The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Stop WAR in Ukraine ! http://twitter.com/@euromaidan
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"SB's The Mole 2 Episode 2 Summary: "No Burning Desire""
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Mole Clues & Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

AyaK 10326 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

10-09-01, 11:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AyaK Click to send private message to AyaK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"SB's The Mole 2 Episode 2 Summary: "No Burning Desire""
LAST EDITED ON 10-09-01 AT 11:55 PM (EST)

The Mole 2: The Next Betrayal
Episode 2: “No Burning Desire”

Once again, I'm back with the MoleLesters during the second season. But this time something has changed. What’s that word? Oh, yeah – CONTINUITY. Apparently, the producers of The Mole have hired someone who knows the meaning of the word. No sudden moves halfway around the world for no reason whatsoever this time (well, at least not yet). The show actually makes sense so far. Amazing.

When we join our favorite panic-stricken losers, they are busy bemoaning the fate of their beloved luggage, which was torched at the end of the last episode. Katie reveals that her cow is named Stud Muffin … oh wait, that’s her fantasy … uh, Steely Dan (for those of you who don’t know the origin of that name, follow this link and look it up in the dictionary) … no, uh, Metal Muffin, yeah, right. Heather is even more upset about losing her Bible. Geez, can’t she get one at any motel in the world? Oh, wait, she’s not that kind of girl. But why not? She’s a Texan, isn’t she?

After that stimulating tribute to the recently departed (no, not Bob), SuperCooper tells the Moleys that they stink. Well, so does The Mole 2. Coopy, you ain’t no bed of roses yourself.

Coopy says that the show is going to “give” the MoleLesters new clothes. Yeah, right, like I’d trust those clowns after they roasted my bags. But these MoleBots play along with it. Are they staying at one of those Swiss spas with lithium in the water?

To get these wonderful free clothes, the team needs to pick three leaders: two women with fashion sense and a man without it. Since none of these Mo(le)rons have ANY sense, the players ask if they have to forfeit. But SupeCoop lets them pick the best they’ve got, and so they end up with Dorothy and Elavia. The man in need of help is ol’ Admiral Billy. But this isn’t the lead-in to a threesome and a Nelson Rockefeller moment. Anyone else remember Megan Marshack? Hey, I found this reference to her in ET Online:

“Like JFK, former Vice President and New York Governor NELSON ROCKEFELLER's fortune began with his grandfather, JOHN ROCKEFELLER -- at one time America's richest man. One interesting mention in Nelson's will is a woman named MEGAN MARSHACK, the assistant who was with him the night he died. 'She is indirectly a beneficiary under his will by virtue of the fact that he forgave the debt she owed him,' says Nass.”

Now, speaking for myself, I think Megan had to pay plenty for whatever she borrowed from old Tubby. In fact, I think she was in the process of paying the hard way when Nelson went to meet his Maker. But enough about getting stiff ...

All this trio gets to do is match clothes. SupeCoop tells them that this is a challenge called Lotto Clothes. The leaders have to select “appropriate” outfits for each of the MoleLesters and send them to the "hard-to-find" train station in the village (yeah, like it's hard to follow the train tracks) to catch the 4:35 to St. Moritz. Each player who keeps his or her costume on for the whole trip wins $2,000 for the jackpot, which currently stands at $60K; if any of the players miss the train, all winnings are forfeited. (Don’t worry; ABC has no intention of letting these people actually make any money. The whole point of The Mole 2 is to show that people will humiliate themselves for the mere illusion of money.)

The problem is, the clothes are basically only women’s clothes – but the mini-Moles persevere with their chore. Thus, we get to see the nausea-inducing scene of Patrick wearing a Speedo (guaranteed to reduce ABC's ratings to UPN levels), Bribs wearing a pink teddy, Darwin wearing a bunny suit, Rob dressed in a bovine look, and Al wearing lingerie. Al takes his time before deciding to get dressed, apparently embarrassed by the prospect that all of America will find out that wearing lingerie turns him on. Meanwhile, the women wear silly but not gender-inappropriate outfits, although Heather kicks up such a fuss about wearing an apron (over her regular clothes, no less!) that you begin to realize that the reason she complained so much about her burned Bible is because she’s a spoiled brat, not because of the Bible itself. Now, if she’d had to dress like Megan Marshack when she was alone with Nelson “Rockefeeler”, the ratings for this show might have hit the ceiling. But no such luck.

Meanwhile, SupeCoop has one last surprise for the leaders. If they all agree to dress up as well, then the winnings (if any) will be doubled. However, when Admiral Billy sees the costume that Supe brings out (a baby suit, with diaper, pacifier, bib and bonnet), he flat-out refuses to participate. Billy claims that he owes the Navy too much to embarrass it that way. What, is he in debt to the Navy? Like Megan Marshack was in debt? Just what kind of antics is he engaging in to pay back his debt? The mind boggles at the thought. Anyway, no doubling of the pot – but the other team leaders are far too dim to wonder if this is a clue that Billy just might be the Mole. Maybe they’re too bored to care. Must be those lithium fountains again.

Less than two hours later, all the team members have arrived at the train station except for “Bribs” (not the Mole) and Ali. Less than half an hour before the train leaves, and still no Bribs and Ali, so Admiral Billy and Lisa-X go looking for the missing players. Surprise! They find Bribs and Ali headed to the train station; apparently Bribs was looking for an appropriate bar to show off his pink teddy but couldn’t find any rainbow flags, so he just went into one at random and had a few local brews with Ali. The next thing we know, all FOUR of them are back in a bar quaffing another brew. Could you safely conclude that ONLY the Mole would have thought this was a good idea, so either Lisa-X or Admiral Billy must be the Mole? I knew that you could.

Anyway, with less than 15 minutes before departure, the four winos stagger back to the train station. Bribs and Ali tell the waiting MoleLesters that they’ve been offered an exemption in exchange for not getting on the train, and they’ve taken it. Darwin throws a bunny fit and hops around angrily. Since it’s hard to look too menacing in a bunny suit with glasses and a foppish mustache, Darwin rips off his bunny ears. Now he just looks like himself: a big goof. Then Bribs and Ali yell out, “Psych!” They could have been describing each other if they hadn’t left off the “o.” Really.

So, now that Bribs and Ali have made themselves as popular among their fellow MoleBots with their little joke as Osama bin Laden would be at Yankee Stadium, the train chugs toward St. Moritz. We are treated to several angry reaction shots from Bribs' and Ali's ex-friends while the “beautiful” Swiss scenery passes by. Great for a travelogue, but just a teensy bit dull. C’mon guys, if this is the best footage you’ve got, it’s going to be a loooong season.

The Mo(le)rons arrive at the hotel in St. Moleritz, and SupeCoop wastes no time in congratulating them for winning … but only $18,000, since Darwin took off his bunny ears when he was mad in the train station. Then Bill is forced to tell the others that he turned down the chance to double the money by refusing to wear the diaper. The guys are angry (except for Bribs, who’s too dull, and Patrick, who’s still rubbing the sleep out of his eyes); the women couldn’t care less (yep, the lithium is still working). And then … and then … NOOOOOO! The “burned bags” were torched, but the contents weren’t really burned after all! All the crap is in St. Moritz, including Metal Machine Muffin and God’s chosen Bible. Everyone celebrates, except for the viewers at home.

SupeCoop now models ANOTHER outfit – a tux. Female viewers who are still watching think he cleans up nicely and wonder why THIS wasn’t near the start of the show instead of Patrick’s Speedo. He whips out a wad of money and tells the Molerons that this is $20K of their money, and they get to bet it against the house in blackjack, in a game called High Roller. If they can double it, then they get to keep all $40K, but if they lose it, the $18K they earned for making fools of themselves will be gone, as well as $2K from the existing jackpot. Well, nice to see that ABC wants to make sure they don’t win anything.

SupeC tells the MoleAroids to pick four players, each of whom will be given $5K to play with, from the following categories: a gambler, a selfish brat, a “cool head”, and a numbers whiz. Darwin volunteers to be the gambler, which shows that the bunny suit didn’t crush his ego one bit. Katie volunteers to be the spoiled brat, leaving the REAL spoiled brat (Heather) with nothing to do but pout and bitch for the rest of the game – a role which proves to be right up her alley. The others draft Lisa-X to be the “cool head” and Rob to be the numbers whiz. And so we head off to the visual excitement of blackjack. I can’t think how many times I’ve sat in front of my TV set longing to watch OTHER people playing blackjack. Yeah. Lots and lots of times. Bottled excitement.

At least they let the players dress as high rollers, with the men wearing tuxes and the ladies wearing gowns. Of course, Katie in a gown is nothing to write home about. Meanwhile, Supe gets hungry and wolfs down another sandwich. His chewing is about as exciting as the game. While munching, he say, “Hey, bunny” to Darwin the Rabbit, who promptly looks at his watch and hops away, murmuring “I’m late, I’m late, to a very important date” … no, no, that’s what a Darwin with a sense of humor might have done, but this guy is as dull as dishwater.

About the challenge … well, the players get the pot up to $34,500, so they only need $5,500 more … but then Katie reveals that she doesn’t understand blackjack by splitting a pair of threes and losing both hands. We are mercifully spared the rest of the carnage as Katie, Lisa-X and Darwin Rabbit the big-time gambler lose all their stakes, leaving just Rob with $4K. He promptly bets it all on one hand and loses it. Who did he think he was, Maverick? Maybe the lithium still hadn’t worn off. Anyway, ABC gets to save itself $20K. Bet the producers who thought of this game were patting themselves on the back.

At dinner, we get some interspliced footage that the attorneys, Darwin Rabbit and Lisa-X, have an alliance. Unfortunately, it only applies to fee-splitting.

Next, we see the MoleLesters get cake for dessert, sliced 13 ways. One of the slices doesn’t have a blueberry on top. Myra passes up her slice, and so there is one slice left over: the one missing the blueberry. The last piece is offered around the table, and thin little Dorothy grabs it and scarfs it down, dribbling crumbs all over in her haste to polish it off. Then everyone goes to their rooms with orders from SupeCoop to stay put for the evening; violations of curfew will be fined $1,000 each.

Ah, but the missing blueberry should have been a clue, because now Dorothy and her roommate Lisa-X are offered REAL exemptions if they can lure two of the other players to come to their room in what the producers creatively call the “Blueberry Game”. Think they had to hire marketing consultants to come up with these names?

Both Lisa-X and Dorothy accept at once. Lisa-X calls her “ally” Darwin Rabbit, who makes a mad dash to meet her – such a mad dash that he doesn’t even know where he is going and ends up at the front desk. Guess he figured that they were going to go out in the bushes to do what rabbits do best. Dorothy calls Katie and asks her to bring her personal pack along. Katie apparently figures that Dorothy would like to try out Metal Mojo and heads straight over. When the two truants show up, Supe informs them that they have been torched by their friends – the MoleAroids will be fined $2K for the curfew violations, and Lisa-X and Dorothy have won immunity. Total prize winnings for the Moley McGuires now: $60K from E1 plus $18K from “Dressing Like Fairies” minus $20K from “Crapjack” and minus another $2K from “Sucker!”, leaving a new, reduced grand total of $56K. At this rate, the Moleys will have to pay Coops for the privilege of national humiliation. What fun!

Darwin Rabbit and Metal Moo Katie tell Patrick, Elavia and Ali about what happened when they return to their rooms. Elavia says that she doesn’t believe a word of Metal Moo Katie’s story. Of course, Elavia also doesn’t believe that men landed on the moon, that the world is round, and that “King Kong” was just a movie, so she doesn’t make a very good barometer. For some reason, the others begin to suspect Dorothy of being the Mole. What about her roommate, huh?

In the morning, Coopy asks the “participants” in last night’s drama to tell the others about it. Darwin Rabbit refuses. Rob says that Darwin Rabbit has only himself to blame – he should have learned his lesson from the story of Peter Rabbit going into Mr. McGregor’s garden. At this, Darwin wiggles his whiskers in irritation and then shoots off his mouth. Oops, just a figure of speech. Darwin's mouth isn’t actually shot off. Unfortunately for the viewers.

Finally comes the Moley quiz for Episode 2. Myra, Heather, Katie, Al and Patrick are cleared. Ali isn’t. Bye bye to the nurse. Guess Bribs will have to find someone else to play "Doctor" with next week.

And so a VERY low-budget episode of The Mole 2 scrapes mercifully to an end, as does this even lower-budget summary. But it’s still done before the last THREE Love Cruise summaries. Could shakes the clown be the Mole?

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 E3 summary? AyaK 10-10-01 1
   Another Great Summary!!!!!!!!!!! sleeeve 10-10-01 2
 RE: SB's The Mole 2 Episode 2 Summa... Dusty Bottoms 10-10-01 3
   Done AyaK 10-10-01 8
 Your summaries suck landsharck 10-10-01 4
   Thanks AyaK 10-10-01 6
       RE: Thanks Dusty Bottoms 10-10-01 9
   RE: Your summaries suck Dusty Bottoms 10-10-01 7
   RE: Your summaries suck Bebo 10-10-01 10
       10/19? AyaK 10-10-01 12
           RE: 10/19? Bebo 10-11-01 16
   RE: Your summaries suck susiecap 10-11-01 18
       Landsharck AyaK 10-11-01 19
           RE: Landsharck Bebo 10-12-01 20
 RE: SB's The Mole 2 Episode 2 Summa... Sheila 10-10-01 5
   RE: SB's The Mole 2 Episode 2 Summa... landsharck 10-10-01 11
       RE: SB's The Mole 2 Episode 2 Summa... Lisapooh 10-10-01 13
           E3 summary AyaK 10-10-01 14
               RE: E3 summary landsharck 10-10-01 15
 RE: SB's The Mole 2 Episode 2 Summa... true 10-11-01 17
 Bump Bebo 05-29-02 21

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

10-10-01, 01:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail AyaK Click to send private message to AyaK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "E3 summary?"
OK, one of you reading this, how would you like to write the summary for The Mole 2 episode 3? This is a great way to have fun with a show that, unlike last year, is surprisingly fun to summarize. Who would like to give it a shot next?

sleeeve 3456 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

10-10-01, 02:28 AM (EST)
Click to EMail sleeeve Click to send private message to sleeeve Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "Another Great Summary!!!!!!!!!!!"
Wonderful job... couldn't have done better, myself...

Really... so stop asking me to volunteer to write Ep3... how did you know I was reading this???

*paranoia setting in*

Is AyaK the Mole????

You never know what might be up my sleeeve...

Dusty Bottoms 39 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

10-10-01, 11:53 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Dusty%20Bottoms Click to send private message to Dusty%20Bottoms Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: SB's The Mole 2 Episode 2 Summary: "No Burning Desire""

Great summary, Ayak!

I could write another one, but not until after episode 4, I've got a certification test coming up and most of my free time should go into that. (doesn't prevent me from visiting and posting on the message boards, tho) If you want to pencil me in to write the episode 5 summary, that would be great!

Dusty.

10-10-01, 12:37 PM (EST)
8. "Done"
Dusty, the E5 summary is all yours. Thanks for the offer.

landsharck 8 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

10-10-01, 12:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail landsharck Click to send private message to landsharck Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "Your summaries suck"
Just thought I would drop you a note to let you know how poor a writer you are. It looks like you're trying to write a witty, funny parody-type-summary (a la Planetsucks.com or Salon.com), but all you've succeded in doing is show how little talent you have for such an endeavor.

Your criticism of the players is dry and predictable. You lack wit and humor. And you really just come off as some bitter little man stuck in his mother's basement, jealous of the people who are actually out living their lives.

I truly hope someone else takes the opportunity to write these summaries. Your time would be better spent in a writing class.

Landsharck

10-10-01, 12:35 PM (EST)
6. "Thanks"
Landsharck, thank you for your constructive and insightful comments, which reveal your superior writing skills. And on your first post even! Such wisdom rarely graces our board.

Would you like to write the summary for E3?

10-10-01, 12:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Dusty%20Bottoms Click to send private message to Dusty%20Bottoms Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Thanks"
>Landsharck, thank you for your constructive
>and insightful comments, which reveal
>your superior writing skills.

Not to mention his spelling skills. "Landsharck"??? I guess "asswhipe" was already taken.

10-10-01, 12:35 PM (EST)
7. "RE: Your summaries suck"
Looks like we've got a volunteer to write the next one!

Bebo 20897 desperate attention whore postings

10-10-01, 01:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Your summaries suck"
Katie, thanks for dropping by and posting.

Mole 2 is a toughie to summarize, given the base material. I had a hard enough time last series writing stupid little 4-line rhymes about the folks in the first one.

I can be penciled in to do a summary at some point...just not the show airing 10/26 because I'll be on vacation, eating sandwiches.

10-10-01, 02:13 PM (EST)
12. "10/19?"
ROFL! And thanks for your offer to write a summary. How about doing one for the show airing 10/19 (Episode 4)? If that one would be possible for you, we'd have the next three summaries put to bed...

10-11-01, 12:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: 10/19?"
Sure, I'll do ep. 4. That means I only have to stay interested in the show for a couple more weeks.

susiecap 3 desperate attention whore postings

10-11-01, 05:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail susiecap Click to send private message to susiecap Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Your summaries suck"
LAST EDITED ON 10-11-01 AT 05:45 PM (EST)

>Just thought I would drop you
>a note to let you
>know how poor a writer
>you are. It looks
>like you're trying to write
>a witty, funny parody-type-summary (a
>la Planetsucks.com or Salon.com), but
>all you've succeded in doing
>is show how little talent
>you have for such an
>endeavor.
>
>Your criticism of the players is
>dry and predictable. You
>lack wit and humor.
>And you really just come
>off as some bitter little
>man stuck in his mother's
>basement, jealous of the people
>who are actually out living
>their lives.
>
>I truly hope someone else takes
>the opportunity to write these
>summaries. Your time would
>be better spent in a
>writing class.
>
>Landsharck

What is your problem Landsharck?

10-11-01, 06:02 PM (EST)
19. "Landsharck"
Anybody who would write that and then still take up my invitation to write the E3 summary is OK as far as I'm concerned. A summary writer is a fair target for insults, just as a Mo(le)ron is. Please, no more picking on Landsharck. Let's get back to picking on the contestants!

10-12-01, 08:54 AM (EST)
20. "RE: Landsharck"
>Anybody who would write that and
>then still take up my
>invitation to write the E3
>summary is OK as far
>as I'm concerned.

My first thought when I read Landsharck's acceptance was "cool!". I'm a firm believer in put up or shut up, and I respect LS for being willing to get involved.

And I'm not just saying that because I'm writing a summary myself...I like reading dissenting opinions, when the writer is willing to back them up. LS, you showed me you're not just one of those fly-by bashers who slams everyone, and I'm looking forward to seeing you spice things up. Anything that would make following this season of the Mole more interesting is welcome to me!

Sheila 2069 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

10-10-01, 12:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Sheila Click to send private message to Sheila Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: SB's The Mole 2 Episode 2 Summary: "No Burning Desire""
I thought the summary was actually pretty good considering the material with which you had to work. There are only so many ways you can describe the way the wannabe moles are idiots.

Landsharck --- Did you just offer to write the next episode summary?

10-10-01, 01:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail landsharck Click to send private message to landsharck Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: SB's The Mole 2 Episode 2 Summary: "No Burning Desire""
Hmmm. I'll have to think about that. It does seem a bit unfair for me to criticize your attempt without you having the chance to criticize my ability. Shoot me an email if you're serious about me writing a summary. landsharck@justice.com

Hell, fair is fair.

landsharck

By the way, "landshark" was taken at justice email when I first signed up, so I took the next best spelling (enabling me to stay true to the pronunciation).

Lisapooh 12664 desperate attention whore postings

10-10-01, 05:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Lisapooh Click to send private message to Lisapooh Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: SB's The Mole 2 Episode 2 Summary: "No Burning Desire""
Ayatollah meet Mr. Rushdie - Mr. Rushdie, meet the Ayatollah.

10-10-01, 05:28 PM (EST)
14. "E3 summary"
Landsharck has agreed to write the E3 summary. Let me just add that Salman Rushdie was a fine writer, so Landsharck has big shoes to fill.

Personally, I'm planning on sending a candygram.

10-10-01, 05:44 PM (EST)
15. "RE: E3 summary"
Now THAT was funny.

landsharck

true 9689 desperate attention whore postings

10-11-01, 12:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail true Click to send private message to true Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: SB's The Mole 2 Episode 2 Summary: "No Burning Desire""
*I* think this summary was great! I'm glad you stuck around to to it! THANKS!

The mole names had me ROTFL! These two were my favorites:
Mo(le)rons
MoleBots

Another favorite:

Metal Moo Katie

Good Luck Snarky! Can't wait to see what gems you have to offer!

true

05-29-02, 12:53 PM (EST)
21. "Bump"
Since the episode was rebroadcast last night.

Even ruder and snottier as the years go by. Let's add mean, horrible, witch while we're at it. And we musn't forget nasty.

Card-carrying member of the PGSA

Carolina Hurricanes - Eastern Conference Champions
Bedeviled NJ, nabbed the Habs, and raked the Leafs!

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •