The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"A Third Tribe"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

macamrox 76 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

03-14-02, 10:39 AM (EST)
Click to EMail macamrox Click to send private message to macamrox Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"A Third Tribe"
What about this scenario: Rotu wins IC again, forcing Maraamu to vote out someone else (Gina, I'm guessing). What do you think the chances are of MB splitting Rotu in half, leaving 3 tribes of 4. The 3 tribes compete in RCs and ICs as usual, until the count is down to 10. At that point they merge. Any thoughts?

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: A Third Tribe SurvivinDawg 03-14-02 1
 RE: A Third Tribe sorgee 03-14-02 2
   RE: A Third Tribe mr_bananaman 03-14-02 3
       RE: A Third Tribe ulalame 03-14-02 5
       RE: A Third Tribe Cin 03-15-02 7
 RE: A Third Tribe katem 03-14-02 4
   RE: A Third Tribe PepeLePew13 03-16-02 15
       RE: A Third Tribe dabo 03-17-02 16
 RE: A Third Tribe lionsroar 03-15-02 6
   RE: A Third Tribe macamrox 03-15-02 10
 RE: A Third Tribe Drive My Car 03-15-02 8
 RE: A Third Tribe smiles 03-15-02 9
 RE: A Third Tribe brenda1234 03-15-02 11
 RE: A Third Tribe Survivorerist 03-15-02 12
 RE: A Third Tribe TheWanderer 03-15-02 13
   RE: A Third Tribe Naked 03-15-02 14
 No third tribe, again JohnMc 03-21-02 17
 RE: A Third Tribe sorgee 03-21-02 18

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

SurvivinDawg 6816 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-14-02, 10:58 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivinDawg Click to send private message to SurvivinDawg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: A Third Tribe"
It certainly is a thought. TahitiPresse had something about that, also, but we've found TP to not exactly be the most reliable of sources.

*** Contradictions don't exist. If you are faced with a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong. -- Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

sorgee 1455 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

03-14-02, 01:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sorgee Click to send private message to sorgee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: A Third Tribe"
I like that scenario!!!! It would bring a very interesting dynamic to the game...

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
Don't do the action if you can't handle the reaction. ~deborah briggs

mr_bananaman 37 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

03-14-02, 03:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mr_bananaman Click to send private message to mr_bananaman Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: A Third Tribe"
The problem with this scenario is that one of the tribes will have to build a camp from scratch. How will they decide who gets to stay in the original tribe and who leaves to start a new camp?

The only way this might work is if MB already prepares a camp for the second Rotu tribe to move into with all the supplies they originally had. But I can't see him tampering with the game this much.

Another problem is the reward challenges Rotu won, how will they decide who gets to keep what. I'm sure they will fight over things like the snorkling gear and the laterns.

It just seems that too many complications will arise with splitting the teams into three part way through the game.

ulalame 778 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

03-14-02, 06:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ulalame Click to send private message to ulalame Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: A Third Tribe"
LAST EDITED ON 03-14-02 AT 06:18 PM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 03-14-02 AT 06:18 PM (EST)

I agree that could be problematic, but I don't think it precludes the option. There are other ways they could deal with it without having to create a third camp, for instance, what if they just tell Rotu, you are now two tribes of 4 members who have to separately compete for immunity but they still live in the same camp? Or what if there is an early merge at 12, but instead of individual immunity they are forced to play for immunity in teams of 4?

Edited because my spelling sucks

Cin 843 desperate attention whore postings

03-15-02, 01:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Cin Click to send private message to Cin Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: A Third Tribe"
>Another problem is the reward challenges
>Rotu won, how will they
>decide who gets to keep
>what. I'm sure they will
>fight over things like the
>snorkling gear and the laterns.

MB didn't care when he took Tom, Kelly and Lex away from the water they had won. I don't think he'd really care.

Cin

katem 3315 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

03-14-02, 05:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail katem Click to send private message to katem Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: A Third Tribe"
On another recent thread, someone saw a new promo while watching NCAA basketball and it appears that the first ten minutes of the next episode hold a big surprise.

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings

03-16-02, 02:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: A Third Tribe"
I'm reminded of MB and/or JiffyProbe triumphantly telling us all to not miss the first fifteen mins of the first episode of S3 as it's "going to be major."

All we got was Lindsey's visit from Aunt Flo, Thong Granny dumping water, Sgt. Frank barking orders, and many, many falls with the stretcher carrying supplies to their camp.

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings

03-17-02, 02:48 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: A Third Tribe"
ie. They're pulling out the hype in order to beat "Ed." You can't blame them, imagine how bad it would look for CBS if "Ed" beat "Survivor." Not that there's anything wrong with "Ed."

When MB decides to have three tribes in Survivor, he'll start with 18 players divided 6 in each tribe.

"If all machines were to be annihilated at one moment, so that not a knife nor lever nor rag of clothing nor anything whatsoever were left to man but his bare body alone that he was born with, and if all knowledge of mechanical laws were taken from him so that he could make no more machines, and all machine-made food destroyed so that the race of man should be left as it were naked upon a desert island, we should become extinct in six weeks." (Samuel Butler, "Erewhon")

lionsroar 157 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

03-15-02, 01:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail lionsroar Click to send private message to lionsroar Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: A Third Tribe"
This is what I was thinking too..and instead of splitting Rotu into 1/2..dividing Maraamu into 3 teams...2,2 and 1..and then Rotu into 3 teams of 3, 2, and 2. This would fit into the spoiler that says that tie votes come into play this season. Only bad thing about this theory...someone from Maraamu will then have a chance to win this game, and the only reason I want to watch this season anymore is to watch Maraamu get picked off one at a time because of their idiot choice to vote off Hunter.

macamrox 76 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

03-15-02, 03:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail macamrox Click to send private message to macamrox Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: A Third Tribe"
I think that splitting Rotu into 2 tribes (Rotu-A and Rotu-B)would give some of the members of Maraamu a fair enough shot of advancing to the merge. I'm not sure it would be neccessary to swap tribe members.

The only problem I really see happening with this situation is Rotu-A and Rotu-B may work together in the challenges to sabotage Maraamu, but who really cares! Actually, that would be kind of fun to watch.

Drive My Car 20045 desperate attention whore postings

03-15-02, 02:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Drive%20My%20Car Click to send private message to Drive%20My%20Car Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: A Third Tribe"
The three tribe scenario didn't fit for S3 and it doesn't fit now either. There doesn't seem to be evidence supporting it, just alot of speculation. Sounds like too much reaching to me.

smiles 675 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

03-15-02, 03:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail smiles Click to send private message to smiles Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: A Third Tribe"
Three tribes would be a great dynamic. But how could it be done?

To be "fair" MB would at least want to take members from both Maraamu and Rotu. He wouldn't just take Rotu members. If he did just take Rotus then he would have 2 "winner" tribes and still one "looser" tribe (Maraamu). The looser tribe would eventually be non-existent when it came to the 10-member merge and the old Rotus would devour them anyway. Thus, the situation would not be any brighter then it is.

brenda1234 24 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

03-15-02, 04:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail brenda1234 Click to send private message to brenda1234 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: A Third Tribe"
I'd never thought of it before, but now that you've said it...I can't get it off my mind. Definitely possible!!

Survivorerist 4103 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

03-15-02, 04:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Survivorerist Click to send private message to Survivorerist Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: A Third Tribe"
ok, first spoiler post for me here

I was thinking the same thing, mrox, at first. But now, I'm not so sure. It's just too complicated to work and also mucho unfair. Here's why...

There are two ways they could do ICs with 3 tribes.

Option 1: Tribe that wins gets immunity, the other two tribes go for an 8 vote TC. This, as said before, is unfair because the tribe which loses the first member post split is done for (because they have less than 4 people).

Option 2: 3-way ICs, with the team coming in third going to TC. This, IMO, would be boring because much smaller alliances are needed to lock the game. I mean, the four vote TC is okay, but I would much rather see more votes.

I think what's going to happen is something else. Mark Burnett could easily manipulate the remaining ICs so that Maraamu wins at least 2 of them. This gives them 4 players going into a traditional time merge and it will be Ular-Helang (Survivor UK) all over again (in which, I may add, a member of the outnumbered tribe won). So I'm guessing (well more hoping than guessing) that MB doesn't screw around with twists and what not and decides to shock us with a 6-4 merge.

"Crazy going slowly am I six five four three two one switch"

TheWanderer 267 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

03-15-02, 07:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TheWanderer Click to send private message to TheWanderer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: A Third Tribe"
... ain't gonna happen.

Naked 887 desperate attention whore postings

03-15-02, 08:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Naked Click to send private message to Naked Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: A Third Tribe"
LAST EDITED ON 03-15-02 AT 08:03 PM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 03-15-02 AT 08:01 PM (EST)

Wade through S3 discussions of this topic, then come back here and tell The Wanderer

AMEN

Naked

JohnMc 2679 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

03-21-02, 12:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail JohnMc Click to send private message to JohnMc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "No third tribe, again"
Looks like it just ain't happenin', nor will it ever.

sorgee 1455 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

03-21-02, 01:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sorgee Click to send private message to sorgee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: A Third Tribe"
I don't think that MB will have 3 tribes, but if he were to make a 3 tribe scenario, I think that there is really only 1 way that he would do it.

What if at the upcoming challenge he had 3 members sit out of Rotu and 1 sit out of Maraamu. That would leave 4 from each current tribe playing plus the 4 leftovers.

OK, to take it further let me get completely hypothetical here. Imagine the freak out if he then said that the 4 leftovers were now a new tribe and they got to raid the other camps - this would give them what they needed to start the game. Imagine if he then gave the new tribe an immunity and he had the remaining 2 tribes battle it out for immunity. HIghly unfair, but it sure would make for interesting TV!

OK. I know that this would probably NEVER happen, but it sure would shake things up a bit. And that MB is a bit...wacky so you never know what he has churning around in his head.

Don't do the action if you can't handle the reaction. ~deborah briggs

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •