rest of them. The preview shows her telling one person that she'd have voted for him/her if she'd wanted to (I'm paraphrasing that). So maybe we get to see a hell-fire-and-brimstone argument in those first ten minutes.

Then later comes the weather and wrecks Rotu (or maybe JP comes in and tells Rotu "You gotta leave. Stacy Stillman and the local natives won their lawsuits...", which would certainly shock them). Then Rotu loses IC...

*** Contradictions don't exist. If you are faced with a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong. -- Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

03-18-02, 05:19 PM (EST)
5. "RE: SeeBS EYEmail 3/18/02"
I can't add much to your spec--unless MB gives us more to work with (will he reach a point where he MUST, or risk losing our interest?) it's all just useless brainstorming. . . This "first 10 minutes" thing could be one of those infuriating RL Stine Goosebumps build-ups (the next chapter that never equals the build-up of the chapter before, and is usually resolved with some lame one-liner let-down) or it could be something as big as the swap from S3.

One thing that DOES intrigue me, however, is the use of the "Uneasy lies the head. . ." line from the recap of last show's boot. . . Does this mean that the new "king" of the MooMoos is himself in danger? I would love to see the Robfather given a quick heave-ho, but I can't see that coming just yet--perhaps this is in reference to Another castaway appears to have a changed attitude, but does he really? That would seem to point to Sean being his less-than-predictable ally, wouldn't it? They do say HE, after all--and Sean is the only other male on that tribe.

GT

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings

03-19-02, 08:53 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: SeeBS EYEmail 3/18/02"
>One thing that DOES intrigue me,
>however, is the use of
>the "Uneasy lies the head.
>. ." line from the
>recap of last show's boot.
>. . Does this mean
>that the new "king" of
>the MooMoos is himself in
>danger? I would love to
>see the Robfather given a
>quick heave-ho, but I can't
>see that coming just yet--perhaps
>this is in reference to
>Another castaway appears to have
>a changed attitude, but does
>he really?
That would seem
>to point to Sean being
>his less-than-predictable ally, wouldn't it?
>They do say HE, after
>all--and Sean is the only
>other male on that tribe.

GT,

I think you're on to something here.

I'm becoming more convinced that Sean is the one referred to in the changed attitude comment. In E1, he expressed an interest in being the Alpha Male and his irritation that Hunter took the role. Now Rob has appeared to move into the Alpha Male role, and I just don't see Sean taking that lightly. He's got to know that after Gina, he and Vee will be Rob's targets, because he knows he's got Princess Fluffypillow's vote sewn up. And once the tribes merge, she is NO immunity threat, while Sean is.

I wouldn't snuff Gina's torch just yet. I think she's going to approach Sean and Vee, and I think Sean will be receptive since it gives him the 3-2 voting advantage and Alpha Male status.

03-19-02, 02:55 PM (EST)
15. "RE: SeeBS EYEmail 3/18/02"
Bebo, much as I hate all this fruitless, creative thinking, you've encouraged me. . . Assuming that Rob is the uneasy head wearing the crown, what if the title simply refers to the fact that his so-called power play falls apart when Sean turns out NOT to be his willing puppet, leaving the Maraamu Robfather "twisting in the wind?"

Definitely NOT something that falls into the "don't miss the first 10 minutes" teasers, but that doesn't preclude having more than one storyline for the episode--or that the title could have meanings on more than one level.

I've also spent hours trying to decipher satellite images, comparing to the weather page on Sfever, and I just can't find anything that would point to foul weather on this episode date. . . Of course, any of us who live in the tropics (okay--FL is the SUBtropics. . .) knows that storms can come and go in a matter of hours or minutes-it isn't uncommon for my weather (on a major cape) to be severe at times the next town is sunny and dry, or for us to miss out on the bad weather entirely while the rest of the state is getting a deluge. Since they were in the Marquesas during the rainy season, such things would be more likely to happen than during the rest of the year--even though their dry season has been characterized as "somewhat LESS rainy." From the Sfever chart, it looks like they were averaging breezes of almost 20 mph during filming--fairly typical ocean breezes.

GT

(who plans to archive NASA's GOES images while they're actually FILMING S5, because they don't keep them active long enough to help this far down the pike. . . )

03-19-02, 04:42 PM (EST)
16. "Curiouser and curiouser?"
Yeah, I'm actually bumping my own thread. . . but only to add more fuel to the fire. The more I look at this week's EYEmail, the more I think the most interesting part of it is in the recap paragraph.

Just to flesh out the Shakespeare quote, here it is, from Henry IV, Part II:

. . .In cradle of the rude imperious surge  
  And in the visitation of the winds,  
  Who take the ruffian billows by the top,  
  Curling their monstrous heads and hanging them  
  With deafening clamour in the slippery clouds,  
  That, with the hurly, death itself awakes?  
  Canst thou, O partial sleep, give thy repose  
  To the wet sea-boy in an hour so rude,  
  And in the calmest and most stillest night,  
  With all appliances and means to boot,  
  Deny it to a king? Then happy low, lie down!  
  Uneasy lies the head that wears a crown.

The underlining is mine--and I could've emphasized more. Just seems odd that this could be so easily read with a Maraamu angle to it. . . Am I now back to thinking there COULD be a sudden gust that blows their camps/shelters asunder?

GT
(Now officially grasping at straws? or has MB gone all literary on us?)

ulalame 778 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

03-19-02, 07:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ulalame Click to send private message to ulalame Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Curiouser and curiouser?"
Actually, I would not put ANYTHING past MB. What I take from the shakespeare quote is both that there will be a weather-oriented twist at the beginning, and two, a hint toward the bootie. I am sure that the "uneasy lies the crown" reference was not made lightly. And, when looking at that passage in combination with the rest of the spoilers we've gotten, and editing on the show (i.e. the Robfather bs) what seems to be screaming at me is a ROB boot. Another "twist" that was right out in front for everyone to see, but we just couldn't fathom that the Maaramu's would be that freaky to vote out another strong male.

Sean-Vee-Gina vote Rob

Sarah-Rob vote Gina

Rob goes. I'd be really bummed if that was the case because his shenanigans have made the show pretty darn interesting (and, besides, he's a total hottie).

Oh, what to do, what to do?

ShowMeTheWinner 962 desperate attention whore postings

03-20-02, 05:30 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ShowMeTheWinner Click to send private message to ShowMeTheWinner Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Curiouser and curiouser?"
I'm sorry if I'm wrong, but I thought "Uneasy lies the head" refers to Hunter. Besides, they talked about Hunter right after the "Uneasy..." heading.

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings

03-20-02, 08:15 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Curiouser and curiouser?"
It sounded to me like it was in the context of summarizing what happened the previous episode and then went on to talk about this week's episode, without being specificially about Hunter.

Swami 5885 desperate attention whore postings

03-18-02, 05:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Swami Click to send private message to Swami Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: SeeBS EYEmail 3/18/02"
Maraamu occupies the valley whose use in the show was in legal contention. They may have to move during filming. Presumable, a local political squabble is one thing TahitiPresse would cover with something approaching accuracy.

Rotu occupies the valley most exposed to storms born on the prevailing winds.

However, even a middling tropical storm would be terrifying as the surf crashed & the flimsy shelters blew down in whole or in part. Belongings & clothing hanging on tree branches would also blow about and/or get lost. If this happened over-night with pelting rain & no meaningful shelter it could seem like the end of the world. So if MB moved them to the leeward side of the island as a precaution, no one would argue.

Regarding uneasy lies the head. As Gina fights for her life, her best tactic is to ally with Sean & Vecepia and vote out Sarah (who they all 3 dislike). Sarah is pretty much a non-factor in any swimming or physical challenges; certainly she is less a factor than Gina. If Sarah goes, then the Robfather is at Sean's mercy. Same physical strength tribe will result; more power to Sean & Vee. If they vote off Gina, then R&S and S&V are equally balanced--both couples want absolute control not just dominance. Even the 'stupid tribe' should be able to figure this one out.

Swami

smokedog 1885 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

03-18-02, 03:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail smokedog Click to send private message to smokedog Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: SeeBS EYEmail 3/18/02"
>Her luxury item is a pillow.

No wonder Rob likes sleeping with her. By my count, that's THREE pillows she's lugging around.

Wonder which of the three is the most synthetic?

weltek 16936 desperate attention whore postings

03-18-02, 05:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail weltek Click to send private message to weltek Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: SeeBS EYEmail 3/18/02"
My numbers may end up being off. Correct me if I'm wrong. On Krautboy's timeline thread, it seems that there are 13 episodes, plus a likely recap episode. Plus the EyeMail started a week early. So, that means that all of the remaining survivors have time to be featured in EyeMail. Last season, according to the somewhat random, pieced together info we collected, no profile was issued for someone who had already been booteed.

Analysis:
Our next bootee should be from the list we already have:
Gabe, Sean, Neleh, Sarah

Unfortunately that doesn't mesh with many clues we have so far. Pat did seem to have a newfound appreciation for Sarah, much different than their relationship during Pat's stay at camp.

Varner's X theory doesn't apply here.

Any input? As a side note, I'm leaning towards a weather related incident being the big highlight in the first 10 minutes. Figure that the first few minutes is Gina freaking out after tribal council, then break to the next morning. Camp a mess? JP showing up at the crack of dawn with news? Message like in S3? Anyway, that's all for discussion elsewhere.

ulalame 778 desperate attention whore postings

03-18-02, 06:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ulalame Click to send private message to ulalame Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: SeeBS EYEmail 3/18/02"
LAST EDITED ON 03-18-02 AT 06:50 PM (EST)

. . . the castaways face an unexpected challenge that threatens the survival of their tribes.

From the way this is phrased, it sounds like the survivors could be facing some kind of a challenge a la the reward challenge or the ic, that is both unexpected and threatens the survival of their tribe. It sounds to me like MB is going to make them fight for their teams in some kind of a challenge that the losers lose advantage in the game, somehow. There has been lots of speculation that there will be a draft or some other way of team splitting; I can't begin to say what form it will take but I think there will be some kind of (man-made) challenge involved.

Rain Crow 374 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

03-18-02, 07:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Rain%20Crow Click to send private message to Rain%20Crow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "SeeBS Promo Statements, Vidcap Clues, and Timeline Comments"
My comments on current SeeBS preview and vidcap clues.

I have placed these in what I believe to be chronological order to help my thought process.

(1) Day before TC3

Gina “They're not gonna keep somebody like me around.”
Just a confessional statement, apparently made after TC3. But, the accompanying photo shows her in the daylight looking rather calm with dry clothes and hair. She doesn't look shocked yet. Therefore, I really think it could also be a shot from just before TC3 thrown into the mix, so I will place this comment first. Doesn’t reveal much anyway.

(2) Night after TC3

Gina returns from Tribal Council, shocked.

Gina “I'm really shocked!” Probably says this to the whole MooMoo tribe since they are standing around the fire at night. I suspect she is voicing her concerns about voting off the strongest and most useful tribe member. Since Sean felt like he was a target, this probably leads to Sean making some comment like, “So, do you consider me a liability?” This leads to Gina’s next statement:

Gina “If I'd have thought you were a liability, I'd have voted on you.”
Obviously not speaking to Sarah, because everyone knew that she voted for Sarah. I think she was speaking to Sean since he is more paranoid and outspoken than V or Rob. Makes me wonder if Gina is working on a three way alliance with Sean and V.

Conversation and action is taking place around a large campfire, in fact, the biggest one I can recall seeing so far. Wind is not very strong yet since the smoke is drifting at only a slight angle and the flames are not going crazy. Why so large a fire? Perhaps they are trying to build up a large pile of coals to ensure overnight survival of enough coals to start a fire the next day. Would make sense if they see an approaching storm (perhaps they saw the storm scene on the SeeBS website!). Gina is wearing heavier clothes, others are in more revealing attire. No discussion of storm or even an attitude of concern for environmental conditions. No surprises yet and it appears to be a rather normal post-TC campfire session.

Voice Over “Another castaway appears to have a changed attitude, but does he really?” This also is probably post-TC campfire acting, but doesn’t mean much. Obviously not Gina, probably a male, and probably Rob, but could be said about anyone. Not worth any more discussion.

(3) Day after TC3 Many Clues:

Episode Title: “The Winds Twist”

Storm scene on SeeBS official website.

Jiffy Probe "But when the Survivors are given a chance to take fate into their own hands, the game takes a drastic turn."

Voice Over "And the castaways throw their fates to the winds and find themselves in a surprising predicament.”

Voice Over "On Wednesday, March 20, 8:00PM ET/PT the castaways face an unexpected challenge that threatens the survival of their tribes."

Voice Over “Don't miss the 1st 10 minutes when the castaways have to throw their fates to the wind and turn their lives upside down.”

Voice Over “You'll want to see this one from the beginning, really.”

Let me take these preceding five comments all at one time since they are all related and seemingly say the same thing. In fact, the sentences are strikingly similar when combined:

“When the
(survivors/castaways)
(are given a chance to take fate into their own hands/ throw their fates to the wind)
and
(the game takes a drastic turn/ find themselves in a surprising predicament/ face an unexpected challenge that threatens the survival of their tribes/ turn their lives upside down.)

Here are what I believe to be the critical components:

(1) The sentence ubject is individual and plural. It has to mean ALL the survivors, not just one tribe.

(2) Jiffy Probe says they are “given a chance to take fate into their own hands”. This sounds like they are given a chance to make a decision or take some action through some information, advice, or warning given to them…”the chance”. Note that it is not a "requirement" or a "challenge". I feel it must be optional for it to be a "chance". The Voice Over indicates that this occurs during the first 10 minutes, therefore it is too early for the RC and way to early for the IC.

(3) The statement that an “unexpected challenge” threatens the survival of the tribes (again a plural, meaning both tribes are affected) also means that whatever happens, it is not part of a RC or IC or even a “twist” (ALL of which are “expected challenges").

(4) The predicament, survival of the tribes, and lives turned upside down means some dramatic event, not just a normal challenge, switch, or twist.

(5) The title is “The Winds Twist” Could mean the MooMoo tribe, but probably is more direct this time and speaks of the storm. How could MB resist naming an episode about some unexpected severe weather, that just happens to be the name of one of the tribes, while at the same time, creating all sorts of speculation by us theorists?

I believe this setup and scenario can be met only by the survivors having to deal with some rather dramatic and unplanned disaster, like the Australian flood. A comment by another poster said something to the effect that “well, they didn’t warn S2 survivors about the coming flood.” Well, no one was in camp during that flood so there was no danger. MB would not risk the survivors if a truly severe weather situation was threatening. He would at a minimum give them the option of getting the hell out of Dodge or riding the storm out.

Since all the survivors in the preview vidcaps are wearing dry clothes, it appears to me that whatever happens does not involve torrential rain. One picture of three members of RowTwo even shows a small fire burning on the beach beside them. If all the vegetation were wet from a drenching, you would need a huge fire just to dry out the firewood. Therefore, I believe we can expect a severe wind storm, possible with lightning, but very little, if any rain.

So, I am currently leaning toward a warning from Jiffy Probe, which will give the survivors a “chance” to make a decision. I believe they will have the option of leaving or staying during the coming storm. From the vidcaps, I would guess that they all stay with their stuff (throwing their fates to the winds). I would further guess that the storm takes out both tribes shelters (a surprising predicament and threatening the tribes survival) and scatters much of their stuff (lives turned upside down).

This could be followed by the RC which could also involve a “twist”, just to add more meaning to the episode title. What if the reward is to move to another campsite? What if the losers have to fix dinner for the winners? What if it is to get all new supplies? What if it is to have the other tribe help repair your camp? The possibilities are endless. I just hope we get some new challenge vidcaps before Wednesday. Right now we have essentially no data on RC, or IC for that matter.

Regarding the early merge theory, I can buy into it, but it will have to happen just prior to the IC. It will not happen in the first 10 minutes. If we see commingling of the tribes during, or as part of, the RC, expect the merge to happen.

(4) After “The Winds Twist”

Sean “Here's where the game gets really interesting.”

This clearly is said after the “event” which occurs in the first 10 minutes. It could also occur during any Jiffy Probe communiqué or tree mail. Not much spoiler value, unless you think Sean might see some opportunities or dangers resulting from the twisting of the winds.

Kathy “Go with the flow.”

Kathy makes the last statement on the preview. Will she go with the flow, in other words, will she go with those flowing out of game following TC? Does she back off her bossy attitude and go with the flow of the tribe as a unit? Does she make allies with John as a result of the “flow”? Again, who can tell.

Not sure I covered everything I wanted to, and I still haven’t made up my mind yet about anything! This is a tough one. I guess we are all waiting for any new spoilers between now and Wednesday.

Thanks for wading through all this.

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings

03-19-02, 01:11 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: SeeBS Promo Statements, Vidcap Clues, and Timeline Comments"
Just a thought: If the weather forecasters predicted the possibility of a severe storm, whether or not it actually came about, the crews shooting the camps would have been forewarned to prepare for it. As the castaways would have noticed the crews taking their precautions, perhaps the castaways were forewarned as well, causing both tribes to take precations, secure their camps, reinforce their shelters, gather their supplies of firewood in advance, secure the firewood and the fire itself, and so on. Regardless of whether the storm actually hit, the prospect of such an event would be sufficient to set things into motion.

"If all machines were to be annihilated at one moment, so that not a knife nor lever nor rag of clothing nor anything whatsoever were left to man but his bare body alone that he was born with, and if all knowledge of mechanical laws were taken from him so that he could make no more machines, and all machine-made food destroyed so that the race of man should be left as it were naked upon a desert island, we should become extinct in six weeks." (Samuel Butler, "Erewhon")

Tatina 112 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

03-19-02, 07:29 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Tatina Click to send private message to Tatina Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: SeeBS Promo Statements, Vidcap Clues, and Timeline Comments"
I think I was the one talking about MB not warning the contestants about the flood on SII... But I went further in my speculation and decided that this time Survivors would be in fact warned, if not for any other reason then because the storm would likely hit them Day 11, when they should have the IC. Maybe the weather would be so bad that MB would be forced to change the schedule. I even think there might be some kind of a combined RC/IC Day 10 (would that be possible?). This would explain the fact that there so few pics of the challanges (I think that Rob standing opposite Paschal is the only confirmed one, the bougainville on the background of the pic seems the one they have at the challange beach).

kdzgon 60 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

03-20-02, 08:32 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kdzgon Click to send private message to kdzgon Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: weather et al"
While you note the dry clothes, the promos for the Aussie flood also showed dry clothes, so I don't think that rules out a storm. Also, at the very beginning, weren't there spoilers commenting on the loss of fire and a resulting turmoil within the tribes? A storm may well cause this. I seem to recall this came out in an MB interview, but I cannot seem to find it. Does anyone else recall a mention on the loss of fire, or am I totally confused (*quite* likely, I'll admit!)?

cowboyroo 590 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

03-19-02, 00:49 AM (EST)
Click to EMail cowboyroo Click to send private message to cowboyroo Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: SeeBS EYEmail 3/18/02"
If there is no recap episode, then there will still be one castaway who doesn't get featured. Last season there were 5 non-featured bootees I believe (Diane, Jessie, Carl, Silas and Clarence)

This season it looks like there may be only 3. Peter and Hunter not profiled. I'm surprised we haven't seen one on Kathy yet!!

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings

03-19-02, 11:53 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "Hmmm.........."
A Sarah boot at this point would be in total violation of the OFG Boot Theory. However, if we go to the fundamental reason why that theory works, it's simply that in promoting the show they traditionally send each bootie off for a media week, so a profile in the promos is a good boost for that purpose. But Sarah has already had so much exposure, and has her swimsuit model attributes to carry into a media week, etc., so perhaps they decided this time was one time the promo boost wasn't necessary. Hm........?

Cap'n Zoe Just YoHoHoee!

munson 1314 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

03-21-02, 09:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail munson Click to send private message to munson Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: SeeBS EYEmail 3/18/02"
Sarah's EYEmail profile was a huge factor in my decision to vote for her to go in E4. I just can't see CBS profiling someone after their boot. Therefore, until a castaway has been profiled, I'm thinking they're "safe." At least until proven otherwise...

So, EYEmail theory dictates one of four possible boots in E5 - Gabe, Sean, Neleh and whoever is profiled this week. Unless Rob or Gina is profiled (and even still), ALL my money is on Sean getting voted out.

I know that's not much of a stratch. Sean certainly did nothing to endear himself to his new tribe. But should the theory hold up for the next few weeks, it will help in predicting the boot order after the Pagonging of the old Maraamu.

alleyb 98 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

03-22-02, 05:52 AM (EST)
Click to EMail alleyb Click to send private message to alleyb Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: SeeBS EYEmail 3/18/02"
I am starting to think there might be somthing to this. Given that there are 13 episodes, and CBS puts out one eyemail a week, and they started one week early, that gives us 14 (potential) eyemails before the end. Two people have already been voted off without an eyemail (Peter and Hunter), so if they are going to continue the pattern they've set up so far, they have just enough time to preview everyone left in the game before the final episode (with no recap episode).

If we put faith in the fact that CBS will not preview someone who is already booted (and will indeed send out eyemails until the end), this gives us a real tool to sort out potential bootees for the coming week.

2 of the 5 people already featured are gone. This leaves us with Gabe, Sean, Neleh and whoever they feature in the coming week. I think this points a big arrow at Sean, since he is the one in the weakest position and appears to be just begging to be voted off.

Also of note--Ethan and Tom were featured 1st and 3rd during S3, so surely some people who make it far in the game will be thrown out in these early eyemails to throw people off. Looks good for Gabe and maybe Neleh, depending on who gets featured next.

However--if CBS were really to follow through with this, we would have a list of only 4 people each week to choose from--I think that is revealing a little too much, don't you? I suspect they'll finish up the eyemails few weeks early, and throw a few more red herrings out there. But this still could be a good tool for steering us in the right direction.

Also of note...the final 4 were featured in the eyemails 1st, 3rd, then second to last and last. After the first 4 eyemails, the next 5 eyemails gave us all of the mid-game bootees.

sleeeve 3456 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

03-22-02, 06:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sleeeve Click to send private message to sleeeve Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "Last season..."
Last season, there were four people that were booted w/o being featured in the EyeMail... all of them were booted BEFORE the jury, but the last to be booted w/o being featured in the EyeMail was Clarence (after the merge)...

If we assume this pattern continues, then we have no guarantee that we'll have a "list" of people to choose from each week until that point, but we should have a list for the first few Eps after the merge (until all the remaining players have finally been featured).

You never know what might be up my sleeeve...

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •