The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Kathy plus Rich = S4 champ"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

JohnMc 2679 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

03-13-02, 11:38 AM (EST)
Click to EMail JohnMc Click to send private message to JohnMc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Kathy plus Rich = S4 champ"
Does anyone else see a remarkable comparison to her and Rich in S1? Was he as annoying as anything in trying to tell people what to do? Now, Kathy doesn't have a Rudy to back her up, but she seems to be emerging as the alpha-female. EPM seems to be portraying John as the leader of Rotu, but Kathy actually is working hard. While her loner tendencies may not be good for winning Fallen Comrades, she is can still stay in just like Richard did.

We had the villain win in S1, but in S2 the beyotch got booted too early. If Kathy can avoid being like Jerri, she might make it to the end. I picked her to go this week, but I'm gonna have to edit that post. I like Hunter more, but I think Kathy takes it.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Kathy + (Deb + Kel) = S4 first ... SPRocket 03-13-02 1
   RE: Kathy + (Deb + Kel) = S4 first ... PepeLePew13 03-13-02 2
       RE: Kathy + (Deb + Kel) = S4 first ... BrykMantra 03-14-02 3

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

SPRocket 13 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

03-13-02, 04:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SPRocket Click to send private message to SPRocket Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Kathy + (Deb + Kel) = S4 first Rotu boot"
I don't really see a one-to-one comparison between Kathy and Richard Hatch. Yes, Kathy has been really working to provide for the tribe, and she has been pontificating, but I don't ever remember Rich withholding food until people would listen to what he wanted to say to them. And he bonded with Rudy relatively early, and Susan soon after that -- at least for voting purposes.

I see much more similarity between Kathy and Debb/Kel; they all seem(ed) to think that working hard to provide for the tribe is/was the most important thing while ignoring the social aspect of the game. Social self-isolation = elimination in this game. If Maraamu hadn't fallen apart and gone to TC twice in a row, Kathy would already be gone, and they all but told her that in Ep. 2. Gabe specifically said it to her with "But I don't know anything about you." when she was going on and on about getting the shelter built.

And when she DOES interact with her tribe, she's brusque and condescending about it. While this does link her behavior to that of Richard, keep in mind that the other Tagi tribe did very little (successfully) in the way of providing food, and THIS is what kept Richard around. Gabe and John are working to provide food for the tribe, and so Kathy's relative value is much less than Richard's was.

For all that people keep saying that Kathy may just win this thing, I disagree -- I think she's gone VERY soon.

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-13-02, 05:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Kathy + (Deb + Kel) = S4 first Rotu boot"

>And when she DOES interact with her tribe, she's brusque and
>condescending about it. While this does link her behavior
>to that of Richard, keep in mind that the other
>Tagi tribe did very little (successfully) in the way of
>providing food, and THIS is what kept Richard around.
>Gabe and John are working to provide food for the
>tribe, and so Kathy's relative value is much less than
>Richard's was.

There's almost no question whatsoever that if it were the Rot-Us going to TC the first two episodes instead of Maraamus, Kathy would have been one of the two. Richard was brusque and condescending at times, but he was also honest and direct, didn't play mental games for the purpose of humilating others (i.e. like Kathy did in withholding food from the others until she got heard), and more importantly, Richard knew when to make moves while Kathy has all the instincts of a bull running amok in a china shop. Richard had the ability to socialize with others in his tribe and make conversation while all we've heard from Kathy's mouth is a whine.

Kathy's getting her ass kicked pretty damn soon. It's possible she can avoid being the first Rot-u kicked out, but she'll be the second one out.... unless an early merge or a swap happens, and anything can happen after that.

BrykMantra 49 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

03-14-02, 11:27 AM (EST)
Click to EMail BrykMantra Click to send private message to BrykMantra Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Kathy + (Deb + Kel) = S4 first Rotu boot"
Actually, I see Kathy as Diane, not Debb or Kel ... but that's just as bad or worse. Fortunately for her, her tribe hasn't been to TC, and thus she's had a chance to rehabilitate herself. She just might still survive a tribal council, especially if:

1) Injuries/illness make someone (Robert) more useless than they remember Kathy being annoying;

2) There's a switch, and they get Sean (speaking of useless and annoying);

3) Their first tribal council comes after the point where they start having to consider people who are threats (like Clarence last season, maybe John or Gabe this season), and everybody starts wanting to go against Kathy in the final 2 (admittedly, that would probably mean delaying TC till after merge).

But if she can survive even one TC, the above three factors will become more and more likely. I've voted for a Kathy boot the last 2 weeks in a row, but she might have passed a critical point.

-----------------------------

Homer: "But Marge -- if I catch this fish, I'll be a hero! "

Marge: "A hero? ? ? To who? ? ? "

Homer: "To the weirdos at the worm store! "

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •