The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Varner's friends???"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

shakes the clown 3366 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

03-12-02, 08:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail shakes%20the%20clown Click to send private message to shakes%20the%20clown Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Varner's friends???"
LAST EDITED ON 03-12-02 AT 08:32 PM (EST)

Alright, I'm posting this cause I haven't seen it posted anywhere else on the boards. here's the gist of it...

Varner does regular correspondence for ETOnline about S4. He wrote a piece a few days before the show debuted where he spoke about the casting process and some other tidbits. Towards the end he evaluated the new cast based on some bio interview clips he watched. He then listed six Survivors who he did not think would make the merge.....Peter, Patricia, Hunter, Kathy, Zoe and Robert.

Two days later, the article was removed from the online site...when it was put back up the interview was the same except at the end instead of the five people named above, the list was changed as Hunter, Kathy and Robert were replaced by Sara, Gabe and Sean.

I should also point out that ET is owned by Viacom which also owns CBS.

As Arsenio used to say, things that make you go hmmmm.

I got this info from truedorktimes.com and I'll paste the links and info you need below, but first, a little discussion.

I'm pretty sure Varner did not have any access to the names of the bootees when he wrote that article, and even if he did, he loves MB too much to deliberately give info away. But, what if he really just got lucky and nailed the first four or five bootees in order? Would CBS have the article removed? I always thought that CBS's policy was to refuse to acknoledge any rumors or links, so history dictates that they would do nothing. But, there is no denying that the list DID change, and so far, its 2 for 2 with two probably bootees (hunter and Kathy) listed next.

Anyway, I'll let y'all take a look for yourself, and then I'll jump in and post some more comments as the discussion evolves.

Here is the link to the truedorktimes article and below is the relevant text...

http://www.truedorktimes.com/s4/spoilers.htm

(7) Last and possibly least, Jeff Varner wrote a piece for ETOnline on the interview process, and giving his impressions of the S4 cast on Feb. 13th. It was up briefly, and ET managed to get it listed with Google, and then completely removed, from even Google's cache feature, within 48 hours (ET is produced by Viacom, which owns CBS). 12 days later, it was up again, in edited form. The edits removed a section describing the three days after the contestants arrive at the site of filming, before the filming starts. But also changed was his list of likely pre-merge boots. The orginal list was: "Peter, Patricia, Hunter, Kathy, Zoe and Robert." When it came up the second time, it was "Peter, Patricia, Gabe, Sean, Sarah and Gina." What's interesting is that Sarah, who again is being portrayed as dead meat, was included in the new list. And Hunter and Kathy were both removed. Hmmmm.

And here is the link to the ET article with the relevant text below...

http://www.etonline.com/mini/survivor_marquesas/confessions.htm

If I were a betting man, I'd predict Peter, Patricia, Gabe, Sean, Sarah and Gina will struggle making the merge.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 Varner-X SurvivorBlows 03-12-02 1
   More AyaK 03-12-02 2
       RE: More SurvivinDawg 03-13-02 4
           RE: More SurvivorBlows 03-13-02 5
               RE: More SurvivinDawg 03-13-02 8
           RE: More George Tirebiter 03-13-02 6
       RE: More princesstan 03-13-02 15
   RE: Varner-X George Tirebiter 03-12-02 3
       Black Gretchen LadyT 03-13-02 13
 RE: Varner's friends??? true 03-13-02 7
   Varner's friends with show title cowboyroo 03-13-02 9
 This is a little too strange for me bergdogg 03-13-02 10
 RE: Ep2 Comments Ogachu 03-13-02 11
 What about this..................? lazydazes 03-13-02 12
   RE: What about this................... PepeLePew13 03-14-02 20
 Good Call, Clown! IceCat 03-13-02 14
   Looks to be a good shot weltek 03-14-02 16
       RE: Looks to be a good shot SurvivinDawg 03-14-02 17
           IT'S OVER Wacko Jacko 03-14-02 18
               RE: IT'S OVER dcamikr 03-14-02 19
                   RE: IT'S OVER Wacko Jacko 03-14-02 22
 A Word Of Caution SurvivinDawg 03-14-02 21
   RE: A Word Of Caution Wacko Jacko 03-14-02 23
       RE: A Word Of Caution DeclaringJihadOnSurvivor 03-14-02 24
           RE: A Word Of Caution Wacko Jacko 03-14-02 25
 Some Thoughts red 03-14-02 26
   RE: Some Thoughts smiles 03-14-02 27
       RE: Some Thoughts MeToo 03-14-02 28
           RE: Some Thoughts smiles 03-14-02 30
   RE: Some Thoughts rotu rooter 03-14-02 29
   Varner in Vegas FFantasyFX 03-15-02 31
       RE: Varner in Vegas MC_Hampster 03-20-02 32

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

SurvivorBlows 15230 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-12-02, 09:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorBlows Click to send private message to SurvivorBlows Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "Varner-X"
LAST EDITED ON 03-12-02 AT 10:22 PM (EST)

I hate to add fuel to the conspiracy rumors, so hell, I'll just drop some cologne instead.

I can confirm the article was indeed modified. And I can confirm that the ETOnline/Paramount Digital scrambled to have every public copy of it destroyed.

I can confirm this because the article had been, without my knowledge (but still ultimately my responsibility) posted in its entirety to our old "General News" page during the morning of 2/14/20002.

At approximiately 2:35:00 PM EST on 2/14/2002 SurvivorBlows.com was contacted via our "hotline voicemail" by a representative of Paramount Digital Entertainment / Entertainment Tonight Online who requested to speak with a SurvivorBlows.com representative and left a contact phone number. No further information was supplied.

At approximiately 7:40:23 PM EST the same representative left another message, this one more detailed, explaining that they were calling about the copy of the article that had been posted on our General News page. The representative explained it had been removed from their website, our posting of it in its entirety was a violation of their copyright, and they'd like it removed immediately.

I was without voicemail access all day that day and first heard the messages upon returning home that evening. As soon as I learned of the article in question I immediately removed it from our site (but not before pulling a copy of the original article text from my browser's cache and saving it to my computer -- they seemed to be unusually anxious about the issue and my spoiler suspicions had been aroused.)

I mentioned the whole thing to the Blue Men in passing that same evening and AyaK pointed out it was still available via Google... only to make a point of noting to us all a few days later (2/20) that it was no longer on Google -- that AyaK, ever the completist! Knowing that Google removes invalid pages from it's index every time it re-crawls a site (and that it re-crawls some media sites DAILY nowadays) I'll confess that at the time I didn't think much of AK's observation (that'll teach me.)

Anyways, the bottom line is I can confirm the accuracy of the event first-hand. And I still have a copy of the original text of the article on my computer.

The list isn't the only change. The original ending to the next to the last paragraph was:

"and potential ruthlessness (Tammy and Gabe)."

...there was no mention of Sean.

The first sentence of the last paragraph was originally "I can't wait for the start of this show." then the new first paragraph followed.

The original listing of the six folks was "Peter, Patricia, Hunter, Kathy, Zoe and Robert"

Once again SEAN was added to another line -- the original 3rd sentence said "I'd say Tammy and Gabriel reveal conniving devilish sides."

Lastly the original posting said Maraamu would be the "strongest" -- not "stronger" tribe.

Does it mean anything... well, I dunno, but now I've got even myself wondering.

-SB

AyaK 10426 desperate attention whore postings

03-12-02, 10:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AyaK Click to send private message to AyaK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "More"
I've engaged in a lot of private discussion of this article, so I'm hesitant to engage in too much public discussion. Suffice it to say that I think Varner's original article fairly accurately picks the first people to go. It's easy to picture Kathy, Zoe and Robert being the first three to go from Rotu. The Hunter boot is harder (why Hunter and not Gina?), but it makes sense if Hunter is targeting Sarah and Sean, as they think he is.

HOWEVER, a Hunter boot doesn't make sense right now, does it? After all, Maraamoooo has lost two challenges; why get rid of your hardest worker? Plus, the revised article seems to picture a Maraamoooo wipeout, with Sarah, Sean and Gina added to the boot list. I don't believe that MB would let that happen...

I think the original article gives us a good idea of who is getting booted from each tribe but not the "1 through 6" boot order. Of course, if Hunter is booted this week, I'll eat crow. But even that will taste better than what the survivors ate at last week's IC!

SurvivinDawg 6816 desperate attention whore postings

03-13-02, 06:33 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivinDawg Click to send private message to SurvivinDawg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: More"
LAST EDITED ON 03-13-02 AT 06:37 AM (EST)

The Hunter boot is harder (why Hunter and not Gina?), but it makes sense if Hunter is targeting Sarah and Sean, as they think he is.
HOWEVER, a Hunter boot doesn't make sense right now, does it?

Actually, AyaK, it makes a LOT of sense if you look at it in the proper perspective. You have 2 Alpha males (Hunter and Sean) that are building towards conflict. A third semi-Alpha male (Rob) is starting to assert himself, having broken away from Hunter's control. As in lion prides, where two males will often collude to oust the Alpha male and take over and share the harem, Rob and Sean may continue their pact from last week.

I would think that they would target Gina over Hunter, for the physical reasons you suggest, but a couple of things might go against that: 1) Getting Vecepia on board might require Hunter being the target, and 2) Hunter might become such a pain in the @$$ (note his nighttime conversation with Sarah in the highlights, where he clearly agitates her) that the rest of them decide he must be the one to go. Or his leadership costs them another challenge and resentment builds.

Last, my reasons for having my attention turned to Hunter have to do with my favorite theories: OFG Theory/Occam's Razor/Hollow Theory. OFGT: Kathy was NOT shown in the highlights at the end of Ep. 2 for Ep. 3. Gina was ONLY shown in a moon/silhouette shot. But Hunter was shown. Other Theories: Hunter was featured as the leader on the See-BS site. Patricia's interviews all paint a rosy picture of Hunter. Hunter has been featured on the last two shows, with a slightly building negativism.

Finally, the theme of this thread, the Varner-X theory (you guys have SUCH better names than the Combat Missions' writers; they should hire y'all instead!) really has my attention. Thanks to shakestheclown and Webby for posting and confirming it (but Webby, DO share some of these "blue men" conversations with the rest of us! ) The only name on the list that surprises me is Zoe: what did SHE do to warrant getting voted off? hang out with Kathy too much? get sick? (that would explain the 25 lb. weight loss).

Okay, too much rambling....

*** Contradictions don't exist. If you are faced with a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong. -- Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

SurvivorBlows 15230 desperate attention whore postings

03-13-02, 10:23 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorBlows Click to send private message to SurvivorBlows Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: More"
>has my attention. Thanks
>to shakestheclown and Webby for
>posting and confirming it (but
>Webby, DO share some of
>these "blue men" conversations with
>the rest of us!

I understand you are only joking in the above, but just to be clear, the only reason I mentioned it to the "blue men" to begin with is because the issue was originally an administrative issue -- it's not like I made a habit of having any private, private Blue Men-only speculation.

After re-reading the above, I can see I wasn't clear about this in my original post, but I received and listened to the first message during a small window (probably about 30 minutes) before the second voicemail was left. After listening to the first message, I didn't know what ETOnline wanted, and, not only am I personally not generally interested in media inquiries but I knew that I wasn't going to be unavailable to contact them the next day -- I was going to be tied up in a conference.

Therefore at that time I sent a quick message off to the other Blue Men just giving them a head's up on the call in case any of them were interested in following up on it. ...then no sooner did I do so when the second voicemail arrived and then I sent a followup message just clarifying what the issue had turned out to be and telling them to basically ignore the first message.

No big conspiracy here... just the type of boring, run of the mill administrative stuff that comes with running a community website (that in this case turned out -- a month later -- to possibly be something of significant spoiler value.)

-SB

03-13-02, 10:45 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivinDawg Click to send private message to SurvivinDawg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: More"
Yes, I was humorously suggesting to share whatever spoiling discussion y'all had had. Emphasis on "humorous"

*** Contradictions don't exist. If you are faced with a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong. -- Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

George Tirebiter 2982 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

03-13-02, 10:38 AM (EST)
Click to EMail George%20Tirebiter Click to send private message to George%20Tirebiter Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: More"
>The only name on the list that surprises me is Zoe: what did SHE do to warrant getting voted off? >hang out with Kathy too much? get sick? (that would explain the 25 lb. weight loss).
CRAP! Kathy and Zoe WERE both reported to have equal weight losses, weren't they? . . . You don't suppose they partnered up in Burn-it's S4 Loozer Fitness Regime, do you? Given all we learned about Zoe, pre-show, I was expecting she'd do very well--but she has appeared to be more tolerant, at least, of Kathy, so that could've impacted her negatively. . .

GT

princesstan 20 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

03-13-02, 10:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail princesstan Click to send private message to princesstan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: More"
> Of course, if Hunter
>is booted this week, I'll
>eat crow.

Lots of crows where I live...should I send you one!! Definetely think Varner's 1-6 spoiler is the way to go now that Hunter is gone...which means Kathy, Zoe and Robert are next in order...

George Tirebiter 2982 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

03-12-02, 10:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail George%20Tirebiter Click to send private message to George%20Tirebiter Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Varner-X"
I don't understand why SeeBS felt this was worth calling attention to by having it jerked around. . . If it's BS, let us obsess with it--if Varner got lucky, it seems the less said, the better; chances are good we would've taken it with the same skepticism as Soozin or Alicia's TV Guide rambles.

So--does this mean that the SeeBS version of the MIB (maybe with eye patches instead of dark glasses?) will be showing up at our doors, to track down illicit copies of the original article on ALL our computers? Surely they're aware that there's a pathetic number of people who save copies & screenshots of things to refer back to, to see how they pan out. . .

Of course, I'm paranoid enough to believe this could also be a MB "counter-intelligence" ploy, just to make us sit up and take notice of something totally off-track. He HAS made a bigger point each season of thwarting the Spoilers. . .

. . . and why am I now feeling akin to Robert Anton Wilson? (You know, by the time you realize you've learned too much about the Illuminata, you're in too deep for them to allow you to go free )

GT

Paranoiac Extraordinaire

LadyT 5567 desperate attention whore postings

03-13-02, 06:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LadyT Click to send private message to LadyT Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "Black Gretchen"
Thanks for posting this Shakes, and confirming this. This makes me really think.

It reminds me, and fellow old SS people will know, of the Black Gretchen theory. For those of you unaware of it, MB had a picture of a post merge TC in the opening credits for the first two episodes of S1. When people analyzed it, and realized who was getting kicked out, he quickly had it removed. By Ep 3 I think. There was only one person who couldn't be made out, either Gretchen or Gervase. Hence, the Black Gretchen game began.

Why do I bring this up? Because of how fast MB got rid of that shot. Based on this, and what Webby confirmed, I think we have a winner in Varner. Maybe not the order, but the people who are not going to make it to the merge.

joins GT in paranoia land

true 9689 desperate attention whore postings

03-13-02, 10:39 AM (EST)
Click to EMail true Click to send private message to true Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Varner's friends???"
Thanks for posting this shakes. I really don't know exactly what to make of it yet, but I do have a question. If the article was pulled for the reasons we are speculating, why would they have left Peter and Patricia in the new version? If its true, that Varner did guess right, I don't understand why these two would be left in the article, especially in that order. The whole thing is very suspicious. I can see leaving Patricia in there (she really fits the profile of an early boot) but Peter? Well, I guess that no matter how they changed it, it still looks really bad for those on the original list. Anyway, changing the article this way really draws way more attention to it, than if it was just left alone. Not very bright. This really does make you go hmmmmm...

true

True friends stab you in the front -Oscar Wilde

cowboyroo 590 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

03-13-02, 11:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail cowboyroo Click to send private message to cowboyroo Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "Varner's friends with show title"
http://www.survivornews.net/article?id=15

I'm starting to want to jump on the Robert boot bandwagon now. The No Pain, No Gain thing seems to be clearly from this quote of Robert's. Fits perfectly. Robert is on the original Varner list...

Knowing the craziness of Survivor, we'll probably get a out of nowhere Zoe boot and have Varner's friends list become the hot topic of the week, since she is on both the first and second list...

bergdogg 380 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

03-13-02, 12:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bergdogg Click to send private message to bergdogg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "This is a little too strange for me"
To me, this absolutely stinks of MB influence. My prediction is that most of those names are correct as far as pre-merger bootees go, but one of them is in their to screw with us at the end. Do I need to remind anybody about Gervase X or the "source code" spoiler. Or even Uncle cameraman??

I think their is potential for this to have major spoiling value, but their has to be a red herring here. Would Viacom really go to this much trouble for a complete guess??

To me, there will be five of those that are correct. Then while everyone is going to predict the sixth person's boot, someone else will get their torch blown out.

Ogachu 58 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

03-13-02, 02:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Ogachu Click to send private message to Ogachu Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Ep2 Comments"
I just read his article on last week's ep. http://www.etonline.com/mini/survivor_marquesas/instinct-wk2.htm

Some contradictions and his explanation for it. Still doesn't explain why the names changed mysteriously though.

"ZOE, TAMMY and Robert intrigue me at this point. We don't see much of them. It makes me wonder what they're being saved for. Robert was weak and sick because he was hungry? And nobody commented on that? And Zoe was such a hoss, flipping that submerged boat over. She's strong, subtly supportive, and always has a warm, welcoming joy in her eyes. Right now, she's my frontrunner to win it all.

When I started this Friday morning quarterback thing, I predicted Maraamu would be the strongest tribe, but most of them would be voted off before the merge. I didn't understand the instinctual contradiction at the time. Seeing it actually happen -- with Rotu undefeated in the challenges -- is strange. I think Maraamu will continue to crumble, with a presumed tribal switch just around the corner. With Maraamu as divided as they are, they could be doomed. Some of them will slip through, but this looks like a game that will remain Rotu-heavy for a while."

lazydazes 28 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

03-13-02, 04:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail lazydazes Click to send private message to lazydazes Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "What about this..................?"
I know this is a stretch but.............what if Hunter, Kathy, Zoe and Robert are the final four?

It looks bad for Hunter right now, but what if Gina or Sarah go tonight and Hunter makes it to the "switch" (whenever that may be?) He could possibly be one of the Marramus that is switched over to the Rotu tribe - maybe he will find "new life" in that tribe. I just have a hard time seeing the Marramus voting such a strong person out of their tribe tonight - especially since they haven't won a challenge.

Kathy and Robert have been kind of portrayed in a more negative light than the rest (Kathy being bossy - Robert being sickly). Is that just a distraction? My personal hope is that John "I might as well set a place at the final four table if I catch a pig" would go next (and have we seen any pigs in his snare? Nope!) He is just a little to full of himself.

As far as Zoe - she has been one of the ones I thought would go a long way. I don't remember seeing a whole lot of her in the first episodes either.

Also, I remember thinking in Sur. 2 that Tina would not make it much past a few episodes (after she threw up or spit out the worm she had to eat in the gross food tiebreaker with Kimmi?) I thought for sure she would be gone. Maybe there have been some smoke screens for Robert and Kathy put up to distract us?

I don't know - this is only the second time I have posted to the boards - I am probably (almost certaintly) way, WAY off - but I am just trying to throw out some more thoughts. Please be nice to me ---------- I'm new!

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings

03-14-02, 10:34 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: What about this..................?"
Welcome, lazydazes!

Unfortunately, we can now throw your theory out of the window, as well as my thought of who the final four would have been based on earlier spoilers (Hunter, Gina, Paschal, Sarah).

MB's not going to be happy in the least bit with Varner if this list plays out -- wonder if ET will get an invite to S5's media day or whatever it is the media gets to see...

IceCat 17415 desperate attention whore postings

03-13-02, 09:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail IceCat Click to send private message to IceCat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "Good Call, Clown!"
Kudos on the Hunter boot pick!

OUTSPOIL! OUTSPOOF! OUTRAGEOUS!

weltek 16936 desperate attention whore postings

03-14-02, 08:40 AM (EST)
Click to EMail weltek Click to send private message to weltek Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "Looks to be a good shot"
Depending on the "twist" next episode, I would say that this list sure is shaping up to be feasible.

First we saw Kathy portrayed in a new light this episode. I smell misdirection. I don't think everyone is in love with Kathy now. She is still the "outsider" of the group if they HAD to vote someone out. If she gets booted, I bet that's the last time she'll be the nice one and pee on someone's hand.

Secondly, this would fit perfectly with an MB classic move, somehow forcing Rotu to head to some TC with underhanded fixing of the game.

03-14-02, 09:04 AM (EST)
17. "RE: Looks to be a good shot"
First we saw Kathy portrayed in a new light this episode. I smell misdirection.

I smell "redemption." MB usually likes to redeem "bad" characters and put them in a somewhat positive light before they get booted and hit the talk show circuits. A big example of this was Jerri Manthey in S-II. MB used the recap episode to "redeem" her and make her appear to be less of a b!+ch (not that it WORKED, but you get the idea). MB also used this tactic for Frank and, to a lesser extent, Silas in S-III.

I don't think everyone is in love with Kathy now.

I agree, but I don't think the others HATE her the way they HATED Jerri and disliked Debb. Gabe has made a huge effort to bring Kathy into the circle, and she is working hard and bringing in food, not to mention her willingness to drop her drawers for a teammate in a good cause . To that end, should Rotu go to TC and Robert is still sick or injured and not an asset, he just might get booted ahead of Kathy.

But if there is a swap, Kathy (as well as Robert) will be sent with all due haste to the other tribe. And Kathy will probably never be able to redeem herself totally because alliances are setting in and she was on the outside looking in when THAT happened. We see Rodger and Lis-- er, I mean Paschal and Neleh, we see Gabe and Tammy (and Robert) hanging out. John is probably in with Goldilocks' group. That leaves Zoe, and HER name is on the list(!).

Wacko Jacko 2438 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

03-14-02, 09:45 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Wacko%20Jacko Click to send private message to Wacko%20Jacko Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "IT'S OVER"
LAST EDITED ON 03-14-02 AT 09:52 AM (EST)

And I wish I didn't look.

I believe this spoiler to be credible. Couple it with next weeks episodes title "Winds of Change". Kathy will be next followed by Zoe and Robert.

We all know Kathy has been the most logical Rotu boot and that needs no explaining especially with the new misdirection that everyone is starting to like Kathy. Zoe? We havent seen as much of her. She could be Kathy's buddy. Robert has been injured and sick he makes sense too.

The only thing I wonder is how Mara winds the next bunch of challenges.

Ok, this gives the spoiler that John and Tammy were the first two booted after the merge some credibility.

From that it leaves Sean, Vee, Gina, Rob and Sarah from Mara. And only Gabe, Neleh, and Paschal from Rotu. It makes sense too because Paschal and Neleh seem to be very likable like Rodger and Elisabeth. Gabe could win an immunity challenge that could get him here over Tammy.

The Rotu's are then very ripe for the picking. From that I could make a serious clam to Vee winning the whole thing.

For Survivor 4 I am out of here. Sure was much more fun not knowing who wins this thing. There has been an obvious leak here that might kill Survivor in the future.

dcamikr 2 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

03-14-02, 10:09 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dcamikr Click to send private message to dcamikr Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: IT'S OVER"
Actually with the switch/fate episode next a Kathy/Zoe/Robert booting makes a bit of sense. What if Kathy and Zoe are traded over to Maraamu.....but Maraamu (of course) continues to lose.....bye bye Kathy and bye bye Zoe....I think it is definitely OVER for Maraamu....but this may include members of NEW Maraamu....

03-14-02, 11:00 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Wacko%20Jacko Click to send private message to Wacko%20Jacko Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: IT'S OVER"
Switch? What Switch? There will be no switches. The switch was used last year because there were two even tribes with alliances that needed to be broken so that the game would stay interesting.

A switch would kill Maraamu even sooner than if they didn't have the switch.

Here's is the boot order: Kathy, Zoe, Robert, John, Tammy.

Than I am speculating: Gabe, Sean, Paschal, Neleh, Gina, Sarah, Rob and the winner Vee. Maraamu is not finished but in fact a Maraamu will win this thing.

Look at the clues from the spoiler above. That is where I am getting this from. What a close parallel to the Outback. One tribe looks dead but comes back. Than Paschal and Neleh will also become like Rodger and Elisabeth.

You heard it hear first. That is my prediction.

03-14-02, 10:56 AM (EST)
21. "A Word Of Caution"
A quick word of caution about this spoiler: Although it certainly looks reasonable to assume that Kathy, Zoe and Robert are possible bootees, this spoiler is not a guarantee of that, especially if an early merge happens. Certainly the spoiler is not to be discarded, but I advise everyone to keep an open mind in your analyses of the upcoming episodes.

03-14-02, 11:11 AM (EST)
23. "RE: A Word Of Caution"
This spoiler is a leak or if not a leak very accurate because Burnett pulled it from his site. So whether they do a switch or not (they won't) this is accurate regardless because the show was taped before the list was made. How else would Hunter of been picked this soon and it also fits the next episode title - "Winds of Change". Kathy will be next. I wager 100 points on that (yahoo game).

DeclaringJihadOnSurvivor 60 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

03-14-02, 11:17 AM (EST)
Click to EMail DeclaringJihadOnSurvivor Click to send private message to DeclaringJihadOnSurvivor Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: A Word Of Caution"
well..if there is a switch of tribes..you realize yahoo probably will not give anyone points then

03-14-02, 12:37 PM (EST)
25. "RE: A Word Of Caution"
There will be no switch like there was in Africa. It would kill Maraamu and kill Survivor 4. Besides the next three to go will be from Rotu for sure.

100 points wagered on Kathy is 100 pointers no matter if she gets shipped to Siberia. If she is booted I get 100 points regardless.

red 140 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

03-14-02, 02:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail red Click to send private message to red Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "Some Thoughts"
First off, I really and truly believe Varner just made amazingly good guesses. We've already covered that old survivors know nothing, and furthermore Varner doesn't want to ruin survivor.

The question becomes, at what point is this list close enough to put CBS in a panic? Three in a row is good - would it be four in a row? Would it be three in a row plus another not in order? I'm thinking his picks don't have to be 6 for 6 to make CBS pull the plug like they did. And I'm thinking he may have five out of six right, maybe or maybe not in order. That would be good enough, to my mind. Cause I'm having a hard time with the Zoe boot - she's been far too under the radar to go pre-merge, but I could easily be wrong.

Now, my big question is about the "twist." Because didn't MB actually say in a quote that the switch went so well in Africa they did it again in Marquesas? So I'm having a hard time seeing how there could be a tribal switch and the end result is three booted Rotus when they're eight to five. But I could have sworn Burnett said it would happen.

I, of course, am also wondering why Peter and Patricia were left on the new list. Zoe was also left on the new list which makes me wonder about whether she's the one he got wrong the first time.

Also, has anyone noticed that without fail, the underdog tribe in the beginning brings with it the winner. Tagi was older, and struggling in challenges. Ogakor same deal. Boran same deal.

smiles 675 desperate attention whore postings

03-14-02, 03:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail smiles Click to send private message to smiles Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "RE: Some Thoughts"
Okay here is how the "twist"/switch could result in 3 Rotu bootees. The Rotu tribe gives up 3 to Maraamu. Maraamu gives up 2 to Rotu. The tribes would then be 6 Maraamu 7 Rotu. Maraamu would then continue on their loosing streak and have to go to TC. The TC vote would result in a tie (one old Rotu, one original Maraamu). Since previous votes have no bearing in TC this season the old Rotu member (Kathy, Robert, Zoe?) looses the trivia or whatever they use now to break ties. In the next episode Maraamu looses again (what a surprise) and goes to TC to vote on the remaining 2 old Rotu. Same happens the next week.

MeToo 158 desperate attention whore postings

03-14-02, 03:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MeToo Click to send private message to MeToo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "RE: Some Thoughts"
If that were the case, what's to stop Rotu from throwing a challenge so they can keep the upper hand in the merge?

smiles 675 desperate attention whore postings

03-14-02, 05:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail smiles Click to send private message to smiles Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
30. "RE: Some Thoughts"
Nothing will stop Rotu from throwing a challenge.

This is just the only way that I can see Kathy, Robert, and Zoe getting the boot if there is a switch. It is highly unlikely that some of the original Rotu and the switched Maraamu bond together and vote off an original Rotu.

Then there always is that possibility that Zoe is the one that Varner got wrong. (Which by the way I think she IS his only mistake.) And Kathy and Robert will go in the event of a switch-a-roo, and another Maraamu member (Gina?) that gets switched gets the boot instead of Zoe.

rotu rooter 17 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

03-14-02, 04:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail rotu%20rooter Click to send private message to rotu%20rooter Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "RE: Some Thoughts"
>
>I, of course, am also wondering
>why Peter and Patricia were
>left on the new list.

According to the original post, "12 days later, it was up again, in edited form." That would be February 25, after Peter and Patricia had been booted. MB must've decided to let Jeff be right about some, and the ones already booted were the obvious choice. (But they should've mixed up the names!)

> Zoe was also left
>on the new list which
>makes me wonder about whether
>she's the one he got
>wrong the first time.

No, the new list goes: "Peter, Patricia, Gabe, Sean, Sarah and Gina."

Sign me--Extremely Nervous for Zoe

FFantasyFX 1028 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

03-15-02, 03:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail FFantasyFX Click to send private message to FFantasyFX Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
31. "Varner in Vegas"
I'm not picking on you red, but skimming through the spoiler forum today, I saw way too many people for my comfort say that Varner made some lucky guesses with his picks. I have to agree with bergdogg above and say that something fishy is going on here.

I can believe it within the realm of probability that Varner managed to get Peter and Patricia picked in order by chance. However, with Wednesday's Hunter boot, this list absolutely stinks of a MB plant. The odds of Varner getting Peter, Patricia, and Hunter picked correctly in order is 1 out of 4096. If Kathy goes next week, which is quite possible based on the editing in my opinion, Varner just nailed an incredible 1 out of 65536 shot. While I realize that logic probably reduces these odds, with that kind of luck Varner should go to Vegas (or at least participate in Spoiler Island ) Also remember that Varner made his picks before the first episode was aired, putting him at a disadvantage in predicting.

When I first came across this board before SIII, I found it rather amusing reading some of the MB conspiracy theories that were espoused by some members of this board. However, after trying to actively spoil this show for a season and bit, I'm a bit more open to the idea that MB is proactive in thwarting the spoiling community.

I think that it is possible that Diane's List last season and Varner-X this season were deliberately planted by MB. Why would MB so nice and generous and give us the first four or five bootees you ask? Well, what usually occurs is that such spoilers get lost in the shuffle of information the first two or three episodes, therefore no benefit to us. Then, people start to make correlations between the correct boots and the lists. While the accuracy of the lists are debated, the next one or two boots prove correct. However, the final piece or pieces of information prove incorrect and thus a red herring. So in the end, only the people who believe the accuracy of the lists make any gain out of it, and then only for one or two episodes. It's a kind of game to MB and a quite clever one at that.

Whoa, this got much longer than I thought it would. Anyway, I think that the Varner-X spoiler will continue to prove true for the next episode or two with Kathy and maybe Zoe (or perhaps at the fifth spot the list will invert order and Robert will go). But look for the rug to be pulled out beneath our feet the 5th or 6th episode.

FFantasyFX

MC_Hampster 105 desperate attention whore postings

03-20-02, 05:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MC_Hampster Click to send private message to MC_Hampster Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
32. "RE: Varner in Vegas"
Except that since we're on Survivor 4, MB knew we would figure out his strategy and so he's changed it now...

-MC

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •