The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Why Blake Will Come In 2nd"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

geekboy 1788 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

05-23-07, 09:18 AM (EST)
Click to EMail geekboy Click to send private message to geekboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Why Blake Will Come In 2nd"
Blake definately had a shot to beat Jordin, but he won't. For the reason why, just turn to our friend Simon.

Round 1 - Simon gave it to Blake, and he was right. Blake let it all loose on a reprise of "Bad Name". Full-tilt beat boxing, singing, dancing....he beat Jordin doing a Christina song even.

Round 2 - HE had to KNOW she would bring back "Broken Wing". He also had to know that in the end he's be singing a dreck song as would Jordin. This was his last shot. He could pick any dang song he wanted to. He could show the world Blake Lewis for the LAST TIME and hopefully win them over. He must have some beatboxing moves he's kept hidden, and he could let those loose....and he chooses....a freaking ballad by Maroon 5.

2nd place, here we come.

Now, trust me, its far from teh end of the world for Blake...but that make Jordin "OUR AMERICAN IDOL". Blech.

Why, Blake?

geekboy

I love puppies! S. Cowell

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Why Blake Will Come In 2nd CTgirl 05-23-07 1
 RE: Why Blake Will Come In 2nd zazzy 05-23-07 2
   RE: Why Blake Will Come In 2nd geekboy 05-23-07 3
       RE: Why Blake Will Come In 2nd joannie 05-24-07 8
       RE: Why Blake Will Come In 2nd memzoo48 05-24-07 10
 RE: Why Blake Will Come In 2nd nailbone 05-23-07 4
   RE: Why Blake Will Come In 2nd geekboy 05-23-07 5
       RE: Why Blake Will Come In 2nd PagongRatEater 05-23-07 6
           RE: Why Blake Will Come In 2nd emydi 05-24-07 9
 RE: Why Blake Will Come In 2nd agman 05-24-07 7
 RE: Why Blake Will Come In 2nd YankeeDixieDoodle 05-24-07 11
 RE: Why Blake Will Come In 2nd true 05-24-07 12

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

CTgirl 8013 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-23-07, 10:16 AM (EST)
Click to EMail CTgirl Click to send private message to CTgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Why Blake Will Come In 2nd"
I agree with you geekboy. I was so disappointed last night after the show was over. It was a real let-down. I enjoyed “She Will Be Loved,” but it wasn’t a show-stopper and that’s what he needed knowing he had to sing the coronation song last. Blake gave her the title. I’m not a Jordin fan, but I was hoping she’d at least win it! She was shrieky and her overemoting reminded me of Saturday Night Live when Chris Kattan and co. would spoof singers like Enrique Inglesias. She’s not what I think of when I think of an American Idol.

Although the way that Randy and Simon kept stressing that it was a singing contest makes me think that they were worried that Blake could pull off a win.

Lucky for me, DS has an awards ceremony at school tonight so I won’t have to watch the beginning and then I will tune into the Lost finale and forget all about this season until Blake comes out with an album. (Although the part of me that loves a trainwreck will still fast forward through the results show to see the worthy bits that will be highlighted by Snidget and crew in the spoiler thread.)

zazzy 4390 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

05-23-07, 03:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail zazzy Click to send private message to zazzy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Why Blake Will Come In 2nd"
Geekboy, ITA. I just wrote on the should go will go thread that Blake should have repeated a song like "Somewhere only we know" (which most people have forgotten that he performed it at this point) as his slow song and then given us a new, upbeat song with beat boxing that would thrill us the way YGLABN did. The way he chose to do it did not give us any fresh buzz, even though I liked the Maroon 5 song.

As for the sucktastic coronation song, I think he was cornered into it because of the songwriting contest. I read on another board how Taylor said he would just walk out when he was presented with his first coronation song last year. He got them to let him sing the one they had intended for Elliot instead (DIMYP).

BTW, I have meant to tell you that last year you were right about Taylor when he was singing "You are so beautiful". You knew then that he was feeling every part of it. I have now been to two Taylor concerts and see how he pours all of himself into every song he performs. Looking forward to seeing him be smoking hot tonight!

05-23-07, 03:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail geekboy Click to send private message to geekboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Why Blake Will Come In 2nd"
Hi Zazzy -

Thanks for the compliment re: Taylor. Someday I'll see him in concert....maybe...we'll see.

Anyway, I can't agree with you re: "Somewhere Only We Know". To me, that has hte same problem as the Maroon 5 song last night. "Bad Name" was the absolute correct song to repeat. My point is that - yes - Blake can sing a song like the Maroon 5 song, and the Keane song...but in the situation he was in for an Idol finale, i think the SMART route would have been a 2nd uptempo song with even more beatboxing in it, and dancing, and everything.

In essence, he handed the crown to Jordin, and who knows - perhaps he wanted it that way. He has been quoted as saying he wanted to make final 4. We all know Bo didn't want to win.

geekboy

joannie 380 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

05-24-07, 11:25 AM (EST)
Click to EMail joannie Click to send private message to joannie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Why Blake Will Come In 2nd"
>
>In essence, he handed the crown
>to Jordin, and who knows
>- perhaps he wanted it
>that way. He has
>been quoted as saying he
>wanted to make final 4.
> We all know Bo
>didn't want to win.

Blake has been quoted as saying that he thought Jordin would win. I think a smart Blake didn't WANT to win. He didn't want to be controlled by the rigid Idol contract.

memzoo48 347 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

05-24-07, 11:51 AM (EST)
Click to EMail memzoo48 Click to send private message to memzoo48 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Why Blake Will Come In 2nd"

>
>Anyway, I can't agree with you
>re: "Somewhere Only We Know".
> To me, that has
>hte same problem as the
>Maroon 5 song last night.
> "Bad Name" was the
>absolute correct song to repeat.

I wish he had chosen to sing Time of the Season. (Not sure that's the title, but you know which song I mean?) His arrangement of that song was awesome, my favorite performance of the season.

nailbone 27263 desperate attention whore postings

05-23-07, 03:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail nailbone Click to send private message to nailbone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Why Blake Will Come In 2nd"
OTOH, will his suckage, and Simon's "mopped the floor with Blake" comment, spur his fans to vote even harder for him?

New sig courtesy of agman!

05-23-07, 04:46 PM (EST)
5. "RE: Why Blake Will Come In 2nd"
No. I hereby declare at 3:59 pm CST on 5/23/2007, Jordin will win.

geekboy

(...not that anyone cares...)

PagongRatEater 12996 desperate attention whore postings

05-23-07, 08:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PagongRatEater Click to send private message to PagongRatEater Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Why Blake Will Come In 2nd"
FTR, I declared it over a week ago.

Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, hear the lamentations of their women.

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings

05-24-07, 11:32 AM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Why Blake Will Come In 2nd"
the producers called it over 8 mos ago...

agman 11166 desperate attention whore postings

05-24-07, 00:34 AM (EST)
Click to EMail agman Click to send private message to agman Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Why Blake Will Come In 2nd"
Geez, I actually thought Blake would easily win. Obviously I don't know squat!

YankeeDixieDoodle 442 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

05-24-07, 03:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail YankeeDixieDoodle Click to send private message to YankeeDixieDoodle Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Why Blake Will Come In 2nd"
LAST EDITED ON 05-24-07 AT 03:09 PM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 05-24-07 AT 03:06 PM (EST)

I was disgusted that Melinda, consistently the best singer all season, was voted off last week. But, because Jordin proved, with "Broken Wing" on Country Night, that she was, despite all the shriekiness since then, at least capable of singing well, I voted for her. Against Blake, actually. I just couldn't stand all that beat boxing he kept doing. It sounded too much like rap, another genre I can't stand.

true 9689 desperate attention whore postings

05-24-07, 03:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail true Click to send private message to true Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Why Blake Will Come In 2nd"
and
>he chooses....a freaking ballad by
>Maroon 5.

>
>Why, Blake?
>

Ummm, maybe he chose the Maroon 5 song because the last time he sang a Maroon 5 song, the judges told him "those are the type of songs he should be singing." For the judges to turn around and criticize that song choice is a joke.

Honestly, I just don't get all the Blake love. Beat boxing has been around for a while, and I'm willing to be that there are few people here who own a ton of beat box music, or even listen to it on a regular basis. Rap, sure, but beat box? Idontthinkso.

I'm not a big Jordin fan either, but I think it was clear the she blew Blake away on the final performance night. Blake had some original performances, but then again, so did Sanjaya. His actual singing was spotty at best, while Jordin was consistantly getting better reviews from the judges.

I do agree that overall this season was boring. While I think there was plenty of talent, the personalities just weren't there.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •