The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"My take on "The Winds Twist""
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

sweetpea 223 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

03-13-02, 10:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sweetpea Click to send private message to sweetpea Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"My take on "The Winds Twist""
J.P says "But when the Survivors are given a chance to take fate into their own hands, the game takes a drastic turn"

Now that the teams are 8 to 5, what if Rotu is told that they have to send 2 of their tribe to Mumu. In Bungler's caps, Kathy looks like she is going to cry. Varner-X has her going next, and, if she is sent to Mumu, and they continue to lose, she could very well be the next one voted out.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: My take on "The Winds Twist" MikeD 03-13-02 1
 RE: My take on "The Winds Twist" NorthOfBoston 03-13-02 2
   RE: My take on "The Winds Twist" TechNoir 03-13-02 4
       RE: My take on "The Winds Twist" Bungler 03-13-02 6
 RE: My take on "The Winds Twist" cowboyroo 03-13-02 3
 RE: My take on "The Winds Twist" ycartdraw 03-13-02 5
   totally agree smiley 03-14-02 22
 RE: My take on "The Winds Twist" SurvivorBlows 03-13-02 7
   no, no, no shakes the clown 03-13-02 8
       RE: no, no, no SurvivorBlows 03-13-02 9
       RE: no, no, no drich61 03-13-02 10
       RE: no, no, no SurvivinDawg 03-14-02 18
 Another Idea idiotcowboy 03-14-02 11
   RE: Another Idea dabo 03-14-02 14
   Love your idea! ShowMeTheWinner 03-14-02 29
   RE: Another Idea Krautboy 03-17-02 61
 RE: My take on "The Winds Twist" cowboyroo 03-14-02 12
   you couldn't be more wrong Cowboyro... shakes the clown 03-14-02 15
       RE: you couldn't be more wrong Cowb... SurvivinDawg 03-14-02 19
   My Uncle Was a Cameraman IslandFever 03-14-02 16
 RE: My take on "The Winds Twist" GTmike 03-14-02 13
 RE: My take on "The Winds Twist" Kokoro 03-14-02 17
   RE: My take on "The Winds Twist" LithLady 03-14-02 21
       RE: My take on "The Winds Twist" SurvivinDawg 03-14-02 23
 RE: My take on "The Winds Twist" SurvivinDawg 03-14-02 20
 Early Merge sweetpea 03-14-02 24
   3-2 swap dcamikr 03-14-02 25
 RE: My take on "The Winds Twist" Cin 03-14-02 26
 RE: My take on "The Winds Twist" Tatina 03-14-02 27
   RE: My take on "The Winds Twist" ShowMeTheWinner 03-14-02 31
   RE: My take on "The Winds Twist" pisspoorprotoplasm 03-14-02 33
       RE: My take on "The Winds Twist" Naked 03-15-02 54
 RE: My take on "The Winds Twist" ConanRDU 03-14-02 28
   RE: My take on "The Winds Twist" Devious Weasel 03-14-02 30
   RE: My take on "The Winds Twist" SurvivaBear 03-14-02 32
       RE: My take on "The Winds Twist" red 03-14-02 34
           RE: My take on "The Winds Twist" Uncle_Fester 03-14-02 35
 TWISTING WINDS AND WHATNOT MikeD 03-14-02 36
   RE: TWISTING WINDS AND WHATNOT SurvivaBear 03-14-02 37
       RE: TWISTING WINDS AND WHATNOT Kokoro 03-14-02 38
 RE: My take on "The Winds Twist" hrc2u 03-14-02 39
   RE: My take on "The Winds Twist" Kokoro 03-14-02 40
 And now for something completely di... TechNoir 03-15-02 41
   RE: And now for something completel... tylermathers 03-15-02 42
   RE: And now for something completel... Tatina 03-15-02 45
 RE: My take on "The Winds Twist" GTmike 03-15-02 43
   RE: My take on "The Winds Twist" Kokoro 03-15-02 44
 Earlier than expected relocation? Swami 03-15-02 46
 Network Update-Sounds Like sweetpea 03-15-02 47
   Looks Like Storm Destroys Camp or C... sweetpea 03-15-02 48
 RE: My take on "The Winds Twist" ycartdraw 03-15-02 49
   RE: My take on "The Winds Twist" princesstan 03-15-02 50
       RE: My take on "The Winds Twist" TheWanderer 03-15-02 51
       RE: My take on "The Winds Twist" literock 03-15-02 52
       RE: My take on "The Winds Twist" TheWanderer 03-15-02 53
 RE: My take on "The Winds Twist" Fashionista007 03-15-02 55
   RE: My take on "The Winds Twist" MikeD 03-15-02 56
   RE: My take on "The Winds Twist" Tatina 03-16-02 57
       RE: My take on "The Winds Twist" Dakota 03-17-02 58
       RE: My take on "The Winds Twist" simone 03-17-02 59
           RE: My take on "The Winds Twist" Dakota 03-17-02 60
 RE: My take on "The Winds Twist" lazydazes 03-17-02 62
   RE: My take on "The Winds Twist" dabo 03-18-02 63
   RE: My take on "The Winds Twist" Tatina 03-18-02 65
 RE: My take on "The Winds Twist" JeffGator 03-18-02 64
 ROB WITH PALM TREE ON FIRE pakooga 03-18-02 66
   Pakooga... IceCat 03-18-02 67
       RE: Pakooga...just goofin around pakooga 03-18-02 68
           Try Bashers, Fanatics, and Off Topi... IceCat 03-18-02 69
               RE: The Truth About Bashers Dakota 03-19-02 82
           RE: Pakooga...just goofin around Rebel Crown 03-18-02 70
               RE: Pakooga...just goofin around Mitrelleum 03-19-02 71
 Possible scenario MeToo 03-19-02 72
   RE: Possible scenario SurvivinDawg 03-19-02 73
   RE: Possible scenario dabo 03-19-02 74
       RE: Possible scenario MeToo 03-19-02 75
   RE: Possible scenario MikeD 03-19-02 77
       RE: Possible scenario TechNoir 03-19-02 83
 What If Fire Destroys MuMu Camp? sweetpea 03-19-02 76
   RE: What If Fire Destroys MuMu Camp... MikeD 03-19-02 78
   Moving the Fire? Krautboy 03-19-02 79
       RE: Moving the Fire? diamond 03-19-02 80
       RE: Moving the Fire? Hylia 03-19-02 81

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

MikeD 344 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

03-13-02, 10:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MikeD Click to send private message to MikeD Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: My take on "The Winds Twist""
Would else would they get rid of besides Kathy? Zoe?

NorthOfBoston 158 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

03-13-02, 10:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail NorthOfBoston Click to send private message to NorthOfBoston Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: My take on "The Winds Twist""
Yes, isn't Zoe on Jeff Varner's list? That would make her prime for booting (joining Maraamooo)

There is a posting going all over surviivor.com and survivorsucks.com that Kathy was photographed in a yellow buff. I'm sure this has already been posted. However, that would explain Kathy being so upset! She's being shipped OUT!

Also, someone speculated somewhere that Maraamu means "wind." I don't remember what Jeffy said each tribe name meant. Any clarification on the names? They would help in in further spoiling.

Lastly, 'read an interview with Brandon who admitted to lurking around spoiler boards during S3. Could there be a S4 lurker among us now?

TechNoir 9741 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-13-02, 10:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TechNoir Click to send private message to TechNoir Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: My take on "The Winds Twist""
Consensus seems to be that the "yellow" buff is a blue one on the wrong side. And it doesn't really make sense that one team gets to choose folks to be sent to the other team while the other team does .... nothing?

I'm not buying it.

60 Pixel Series, No. 2

Bungler 497 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

03-13-02, 10:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bungler Click to send private message to Bungler Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: My take on "The Winds Twist""
The consensus is correct, TechNoir. It's a bad vidcap to begin with. Here's 3 shots I made from the same Early Show segment, and it doesn't look yellow at all. I'd have posted this a Surviiivor, but they lock all of their forums until the West Coasters have seen the show. I'll be in bed by then.

cowboyroo 590 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

03-13-02, 10:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cowboyroo Click to send private message to cowboyroo Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: My take on "The Winds Twist""
LAST EDITED ON 03-13-02 AT 10:59 PM (EST)

I don't think we can assume the Jeff Varner post goes any further than Hunter. I don't think we should assume that Kathy is going. There just seems to be always something pointing to Kathy for a boot the next week.

The Seven shown at the end of the preview are:

Rob, Vecepia, Sean, (Paschal, Neleh, Gabriel, and Kathy)

Missing from frame by frames:

Sarah, Gina (Robert, Tammy, Zoe, and John)

Possibly, the two "new" tribes, or is this majorly too easy of a Red Herring...Personally, I think tribes will stay as is.

ycartdraw 46 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

03-13-02, 10:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ycartdraw Click to send private message to ycartdraw Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: My take on "The Winds Twist""
I think you are right on...almost. I had to watch tonight at my friends house (our electricity was out!!!) and on the way home it just hit me...Mara gets to take members from Rotu. I think they tell Mara, "if you could take 2 members from the other tribe and bring them to yours who would it be?" Or something along that line. They give their options, (I have no idea who but Zoe and Kathy would fit speculation but would they be first picks?). Mara thinks that Rotu is given the same option but surprise....the teams just evened up. May not be probable, but it is possible...LOL. Of course, I still don't see the folks from Mara making much of themselves. They are quite moronic don't you think.

Now, my problem with all of this. As much as I think it could be possible that somehow or another the teams become even, how unfair is it to the ones that get screwed by it. If the above scenario were to take place, and say Kathy and Zoe were the two sent over, it is soooo probable that they would be the next two to go. Now Kathy probably wouldn't have been around long anyway but Zoe has potential. I would be so P@#%!#@ off if I got booted just because MB didn't like the way it was playing out. Is there any legal issues there? Just curious. Well, I have rambled on way too long, especially for someone who has only guessed one thing right since the show started!!!

smiley 2009 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

03-14-02, 08:01 AM (EST)
Click to EMail smiley Click to send private message to smiley Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "totally agree"
I totally agree with this scenario. People don't look happy in the previews, so knowing about the switch in S3 its likely they are faced with some sort of similar decision. Agreed they might not know the true meaning at the time. And I agree about the Zoe thing. She has had virtually no face time and I was rooting for her to win the whole thing! If she gets shipped off to Mara and they don't like her she is going to be the first one to go. NO FAIR MB!!!!!!!

SurvivorBlows 15230 desperate attention whore postings

03-13-02, 11:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorBlows Click to send private message to SurvivorBlows Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: My take on "The Winds Twist""
LAST EDITED ON 03-13-02 AT 11:47 PM (EST)

Right now I'm not sold at all on this "send 2 to the other tribe thing" because it would be an incredible manipulation designed PURELY to get rid of a couple of Rotu members, but if there was a "send 2 people to Maraamu" thing, I'm note sure if Rotu would decide to send Kathy and Zoe.

How about this... they send Kathy and Robert (he's hurt, limping, been sick, and who knows what else. Why keep him over Zoe the lobsterman who is probably being pretty helpful in camp.)

Then in Ep4 Maraamu looses and they decide to boot KATHY.

Then Rotu finally loses in Ep5 and decides with the merge coming, it's time to remove a strong contender and out goes Zoe (plus Sweetpea, Paschal, John, and Gabe seem to all get along well, leaving Tammy the only possible outsider and other candidate.)

Lastly in Ep6, Maraamu loses once again and out goes Robert.

Frankly, if there's a swap, I think it's going to be more likely to be a 2 for 1 swap -- with one Maraamu leaving (and maybe that's the context within which Gina's comments are made -- Gina wants to volunteer to go to Maraamu.) A 2 for 1 swap would ensure that:

a) the teams stay within one person of each other at one team of 6, the other of 7

b) ensure that Rotu can still "win" even if they "lose" (by being able to vote out Gina)

c) once again put "3 teams of 2" into Maraamu and give Burnett another chance to play games with the couple alliances.

d) ensure Maraamu could take a 6/4 advantage into the merge simply by winning one of the final three IC's (and on the other hand, make it near impossible for Maraamu to go into the merge at 5/5 since to do so they'd not only have to win the two challenges and boot both their former Rotu members, but also intentionally lose the 3rd remaining challenge and hope somehow that the 6 remaining Rotu picked off one of their own instead of Gina.)

As far as "switches" after Ep3 ideas go, I see a 2 for 1 being the most realistic -- because with 13 survivors left in the game, and 8 still from one team, it's going to be impossible to do any type of swap where Rotu doesn't dominate ONE OR BOTH of the new tribes (even if Rotu loses in Ep4 and you do the swap after Ep4, the same would still hold true -- Rotu would have to have a numerically advantage on AT LEAST one tribe.)

-SB

shakes the clown 3366 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

03-13-02, 11:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail shakes%20the%20clown Click to send private message to shakes%20the%20clown Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "no, no, no "
(plus Sweetpea, Paschal,
>John, and Gabe seem to
>all get along well, leaving
>Tammy the only possible outsider
>and other candidate.)

...Tammy most definitely is NOT an outsider. As I posted last week, after reviewing ep #2 again it is clear that her and Gabe are in the budding stages of an alliance.

SurvivorBlows 15230 desperate attention whore postings

03-13-02, 11:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorBlows Click to send private message to SurvivorBlows Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: no, no, no "
LAST EDITED ON 03-13-02 AT 11:36 PM (EST)

I said possible outsider -- and if she's "in" then it makes the logic of Kathy and Robert being the ones selected to be exiled (should this be what Burnett is planning) to Maraamu even more likely -- send Maraamu your tired, your sick, your pain in the asses.

It's what I'd do.

-SB

drich61 558 desperate attention whore postings

03-13-02, 11:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail drich61 Click to send private message to drich61 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: no, no, no "
>...Tammy most definitely is NOT an
>outsider. As I posted
>last week, after reviewing ep
>#2 again it is clear
>that her and Gabe are
>in the budding stages of
>an alliance.

Plus, SB also pointed out that references of Gabe and Tammy together, were also changed from the Jeff V artical.

The list isn't the only change. The original ending to the next to the last paragraph was:

"and potential ruthlessness (Tammy and Gabe)."

the original 3rd sentence said "I'd say Tammy and Gabriel reveal conniving devilish sides."

SurvivinDawg 6816 desperate attention whore postings

03-14-02, 06:22 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivinDawg Click to send private message to SurvivinDawg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: no, no, no "
I was about to say, then saw that shakes had it up here already. It was clear to me that Tammy and Gabe are headed to an alliance if they aren't already there. Right now Tammy is so UTR that she must be watched as a potential Final Four candidate.

*** Contradictions don't exist. If you are faced with a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong. -- Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

idiotcowboy 1135 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

03-14-02, 00:10 AM (EST)
Click to EMail idiotcowboy Click to send private message to idiotcowboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "Another Idea"
Instead of a swap of any kind how about a do-over.

Hold an individual challenge that will select two "captains" to pick their new teams. The winner from each tribe gets to choose (ie in their hands), their own team just like in a pick-up game of ball. Something would have to be done of course to ensure the break up of the alliances like for every Rotu you take you must take a stinking Maraamu too, but it could work.

Come to think of it you could save it for the IC and the left over person it automatically booted.

-ICB

who thinks he needs a serious pep talk

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings

03-14-02, 01:37 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Another Idea"
>Come to think of it you
>could save it for the
>IC and the left over
>person it automatically booted.
>
Well, I liked the idea, though I think it unlikely, but that last part definitely wouldn't happen; we gotta have the tribal council and an actual vote-off, of course.

>-ICB
>who thinks he needs a serious
>pep talk

Shake it off, these things happen, now get back out there and show MB we ain't no wimps, we'll take it to the bitter end no matter what it takes!

"If all machines were to be annihilated at one moment, so that not a knife nor lever nor rag of clothing nor anything whatsoever were left to man but his bare body alone that he was born with, and if all knowledge of mechanical laws were taken from him so that he could make no more machines, and all machine-made food destroyed so that the race of man should be left as it were naked upon a desert island, we should become extinct in six weeks." (Samuel Butler, "Erewhon")

ShowMeTheWinner 962 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

03-14-02, 11:04 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ShowMeTheWinner Click to send private message to ShowMeTheWinner Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "Love your idea!"
LAST EDITED ON 03-14-02 AT 12:47 PM (EST)

This will ensure an even mix of Maras and Rotus and will truly shatter many alliances as your allies may be on different tribes. This theory seems to be the fairest way for people as they'd just have to re-adjust themselves to the dynamics of the new tribe rather than getting the dominant tribe members to vote off the other tribe members. The fairest twist theory so far

But I don't think that MB had thought about this though. It'd probably come down to some Rotu tribe members having to join the other side (best of luck to them) what with the "throw their fates to the winds" clue that MB provided. I'm going with the idea that some Rotu members being sent to Maraamu as unfair as it sounds.

Krautboy 2750 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

03-17-02, 09:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Krautboy Click to send private message to Krautboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
61. "RE: Another Idea"
ICB: I has the same thought when I saw the picture of Rob standing next to Paschal...

...but it seems more likely that that picture is just a trivia challenge, as Cowboyroo points out in the "Ep 4 Preview Vidcaps" thread.

Krautboy

cowboyroo 590 desperate attention whore postings

03-14-02, 00:14 AM (EST)
Click to EMail cowboyroo Click to send private message to cowboyroo Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: My take on "The Winds Twist""
What makes everyone sure there is going to be a trade next week. I'm not at all convinced...Also, for Varner's friends....I have a feeling it was a plant....why did it come out today? Right before the show?

I smell some funky red herring!

For Gina romance to start, she'd need to go pre-jury. I believe there was proof they were couple when they got back so there needed to be time for that to happen. So, if Varner friends is right, this would only give her Ep. 7 as a boot possibility.

shakes the clown 3366 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

03-14-02, 02:23 AM (EST)
Click to EMail shakes%20the%20clown Click to send private message to shakes%20the%20clown Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "you couldn't be more wrong Cowboyroo"
Also, for Varner's friends....I
>have a feeling it was
>a plant....why did it come
>out today? Right before the
>show?
>

...uhm, if you are saying that the Varner info was a plant, then you are accusing me of working for CBS cause I'm the person who "planted" the info on the message board.

You need to go back and read the thresd in order to correctly understand what exactly the whole Varner's friends list is about..you are seriously misrepresenting its meaning in your post.

In one sentence, the Varner's friends info did NOT come out today, it came out BEFORE the first episode....the only reason it FINALLY made its way to OUR board last night is because I decided to copy the info from truedorktimes.com, who already had this info on their website. Then, Webby and Ayak came forward and acknowledged that this site was subject to CBS' blackout of this information, whch ocurred BEFORE the first ep.

The only reason this info has materialized again is because after 2 episodes people noticed the pattern and started to put 2 and 2 together.

03-14-02, 06:33 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivinDawg Click to send private message to SurvivinDawg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: you couldn't be more wrong Cowboyroo"
Credit to shakestheclown for posting the info, BUT it was already out there and others COULD have posted it (just how much IS See-BS paying ya, shakes? )

Also, SOMEWHERE on this board, I posted that I was toying with the idea that Hunter would go next. Maybe in the "Is Gina in trouble?" thread. I don't have enough coffee in me yet to make the effort to find and post the link.

My point is that it would NOT make sense for the Varner-X info to be a red herring. There was other stuff out there, and Varner-X just added to it. I *DO* think that one of the six will be wrong... it's very much like Diane's Friends in Survivor III. Teresa was the one of the six that wasn't right. In this case, I suspect that Zoe might be incorrect.

*** Contradictions don't exist. If you are faced with a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong. -- Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

IslandFever 205 desperate attention whore postings

03-14-02, 02:36 AM (EST)
Click to EMail IslandFever Click to send private message to IslandFever Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "My Uncle Was a Cameraman"
Now that you said it, it sure makes sense that the Jeff Varner list is a red herring. And the way that Patricia went on and on about Hunter and Gina, I would guess Gina gets booted next or soon. My original take on "the winds twist" is that Rotu finally loses immunity. I don't think a trade would be fair to Rotu. They have won each challenge fair and square.

GTmike 1255 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

03-14-02, 01:28 AM (EST)
Click to EMail GTmike Click to send private message to GTmike Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: My take on "The Winds Twist""
I like the 2 for 1 switch idea. The twist on the switch could be that the ones that go to a new tribe are given automatic immunity for the next tribal council that that person goes to. (In other words, once a tribe goes to TC and boots off an original member, then everyone is fair game. But until a tribe goes to TC the new member(s) has(have) immunity). That way they are not given over to a new tribe so that they can be toast at their next TC. This would help start new alliances and would be a great lead-in to the merge. This could also help mess up tribe politics so that everyene doesn't just vote on pld tribal lines once the merge happens. Even better is that the tribe has to vote who to send over to the new tribe, not just look for volunteers. Kinda like a mini TC as to who to send over.

Kokoro 3899 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

03-14-02, 03:23 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Kokoro Click to send private message to Kokoro Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: My take on "The Winds Twist""
Well wouldn't something like this be illegal? It's kinda obvious that a switch like this would not be planned before the game....

The thing is, even if your tribe votes you over to the other one, MB is still the one making them do it....It's basically a very obvious fix to make things more interesting because one tribe happens to be stupid....Someone call Stacey Stillman!

(btw I don't think this will happen but seeing as I'm saying it won't ~It will~)
----------------------------------------
Now let us never speak of S3 again.

LithLady 11 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

03-14-02, 06:54 AM (EST)
Click to EMail LithLady Click to send private message to LithLady Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: My take on "The Winds Twist""
I, for one, hopes that there is no swap. The Maraamu tribe is too stupid to be allowed a second chance.
Did you see the raft challenge? If the players were paying attention they would have seen Sean's paddle barely touching the top of the water while Hunter is paddling like crazy as well as diving down to unhook the crates. And they vote off Hunter??? Now how do they think they are going to have a chance to win a challenge?
I usually don't like the "pagonging" but this time, I would welcome it. This team DESERVES it.

03-14-02, 08:43 AM (EST)
23. "RE: My take on "The Winds Twist""
Did you see the raft challenge? If the players were paying attention they would have seen Sean's paddle barely touching the top of the water while Hunter is paddling like crazy as well as diving down to unhook the crates.

Yes, I noticed this. It speaks volumes about Sean and his character and ethics. But I also noticed how hard Silas worked to win the IC puzzle after he was swapped. The other Borans stood around and did nothing. The only thing is, Sean did this during an RC, when there was no hidden value in losing (as there was value in losing the IC: so Boran could rid itself of Silas in the only legal way available).

And they vote off Hunter??? Now how do they think they are going to have a chance to win a challenge?

It is VERY easy for us to sit here and ask these questions while watching on TV and sipping cognac (or "Godfathers", scotch and amaretto, which I might start drinking in Rob's "honor" ). But I can give these two answers:

1) They are not winning the challenges WITH Hunter, so what difference does it make?
2) They aren't thinking of the challenges in making these decisions. Rob is thinking of Sarah's pillows, Sean is thinking of his hatred of Hunter, and Vecepia is thinking of herself in this game.

03-14-02, 06:42 AM (EST)
20. "RE: My take on "The Winds Twist""
Let me throw some fuel into this fire and fan the flames: I cannot see any kind of "swap" while the numbers are 8-5, to wit:

1) Sending two persons to Maraamu from Rotu would make the numbers 7-6 in favor of Maraamu. Rotu would rightly have a HUGE complaint about that. They might do a sit-in protest (like certain Love Cruise contestants) or something.

2) Sending one person would still make Rotu the larger tribe, but Rotu could rightly complain that THEY are being punished for Maraamu losing challenges. Hey, life's not fair, but I'm not sure MB really wants to go there.

3) A two-for-one swap is a little bit more interesting, but I have complaints about that: The previews seem to indicate that the players will have a CHOICE whether or not to do the thing that is going to happen. Also, the Maraamu sent to Rotu is DOOMED if Rotu loses IC.

4) What makes a little more sense and would be slightly more fair (at least as "fair" as MB is ever going to be) would be either an early merge OR a complete reshuffling of tribes, probably by drawing lots or something.

Now if Maaraamu loses the next IC and is down 8-4, then it's a no-brainer to merge or reshuffle to two 6-6 tribes, because otherwise there's not much point in continuing with Maraamu so weak.

So my Monopoly money is betting on an offer of an early merge OR a complete reshuffling of the tribes.

03-14-02, 10:00 AM (EST)
Click to EMail sweetpea Click to send private message to sweetpea Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "Early Merge"
I don't know if we can trust the Tahitipress, but I copied below the translation from the article that says that 1 tribe moved (remember stories about having to leave one of the areas due to legal issues). Anyway, This might be the choice given them where they can determine their own fate--do you want to merge early and have individual challenges now.

I don't know how to copy vidcaps from threads, but in Bungler's vidcap 7, you can see Rob with the corner of Paschal's royal blue shirt facing him. Maybe taken at a merge? or a swap?

Tahitipresse

Date and Time : 12/02/2001 at 19h15

'Survivor' in Nuku Hiva : only 11 candidates left

According to people living in Taiohae, Nuku Hiva, there are only 11 candidates left in the "Survivor" TV game. Three more candidates have been voted out of the game.

The five candidates stay in an unknown place in Nuku Hiva.
"There's been an unexpected change in the rules of the game for reasons that I cannot imagine", said a Marquesan.

According to the same source, one of the two tribes has moved to Hakapaa. It is not sure however if it is the Hakaui or the Hakatea one

dcamikr 2 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

03-14-02, 10:35 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dcamikr Click to send private message to dcamikr Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "3-2 swap"
LAST EDITED ON 03-14-02 AT 10:37 AM (EST)

My money is on a 3-2 swap. That divides Maraamu 3/3 and forces Maraamu to choose another person to go with Gina. Even with a swap New Rotu would continue to win making Gina and whoever goes with her safe....and forcing a tie at tribal council in new Maraamu. Which will bring about a Kathy boot.

edited to say this will eliminate the unfairness of a 2-1 swap...which would be VERY Unfair to Rotu...

Cin 843 desperate attention whore postings

03-14-02, 10:41 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Cin Click to send private message to Cin Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: My take on "The Winds Twist""
Has anyone thought of a 3-2 switch? If Rotu has to send 3 (Kathy, Zoe and Rob) and MooMoo has to send 2, that will still mess with alliances, Moomoo will not only have to give up Gina but another of their 4.

Thoughts?
Cin

Tatina 112 desperate attention whore postings

03-14-02, 11:00 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Tatina Click to send private message to Tatina Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "RE: My take on "The Winds Twist""
I think that what ever will happen the contestants are given a choice about it. Both the JP voice over and the CBS website text ("And the Survivors throw their fates to the winds and find themselves in a surpricing predicament") seem to indicate it.

ShowMeTheWinner 962 desperate attention whore postings

03-14-02, 01:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ShowMeTheWinner Click to send private message to ShowMeTheWinner Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
31. "RE: My take on "The Winds Twist""
I agree with you. It sure seemed like they took fates into their own hands. JP said in the preview voiceover, "But when the Survivors are given a chance to take fate into their own hands, the game takes a drastic turn".

There seems to be some kind of choice involved but is the choice given to the individual tribe members or is the choice given to the tribes as a collective? The voiceover seemed to be leaning towards an individual decision but I can't see why any of the tribe members would want to switch tribes other than Gina and Kathy. (scratching my dandruff-free hair...)

pisspoorprotoplasm 19 desperate attention whore postings

03-14-02, 03:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail pisspoorprotoplasm Click to send private message to pisspoorprotoplasm Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
33. "RE: My take on "The Winds Twist""
If one looks at the title of the episode, and puts faith into the voiceover announcing that survivors "throw their fates to the winds", then it sure points to a reshuffling of the tribes.

To me, it seems the only way of shaking up the game without looking like blatant manipulation.

Just a thought...I'm still in single digit postings, after all!

Naked 887 desperate attention whore postings

03-15-02, 07:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Naked Click to send private message to Naked Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
54. "RE: My take on "The Winds Twist""
PPP

Great to have you on the boards. I agree with you that this sounds like tribe reshuffling. It has to be on a voluntary basis though, as it also says that the players put there fate in there own hands. The only way I can see any of the players leaving tribes voluntarily this week, is if old Jiffy offers them an incentive... Say Immunity for one or two tribal councils... Just a thought.

Naked

ConanRDU 20 desperate attention whore postings

03-14-02, 11:00 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ConanRDU Click to send private message to ConanRDU Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "RE: My take on "The Winds Twist""
At first I thought a switch was likely, but now I think it refers more to Maraamu itself. Maraamu was the word for "wind". Other than a tribal swatch, I see two additional scenarios that could be "The Winds Twist".

1) The R/S and S/V alliance gets broken up when Gina allies with one couple or the other. Given Gina's dislike of Sarah, and Sean and Vecepia's previous votes against Sarah, I'd say it is more likely she'd try to ally with Sean and Vecepia. Sean and Vecepia would realize that it's better to have Gina around and Sean might want to take Rob's ego down a notch or two.

2) "The winds twist" is a play on words on "twisting in the wind". This could just refer to the continuing annihilation of Maraamu without any internal changes in Maraamu.

Just some food for thought.

Devious Weasel 18756 desperate attention whore postings

03-14-02, 11:34 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Devious%20Weasel Click to send private message to Devious%20Weasel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
30. "RE: My take on "The Winds Twist""
Long time listener, first time caller.

I'm in total agreement on scenario two, the "Winds Twist" coming from "Twisting in the Wind." The American Heritage Dictionary defines twisting in the wind as “To abandon (someone) to a bad situation, often as a recipient of blame.” We know that Maraamu means “Wind.” To me, the title “The Wind Twists” means that someone on Maraamu (one of the Winds) will be blamed for something (single-handedly losing an immunity challenge?) and abandoned to a bad situation (booted). In this interpretation, the title is the red herring. The fact that TVGuide Online shows the title of the March 28th episode to be “The End of Innocence” strengthens my belief that there is no swap, Maraamu loses again, and Rotu doesn’t lose an immunity challenge until the 28th (thereby losing innocence because they have to finally vote someone off). We’ve been told that all bets are off and anything could happen – well, maybe one of the anythings that can happen is MB NOT adjusting the rules to give the Maraamus a chance to compete. (Maybe their behavior even disgusted him?) Of course, “The End of Innocence” could be a reference to Don Henley showing up…

SurvivaBear 2634 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

03-14-02, 01:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivaBear Click to send private message to SurvivaBear Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
32. "RE: My take on "The Winds Twist""

"The winds twist" is a play on words on "twisting in the wind".
This could just refer to the continuing annihilation of Maraamu
without any internal changes in Maraamu.

Not that this could not happen, but could the swap not twist the "Wind" just as easily and Kathy could be left twisting in the wind. All this discussion does not make things clearer for me. I sure hope Don Henley shows up to cheer me up.

"Destined for Greatness!"

red 140 desperate attention whore postings

03-14-02, 03:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail red Click to send private message to red Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
34. "RE: My take on "The Winds Twist""
Well, personally I always thought The Winds Twist meant quite simply a change for the "wind" team - they actually win something. Meaning Rotu legitimately (depending on how fixed the challenge is) goes to Tribal Council. It fit with No Pain No Gain - Rotu has pain and the gain is immunity. The The Winds Twist and they finally lose immunity.

But having that word "twist" presents a problem. I still can't buy MB would swap the teams at an uneven number.

Uncle_Fester 19 desperate attention whore postings

03-14-02, 05:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Uncle_Fester Click to send private message to Uncle_Fester Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
35. "RE: My take on "The Winds Twist""
My, my, my have the winds have changed, the first two weeks we were given pretty easy picks and now nothing. The spoiling is definitely getting harder, hopefuly this week will uncover something of solid value. There are so many things floating out there it may be a couple of weeks before we can uncover anything of value.

03-14-02, 06:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MikeD Click to send private message to MikeD Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
36. "TWISTING WINDS AND WHATNOT"
It was wrong and totally unfair in Survivor 3 to make the tribes switch, but it made for great TV. So I believe that MB can and will do whatever he sees necessary to make sure that there is a thorn thrown in this game somehow. Who knows what that will be -At this point, a switch or twist would be hella welcome. Unfair to the Rotu peeps, yes, but hell - this is still a freaking tv show....My gut tells me that MB and whoever else realizes Gina (the underdog) doesnt have a chance at this point and will do whatever they can to preserve her in the game. Whenever the game gets ugly, something happens to lighten it up and make people cheer and be happy with the outcome. Imagine what a crappy game people would think survivor is if the final four in africa was silas, lindsey, brandon and kim p...

I am willing to bet that most likely the "twisting winds" title either refers to Rotu finally losing an immunity challenge - OR Gina alligns with S/V or R/S to vote out one of the others. But we probably shouldnt rule out a twist at some point in future episodes. I think it's just too soon now.

(I also think that it is very strange that everyone started talking about the jeff v stuff the night of hunter's boot....odd coincidence - not impossible, but odd....)

SurvivaBear 2634 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

03-14-02, 07:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivaBear Click to send private message to SurvivaBear Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
37. "RE: TWISTING WINDS AND WHATNOT"
Whatever the "twist" is occurs in the beginning of the show according to the new promo. This would probably not be the IC. I believe evidence is biulding that MB does something similar to S3. Something that has to do with serendipity as well as the players choices.

"Destined for Greatness!"

03-14-02, 10:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Kokoro Click to send private message to Kokoro Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
38. "RE: TWISTING WINDS AND WHATNOT"
On the SS ezboard there is a theory that it could go to a split of Rotu 4/4 and Maraamu 3/2....

This sounds best to me as it would not be completely obviously unfair to Rotu, while still allowing possible alliance shifting which may not guarantee a Maraamu boot....Of course since Maraamu will still most likely be decimated this way, it's probably a little bit too fair to the Rotus for MB.

hrc2u 146 desperate attention whore postings

03-14-02, 11:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail hrc2u Click to send private message to hrc2u Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
39. "RE: My take on "The Winds Twist""
Let me just say. I might be crazy but here's my thoughts. I keep thinking that perhaps they are going to play some island game that's similuar to twister. I can't get it out of my head. why else would they all be together. I don't see a merge or a switch. MB would want to do something different. Twist us all up. Or it could be play on words. Looks like Gina's odd girl out, or is she? Could she form an alignance with one of the two groups left. I'm not convinced that Vee's with sean. Could they form an all female aliance? What twist that would be. Could Sarah just be using Rob for the body heat? Look at Jeri, she had no problem stabbing people in the back. I think Sarah could twist things around, given the chance.

Sign me hoping to get hit over the head with the bootee.
hrc2u

03-14-02, 11:51 PM (EST)
40. "RE: My take on "The Winds Twist""
Hi hrc, welcome to the boards! ^-^

While Maraamu alliances could certainly shift, the episode's title ("The Winds Twist") and the "Don't miss the first 10 minutes" tag in the promo are basically the same as S3 title and promo (breaking my rule again ;)

Expect a game-changing shake-up of the teams.

03-15-02, 01:40 AM (EST)
Click to EMail TechNoir Click to send private message to TechNoir Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
41. "And now for something completely different"
Suppose, just suppose, that in addition to some sort of tribal shuffling there is an actual meteorological event. It could just be that the winds twisting refers to a physical event.

OK, it's a stretch. But they could arrive back at camp after tribal council and find that some sort of mini-whirlwind has gone through and "upset" everything. That would account for the early placement of the event that CBS is whor.. promoting and still leaves room for another tribal level switch/shake-up/EPM trick later in the episode.

(For all I know, EPM gets big fans out and puts them on the beach to wreck their stuff. After all the flood gave him 10 minutes of semi-decent tv.)

Yeah, yeah ... it's a long shot.

60 Pixel Series, No. 2

tylermathers 19 desperate attention whore postings

03-15-02, 02:38 AM (EST)
Click to EMail tylermathers Click to send private message to tylermathers Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
42. "RE: And now for something completely different"
Perhaps not quite as long a shot as you think....

In one of the many in-game promos for Survivor during NCAA hoops today, the copy read: "the castaways find their camp turned upside down." I didn't have a concrete idea of what that could've meant till reading your theory, TechNoir.. and I like it. It could be like S2 or S3 -- the one where the riverbed flooded and the canister of rice got caught in the branches.

So maybe the legendary First Ten Minutes is about acts of God, not acts of Mark (subtle difference) -- there's no tribal tinkering, and we play 8-on-5.

In the name of Jessie.

03-15-02, 05:42 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Tatina Click to send private message to Tatina Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
45. "RE: And now for something completely different"
After seeing the vid caps of the CBS website promo and reading the network promo I'm quite convinced that there will be a meteorological event rather than a game twist in this episode to stir the things up. It will definitely hit the Rotu camp (with so many Rotu members looking very upset in the promo pics and Kathy saying: "Go with the flow" - thing she would be referring to a thing rather than a person).

I looked up the Nuku Hiva weather on SF and there is actually something to indicate that the weather could turn nasty. There is a definite peak in the wind speed days 11 and 12, with SE/24 and SE/29. The wind will be from the South East. I presume that 24 and 29 refer to the meters per second. Living at a seaside town I know that the wind that blows 24 meters per second is pretty nasty, and could make things fly around. Wind blowing 29 meters per second would definitely do so. We've had few stormy days like that this Winter, and the wind has knocked down the carbagebins.

The fact that the wind is from the South East would make both camps, that are on the Southern shore of the island, pretty exposed to the wind. But if one is to believe the accuracy of the map on SF it seems the Rotu camp would be more exposed than the Maraamu camp, which would be in a pretty deep bay.

The only problem is that this meteorological event would take place only the second day after TC 3 as the earliest. So whatever drama there during the first 10 minutes should come from other factors, such as Gina being unable to hold her tongue after the TC.

GTmike 1255 desperate attention whore postings

03-15-02, 02:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail GTmike Click to send private message to GTmike Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
43. "RE: My take on "The Winds Twist""
I think one thing that we can rule out is that the title refers to something JUST happening to Mara.

In the title, Wind is plural, not possessive. Therefore it isn't saying Wind's (and thus Mara's) Twist, but rather Winds (in general) Twist. I think that this leads to the "twist" affecting everyone. I also don't think that MB would use the same word (twist) this season as he did last season if there wasn't some variation of what happened last time. Can anyone remember what the S3 Twist episode was titled? Was it "The Twist?"

Does anyone remember where the post that compared all of the challenges from the first 3 episode is? I think that it would be good to bump it up and see how it compares with S4. With the lack of spoiler info we got last week, I think that we could use all of the help that we can get this week.

03-15-02, 03:58 AM (EST)
44. "RE: My take on "The Winds Twist""
1.) Yes, episode 5 of S3 (damn I keep breaking my rule ;) was called simply, "The Twist"

2.) OFG's Challenge Comparison Thread is here:

http://community.realitytvworld.com/boards/DCForumID2/2072.shtml

Swami 5885 desperate attention whore postings

03-15-02, 08:31 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Swami Click to send private message to Swami Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
46. "Earlier than expected relocation?"
Based mostly on TahitiPresse articles, we have so far assumed that the relocation of one tribe to a new valley (for local, legal reasons not related to the game) takes place in Episode 5.

This source (TP) has been 'iffy' quite often. I am starting to wonder if perhaps TP got the dates a little wrong & the move is this time, in Ep. 4. Is Rotu the camp that must move? I looked for OFG's post on that, but couldn't find it.

It just makes sense to me that MB would use the total disruption of the camp which must move as a vehicle for the new 'twist' whatever it may be.

Swami

03-15-02, 09:51 AM (EST)
47. "Network Update-Sounds Like "
From survivorfever:

http://www.survivorfever.net/index4.html

Network Update:
THE SURVIVORS ARE FACED WITH AN UNEXPECTED CHALLENGE, ON "SURVIVOR: MARQUESAS," WEDNESDAY, MARCH 20

"The Winds Twist"-- A sudden turn of events spurs new activity at the camps, on SURVIVOR: MARQUESAS, Wednesday, March 20 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. The survivors are faced with their greatest challenge yet when circumstances force them to work harder to keep up their camps and their relationships with each other. Even so, certain tribe members can’t hold their tongues and decide it’s time to take charge of their destiny on the island. And the fourth person is voted out.

03-15-02, 09:59 AM (EST)
48. "Looks Like Storm Destroys Camp or Camps"
Sorry, I hit the return key before I finished my post above,

> The survivors are
>faced with their greatest challenge
>yet when circumstances force them
>to work harder to keep
>up their camps and their
>relationships with each other. Even
>so, certain tribe members can’t
>hold their tongues and decide
>it’s time to take charge
>of their destiny on the
>island. And the fourth person
>is voted out.

It sounds like a storm destroys Rotu. Looking at the vidcaps in the new promo, their beach looks very wet and muddy and Gabe appears to be consoling 2 tribe members, as well as the various Rotu shocked faces.

ycartdraw 46 desperate attention whore postings

03-15-02, 10:34 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ycartdraw Click to send private message to ycartdraw Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
49. "RE: My take on "The Winds Twist""
Ok how about this...

In the first 10 minutes the weather causes their camp to be destroyed. The are given two options.
1. move to a new location and start with whatever they still have after the wind tore up the camp.
2. move to Maraamu's camp for an early merge

It would still leave Rotu with advantage though. Or maybe they would continue to compete against each other until the reqularly scheduled merge. Just share the camp until its time.

Any thoughts..

princesstan 20 desperate attention whore postings

03-15-02, 01:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail princesstan Click to send private message to princesstan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
50. "RE: My take on "The Winds Twist""
The idea that the Rotu camp gets destroyed and they have to relocate can explain the look on some of their faces when faced with a decision on what to do. But I also recall in S2 when their camp got washed away by the flood, nothing was done to help them out. So why should Rotu get help if their camp is destroyed? They wouldn't. Therefore storms destroying their camp would not mean relocation.

As far as joining before an actual merge in the same camp, I beleive it is highly unlikely and it wouldn't be the same game at all (frankly a little dumb).

I believe all the title simply means is that Marramu will finally win one (maybe both RC and IC). Then Kathy will finally get the boot and Varner's list will be correct once again.

Maraamu is mentally stronger right now because they have had to face many decision when brought to TC. Rotu has yet to go to TC therefore they probably have yet to even start to make alliances amongst themselves, if they have it's probably in groups of two. All this to say that the five left (except Gina) have formed a tight bond and regardless of the lazy factor (Sean and Sarah) they will begin to win many challenges now because they have finally formed a tight relationship. When a close bond is formed like that, you will begin to win (even if the almighty Hunter is gone).

TheWanderer 267 desperate attention whore postings

03-15-02, 04:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TheWanderer Click to send private message to TheWanderer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
51. "RE: My take on "The Winds Twist""
With regard to the CBS promo:
""The Winds Twist" ... The survivors are faced with their greatest challenge yet when circumstances force them to work harder to keep up their camps and their relationships with each other. Even so, certain tribe members can’t hold their tongues and decide it’s time to take charge of their destiny on the island. And the fourth person is voted out."

I agree that the weather may play a part in this. As I've said before, I also believe they may be forced to move due to the legal dispute that occurred. In addition, IMHO, an early merge happens, because of the weakness of Maraamu; new alliances have a greater possibility given the numbers. Although "pagonging" will still occur.
As for the certain tribe members can’t hold their tongues and decide it’s time to take charge of their destiny on the island. I think this may relate to Gina. Based on her comments, she feels isolated.

literock 6 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

03-15-02, 04:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail literock Click to send private message to literock Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
52. "RE: My take on "The Winds Twist""
finally, a post that stated the thots that were developing in my head all along (thanks princesstan). There have been many great discussions I have seen here on this board and so many of them are awesome due to the depths many of you have gone to dissect all the previews and vidcaps. I can only say at this point, I am following the thinking of princesstan and trying real hard not to see more than what is really there.

TheWanderer 267 desperate attention whore postings

03-15-02, 07:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TheWanderer Click to send private message to TheWanderer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
53. "RE: My take on "The Winds Twist""
Ther are no bonds. There is Gina and then two groups of two. Both Sean and Rob believe they are now in control. Vee is thinking she's a bit UTR and is having Sean believe she's really aligned with him, when she's not. She's into her own game.
Neither Sean, Rob, nor Sarah have the abilities required to take them much past the merge. The males (and some of the females) on Rotu are both physically and mentally stronger. The only two who may make it well past the merge are Gina and Vee, if the merge occurs early (like next episode). If the merge doesn't occur this episode and there is no switch, Maraamu will more than likely lose again, depending upon the type of IC and Gina will (unfortunately)be booted.

Fashionista007 34 desperate attention whore postings

03-15-02, 09:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Fashionista007 Click to send private message to Fashionista007 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
55. "RE: My take on "The Winds Twist""
How much can we use Kathy crying as a hint to anything? There was that one episode that she crying all the time. Its probably just a clip from that. I dont think she'd cry about a twist, she's changed. Besides there would nothing to cry about at that moment.

03-15-02, 09:13 PM (EST)
56. "RE: My take on "The Winds Twist""
Unless, of course, someone showed her a mirror? kidding....

03-16-02, 05:11 AM (EST)
57. "RE: My take on "The Winds Twist""
It's not only Kathy crying. There is a pic of Paschal looking very sad and stunned too. They are the following frames in the promo and the lighting conditions are similar, so it's probable they are indeed from the same occation. Now, I think that it would take pretty much to make Paschal to get that upset. There is also a pic of Gabe looking pretty distressed, which might be from that occation too (Paschal and Kathy would be standing in a shadow, facing Gabe).

Dakota 5819 desperate attention whore postings

03-17-02, 02:20 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Dakota Click to send private message to Dakota Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
58. "RE: My take on "The Winds Twist""
The only thing I can add to this is that the Tahitian Press reports that the merge takes place with 9 players left. If that's correct, it won't be this week.

simone 52 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

03-17-02, 01:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail simone Click to send private message to simone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
59. "RE: My take on "The Winds Twist""
Just a thought, but maybe someone on Rotu gets hurt? That would explain the shocked and upset looks. Although it doesn't match with the preview's statement that "a fourth person is voted out" - could that be a CBS-produced misdirection? Was there a preview of this kind when Michael fell into the fire? If Rotu lost a player to injury, it would certainly be a "twist" in the game.

03-17-02, 06:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Dakota Click to send private message to Dakota Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
60. "RE: My take on "The Winds Twist""
I thought of that, too. Especially the look on Sean's face and Kathy's tears, which would indicate a member of Rotu gets hurt. Perhaps John gets in the water again (we warned him!) and disaster strikes.

lazydazes 28 desperate attention whore postings

03-17-02, 09:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail lazydazes Click to send private message to lazydazes Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
62. "RE: My take on "The Winds Twist""

Here are my opinions about the promos we have heard so far and how they apply to both tribes........

"The survivors are faced with their greatest challenge yet when circumstances force them to work harder to keep up their camps and their relationships with each other"..... AND.... "the survivors camp is turned upside down--really!"

The promos emphasize the word really - so it makes me think that a twister or typhoon-like storm comes through and hits both camps and REALLY turns things upside down. These "circumstances" would make the survivors work harder to keep the camps up (b/c what they had before the storm was taken away/destroyed) AND it would possibly make them have to work harder to keep their relationships up. If they are under pressure and emotional (as the previews obviously show - Kathy crying, Paschal upset) then they maybe would be a little more on edge with each other - and what was once dubbed the love tribe - is no longer on a honeymoon camping trip.

Too, I think maybe Rotu may get hit a little harder by the storm (either that is why we are seeing more emotion OR CBS is just chosing to show that one tribe and some reaction).

I also thinking it might be a storm of some kind.....this may not be a real good reason but....b/c of the CBS website. At the top of the page (where the logo is) there is storm clouds and animated lightening - this is maybe a hint for this "game-changing" event? Also, another thing that makes me think it is a storm is the preview they have been showing this weekend during the tournament. In the first few video frames of the preview they show a man running away from camp with a torch or latern or something - at night (didn't Rotu get a latern in the last RC?). This man is running but why? B/c of a storm that has hit them suddenly? I am curious as to why this person is running from camp? What would make them run from camp at night?

"....certain tribe members can’t hold their tongues and decide it’s time to take charge of their destiny on the island. And the fourth person is voted out."

I think Kathy is the one they are talking about here - in the first and the last sentence. She might take the oppty. to try to get her tribe motivated to "clean up camp" from the storm and pushs too hard (as usual) and the result ------ booted! This could also apply to Maaramu though (although I don't think they will be going to TC AGAIN!) Maybe Rob is the one that is pushing and trying to take charge of his destiny(given the tone of his last speech!) Sean (the "alpha male" - hee!hee! I can't help but laugh!) is NOW having a problem with HIM TOO! Although they were together in the last tribal council to get rid of one rival alpha male -----now it is Rob's turn.

"But when the Survivors are given a chance to take fate into their own hands, the game takes a drastic turn".

I think this simply means that Maaramu wins both the RC and the IC. Why? Well, maybe Rotu is rattled a bit from their "camp devistation" or emotional distress and they just can't perform as well......or maybe it is simply just Maaramu's time (finally!) I can't imagine that Maaramu would do any better in the challenges with losing Hunter - but you never know. After all, Rotu is hurting a bit - with John and his finger and Robert-limp-along and his toe? Maybe the injuries are catching up. The survivors always have a chance to take fate in to their own hands every challenge - but THIS time "the game takes a drastic turn" - b/c Maaramu is on the rebound - or so it seems - and that would be a drastic turn from the Rotu butt kicking we have all been watching! Besides......Maaramu losing ANOTHER IC and going to TC again ----- would this happen?

I don't think there will be a swap just yet. I just don't see that as being fair at all! Rotu has clearly been the stronger tribe - so I don't think it is fair to punish them (fair......what is fair?) I think that is messing a little too much with the game (although I could be totally wrong!). Too, I have been thinking about how they would swap - 2 for 1 etc...... to messy! I know they merge at some point - but I just am not sold on the fact that it is THIS episode! I think they want us to THINK there is going to be a swap of some kind - but are, once again, misleading us!

For what it is worth........I predict a Maaramu sweep (both RC and IC) and a Kathy boot!

Any thoughts on any of this?? Again...just guessing and throwing out ideas!

03-18-02, 01:23 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
63. "RE: My take on "The Winds Twist""
Finally, something that makes a lot of sense, though I dunno about the Kathy boot part. It is too early for a swap simply because there are an uneven number of players. I would also point out that "wind" has two ways of being pronounced, soft i and hard i (not that I'm predicting anything), in which case if the "winds" in the title is hard i then it is a redundancy, because of course they do. Expect the realy hardcore hype when Survivor returns to Thursdays against Friends.

"If all machines were to be annihilated at one moment, so that not a knife nor lever nor rag of clothing nor anything whatsoever were left to man but his bare body alone that he was born with, and if all knowledge of mechanical laws were taken from him so that he could make no more machines, and all machine-made food destroyed so that the race of man should be left as it were naked upon a desert island, we should become extinct in six weeks." (Samuel Butler, "Erewhon")

03-18-02, 05:56 AM (EST)
65. "RE: My take on "The Winds Twist""
Ok, I've been led to think that it's the Rotu camp that gets destroyed. But then I realized one interesting thing. There isn't a single daytime shot from the Maraamu camp, while there are a lot of shots of various Rotu members on the beach and even one of Neleh in the front of their shelter, which looks untouched.

This would mean that 1) The pic has been taken before the storm. Since it's light here we can safely say the storm won't hit the camps the first night. This is backed by the pics that are definitely post-TC from the Maraamu camp. There aren't any signs of heavy wind 2) It has been taken well after the storm, and Rotu has managed to clean their camp very efficately, just 48 hours or less 3) It's actually the Maraamu camp that gets a harder hit. It seems that it's less exposed to the South Eastern winds than the Rotu camp, so it's hard to tell how this could be possible. I personally think that they might be warned beforehand, because MB would have either to anticipate, posticipate or combine the challanges due to the bad weather. It's not hard to see that in such a case Rotu would be able to work together and be more prepared to the ordeal than Maraamu.

JeffGator 1401 desperate attention whore postings

03-18-02, 03:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail JeffGator Click to send private message to JeffGator Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
64. "RE: My take on "The Winds Twist""
Does that preview of the guy running from camp give anyone else the goosebumps? It reminds me of the Blair Witch Project. Why would someone run from camp at night? Wouldn't camp be the safest place possible? Anyway, Here's what I think happens next week---
some kind of natural disaster destroys Rotu's camp. All of Rotu's supplies are gone and their camp is destroyed. Much like when Ogakor ran out of rice and were forced into a deal that meant they had to give something valuable up, Rotu is given the opportunity to merge with Maraamu at Maraamu's campsite. The catch is that all Maraamu players are immune for the next ? individual immunity challenges. Maraamu also is give the choice to accept or reject the deal and they accept, seeing as how they know they're not going to win any more challenges anyway without Hunter and it gives them all immunity. This would explain why the preview says that they throw their fates up in the wind and have a choice that affects them and it would also explain why it says that the camps are turned upside down and emphasizes the word really. Rotu's camp was destroyed and Maraamu's has been invaded by Rotus. This is just a guess but what do you guys think?______________________________________________________________
19 year old Student at the University of Florida--Go Gators!

pakooga 44 desperate attention whore postings

03-18-02, 10:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail pakooga Click to send private message to pakooga Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
66. "ROB WITH PALM TREE ON FIRE"
THE FIRST FEW MOMENTS OF THE CBS VIDEO PROMO SHOWS WHAT LOOKS LIKE ROB RUNNING TO A PALM TREE ON FIRE??

IceCat 17415 desperate attention whore postings

03-18-02, 10:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail IceCat Click to send private message to IceCat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
67. "Pakooga..."
Calm down...

Stop SHOUTING...

Breath...

People get annoyed when they see somebody who is obviously posting before they read everything and who is posting before they have thought about what they really want to say.

Try this out this little 12 step program:

1) Decide what you want to post;

2) Check everypost for the last week or so to see which thread on which your post belongs;

3) Think about what you want to say;

4) Resist the urge to post;

5) Take a deep breath;

6) Repeat step 3;

7) Write out a clear and concise post that really says something;

8) Check it for spelling and check that you haven't left the capslock key on;

9) Press the PREVIEW button;

10) Repeat step 8;

11) Check that you have really lived up to step 7;

12) Hit the POST button.

Join in with the flow of the conversation -- don't try to dominate it.

OUTSPOIL! OUTSPOOF! OUTRAGEOUS!

pakooga 44 desperate attention whore postings

03-18-02, 10:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail pakooga Click to send private message to pakooga Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
68. "RE: Pakooga...just goofin around"
Sorry - just goofin around - I'll stop. LOL

IceCat 17415 desperate attention whore postings

03-18-02, 10:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail IceCat Click to send private message to IceCat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
69. "Try Bashers, Fanatics, and Off Topic..."
Those boards all have a less serious tone to them and have they all kinds of fun things to do (psssst... I've heard that the Bashers sometimes even poke fun at the Spoilers!)

OUTSPOIL! OUTSPOOF! OUTRAGEOUS!

03-19-02, 04:28 PM (EST)
82. "RE: The Truth About Bashers "
First, I thought that one of the promos showed someone running to something burning near a tree. There's a fire in this one somewhere. Second, IceCat, Bashers poke fun at EVERYONE! We do not discriminate, we're quite good at it and we have lots of fun. (We try to NOT bash other bashers, but sometimes can't help ourselves.) I'm hanging out on spoilers this week because I was hoping to find out early that Sean and/or Rob crashed and burned. I thought you guys had sources! Hmmmmph! (Tiptoes back to basher island.)

Rebel Crown 1413 desperate attention whore postings

03-18-02, 10:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Rebel%20Crown Click to send private message to Rebel%20Crown Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
70. "RE: Pakooga...just goofin around"
LAST EDITED ON 03-18-02 AT 11:03 PM (EST)

This is really no place in which to goof around. Come on over to the Off-Topic forum; toleration of "goofin' around" is the norm. The spoilers mean "business".

Edited to apologize to Mr. IceCat - I didn't mean to step on your toes, posting same idea at same time.

Mitrelleum 257 desperate attention whore postings

03-19-02, 04:52 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Mitrelleum Click to send private message to Mitrelleum Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
71. "RE: Pakooga...just goofin around"
I think the reason they said "REALLY" is probably because of all the disappointing hype surrounding the first 3 minutes of S3. I think they are trying to convince us that there really is something worth watching in the first ten minutes.

MeToo 158 desperate attention whore postings

03-19-02, 09:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail MeToo Click to send private message to MeToo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
72. "Possible scenario"
What about this:

Rotu is hit by a storm that wipes out their camp doing irreparable damage to their shelter which is made out of their raft and a flag - not exactly items that are found in the area. The damage is devastating. Jiffy offers them a "trade". In exchange for a new shelter, they must forego either the RC or the IC. This would explain the more shocked expressions on the faces of the Rotuians, and the somewhat smug, opportunistic expressions on the Marraamuns. It would be consistant with turning their lives upside down in the first 10 minutes - we could get excellent storm defense footage. AND it would give the survivors the choice, ultimately favoring the "wind" tribe, no matter what they pick (with enough damage and loss of personal belongings etc., moral and strength at Rotu may be down enough to actually loose to the Robfather and his mafia). This might ALSO explain Kathy's statement about "Going with the flow" in that she may not have agreed with the tribe's decision (i.e. forfeit a challenge), yet she is outnumbered and doesn't have much of a choice. In the end, if it is INDEED the immunity challenge that they forfeit, or even if it's a particularly good reward that they forfeit which ultimately causes them to loose enough morale to also loose the IC, Kathy would still make sense as a boot. Cases could also be made for Robert or Zoe but in any even, it stays consistant with the Varner list AND keeps Gina safe for another week.

Is this a scenario consistant with ALL of the spoilers (what few there have been this week)? Does anybody see something I'm missing? How stupid would this be? I still think the Mumu's should be left hung out to dry, but if something seriously awefull happened over at Rotu, it may seem perfectly reasonable to trade off with Mumu's based on their strengths which at this time is their numbers.

Any thoughts on this?

MeToo

03-19-02, 10:31 AM (EST)
73. "RE: Possible scenario"
My biggest problem with this is: WHY would JP give Rotu their shelter back at all? What the heck is this show called again?

Even if JP *did* make that offer, if I were a Rotu I would refuse it immediately. A shelter can be rebuilt. I would not want to give up my shot at IC for something that small.

03-19-02, 11:12 AM (EST)
74. "RE: Possible scenario"
I could see JP offering them certain basic get started need to have provisions, knives and a magnifying glass and water jugs, that sort of thing, if their camp were so totally devastated, in return for all their luxury items. I can't imagine MB allowing anything short of someone pulling a Skupin getting in the way of the challenges going ahead as scheduled.

MeToo 158 desperate attention whore postings

03-19-02, 12:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MeToo Click to send private message to MeToo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
75. "RE: Possible scenario"
Dawg and Dabo, you both make excellent points and I'm not 100% sold on this idea myself. However, what if the devastation is so bad - not necessarily to an individual as in the Skupin situation, but bad enough to warrant intervention. Also, say they don't completely forfeit a challenge, but they are given a tremendous handicap of some sort.

I just can't see a switch or a merge and someone won't be taken out of the game via injury (preview says a 4th person is "voted: out). The signs seem to point to something giving Mumu a chance, yet I don't see how any intentional twist by MB could either save them or the ratings. If he tries to save them, it will be just like the French and Russian judges and it's likely to make more people sick of the game than anything. For this reason, I think the twist has to be something natural, and something so awesome that it "really" is worth watching the first 10 minutes. Anything that happens in Mumu's favor has to be merely fallout from that. Does anybody agree with this? Any other ideas?

MeToo

03-19-02, 01:18 PM (EST)
77. "RE: Possible scenario"
I seem to remember reading somewhere stating that "another person goes home" in this week's episode - if they forego the IC, then someone wouldnt go home....

03-19-02, 07:22 PM (EST)
83. "RE: Possible scenario"
Injury? Someone decides they have had enough?

60 Pixel Series, No. 2

03-19-02, 01:15 PM (EST)
76. "What If Fire Destroys MuMu Camp?"
We see Sean & Rob throwing more branches onto a very large bonfire when they return from tribal council. What if the high winds come through that night and blow the fire around the camp so that it sets all their belongings on fire? That might account for the vidcap of someone (maybe Rob?) running with a large palm frond to try to put out a fire. The shocked expressions at Rotu could come from Jeffy telling them that MuMu's camp has been destroyed (like the expressions in Africa when they were told about Mike's injury). This also could give Marky the opportunity to move MuMu to solve his reported legal troubles with their valley. Perhaps he moves them to Rotu, thus the early merge. Vidcaps of Gabe and company looking out at the sea could be them watching for the arrival of MuMu. Just another guess without any concrete vidcaps to figure out what is happening.

03-19-02, 01:21 PM (EST)
78. "RE: What If Fire Destroys MuMu Camp?"
This would be interesting - the MuMu camp has to move into the Rotu camp and the games begin. Hmmm.....

Krautboy 2750 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

03-19-02, 03:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Krautboy Click to send private message to Krautboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
79. "Moving the Fire?"
I think the preview of the guy running to the fire, is Rob trying to move the fire to keep it from getting wet and going out...

Possibly, a storm surprises them during the night and it starts to rain. The Maraamu do not have a lantern to keep a flame going, so they are concerned about their fire going out. Their fire pit is exsposed to the wind and rain and must move the fire to a sheltered area where they have a better chance of keeping it going. To move the fire Rob grabs the biggest burning branch he can grab and runs to a more sheltered area to relocate the fire.

If everything gets wet, the fire goes out, and clouds keep them from restarting the fire with their magnifying glass, then they will be miserable for a few days...

Krautboy

diamond 2307 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

03-19-02, 03:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail diamond Click to send private message to diamond Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
80. "RE: Moving the Fire?"
Whatever it is, they were also seen doing it at the very beginning of Ep3 - lighting some palm fronds in the fire and taking the burning fronds somewhere else. It doesn't seem like it's anything of great import.

Hylia 37 desperate attention whore postings

03-19-02, 03:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Hylia Click to send private message to Hylia Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
81. "RE: Moving the Fire?"
I posted this in response to the discussion of the pictures in question at the "New Promo" thread started by sweetpea.

The more I look at pics 13-15, (a guy running to, from, or around a fire) the more I question whether this person is actually upset or just playing around. In 15, he seems to be looking at somebody to his left and smiling. Maybe this particular scene was just tossed into the promos to throw us off, or make us see something that isn't really there.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •